The Retro-PES Corner

Hey! Does anyone know of a 1999-00 patch for PES6?
I've been looking around for a while bro, but haven't been able to find a dedicated 99-00 patch yet.

The closest I've found is PES 6 Décadas (uploaded here by @Sany023 LINK), which includes some 99-00 teams. There's a pes-retro thread (in Spanish) which talks more about this patch HERE, where the original creator talks about the features. Looks like an interesting patch, but is more geared towards history than a dedicated season.

I am sure that a 99-00 patch must exist somewhere, just can't find one (yet)! :LOL:

Last edited:
There's something absolutely timeless about PES 6.

Playing with the Superstar Level Mod (available here), the game is a real joy for me.

Can't really put my finger on why, but playing PES 6 always hits the spot. Yes, the animations may be clunkier to what modern gamers might be used to, there's no real 360 movement, the era's graphic limitations are there. But none of this matters to me. The sheer variety of game scenarios, situations, the unpredictability and sheer simplicity of the game. it really is something beautiful. Whenever I start a new match (in different patches), I literally have no idea what's going to happen, as various situations arise in the game, completely unscripted, that feel like real football. When I finish playing, whether I win or lose, I feel like I've played a satisfying, realistic, fun-filled match. It's just a truly enjoyable football game, elegant in its simplicity. A timeless, classic masterpiece in my book.

Last edited:

Playing with the Superstar Level Mod (available here), the game is a real joy for me.

Can't really put my finger on why, but playing PES 6 always hits the spot. Yes, the animations may be clunkier to what modern gamers might be used to, there's no real 360 movement, the era's graphic limitations are there. But it doesn't matter to me. The sheer variety of game scenarios, situations, the unpredictability and sheer simplicity of the game. it really is something beautiful. Whenever I start a new match (in different patches), I literally have no idea what's going to happen, as various situations arise in the game, completely unscripted, that feel like real football. When I finish playing, whether I win or lose, I feel like I've played a satisfying, realistic, fun-filled match. It's just a truly enjoyable football game, elegant in its simplicity. A timeless one in my book.

It's definitely one of the few sports games where I will lose and not get angry at the CPU 😅 in almost twenty years, every single match I've played has felt different.

Can't really put my finger on why, but playing PES 6 always hits the spot. Yes, the animations may be clunkier to what modern gamers might be used to, there's no real 360 movement, the era's graphic limitations are there. But none of this matters to me. The sheer variety of game scenarios, situations, the unpredictability and sheer simplicity of the game. it really is something beautiful. Whenever I start a new match (in different patches), I literally have no idea what's going to happen, as various situations arise in the game, completely unscripted, that feel like real football. When I finish playing, whether I win or lose, I feel like I've played a satisfying, realistic, fun-filled match. It's just a truly enjoyable football game, elegant in its simplicity. A timeless, classic masterpiece in my book.
Exactly, hits sweet spot of unpredictability, variety in shots etc and FUN. It's not all about a 100% sim.

Back
Top Bottom