JustPES - All your PES/WE tactical discussions

Klashman, played against barca with the formation and strategi you posted.I used Espanyol, and lost 3-0. Xavi and Inesta controlled the match from midfield and out passed my. They now play much more like Barca sholud play. Have you made formations and strategies for other teams??

Yes i do, i have loads! (btw Xavi abused me in that match i was beaten with Villa, some of his feints and turns were crazy)

i been editing the formations and tactics for all premier League championship and most Italian and Spanish teams

It opens up a new game in itself vs the CPU i tell you!

People have been talking about their being too much 'pressure' and the CPU doing the same thing etc.. well it's because Konami haven't set out the tacitcs properly for, well.. any team :LOL:

Most premier league teams by default have the exact same tactic! Same with most small int he game really. I edited a load of them before starting my Leeds ML (also did this with my West Brom ML which i struggled a lot with)and every single game i've played has had it's own totally unique story, even more diverse than before.

I'll try post some of them here and also i like to make a site dedicated to formations, it's much MUCH more effective in improving the game compared to global stat editing!

hey, looks interesting.. did you actually play that same formation/tactics yourself with barcelona or are these only ur obeservations when playing against them (COM)? normally the teams will behave differently when controlled by human player.. please advise. thx

It's my observation when playing against them man :):BYE:

Please, share them :APPLAUD:

...because I'm getting slowly convinced that extreem changes in team style are not necessary at all to make gameplay realistic.

Guys! My latest post in the blog is very important in the context of 'realistic gameplay edits'. I was thinking that the -2 or -1 gamespeed is the ideal speed for the game. I was wrong. The zero gamespeed is the most ideal. All gameplay edits we want to do, should be made based on zero gamespeed. The game is meant to be played in this gamespeed only and the players are true to their attributes only in this speed.

wasnt in my best mood writing that..lol

let things out and if make new things make them half working
is more correct, if that makes more sense :weirdo:

its not my second too btw :P

wasnt in my best mood writing that..lol

let things out and if make new things make them half working
is more correct, if that makes more sense :weirdo:

its not my second too btw :P

Nah, sorry man, still don't quite get it.

You have a decent understanding of English, i get how your pretty critical of the game which is fine, you have some ok points when i get them. I just think, you have a way of saying something in your first language which dosen't translate and make sense in English .

I think what your trying to say is that when Konami put new things in, make sure they are half done and aren't finished? You mean with the tactics?

It's down to imo Konami being a bit out of touch with euorpe when it comes to current affairs and how teams play (this season).

When it comes to tactics on this game, Konami give us the tools to do practically anything

Still, would be nice to see how klashman set up tactics for more teams. Especially curious about Italian ones.

i like to make it short, maybe that doesnt fit well with english written language as it does in e.g. german i dont know
my grammar is bad either language so thats another thing..

i want to say that konami removes some features from the series and the new features they put in are unfinished or not well implemented

like speed -1 -2 arent in pc version
or the thing bluchampblogger wrote

Ok i need a effective system to list these: If anyone can help devise one, would be appreciated.

Here's Real Madrid.

Player support: 11
Support Range: 5
Position Switch: 14
Attacking Style: 15
Pressing: 12
Defensive Line: 7
Compactiviness: 10

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
All these are very open to discussion, i think my settings this a great basis to fine tune how teams play.

Last edited:
Villarreal

Player support: 0
Support Range: 0
Position Switch: 13
Attacking Style: 20
Pressing: 8
Defensive Line: 8
Compactiviness: 4

AC Milan

Player support: 2
Support Range: 10
Position Switch: 13
Attacking Style: 10
Compactiviness: 6

Inter

Player support: 10
Support Range: 11
Position Switch: 8
Attacking Style: 13
Defensive Line: 12
Compactiviness: 7

Last edited:
Valencia

Player support: 3
Support Range: 0
Attacking Style: 19
Pressing: 14
Defensive Line: 13
Compactiviness: 6

US Palermo

Player support: 11
Attacking Style: 15

Coventry City

Player support: 12
Support Range: 20
Position Switch: 10
Pressing: 13
Defensive Line: 10
Compactiviness: 8

Reading

Player support: 5
Attacking Style: 14
Pressing: 10
Defensive Line: 6
Compactiviness: 12

complied a variety of sides, have loads more but i need help with French and Dutch league and in general smaller sides..

