Anth's 23 Mods // Gameplay v6.0 Released

This is slowly becoming the perfect game. Huge amount of progress made getting there. @Anth James please provide some sort of support/donation link so we could show the appreciation for such a time consuming task.

As for the review of this new update. All of the good from the previous 2 reviews I made are still retained(which is great). These are additional to that.

Good:
- Perfect speed difference between fast and slow players.
- Perfect first touch difference between a player with high ball control and a player with low ball control without losing that randomness and risk.
- Perfect sprint touch. There is an error for sprinting mindless regardless of the player you sprint with. However it's worse with a player that has bad ball control.
- Perfect CPU dribbling. CPU dribble as much as they should and it's not mindless. They are either waiting for support or waiting for holes in your defense.
- Perfect CPU posession based tactics adhesion. CPU now adhere to possession based tactics more and teams like Man City, Barca, Arsenal averages around 60-64% possession.
- Perfect marking system which based on the player's marking ability improves the player at positioning themselves properly and covering all holes.
- Very good aggression system. Players doesn't give up easily after they lose the ball and try to fight it to get back.
- Very good shot error. It matters a lot who you shoot with. When you try to score with a defender, they will sky it. No longer they can always volley it to goal.
- Very good amount of pass variation by the CPU AI(long passes, crosses, through passes, etc)

Neutral:
- Goalkeeper regardless of their ability seems to constantly stop clear cut chances.

Bad:
- Bad CPU controlled defenders seems to still be able to predict my next dribbling move too accurately almost all the time and make perfect tackles.
- Strength stat doesn't seem to determine physical outcome and hold up play.
- Finesse shot doesn't seem to be working well for me. Maybe they have been nerfed a bit too much?
- Interception ability doesn't seem to have much impact. Teams that are generally much worse seems to be able to intercept a lot of passes from good teams.

Yeah that sprint feature is genius, I didn't know what to expect but definitely makes me think about when or when not to use it. Also, I really like that midfield is more congested, you managed to make this game way less end-to-end and that is an achievement in itself, definitely a solid base you have here, hats off to you mate!

V3.0 is the best gameplay mod ever tested in fifa23 since day 1.congrats and continue in this project! Thanks..sorry i run play game finally lol

This is slowly becoming the perfect game. Huge amount of progress made getting there. @Anth James please provide some sort of support/donation link so we could show the appreciation for such a time consuming task.

As for the review of this new update. All of the good from the previous 2 reviews I made are still retained(which is great). These are additional to that.

Good:
- Perfect speed difference between fast and slow players.
- Perfect first touch difference between a player with high ball control and a player with low ball control without losing that randomness and risk.
- Perfect sprint touch. There is an error for sprinting mindless regardless of the player you sprint with. However it's worse with a player that has bad ball control.
- Perfect CPU dribbling. CPU dribble as much as they should and it's not mindless. They are either waiting for support or waiting for holes in your defense.
- Perfect CPU posession based tactics adhesion. CPU now adhere to possession based tactics more and teams like Man City, Barca, Arsenal averages around 60-64% possession.
- Perfect marking system which based on the player's marking ability improves the player at positioning themselves properly and covering all holes.
- Very good aggression system. Players doesn't give up easily after they lose the ball and try to fight it to get back.
- Very good shot error. It matters a lot who you shoot with. When you try to score with a defender, they will sky it. No longer they can always volley it to goal.
- Very good amount of pass variation by the CPU AI(long passes, crosses, through passes, etc)

Neutral:
- Goalkeeper regardless of their ability seems to constantly stop clear cut chances.

Bad:
- Bad CPU controlled defenders seems to still be able to predict my next dribbling move too accurately almost all the time and make perfect tackles.
- Strength stat doesn't seem to determine physical outcome and hold up play.
- Finesse shot doesn't seem to be working well for me. Maybe they have been nerfed a bit too much?
- Interception ability doesn't seem to have much impact. Teams that are generally much worse seems to be able to intercept a lot of passes from good teams.

Yeah that sprint feature is genius, I didn't know what to expect but definitely makes me think about when or when not to use it. Also, I really like that midfield is more congested, you managed to make this game way less end-to-end and that is an achievement in itself, definitely a solid base you have here, hats off to you mate!

V3.0 is the best gameplay mod ever tested in fifa23 since day 1.congrats and continue in this project! Thanks..sorry i run play game finally lol
Thanks so much for the feedback guys, really happy that you're enjoying it and finding some of the details!

@rammeal This is exactly what I wanted to hear - and probably the biggest thing I wanted from the mod!

@Topaz Did you find a difference in GKs at all? I did something which was a bit experimental in theory, but it seemed to be making a difference for me. I might need to make it more pronounced still.

I'll have a look at finesse shots and rebalance those, easy done.

