The Master League adventures thread

Hi All 👍🏻

After a bit of a hiatus following my long term PES United save I have finally got the bug for a Master League journey again and find myself turning back to PES2021. I could not quite get into my Shonan Bellmare save, so after just 1 season I have decided to pause that and move on to something a bit more exciting.

I noticed that Santos had recently been relegated to Serie B for the first time in their history and this seemed like the perfect save to revive a giant of Brazilian/South American football. They also have a licensed stadium in PES2021 too, which was a little added bonus!

I have moved some of the teams around to try and make the league as up to date as possible. I have also completely changed the Santos squad and made a customised team in order to make things a bit more challenging (Santos had a pretty decent team in PES2021 due to being in Serie A at the time). I have added in a mix of lower rated younger players and older players who will quickly decline. With it being a Brazilian team, I also had to include the Master League legend that is Castolo!

IMG_2928.jpeg

The first transfer window option was switched off so we headed into the season with the squad that we started with. The format of the Brazilian calendar in PES means that the Brazilian Cup plays out prior to the league season starting.

The ties are played over two legs and to be honest I had pretty low expectations for our run in the competition. The main aim this season would be promotion back to Serie A at the first attempt. However, we took it game by game and incredibly defeated some top Serie A sides to reach the final. We beat Internacional and Grêmio along the way.

As a result, we headed into a final against Flamengo. The final is also played over two legs which meant we could play a bit more cautiously and wait for a chance to score. We played the away leg first and managed to score twice, gaining a 2-1 victory.

Flamengo started the second leg really well and it was backs against the wall for most of the first half. However, we managed to break away and score against the run of play. We made it 2-0 in the second half before Flamengo scored a late consolation goal. A fantastic achievement and one that was completely unexpected, we have Copa Libertadores football to look forward to in our second season!

IMG_2927.jpeg

The league kicked off after the cup and we made a bit of a sketchy start with 3 consecutive draws, however after the midway point of the season this is the current state of play:

IMG_2926.jpeg

An immediate return to Serie A looks increasingly likely and hopefully we can go up as champions 🤞🏼

@Kopite1990 You're doing great with Santos! You know, I've always liked playing in the Brasileirao, and the format I actually like as well. Get all the Cup matches done first, and then start the Brasileirao, it's pretty convenient in terms of shuffling your lineup, you don't have to juggle so many tired players in the middle of the season.

A Copa do Brasil win and flying in Serie B! That's awesome. :) That's cool you are including Castolo as well in your save, I have him in my Brazilian story too, and he's been great for me so far (I am in my third season and playing Serie A). Coincidentally, my second star's name is Leandro! (although he is not a CF like in your story, but an invented AMF heheh)..

Maybe I could make a suggestion: If you want, you could try to bring back an aging Neymar if you are promoted! He has declared many times that he wants to finish his career with Santos.. although I'm not sure if you like him or not. :LOL: I actually thought he was a very exciting player when he started out, still remember the 2013 Libertadores very well!

Back
Top Bottom