Last edited:
OMG guys i have been messing around with team styles, formations, strategy and the individual player awareness. It totally changes alot of problems with this game i kid u not try it. This is the best thing to do if ur finding it too easy and find that the AI plays the same. I have done this with real madrid, barcelona, chelsea and Arsenal who all have separate playing styles now and the AI doesnt seem stupid ne more. It attacks, players make runs and keeps possession. U will be surprised. I will post all what i did tomorrow. The main thing i found is that some things have been lost in translation in the team styles sliders cause one thing i have done is make barcelona's player support 1, and made their strategy defensive possession. It makes them keep possession and build up attacks.It was so good playin a bal style game as pedro vs real madrid and it was so good. i lost 2-0 to real madrid (which i also edited) and i had all the possession but they countered me. It was so realistic. I also played as aston villa vs barcelona in a proper match they beat me 4-0 and had 70% possession 20 shots and previous b4 i experimented i beat them 2-0 and had 70% possession. I has changed so much and i cant wait to edit every team and restart my master league.

What does everyone think of this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Bluchamp? any chance of putting these up on your site? Should we make a forum dedicated to tactics? someone?

I REALLY need help for the French and Dutch league plus all the other rest of world teams and Copa Libertadores

Plus need some huge help for Lower Spainish, Italian and Championship teams.

I have a base for the Bundersliga, giving most teams high lines, and deleting most of the team management tactics, to emulate the freedom of which german teams play! Still need help though!

Last edited:
Thanks Klash. I will try some of the teams. Have you formations and settings for Stoke or Blackburn? Is it possible to make the ai play with their route one style?

Awesome work :BOP:

Have you done Juventus set? Could you post it?

By the way, I'm not sure about Player Support value. I'm starting to think it is correct as Konami made it, i.e. "how high the team plays in offensive phase". When I set value to 0 or 1 for Barca, coupled with Defensive possesion tactics, the team pass the ball quickly to their front three and counters (the remaining players tend to sit back more). It means I get an opposite efect from the expected one (slow, possesion orientated fotball). However, with high values for Barcelona the team moves high up the pitch and with possesion DEF tactics, plays passing orientated football, which is what we want to achieve.

I think, high player support value actaully makes what klashman wanted to do putting Barca players very high on formation screen - moves a team to the opposition half of the field, making it more offensive orientated this way.

Thanks Klash. I will try some of the teams. Have you formations and settings for Stoke or Blackburn? Is it possible to make the ai play with their route one style?

Yes! ollywolly should take credit for this since it was his discovery that if you base their team management on 'All out Attack' they play, very direct long ball time football :)

Until i upload them, just use Coventry's as a base :)

Juventus are interesting since they like other teams (Newcastle, Man City) Don't quite have a defined style or gameplan and they are a very adaptive team.

With them i think i've only set hem with very few Team Management settings, set them to play out wide through Krasic and Pepe. What i wanted to acheive only really was to make them measured on the ball, and make them play a relativity high line also :) Like they do in real life (They concede a lot of goals)

By the way, I'm not sure about Player Support value. I'm starting to think it is correct as Konami made it, i.e. "how high the team plays in offensive phase". When I set value to 0 or 1 for Barca, coupled with Defensive possesion tactics, the team pass the ball quickly to their front three and counters (the remaining players tend to sit back more). It means I get an opposite efect from the expected one (slow, possesion orientated fotball). However, with high values for Barcelona the team moves high up the pitch and with possesion DEF tactics, plays passing orientated football, which is what we want to achieve.

I think, high player support value actaully makes what klashman wanted to do putting Barca players very high on formation screen - moves a team to the opposition half of the field, making it more offensive orientated this way.

The player support from the research on bluchamp's site, we defined player support as 'how fast a team attacks' in the essence of the nature of their passing'

What i interpreted it as was that with player support high, the AI always looked to pass the ball ahead of them. With player support low, it's makes them pass sideways and backwards a lot more, and they take their time and try to dominate possession.

I'll see if

The formation is set how it is because basically as soon as the team gets the ball (attacking phase), the form up like how i set them there with Dani Alves and Maxwell automatically pushing up very high! The defense pushing up a VERY high line and they dominate in the opponents third.

