The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Yea everything ok. I only share my toughts.

I don't like such a style of football, 2 times 90 minutes + and just one goal each. Once a long ball and one after a standard situation.
And the others a mixture of lack of ideas and like the rabbit before the snake in the game structure. Just don't get an opponent's counterattack.
I prefer it if there is an open mind between both teams.

Well, now the Spanish LaLiga champions are playing against the fifth team from the Bundesliga.

Just not my UCL season. I was hoping, like I said weeks ago, for a final between Inter and Atletico.

I see your point, and I like it when both teams are open, but I'll take a team playing like Dortmund when they're the underdog. PSG's wage bill will be, what, two or three times that of Dortmund's? And PSG have an insane amount of speed and skill up front. Dortmund did what they had to do in the circumstances. When a team is rightly pragmatic (Greece 2004 comes to mind) I have utmost admiration. When a team is needlessly stuffy (Mourinho's Chelsea around the same time comes to mind) that's when I get annoyed!

I see your point, and I like it when both teams are open, but I'll take a team playing like Dortmund when they're the underdog. PSG's wage bill will be, what, two or three times that of Dortmund's? And PSG have an insane amount of speed and skill up front. Dortmund did what they had to do in the circumstances. When a team is rightly pragmatic (Greece 2004 comes to mind) I have utmost admiration. When a team is needlessly stuffy (Mourinho's Chelsea around the same time comes to mind) that's when I get annoyed!
Yeah, sometimes you just need to counteract another team or be defeated. After all, you play to win a football match first and foremost. Being entertaining is a secondary thought.

Yea everything ok. I only share my toughts.

I don't like such a style of football, 2 times 90 minutes + and just one goal each. Once a long ball and one after a standard situation.
And the others a mixture of lack of ideas and like the rabbit before the snake in the game structure. Just don't get an opponent's counterattack.
I prefer it if there is an open mind between both teams.

Well, now the Spanish LaLiga champions are playing against the fifth team from the Bundesliga.

Just not my UCL season. I was hoping, like I said weeks ago, for a final between Inter and Atletico.
Absolutely gutted to see Bayern Munich bottling up again. No more Wembley repeat like 2013 vs Borussia Dortmund. Referees made a terrible mistakes in the dying moments that favored the Spanish corrupts.

But I think Bayern are really deserved to not win any kind of trophies after their tumultuous season. They look very awful, lacked discipline and fell apart throughout this season.

Asking about the UCL Final this year, I personally don't like to see Dortmund and Madrid making through. When the quarterfinal draw came out, I was hoping for the semifinal to be an all-Spanish (Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona) and all-English affairs (Arsenal vs Manchester City), with Barcelona and Manchester City going through. It's all about the 2011 reunion, when Xavi and Pep Guardiola together won the Champions League at Wembley against Manchester United, which was Manchester City's "noisy neighbors".

Last, but not least, UEL and UECL Finals this year get very interesting, with Atalanta and Olympiacos playing in the major European Finals for the first time ever. Bayer Leverkusen produced yet another "Xabi Time" thing against Roma, scoring two equalizing goals in the injury time after being 0-2 down to keep their Invincible Treble hopes alive. As for the Olympiacos, they are looking for a repeat of the national team's historic victory in Euro 2004, with the twist that the UECL Final will be played in home soil, having already knocked the likes of Maccabi Tel Aviv (after losing 1-4 at home), Fenerbahce (won on penalty shootout), and now, big favorites Aston Villa (over two legs).

As an English fans, I'm very disappointed to see no English teams (Premier League) playing in the European Finals this year, after the other 4 were knocked out in the quarterfinal. The 5th-placed teams for Premier League will still play in the next season's of Europa League, then, which is really a bad news for Tottenham Hotspurs. Same for Manchester United, who will most likely not even playing in the European Football whatsoever. Hopefully, the Premier League clubs will bounce back for the next season, where the European club competitions will have 36 teams instead of 32.

Yeah, sometimes you just need to counteract another team or be defeated. After all, you play to win a football match first and foremost. Being entertaining is a secondary thought.

That's a point I'm quick to make. As much as we want football to be entertaining, it has no right to be. It's a sport, it just so happens that it can be brilliant to watch! I think people have lost sight of that.

Back
Top Bottom