JustPES - All your PES/WE tactical discussions

Like PATe said, if an in-depth guideline to what each setting in PES does, then I'd be able to help replicate real life tactics.

I think what would help most at first would be a good guide to the theme by the people like klash who are into it the most, so other people who are intersted (there are surely not few) can contribute too.

Guide would be a overview about what the tactics exaclty do, I mean, KONAMI doesn't really tell it ;)

Ok, yeah i understand.

Bluchamp has given a good guide here though.
http://www.justpes.com/barcelona-tactical-values-for-team-style/

If you still need help I'll make one too, I'll try make it as brief as possible though so everyone can understand!

@ Cpt. how do they play these days? Do they keep the ball a lot like they used to, i haven't seen a lot of Atletico this season and I'm not 100 sure how to set them up. I just know they like to play with two inverted wingers who cut in, and their full backs love to get forward!

Do they still play a high line a lot? and do they counter a lot when ahead?

Last edited:
Has anybody checked out the Adjusted Settings A and B.
They are basically set up so you edit the team styles while leading and trailing.

You could essentially just put these Adjusted Settings in the Management Edit Values and it would perfect because than every team would have 3 different styles of playing and the strategies would improve the realistic gameplay that we all want.

You would have one strategy that is the one that every team starts out with.
A second(Adjusted Settings A)for when you need to defend a lead and a third(Adjusted Settings b)for when you need to attack.

Its very interesting and i suggest you guys check it out

be well

@ Cpt. how do they play these days? Do they keep the ball a lot like they used to, i haven't seen a lot of Atletico this season and I'm not 100 sure how to set them up. I just know they like to play with two inverted wingers who cut in, and their full backs love to get forward!

Yes they play many counterattacks and with 2 ZMF's Thiago and Raul Garcia.Wingers are Simao and Reyes.I need a better defense taktik for Atletico cause the defense wingeers are running al lot towards.
I prefer to play an 4-2-2-2 system but i need all the Tactical tricks that you have post in the screens.

Greetings Cpt.

Yes they play many counterattacks and with 2 ZMF's Thiago and Raul Garcia.Wingers are Simao and Reyes.I need a better defense taktik for Atletico cause the defense wingeers are running al lot towards.
I prefer to play an 4-2-2-2 system but i need all the Tactical tricks that you have post in the screens.

Greetings Cpt.

Thing is Simao has left for Besiktas so who's going to play on the left?

I Have this at the moment:

Player support: 6
Support Range: 8
Position Switch: 3
Attacking Style: 4
Pressing: 9
Defensive Line: 11
Compactiviness: 12

How did they play against Espanyol yesterday? same way?

I'd say maybe use this, and please feel free to tweak it to how you would feel would suit the team more :)

Last edited:
i watch la liga quite alot i know the teams pretty well

atletico i think well be hard to emulate cause they have a problem with form they can play a great game against a top team but then lose against a team from the lower table

now that simao has left they have started to play a 4-3-3
they use this formation against espanol in the copa del rey
with tiago, assancao and mario suares in the midfeld
and Reyes, Kun Aguero and Diego Costa(CF)playing upfront

Klash, how you come to think Ujfalusi plays that defensive? I didn't see that at all. Same for Felipe at the other side, it's not what they're playing imo, it's too extreme.

i watch la liga quite alot i know the teams pretty well

atletico i think well be hard to emulate cause they have a problem with form they can play a great game against a top team but then lose against a team from the lower table

now that simao has left they have started to play a 4-3-3
they use this formation against espanol in the copa del rey
with tiago, assancao and mario suares in the midfeld
and Reyes, Kun Aguero and Diego Costa(CF)playing upfront

Well they have two styles which what makes them hard to replicate (last season), at home the like to play possession football, away they tend to counter a lot!

Oh year, i heard Forlan was left on the bench, didn't see all the game though and i wasn't sure what their tactic was.

I could see them,possible from now on fully adopting that 4-3-3 with Reyes, Forlan and Aguero upfront together maybe.

Klash, how you come to think Ujfalusi plays that defensive? I didn't see that at all. Same for Felipe at the other side, it's not what they're playing imo, it's too extreme.

Ufalusi will still go forward just he's not as attack minded or talented as Felipe (very good player)

Felipe is very attack minded, remember enjoying watching him a Depor where he impressed me a lot. Ufalusi has spent the majority of his career at center back and is more about adding solidity to the unit rather than bombing down the flank.

