FIFA 16 Videos & Pictures

7680x4320p with max LOD mod during gameplay.

FIFA_16_Screenshot_2024.04.21_-_17.24.39.63.jpg

FIFA_16_Screenshot_2024.04.21_-_17.25.06.67.jpg

Now we just need a mod to increase the draw distance of 3D grass to infinite and make them show up during gameplay camera as well.
that looks great. Can you share this LOD tool? Thanks

that looks great. Can you share this LOD tool? Thanks
Extract the attached zip file and put the settings.lua file in FIFA 16\data\fifarna\lua folder and then regenerate the data files using Creation Master 16 or CG File Explorer.

The only change inside the modified settings.lua file is "as:SetFloat(settingTable, "PlayerLodPercentageMultiplier", 100.0)". This ensures the players are rendering at full LOD even from furthest camera. It will cost performance but tbh on modern PCs, this shouldn't even matter. On my 980 Ti, I was still pushing 100+ FPS at 4k during gameplay with maxed out LOD although cutscenes were dropping to 50s [but it does even without modified lod].

As for Frostbite engine fifa games [tested on fifa 17-19], you can follow this tutorial

I don't know how to max out the LOD in current gen fifa games [FIFA 23 and FC 24]. Can't believe the highest ingame setting still doesn't have max LOD while PES 14-21 already did it with the highest setting.

Attachments

• settings.7z
    1.4 KB · Views: 11
As for Frostbite engine fifa games [tested on fifa 17-19], you can follow this tutorial

I don't know how to max out the LOD in current gen fifa games [FIFA 23 and FC 24]. Can't believe the highest ingame setting still doesn't have max LOD while PES 14-21 already did it with the highest setting.
I myself have been using LOD 1000 in Frostbite FIFA games since the beginning. But I always ask myself, why 1000? why not just 100? Just like in pre-Frostbite FIFAs... 100 is the max value that EA set on LOD by default. The min value can be different in different parameters (dynamically). There seems to be no real difference between 100 and 1000 when I set it. I don't know, but that's how I felt when I tested it recently. 😅

I myself have been using LOD 1000 in Frostbite FIFA games since the beginning. But I always ask myself, why 1000? why not just 100? Just like in pre-Frostbite FIFAs... 100 is the max value that EA set on LOD by default. The min value can be different in different parameters (dynamically). There seems to be no real difference between 100 and 1000 when I set it. I don't know, but that's how I felt when I tested it recently. 😅
I don't remember why it's 1000 and not 100. I'm pretty sure I asked myself the same question years ago. And probably heard a reason for 1000 instead of 100 as well. Maybe the lods switched at very high distance or some particular cutscene cameras, who knows. I have to download the game and test it myself to see if I can find any difference. But to be honest, I have lost interest in Frostbite fifa games for years now because of how limited and inconvenient modding these games have been.

Extract the attached zip file and put the settings.lua file in FIFA 16\data\fifarna\lua folder and then regenerate the data files using Creation Master 16 or CG File Explorer.

The only change inside the modified settings.lua file is "as:SetFloat(settingTable, "PlayerLodPercentageMultiplier", 100.0)". This ensures the players are rendering at full LOD even from furthest camera. It will cost performance but tbh on modern PCs, this shouldn't even matter. On my 980 Ti, I was still pushing 100+ FPS at 4k during gameplay with maxed out LOD although cutscenes were dropping to 50s [but it does even without modified lod].

Thank you!!

Been truly enjoying Fifa 16 lately. Scored this lovely lob in my Milan career:

It made me feel like I was watching one of those classic highlights of 90s/00s football. It's also incredible to see how many little details are hidden in the game, like Aubameyang peaking from behind the defender to see where the ball will go in the last replay. Stuff like this gives so much immersion wise.

Back
Top Bottom