JustPES - All your PES/WE tactical discussions

No worries, I'm playing as Everton - 15min games and the teams I've played are fulham, Chelsea and arsenal.

I used to follow bluechamp back when he was editing FIFA tactics so I fully appreciate what you are doing on this thread and believe that there is huge potential for creating a much more realistic pes.

And thanks Zlac I shall check it out.

No worries, I'm playing as Everton - 15min games and the teams I've played are fulham, Chelsea and arsenal.

Don't understand that? I mean i tried 3 friendlies vs Arsenal and lost 3 times, i mean they are beatable but the issue is they are so hard to tackle, when your close them down and pressure them, they normal wip the ball away from you with a feint or something. I also always end up inuring Van Perise and Walcott

Hey guys I'm new here but this thread caught my eye so I thought I would contribute.

I created the Barca in the latest thread and played them, over 20 mins as Ajax (my team) they are incredible, the game was a 2-2 draw with me chasing and harrassing them for the whole 90. Messi and Villa for them 2 wonderfully crafted goals. Suarez and Vertonghen for me, Suarez was a through ball and good finish and Vertonghen a header from a corner. Well done Klash sir, you have created a good Barca. Now to my point.

I think with this great tactical setup its only right the players should be correctly statted. The teamwork stat for example should be higher with the Barcelona players, because of the way they play. Also i think you have to give the ability cards to players for their role not as a skill (obviously excluding the 1 touch pass and dribbling skills etc).

I noticed you said something about the Pes Stats Database ruining a team, why do you think that?

Every starter on Barca should have a teamwork value of 85 or higher. Same thing goes for a few of the subs. I wouldn't use all of the stats on the Pes Stats Database. Some are good and some are bad. I browse around from time to time, but that's it. Not worth it to post in any of threads since most of the discussions are comical.

Since this thread is for ALL our tactical discussions (or perhaps the site it plugs is...but anyway!) I was wondering how people would line up against this:

chilek.jpg

I faced it today in a really good MLO match. The players he used were mostly quite technical but small - Zarate and Piatti out wide, Tevez as AMF - so it was fairly faithful to this line-up.

Last edited:
A back three operates best against two forwards, so going with one forward (thereby creating a numerical advantage elsewhere) or three forwards (to deny them the spare man) could be a starting point.

A 4-1-4-1, perhaps? Gives you the spare man at the back (4 vs their 3 attackers). Your DM can pick up the Fernandez/AM to stop him creating, and yet still have the numerical advantage in midfield. And possibly extra width, depending on how narrow they play the Vidal/Millar equivalents.

Last edited:
imag0126a.jpg

The RB and LB don't stray too far forward and are (in theory) positioned well in the event of a counter attack or wing play.

The DM/CM will sit or put himself about and break up play. His partner CM will get forward when he can but will not forget his tactical duties (unlike Steven Gerrard).

In possession, the RM and LM drag out the flanking CB's, the AM/SS is the go to guy and the CF holds up the ball and brings others into play.

Width – 13
Pressing – 11
Attack style – 5/6
Compactness – 9/10
Defensive line – 11
Position switching - 0

Last edited:
I followed those basic principles nerf - 3 defenders vs 3 attackers, 4 at the back against their 3 with a defensive mid covering the AM. It did mean he could build from the DM slot though. A 4 man midfield might stop that, I'd need to have a think about whether to get them attacking through the middle rather than down the flanks where the wingbacks might get back in time.

I tried to line up as Brazil did when they beat Chile 3-0 (which is also my usual setup):

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1498/brazilchile.jpg[/I]

It worked quite well but I didn't score and my SS wasn't the sort to track back and stop the DM building.

I followed those basic principles nerf - 3 defenders vs 3 attackers, 4 at the back against their 3 with a defensive mid covering the AM. It did mean he could build from the DM slot though. A 4 man midfield might stop that, I'd need to have a think about whether to get them attacking through the middle rather than down the flanks where the wingbacks might get back in time.

I tried to line up as Brazil did when they beat Chile 3-0 (which is also my usual setup):

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1498/brazilchile.jpg[/I]

It worked quite well but I didn't score and my SS wasn't the sort to track back and stop the DM building.[/quote]

Hmm what i would do is that Chile formation (Napoli also use it) is try a 4-1-4-1 or probably a lob sided 4-2-2-2 with like Brazil, say Robinho being classed as a forward and the other two midfielders behind him. You like Tobi said don't want your full backs forward too much but with Two DM's you wan to try and get them to play infront of you.

One thing i've noticed with Chile they seemed to only really be beaten but teams significantly more talented and better than them (why they finished 2nd in South American qualifiers) Hence they overpowered them (Brazil, Spain etc...) So it's hard to play against.

its hard to play against them coz they have a lot of players that can play several positions, one example is isla

so if one guy in the offense kinda loose his position(whyever) some guy behind will fill the hole or run into his space and stuff like that
best seen in their defence, it feels organic and as a whole their defence

i like teams like that
its bad to have players only for their position, looks bad plays bad is booring :p

Last edited:
Every starter on Barca should have a teamwork value of 85 or higher. Same thing goes for a few of the subs. I wouldn't use all of the stats on the Pes Stats Database. Some are good and some are bad. I browse around from time to time, but that's it. Not worth it to post in any of threads since most of the discussions are comical.

Is there any other stats sites i can look at?

PSD overrates alot of players especially EPL and some are grossly underrated. I'm going through my whole game trying to make it super realistic and obviously increase playing life so, if you know of any other stats sites please, do tell.

Since this thread is for ALL our tactical discussions (or perhaps the site it plugs is...but anyway!) I was wondering how people would line up against this:

chilek.jpg

I faced it today in a really good MLO match. The players he used were mostly quite technical but small - Zarate and Piatti out wide, Tevez as AMF - so it was fairly faithful to this line-up.

4-3-3 should do the business against this setup if you're a good player. You'll win a draw a lot more than you'll lose.

Don't think it's as easy as that tbh - Chile have done seriously well on the strength of that setup.

Yes, it's a very, very dynamic formation and it's hard to really man mark players! Since they move about and make late runs etc...

Requires a shitload of discipline defensively though and requires the players to know EXACTLY what they are doing!

Part of Chile's success was due to Bielsa combining that system with intense pressing. It's a shape that lends itself well to applying pressure high up the pitch, not one that is ideal for sitting back and containing. If your opponent is following that as well, I'm guessing that early balls out to your wingers might be a potential release valve, and having the extra/spare central midfielder would help in keeping possession too.

Yes, it's a very, very dynamic formation and it's hard to really man mark players! Since they move about and make late runs etc...

Requires a shitload of discipline defensively though and requires the players to know EXACTLY what they are doing!

Tell me about it. I came up against this formation last night in a PEEL friendly and really struggled to cope with it. Especially with the tight, narrow formation I usually adopt. It's the first time ever I have had to alter my own formation to adjust. Usually, I play my game, and that is usually enough. Last night it certainly wasnt. :(

Didn't you manage Liverpool recently Jim?

I tend to muck about with my sliders more than anything, though I do shift players aroundslightly to make them more likely to pick up a certain player or more likely to roam forward. I don't know what it is about Sessegnon but he seems to take his attacking mentality more seriously than anyone else, wherever I put him.

I'm looking forward to next time I face it. Will try and get creative and asymmetric on it's ass.

and please tell me one more thing??

if i delete all manager edit settings from teams you didnt edite,will it be ok if dont have any??

somebody posted early that this way gives tham at least more freedom...without long balls etc...???

thank you klash

i just saw your post on other topic...you maybe have generic tactict fall smaller teams???

Yeah, I'll put some stuff up when i have more time later. I mean really a set of about 10 generic tactics which makes certain teams play possession, long ball, defensive etc.. :)

Please try some experiments yourself and post them here. In fact everyone please do this :)

Klash,

as I know that you're a fan of Arsenal, would you advise me what tactics you playing offline? Against human?

Arsenal (works but this will be updated a lot!)

Use any one of 3

Set all to this:

Player support: 3
Support Range: 1
Position Switch: 16
Attacking Style: 19
Pressing: 15
Defensive Line: 18
Compactiviness: 5

Unsure if i should add anything else to Arsenal's tactics..

Hi Klash!

I would like to ask you to describe the arsenal settings because pictures are not too clear.
Is the song is DMF or CMF?
Van Persie SS or CF

And the main question again. Do you use this setting and tactics when you play as a Arsenal? Also against the buddies?
I have not played too many matches this setting, I'll try today, but I am afraid that the defensive line is too high for a game against my buddies:)

Cheers. Today i will set up all my premiership teams and will start new league. I will post my opinion soon..

Back
Top Bottom