Also don't worry about the formation looking lob sided and extreme, Felipe is still programmed to fall back and defend in the back four unit since he's designated as a LB. All it means is he will join almost every attack!

see this post here: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2156630&postcount=80

Ufalusi will still go forward just he's not as attack minded or talented as Felipe (very good player)

Felipe is very attack minded, remember enjoying watching him a Depor where he impressed me a lot. Ufalusi has spent the majority of his career at center back and is more about adding solidity to the unit rather than bombing down the flank.

No mate, Ujfalusi plays quite offensive, that's the point. You put him has CB on the right side which is rubbish. He plays a normal RB role.

Felipe however is too far up the pitch again, see you even moved the LB to the inside so he 'had room'. I'd put him back about 1/3 of the half.

Also don't worry about the formation looking lob sided and extreme, Felipe is still programmed to fall back and defend in the back four unit since he's designated as a LB. All it means is he will join almost every attack!

I know, but read above ;)

Ok, yeah i understand.

Bluchamp has given a good guide here though.
http://www.justpes.com/barcelona-tactical-values-for-team-style/

If you still need help I'll make one too, I'll try make it as brief as possible though so everyone can understand!
Interesting read but it still doesn't quite explain everything.

I'd like it if you could explain each setting in your own words. According to said article, the KONAMI descriptions are incorrect, so in your own words can you explain what each setting does & how a low, medium & high value affect the game. And I don't mean "high pressure means they opposition pressure more", I want to know how that affects shape, width, organisation etc.

We need to be singing of the same hymn sheet before other people can contribute.

No mate, Ujfalusi plays quite offensive, that's the point. You put him has CB on the right side which is rubbish.

Oh, i didn't mean that, thats just a mistake, i ment to put him in as a right buck but Konami fucking automatically switch it to center back every time i moved him a bit!

Anyway he's not more attack minded than someone like Ivanovic i'd say.

as for Felipe , cpt will make the tweaks he feels are suitable,. i said a few times before I'm no expert of Atletico's play especially this season as i haven't seem to much of them, I'm going heavily on previous season references!

Last edited:
Im interested in making teams like Villareal,Sevilla,Valencia,Atletico,Bilbao,Espanyol to be more competetive to Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Has anybody tried watching the cpu play against barca and real and seen what could be improved for the team I named above so Real and Barca dont win every game with 5-0 or 6-1 when playing League Mode

Interesting read but it still doesn't quite explain everything.

I'd like it if you could explain each setting in your own words. According to said article, the KONAMI descriptions are incorrect, so in your own words can you explain what each setting does & how a low, medium & high value affect the game. And I don't mean "high pressure means they opposition pressure more", I want to know how that affects shape, width, organisation etc.

We need to be singing of the same hymn sheet before other people can contribute.

Ok, let me see:

Player support:

So this basically this dictates how teammates move around the ball carrier, so it's correct in it's called player support, where it's confusing is offensive and defensive.

So values 1-6, what they do is make players provide options sideways and many backwards 'safe options' to the ball carrier. So with Barca for example, this is set to 0, so it makes Barca play a lot of safe, backwards, sideways passes, So overall it means, 'slow orientated build up'.

values 7-13 (balanced) Just means teams will attack normally and player on the ball as standard look for options ahead of them unless the player isn't in clear space, teammates won't always run ahead of the ball carrier.

values 14-20 means fast attacking, team mates always look to get ahead of the ball carrier and the team is encourages to look only for forward passes!

Support Range:

Support range shows how close the players stay to around the ball carrier, so values 1-6 mean the players keep close together, (Barcelona Arsenal) it's useful for short passing game, tiki taka etc..

7-13 is standard

14-20 means players spread away from the ball carrier, this is useful for teams that counter, and teams like Stoke etc.. for long balls, Long passing game hoofball etc..

Position Switch

Position switch dictate how much freedom players have to temporarily play in different designated positions or switch places with players in similar positions.

1-6 means player rarley if ever switch positions (tactically disciplined)

7-13 means players will now and gain switch with players in a similar position, so for example the left central midfielder and right central midfielder or two strikers will change the sides they are playing, same with centre backs even.

14-20 is similar to that above but If a player finds himself out of postion he will then take up the nearest position designated for a while, the drop back to his designated position.

So for example i a center back charges forward, if he ends up in midfield he will stay there for a bit,t hen move back, same with striker coming back to defend. It's built to give you the option to give your players the choice to swap around a bit in bid to confuse the opposition and say if a center back is getting the better of a striker, maybe swap for a secound with a winger and see if it confuses him.