So that's another reason why we set the player support low, due tot he formation and the individual cards, player individuality (most player are set to attack) The Individuals naturally makes forward runs and attacks and don't need the player support on high for them to make forward runs.

Also the formation also vitally important for their defensive side of the game! What i noticed no matter how you position your team on the board for example with Alves placed on the halfway line. When they defend their positiong is so high up the pitch, it helps their pressign game since they don't pull themselves stupidly out fo postion to close down thier opponents, also most importantly Alves and Maxwell will ALWAYS run back and help out the defence.

Basically when without the ball, all teams are organized so they defend in lines like in real life. no matter how far apart you position your defenders. This is brilliant from Konami

So your team attacks like this.
barca1c.png

and no matter even if you set your team up like this
barca2u.png

The AI will always form back up like this when defending
barca3.png

simply because you designated you team to play 4 at the back :))

this slider means how the players do their runs when a teammate has the ball
high value means they overrun him so the pass is to be played more forward
low value means they dont overrun and stay back/same level

its basically player support exactly as its written

Nice work. Played Valencia-Villarreal(me). Lost 3-0, from a long shot, a corner and a header. The ai plays with a lot more varity now. Jouaqin was their dangerman with his pace and crossing. Played a replay, and got away with a lucky 0-0.
If you have the time, please post a few more teams.
Hope you understand my english

Nice work. Played Valencia-Villarreal(me). Lost 3-0, from a long shot, a corner and a header. The ai plays with a lot more varity now. Jouaqin was their dangerman with his pace and crossing. Played a replay, and got away with a lucky 0-0.
If you have the time, please post a few more teams.
Hope you understand my english

I'll try do loads more tonight man! Were you from, i need help man with these.

You you have a good understanding of any leagues?

klashman69 this is quality

been following the justpes blog for the last couple of months,tried to get realistic tactics on fifa but gave up in the end

any chance you could post up all prem ones you have done and i will test them and give feedback

if you could sort tonight or early am tomorrow would be great as i have a day off tomorrow and could test them out

thanks again

This very interesting stuff.
Klash you are doing a very good job.
I ve been struggling to get the english top teams to play like they do in actual life.
I played a match between Manchester United - Chelsea that was very unrealistic that ended 5-4!
They were leading the whole match but kept on charging to score leaving huge holes in their defence.
And then I watch the game between City - United were both teams were more concerned of being defensive than winning the game.

I would apprecite if you could post of the top premier league teams.

keep up the good work

I REALLY need help for the French and Dutch league plus all the other rest of world teams and Copa Libertadores

Plus need some huge help for Lower Spainish, Italian and Championship teams.

Which French and Spanish teams do you need a hand with? I'm not quite as up on Ligue 1 as I used to be, but I might be able to help with the smaller Spanish sides.

Which French and Spanish teams do you need a hand with? I'm not quite as up on Ligue 1 as I used to be, but I might be able to help with the smaller Spanish sides.

Errm Pretty much all french teams!

I have Madrid, Barca, valencia, Villarrael, Sevilla, Atletico, Athletic Bilbao, but i don't know about the rest.

I did last season but haven't seen much La Liga this year :(

All Premiership teams are being uploaded currently :)

Aston Villa

Player support: 12
Support Range: 17
Position Switch: 6
Attacking Style: 0
Defensive Line: 9

Birmingham City

Support Range: 18
Position Switch: 2
Defensive Line: 3
Compactiviness: 2

Blackburn

Player support: 18
Support Range: 17
Position Switch: 63
Attacking Style: 20
Pressing: 11
Defensive Line: 0
Compactiviness: 13

Blackpool

Player support: 15
Support Range: 8
Compactiviness: 11

If there isn't a designated strategy showing for Blackburn 'leading' it's because you need to leave it blank :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bolton

Player support: 8
Support Range: 12
Defensive Line: 8
Compactiviness: 9

Chelsea

Support Range: 15
Position Switch: 9
Defensive Line: 10
Compactiviness: 5

Everton

Player support: 10
Support Range: 20
Attacking Style: 7
Compactiviness: 8

Fulham

Player support: 8
Support Range: 8
Attacking Style: 5
Pressing: 9
Compactiviness: 5

Again, just reminding you it's left empty on purpose, team styles to come in a second

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom