Newcastle

Player support: 20
Support Range: 16
Position Switch: 13
Attacking Style: 12
Pressing: 13
Defensive Line: 8
Compactiviness: 12

Again, just reminding you it's left empty on purpose, team styles to come in a second

Last edited:
Stoke

Player support: 18
Support Range: 20
Position Switch: 3
Attacking Style: 17
Pressing: 11
Defensive Line: 3
Compactiviness: 10

Sunderland

Player support: 12
Support Range: 12
Position Switch: 13
Attacking Style: 16
Pressing: 16
Defensive Line: 12

Tottenham

Player support: 7
Support Range: 6
Position Switch: 7
Attacking Style: 2
Defensive Line: 8

West Brom

Player support: 5
Support Range: 5
Position Switch: 12
Attacking Style: 18
Defensive Line: 13
Compactiviness: 9

Last edited:
West Ham

Player support: 10
Support Range: 13
Position Switch: 9
Attacking Style: 6
Pressing: 12
Defensive Line: 13
Compactiviness: 15

Wigan

Player support: 8
Support Range: 4
Position Switch: 14
Attacking Style: 4
Pressing: 11
Defensive Line: 5
Compactiviness: 12

Wolves

Player support: 13
Support Range: 14
Position Switch: 6
Attacking Style: 5
Pressing: 17
Defensive Line: 6
Compactiviness: 6

I've done arsenal and tested their tactics out a lot, it works, but me as a gooner I'll probably change it from time to time!

Last edited:
Arsenal (works but this will be updated a lot!)

Use any one of 3

Set all to this:

Player support: 3
Support Range: 1
Position Switch: 16
Attacking Style: 19
Pressing: 15
Defensive Line: 18
Compactiviness: 5

Unsure if i should add anything else to Arsenal's tactics..

Last edited:
seriously, this is sooooooo great!
its 6 am here in germany, didnt sleep yet, but i really want to play PES - right now :D
i'd love to help, but i don't really know about all the values, how i have to change them, what they cause etc. ;)
but awesome work, if more people help together there may be an awesome OF ..

Thanks for the prem teams
will test out today and feedback

any news on the blanks are they like that on purpose or are you going to update them

thanks again fantastic work

As I understood, empty strategy blanks are left on purpose - those teams don't have definite gameplan and are very adaptive.

OK, Deportivo La Coruna. They're a really grim defensive side these days, probably the most defensive team in Spain. Almost all their goals come from counter attacks or (even more commonly) defenders scoring headers from set pieces - they have very little possession and are not adventurous at all in their play. They're kind of interesting though, because of their unusual 5-2-2-1 formation, which looks something like this:

Aranzubia

Manuel Pablo - Colotto - Aythami - Lopo - Rindaroy (or Diego Seone)

Juan Rodriguez - Ruben Perez

Valeron (AMF) - Guardado (LMF)

Adrian

...sometimes Adrian will play as a RMF when Valeron isn't in the team, and Lassad comes in as the striker.

Everyone except the CF plays very deep, with player support set incredibly low, and the full backs don't overlap as much as they usually do in PES (not sure how you'd change that, because I don't know if you can set them as CBs in a five-man defence?). I guess Long Ball would be the appropriate management setting. The aim is to make them hard to break down and not likely to come streaming forward at any point, unless there's a free kick around the box, when at least two of the central defenders come up - usually Lopo and Aythami, but sometimes all three. Not sure what else you'd need to know.

As I understood, empty strategy blanks are left on purpose - those teams don't have definite gameplan and are very adaptive.

Yes, they are left blank on purpose, it ironically makes them player 'more' lifelike because instead of the teams being locked onto a strategy which they don't play like in real.

Liverpool, Manchester City, Fulham, Newcatle, Wigan, West Ham don't really have a set style, so deleting all the stragetgies gives them freedom and adaptive tactics depending on their opposition.

@ pere ubu, thanks a lot for that report, i could make their tactics on that, just wondered if you could make some tactics as well or just send reports of as many teams as you can.

seriously, this is sooooooo great!
its 6 am here in germany, didnt sleep yet, but i really want to play PES - right now :D
i'd love to help, but i don't really know about all the values, how i have to change them, what they cause etc. ;)
but awesome work, if more people help together there may be an awesome OF ..

If you could do what pere ubu has just done with that report for any Bundersliga teams excluding Wolfsburg, Dortmund, Mainz and Schalke (i've done them already :) That would be brilliant. Or any other teams :)

Last edited:
I think that every team you have done are good
im going to try them later although i think you did make arsenal defensive line a bit to high
doubt they will play so high when they place barcelona in the champions league

keep up the good work

I think that every team you have done are good
im going to try them later although i think you did make arsenal defensive line a bit to high
doubt they will play so high when they place barcelona in the champions league

keep up the good work

Wouldn't worry about it man, in league and cups, master league etc.. Teams tweak their tactics automatically to suit their opponents but Arsenal against every single team apart from Barca player a VERY high line :)

would be very interesting to see your Mainz, they rly have a new game plan every game...

(probably) Bayern formation - without injuries ;)
---------------------- Gómez -----------------------
------- Ribéry ------- Müller ------- Robben -------
------------ Van Bommel ------- Schweinsteiger ------
-- Contento --- Badstuber --- Breno --- Lahm --------
------------------------ Butt ------------------------

note:
can be different. Tymoshchuk was CB in last games, but only because of injuries. Luiz Gustavo probably replaces Contento as LB soon.

style:
# Bayern's style is a bit like Barca. They always have possession 60-70 % in Bundesliga. A lot of passing, possession etc.
# Gomez is very offensive, wants to have room between defenders & goal so he can get a through pass. Fast player and good in 1-on-1.
# Their main weapons are of course Ribéry and Robben, but especially the right side. I dont know if you can realise it (especially no.3) but I tell you how they play :D
Robben runs towards the goal with speed. Most of the times, he faces the LB of the opponent. Lahm is very close to the line an sprints towards corner flag, Müller is in the middle, but probably doesnt get the ball. Now there are 2 options:
1) Dribbling against LB, maybe a feint so that he thinks Lahm gets the ball, but moves into the middle and shoots from 20-25m. Left foot at right side and the opposite with Ribery (RF; LS). Van Gaal lets the play like this just because of that.