Attacking Style:

Attacking style is quite important for player runs and general player movement when attacking.

1-6 means players will drift and congregate out in wide positions to support he ball carrier in making attacking moves out wide

7-13 (balanced) players will maintain their shape

14-20 players will congregate more in the middle, and wide men for example will come inside to offer support through the middle.

Pressing

Pressing is both how intense your team presses the oppositions ball carrier and also i've noticed a zonal element to this.

1-6 (loose) makes players stand off the ball carrier and the player will focus much more and working with his teammates as a unit.

7-13 players, won't actively close down the opposition, they will tend to hod shape unless the opposing ball carrier enter is, well 'zone' (Zonal marking) Maybe.

14-20 tight players will actively close down the opposition, 14-20 dictates how intense they move out of their formations shape to meet the ball carrier

Defensive Line:

Self explanatory really

1-6 Deep

7-13 Normal

14-20 High

Compactiviness:

This dictates how closely compacted your team is when closing in around the ball carrier

1-6 The team forms up as a unit very tightly in the center of the pitch

7-13 Normal

14-20 The team spreads out around the ball carrier.

Finally you should now that: 1-6 and 14-20 dictate how extreme you want your team style to be for each parameter so 14 is say relatively far from the ball carrier and 20 is very far etc..

7-13 Dictates you wan a balance but with a slight favor towards a parameter. So 7 or 8 would mean your players your players would move slightly out wide, and say 11 12 would make them move slightly towards the middle etc..

I hope you can all use this to create tactics for other teams :)

Last edited:
Klash,

Are these all going to make their way to a downloadable file at some stage? Is that the point?? If so I'd need to know which OF you're based on. Hopefully it's something which in turn was based on the WENB file so I don't have to copy all those files over again!

he cant set up working rates like fifa or arrows so i think it looks quite odd but he needs to simulate the players somehow, in the ways he can..

Ok I need some help here.

I am in the second season of ML with Blackburn Rovers, I have built an ok side with the likes of Malouda, Arda Turan, Alexis Sanchez and Hourau. However I cannot score goals, first 10 games I have drawn 7 (all 0-0) won 1 and lost 2. I have tried a variety of formations over the 2 seasons of ML but cannot get one that allows me to create chances on a regular basis. Defensively my formations seem to be fine.

My attacking players, particularly in midfield are very mobile and quick.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I need some help here.

I am in the second season of ML with Blackburn Rovers, I have built an ok side with the likes of Malouda, Arda Turan, Alexis Sanchez and Hourau. However I cannot score goals, first 10 games I have drawn 7 (all 0-0) won 1 and lost 2. I have tried a variety of formations over the 2 seasons of ML but cannot get one that allows me to create chances on a regular basis. Defensively my formations seem to be fine.

My attacking players, particularly in midfield are very mobile and quick.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so errm how many minuyes are you playing? 10, 15, 20? So just to see what types of matches your having

Also the strategies u have tried, are you creating chances with them or not? Do you think it's ur system or u finishing.

Ok so errm how many minuyes are you playing? 10, 15, 20? So just to see what types of matches your having

Also the strategies u have tried, are you creating chances with them or not? Do you think it's ur system or u finishing.

Thanks for the reply.

I am playing 15 minute matches. I have tried a few different formations (4-1-3-2, 4-4-2 and 3-5-2). To be honest I find it incredibly hard to create chances, normally have possession between 50-60% but probably create 2 or 3 chances in a game.

Any advice would be appreciated.

disable the dynamic tactic editor settings if u have no idea what they do, helps

try to play with the opponents masses, drag them out, play with them..
u need to create space first, no space no chances

oh, and take your time
:)

Klash, great work!

I've just got a quick question. In Management Settings why do you sometimes put the same tactic in both boxes at the same game time? So on some of them you'll have All Out Attack in both boxes between 75-90 mins. What does this actually do? I thought they follow what you put in both boxes so if you have All Out Attack in one then you wouldn't need it in the other.

Cheers in advance!

Klash, great work!

I've just got a quick question. In Management Settings why do you sometimes put the same tactic in both boxes at the same game time? So on some of them you'll have All Out Attack in both boxes between 75-90 mins. What does this actually do? I thought they follow what you put in both boxes so if you have All Out Attack in one then you wouldn't need it in the other.

Cheers in advance!