Regarding strength, tackling and interceptions, I've done a few things to lift the general overall abilities of those for certain reasons. Interceptions is a very easy fix, but I find in general there's not enough interceptions on 23 by default and you could too easily play the ball through. On something like FIFA 16, the ball is cut out a lot more and it makes you have to pick your passes instead of playing through the lines so easily.

Tackling/strength, I personally quite like not being able to beat defenders very easily, even if they're low rated I feel they should still be a physical deterrent on some level. I re-balanced it and did quite a bit of testing with good players going up against bad tacklers and I found that I was definitely able to get by them quite often, but I still had to be mindful of them. I'll take a look though as I have an idea of how I can balance some of this out, especially regarding strength.

In general, if you're playing as a good team v another good team how are we all finding the difficulty? I feel now that the base is solid I can quite easily adjust a few simple things to make the game more or less difficult. I might release a couple of options depending on how we're finding it.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the feedback guys, really happy that you're enjoying it and finding some of the details!

@rammeal This is exactly what I wanted to hear - and probably the biggest thing I wanted from the mod!

@Topaz Did you find a difference in GKs at all? I did something which was a bit experimental in theory, but it seemed to be making a difference for me. I might need to make it more pronounced still.

I'll have a look at finesse shots and rebalance those, easy done.

Regarding strength, tackling and interceptions, I've done a few things to lift the general overall abilities of those for certain reasons. Interceptions is a very easy fix, but I find in general there's not enough interceptions on 23 by default and you could too easily play the ball through. On something like FIFA 16, the ball is cut out a lot more and it makes you have to pick your passes instead of playing through the lines so easily.

Tackling/strength, I personally quite like not being able to beat defenders very easily, even if they're low rated I feel they should still be a physical deterrent on some level. I re-balanced it and did quite a bit of testing with good players going up against bad tacklers and I found that I was definitely able to get by them quite often, but I still had to be mindful of them. I'll take a look though as I have an idea of how I can balance some of this out, especially regarding strength.

In general, if you're playing as a good team v another good team how are we all finding the difficulty? I feel now that the base is solid I can quite easily adjust a few simple things to make the game more or less difficult. I might release a couple of options depending on how we're finding it.

The game is finally as hard as it should be. Playing Chelsea vs Man City was amazing and I can't wait to try out playing a UCL campaign. I do agree with you that is is hard to balance tackling and strength ability. It's a very thin line. Either you always beat an awful defender(which is not realistic) or you can never get past an awful defender with a brilliant dribbler(which is also not realistic).

Also interestingly, most of my matches ended up being 0-0(like around 6 in a row) so I had to increase the time from 5 mins halves to 7 mins halves. People who enjoy a long match will definitely enjoy this mod.

The game is finally as hard as it should be. Playing Chelsea vs Man City was amazing and I can't wait to try out playing a UCL campaign. I do agree with you that is is hard to balance tackling and strength ability. It's a very thin line. Either you always beat an awful defender(which is not realistic) or you can never get past an awful defender with a brilliant dribbler(which is also not realistic).

Also interestingly, most of my matches ended up being 0-0(like around 6 in a row) so I had to increase the time from 5 mins halves to 7 mins halves. People who enjoy a long match will definitely enjoy this mod.
Great to hear it's difficult. Yeah I play on 10 min halves and I find that's a good amount with this.

Im used to playing world class so legendary is a bit too hard for me, but, your 3.0 is the best gameplay ive tried, its so so good! an immense improvement from the previous versions.

I love the teams now playing around in middlefield like irl, you dont see that in fifa. I also suggest if possible, to make more head battles in the midfield, like irl theres alot of passes with headers

Did you make the players faster tho? It seems so

Thank you so much for the gameplay :APPLAUD:

Im used to playing world class so legendary is a bit too hard for me, but, your 3.0 is the best gameplay ive tried, its so so good! an immense improvement from the previous versions.

I love the teams now playing around in middlefield like irl, you dont see that in fifa. I also suggest if possible, to make more head battles in the midfield, like irl theres alot of passes with headers

Did you make the players faster tho? It seems so

Thank you so much for the gameplay :APPLAUD:
Thank-you man, really good to hear. I haven’t touched players speed. If anything the movement should be a touch slower in this update. Is it a live tuning update that’s installed possibly?

Thank-you man, really good to hear. I haven’t touched players speed. If anything the movement should be a touch slower in this update. Is it a live tuning update that’s installed possibly?
I always have fifa connection blocked in the firewall, so i can even have ea app online and it wont use live updates (i still put it offline so it doesnt update FIFA)

Maybe its just me then, but dont worry, gameplay is great :)

I always have fifa connection blocked in the firewall, so i can even have ea app online and it wont use live updates (i still put it offline so it doesnt update FIFA)

Maybe its just me then, but dont worry, gameplay is great :)

You can manually remove any LiveTuning update by removing the "Temp" folder found in the %localappdata%.

Man... im PES player, i could not finish even one single game on ps5, build up was terrible and totaly ice skating. You made something special here. Its challenging, perfect tempo, no ice skating. Its addicting!!! deep gameplay. Its so fun. No words. Cant stop playting

Overall V3 is a big step forward but i am not a friend of this wide ball jumping when starting to boost/springt (double tap).
Its good, it brings really much randomness into the game but i think the ball jumps a little bit much far away from the foot

You can manually remove any LiveTuning update by removing the "Temp" folder found in the %localappdata%.
its the safest way not to get update?

\AppData\Local\Temp\ and delete fifa 23 yes?

Last edited:
Man... im PES player, i could not finish even one single game on ps5, build up was terrible and totaly ice skating. You made something special here. It’s challenging, perfect tempo, no ice skating. Its addicting!!! deep gameplay. It’s so fun. No words. Cant stop playting
Love this man, great to hear! I couldn’t get through a game either on release.

Overall V3 is a big step forward but i am not a friend of this wide ball jumping when starting to boost/springt (double tap).
Its good, it brings really much randomness into the game but i think the ball jumps a little bit much far away from the foot
I wouldn’t be double tapping outside of very, very rare occasions where you have acres of space to run into. The idea with this is to really pick the moments where you sprint at all (not even double tapping). You have to time it correctly.

*RELEASE v3.1*

This is a tiny, tiny update only guys. I was finding simple lobbed balls a little too difficult to play, regardless of the player. I've just tweaked this slightly. That's the only change for now.

More updates to come, but I'm wanting to keep the base and only adjust things that I'm sure of.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/9cFmGITR#nP-_uQpDwBZ5TuZAxdLn7N-xBxVCuEZpND3uXUWvNms

Last edited:
Lobbed balls are perfect now 👌
Brilliant idea with a "sprint". Looseness of the ball becomes even more pronounced, which creates randomness, physicality and unpredictability.

*RELEASE - v3.0*

This is the biggest update so far. Loads of changes relating to player/team/context differentiation as well as lots of other small tweaks and adjustments. These differences should be noticed on different players/teams right through - from the very best, to mid, to the lowest teams. In my time testing they create for matches that play out very differently from each other with different styles needed depending on who you're up against. There's a lot to balance here and I've done the best I can for now, but I'm sure there will be some refining as we go.

I've worked a lot on balancing out some of the other issues and adding some nice new things as well. Overall it should be a much deeper experience now, while still keeping the idea I had for the mod.

I won't list everything but I hope you enjoy! If you give it a go, try playing a few games with some different rated teams. In regards to that first touch - I've tweaked it and you can be much more effective with better players, but you still have to think about when you decide to push that sprint button. It's a risk/reward/stylistic system by design.

As I always say, it's still a work in progress of course, it's not perfect - but I'm happy with this as a building block.

Hope you enjoy - and feedback welcomed!

Download: https://mega.nz/file/JdElGaZA#PmxeuuW5Gji4Sxkx1KSGos6Lu2oZ4scB7xuwvl_ThPk

„Whats the name of this football game?!“
…an EA staff member when seeing your mod and reshade videos!
💪

Hello!
First of all, thank you very much for the MOD. You are on your way to making the best FIFA ever.

My small contribution to the feedback:
- It would make the fatigue a little more pronounced, not much, just a little more.
- The tempo I think that when the action speeds up it becomes too FIFA... Although I think it's very good, I would slow down a little.

For the rest, I think your work is sublime. Congratulations.

PS.- Would there be an option for this gameplay to be applied to the Volta gameplay files as well? I love futsal and the defense doesn't defend anything in Volta...

Thanks for everything!

Lobbed balls are perfect now 👌
Brilliant idea with a "sprint". Looseness of the ball becomes even more pronounced, which creates randomness, physicality and unpredictability.
Thank you man!
Hello!
First of all, thank you very much for the MOD. You are on your way to making the best FIFA ever.

My small contribution to the feedback:
- It would make the fatigue a little more pronounced, not much, just a little more.
- The tempo I think that when the action speeds up it becomes too FIFA... Although I think it's very good, I would slow down a little.

For the rest, I think your work is sublime. Congratulations.

PS.- Would there be an option for this gameplay to be applied to the Volta gameplay files as well? I love futsal and the defense doesn't defend anything in Volta...

Thanks for everything!
Thanks for the feedback! I'll have a look into both aspects.
Your mod makes fifa a totally different game, there is no possible comparasion.
Wow, really appreciate that man, so nice to hear!

Back
Top Bottom