2) Same again, but pass to Lahm. LB is alone against Robben/Lahm, so hard to defend. Gomez in the middle, a very tall player. Sometimes Müller is there too, but probably waits 16-20m in front of the goal.

3) Complicated and probably not possible to make but Bayern does it very often. Robben goes back, gets ball from Lahm. Lahm moves forward, pass to Müller in the middle. Robben sprints very fast towards corner flag, gets through pass from Müller & moves towards goal when he's got enough room.

# dont know if u can make this^^ but Bayern uses wings very often. Robben/Ribery like 1on1-situations, Ribery prefers tactic 1 and moves to the middle to shoot, sometimes tactic 2.
# want room at wings, so e.g. ball at the right side -> Gomez moves left
# DMs have the ball very often and pass outside.
# high defenders line. CBs near the middle of the field, thats why van Gaal wants defenders with good technique.
# no long/high balls. always short and fast.

dont know if it helps u. if u need more/something else, tell me;)

@ tobl, thats i have a good idea how Bayern play, just wasn't 100% sure, thanks a lot for your analysis it's great!

I watch a lot of Bundersliga and my secound team thanks to them winning me so much money in the 2008/09 season is Wolfsbrug! I know how they play etc.. I also seen a lot of Dortmund, Schalke and a lot of Mainz.

I know Mainz are a very attack minded side, but there's a lot of freedom to their play so I'm most likely like with most Bunderliga teams going to give them blank tactics so their individuals express themselves :)

Most if not all teams play with very high defensive lines compared to the preimership, La Liga, Serie A etc.. It's the Bundersliga's trademark. I knew Bayern liked to play good football, they are patient on the ball etc.. Shouldn't be an issue to get them to play like this in PES :)

Please man, post more Bundersliga :)

@ bluchampblogger thanks man, we needed a site to publish things on.

glad you like it ;)
and very right with Mainz, a lot of freedom is good. Coach is a 'game plan genius', the only characteristic thing is speed, pressing and .. i dont know the English word :D they change very fast from defense to offense. Good counter attacks because many players run forward then.
I see what I can do with other Bundesliga teams.

maybe help for u:
http://www.zonalmarking.net/

love this site.

Last edited:
The think that I hope these changed will add is the way a team plays when they have a lead
manchester united or arsenal plays with a high line when they are looking for the win but when the have to defend and sit back their defensive lines will drop and cocentrate on defending.

Do you guys experience that the management edit values do that?
change teams mindsets ?

Hey Klashmann, great work here.
I am wondering what patch you play with (I play with Pesfanatic) and I was hoping you would be able to post your option file so that we might all enjoy these tweaks.
Is it possible to import these settings with wilds editor into our own option file using the OF2 option?

The think that I hope these changed will add is the way a team plays when they have a lead
manchester united or arsenal plays with a high line when they are looking for the win but when the have to defend and sit back their defensive lines will drop and cocentrate on defending.

Do you guys experience that the management edit values do that?
change teams mindsets ?

Not really, it's all depends so much about who they are playing against!

Arsenal play a high line 24/7! They only time we EVER drop back is like against Chelsea or another strong team and it's best to defend our lead. Against average preimerleague teams and even agaisnt Spurs etc.. we just keep playing the same way.

United tend to do the same, they like to control games sand only sit back around the 80th or so minute!

Take Barca aswell, i don't think i've seen them recently every drop back and purely counter, they play the same way all the time! Just go forward in triangle passes. Yes when they are 5-0 they relax a bit but the counter game is very European thing, which Italian, French, Dutch and especially Russian teams love to employ.

also, this s my i need some help, my Apologies. Palermo apperently use a 3-4-3 system :CONFUSE:

Hi Klashman, fantastic work on here fair play!

Just a point that was raised earlier in the posts and which I'm still slightly confused about - do the tactics and formations and strategies etc all stay the same, or does the CPU change its tactics every game to different formations and strategies etc?

I hope not as these settings look fantastic, but if the CPU does change everything around then won't the changes for all the teams be pointless?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hi Klashman, fantastic work on here fair play!

Just a point that was raised earlier in the posts and which I'm still slightly confused about - do the tactics and formations and strategies etc all stay the same, or does the CPU change its tactics every game to different formations and strategies etc?

I hope not as these settings look fantastic, but if the CPU does change everything around then won't the changes for all the teams be pointless?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Yes man, they stay the same :) the CPU use them in all modes, they will tweak them after 60 minutes usually but they work very well, even in Master League the CPU persisits with them for long periods (as far as i know)

Is it also necessary to change the default strategy buttons to match the selected management edits? Is this not how the CPU changes strategies during the game?

Is it also necessary to change the default strategy buttons to match the selected management edits? Is this not how the CPU changes strategies during the game?

not really, i don't think the CPU use is, or i've never seen them use them

(you mean the on the fly ones when you press select)

Cool thread. I played three matches. One against Real, one against Barca and one against Inter with your tactics and formations. The results were very good. Only thing I'm worried about is the January transfer patch. I fear it will reset all the formation and tactics changes I make.

Back
Top Bottom