The top box is the primary tactic, the lower box is the secondary tactic. Depending on other variables, the team may switch from primary to secondary.

Leaving a box blank means the side will play with no tactic and just adapt to the opposition, so the purpose of filling both with All Out Attack in this instance is to guarantee that the team attacks all out and doesn't switch to having no tactic (the empty box).

Hey guys I'm new here but this thread caught my eye so I thought I would contribute.

I created the Barca in the latest thread and played them, over 20 mins as Ajax (my team) they are incredible, the game was a 2-2 draw with me chasing and harrassing them for the whole 90. Messi and Villa for them 2 wonderfully crafted goals. Suarez and Vertonghen for me, Suarez was a through ball and good finish and Vertonghen a header from a corner. Well done Klash sir, you have created a good Barca. Now to my point.

I think with this great tactical setup its only right the players should be correctly statted. The teamwork stat for example should be higher with the Barcelona players, because of the way they play. Also i think you have to give the ability cards to players for their role not as a skill (obviously excluding the 1 touch pass and dribbling skills etc).

I noticed you said something about the Pes Stats Database ruining a team, why do you think that?

Also Klash I would like to see your interpretation of Ajax using the classic Ajax style, which is as follows:

4-3-3

Sweeper Keeper

High back line, attacking SB's. The CB's should make room to pass the ball.

A DMF high energy and fierce tackling.

A CMF good passer, super fit kind of playmaker (but more like a wall to give and recieve quick passes).

An AMF good energy and passing ability likes to get behind the CF. A true no.10 in the Jari Litmanen mould (before his legs went)

2 real 'old school' style Wingers.

and a static style CF decent in the air and on the floor.

hope to see what you can come up with and please lets discuss the using of cards for player roles not individual skills.

Hi klashman, are you able to post up all the original/default tactic values for the EPL teams (values prior to using your edited ones). The reason for this is due to me applying all your suggestions to the EPL teams and now I'm winning every game and the computer AI has become pretty average. I play on 'top player' and since applying your suggested changes the AI seems to hold onto the ball too long and I'm finding it easy to steal the ball off the defenders and score. Another issue I have noticed is when the AI pushes forward it is now playing lots of poor passes that o am continually intercepting? Prior to making your suggested changes I would be really lucky to win by more then 2 or 3 goals... But now I'm winning by 7 goals? I think what you are doing on this thread is excellent and I am keen to assist with with feedback, what I would like to do is revert back to the default tactics but keep your suggested formations - and gradually apply new tactics and monitor the computer AI team by team. So yeah I am really hoping you might have record of the default tactics as I can't remember what they were and there is no 'default' option for the sliders/tactics. Maybe someone else who has not changed the tactics yet may be able to post them up? (fingers crossed)

I believe that you can revert everything related to tactics & formations back to default in edit mode (Edit team, Game plan, data management ...), team by team. Then simply redo the formations.

Hi klashman, are you able to post up all the original/default tactic values for the EPL teams (values prior to using your edited ones). The reason for this is due to me applying all your suggestions to the EPL teams and now I'm winning every game and the computer AI has become pretty average. I play on 'top player' and since applying your suggested changes the AI seems to hold onto the ball too long and I'm finding it easy to steal the ball off the defenders and score. Another issue I have noticed is when the AI pushes forward it is now playing lots of poor passes that o am continually intercepting? Prior to making your suggested changes I would be really lucky to win by more then 2 or 3 goals... But now I'm winning by 7 goals? I think what you are doing on this thread is excellent and I am keen to assist with with feedback, what I would like to do is revert back to the default tactics but keep your suggested formations - and gradually apply new tactics and monitor the computer AI team by team. So yeah I am really hoping you might have record of the default tactics as I can't remember what they were and there is no 'default' option for the sliders/tactics. Maybe someone else who has not changed the tactics yet may be able to post them up? (fingers crossed)

Ok, ok, well, to start who are you playing with firstly? and what teams have you beaten? How many minutes are you playing? Since it sounds like your playing 10 minute matches with Man United maybe.

Also please use Paragraphs, makes it easier to read your posts.

Ok, ok, well, to start who are you playing with firstly? and what teams have you beaten? How many minutes are you playing? Since it sounds like your playing 10 minute matches with Man United maybe.

Also please use Paragraphs, makes it easier to read your posts.
Klashman ur tactics are class

it helped me find my favourite Man utd
but i want to ask u from where can i get stat update for the players other than pesdatabase ?!!
any help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom