AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread > CAMPIONI D'ITALIA!

just for example...

-------------- ? ---------------

? --- Silva ---- Mexes --- Taiwo

----------- Van Bommel ---------

--- Boateng --------- Cassano --

----- Pato --------- Robinho ---

---------- Ibrahimovic ---------

:...

Haha - too attacking! I'd like this:

---------------Abbiati------------------
Abate-------Silva------Mexes(Nesta)---Taiwo
--------------------------------------
--------------Van Bommel---------------
------Flamini-------------Boateng--------
---------Pato-------------Ganso------
---------------Ibrahimovic--------------

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign some big name in midfield.

------------- Abbiati --------------

Abate --- Silva ---- Mexes --- Taiwo

--- Boateng --------- Van Bommel ---

--- Hulk ---- Ganso ---- Robinho ---

----------- Ibrahimovic ------------

This. :COOL:

van Bommel was only given a short 6-month contract when signed in January, no? Have they extended it. They probably will even if haven't already. He's not getting any younger but he's still quality and adds so much to the team as he already showed since joining mid-season.

just for example...

-------------- ? ---------------

? --- Silva ---- Mexes --- Taiwo

----------- Van Bommel ---------

--- Boateng --------- Cassano --

----- Pato --------- Robinho ---

---------- Ibrahimovic ---------

:...

Right back will be Abate after such a great season and Cassano would never play in central midfield. He'd be competing for a place with Robinho/Pato as one of the second forwards.

I'd put Ganso in there if they sign him as the play-maker with Boateng doing the box-to-box and crazy running and van Bommel being the DMF. IF they don't, I'd put Flamini or Ambrosini/Gattuso (Assuming both stay) in that position where you put Cassano.

I heard about recruiting a world-class goal keeper lately, do you have news about that ?

Abbiati will definitely be our goalie next year, Galliani was talking about ti after the celebrations. Marchetti will most likely be signed as his back up. Anyone see the Gattuso video I posted in the Serie A thread? :D

Not sure Van Bommel can really do it at the top level in the heart of your midfield.

---------Abbiati----------
Abate-Silva--Nesta---Taiwo
----Flamin-Van Bommel--
--------------Prince
-------Ganso/Cassano------
-----Ibra----------

I think he can handle it. He's been playing for top European sides at a very high level. His game doesn't rely on pace either. He was the heart of Hiddink's famous PSV side and was a in the CL finalist Bayern team last season.

He has completely changed our midfield. Also, Pato and Robinho far ahead of Cassano!

No, he's vastly improved and now can rightly call himself Milan's #1 RB. He really earned it. I wasn't sure about him before. He's getting better and better. Nothing special still but definitely good enough now.

Abate should be given jersey #2 as he is the only one who deserved it in the past 5 years. What a huge improvement. Definitely Serie A's best right back this season.

About van Bommel, I don't think he is our primary reliance in midfield. As I said, Milan will sign a great player in midfield.

Probably the most improved player in the whole league! Along with Prince Boateng. These 2 have made GIANT steps forward over the last 12 months! Incredibly really! They must be really proud of themselves. Went from mediocre to world-class over about 18 months!

About MvB, I think he's still good enough anyway. Maybe not to play 38 matches full 90 mins but like you said, it's not like Milan need him to do that anyway.

Wow, has Abate really improved that much this season?

Fair enough, I'll take your lot's word for it since I've undoubtably seen Milan less this season.

But I have been impressed with the elevation of Boateng, he's certainly played a bigger role this season for Milan than what I was expecting i.e. a bit-part player on the fringes of the first team.

Reason I had Cassano or Ganso is because I think their much more creative than Pato or Robinho, If you get Ganso it'll most probably be him their though.

lmao. I just came here to post that video.
Great stuff.

This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content.

Looks like Cagliari want Amelia, and Milan want their Marchetti

-------------------Abbiati-----------------
---Abate-----T.Silva----Nesta-----Taiwo----
------------------V.Bommel-----------------
----------Boateng------------Hamsik--------
--------------------Ganso------------------
------------Pato------------Ibra-----------

And Hamsik won't leave, I really don't see it. Also, Ganso can't join unless Serie A changes the rules. Taiwo is our 1 non-EU player.

Champions of Italy AND The winners of Supercup. Congratulations on winning all the fans of Milan, it was a great match and win in him is particularly valuable, well done! :COOL:

Thanks mate! Still Seedorf can be one hell of a player when he wants to. Milan still lack that creative mind in midfield though.

Atmosphere looked awesome in the stadium. Like a WC cup final or something.

Thanks mate! Still Seedorf can be one hell of a player when he wants to. Milan still lack that creative mind in midfield though.

Atmosphere looked awesome in the stadium. Like a WC cup final or something.
Yes, even if we consider that the Italians at the stadium was no more than 200-300 people, and the rest Chinese. Now it is clear that China is very fond of Italian football if a stadium is filled to capacity. :P

Btw, as I understand it, the next Italian Super Cup will be held in Shanghai? :)

Champions of Italy AND The winners of Supercup. Congratulations on winning all the fans of Milan, it was a great match and win in him is particularly valuable, well done! :COOL:

thanks mate we deserve to win the Supercup! :)

look this fantastic atmosphere! :)

120444153.jpg

120444149.jpg

120444147.jpg

120444145.jpg

120444131.jpg

120444129.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqOM58xT9zY&feature=player_embedded#at=83

YouTube - Ac Milan Vs Inter Milan 2-1 Full Match Highlights And Goals 6-8-2011

CAMPIONI D' SUPERCOPA!!! ANDIAMOOOO A.C. MILAN!!!
MIA AMORE E PASSIONE E TUTTA LA VITAA!!!

Last edited:

Yes, even if we consider that the Italians at the stadium was no more than 200-300 people, and the rest Chinese. Now it is clear that China is very fond of Italian football if a stadium is filled to capacity. :P

Btw, as I understand it, the next Italian Super Cup will be held in Shanghai? :)

If I am not mistaken, Serie A was the first European or foreign league to be broadcasted in China in the late 80s.

Yeah, Chinese people are really passionate about Italian football it seems. There was a video posted on youtube of a Chinese Milan fan beaten up by Chinese Inter fans for refusing to take of the Milan jersey days before the Super Cup game. What commitment. :P

I have no idea if it is going to be played in Shanghai but surely it will be in China for the next 4-5 years.

look this fantastic atmosphere! :)
Yes, that's great, I've seen it all, as watching the match live. :SMUG:

Yeah, Chinese people are really passionate about Italian football it seems. There was a video posted on youtube of a Chinese Milan fan beaten up by Chinese Inter fans for refusing to take of the Milan jersey days before the Super Cup game. What commitment. :P
Aaa ... yes, I heard about it. This seems to happen due to the fact that in training of Inter was seen fan in T-shirt of Milan and Inter Chinese fans did not like it and they decided to teach him a lesson, it really indicates a high interest in the Italian Football in China. :P

They say that if a one T-shirt of Milan sell at every resident of China for at least for 10 euros, then the budget of Milan will overtake Manchester City and Chelsea put together, well, why not. :D

Last edited:

Here we go:

Ins: Mexes, Taiwo, Aquilani, Nocerino, El Shaarawy
Outs: Pirlo, Jankulovski, Papasdropolos, Vila, Oddo, Merkel, Strasser, Paloschi, Onyewho

Let the results decide.

So who's going to link the midfield to the Strikers? Cassano? I remember last year against Spurs you had Robinho given this role which shocked me, he's a great dribbler but never someone with the best decision making and got the cool head to do that type of role.

Back
Top Bottom