Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

A little bit of footage with the ball being much more alive now. It's a bit of a chaotic sequence, but shows it well. It's also from a replay, so don't worry about the speed being a little fast.

In the second part of the clip, it's such a simple thing that shouldn't even have to be brought BACK in, but you'll see the ball deflect off the defender from a normal ground pass. It doesn't stick to his boot! I'm still working on this, but trying to bring in much more realistic behaviour of the ball wherever I can.

A little bit of footage with the ball being much more alive now. It's a bit of a chaotic sequence, but shows it well. It's also from a replay, so don't worry about the speed being a little fast.

In the second part of the clip, it's such a simple thing that shouldn't even have to be brought BACK in, but you'll see the ball deflect off the defender from a normal ground pass. It doesn't stick to his boot! I'm still working on this, but trying to bring in much more realistic behaviour of the ball wherever I can.

Does the CPU AI still function and behave properly with these changes?

Does the CPU AI still function and behave properly with these changes?
Yeah so far, so good. There's room for improvement but nothing is breaking down. I haven't got to their method of play yet, but I haven't run into CB jockey or seen any drop off in aggression etc.

I know I keep banging on about the contextual defensive positioning, but it really makes such a difference in terms of bringing our more variety in the gameplay. If you pair this with the changes so you can't just dribble beyond defenders whenever you like, then you have so much more variety to patterns of play, because the positioning is based on the ball and not on straight and rigid lines.

Yeah so far, so good. There's room for improvement but nothing is breaking down. I haven't got to their method of play yet, but I haven't run into CB jockey or seen any drop off in aggression etc.

I know I keep banging on about the contextual defensive positioning, but it really makes such a difference in terms of bringing our more variety in the gameplay. If you pair this with the changes so you can't just dribble beyond defenders whenever you like, then you have so much more variety to patterns of play, because the positioning is based on the ball and not on straight and rigid lines.
Positioning based around ball is a very powerful feature. Something PES 2021 lacks.

Looks greate man! Waiting for realese your mod!!

saving my last 2 hours of trial for that mod 🤣🙅🦸

IMG_2577.gif

Amazing job so far mate!! 💪

After trying a variety of mods for Pes21 which I really like , I want to give it a try to Ea FC 24 and after searching this forum I came here in your thread and all I can say is that I'm really impressed so far with your work , I see that super fast pace and that skating feel that default game is all about is not present and I really can't wait to try it , also if it's possible it will be really helpful to give some installation instructions since I really have no clue how to add a FIFA mod , thank you !

Dear God, EA. Look what you could do with this game, but you purposefully speed it up x5 and simplify every interaction for the purposes of "fun".

Please give us the tools to do this without having to resort to mods (and modders, who have to give up their time to make a football game play like a football game).

Noticed after the Title Update the gameplay is way faster (reminds me of ever fifa ever after release) even with sliders so this gameplay is needed to save the day :((

Noticed after the Title Update the gameplay is way faster (reminds me of ever fifa ever after release) even with sliders so this gameplay is needed to save the day :((
I thought about this disaster this morning, the speed has increased enormously!!!!! EA ABUSED!

I thought about this disaster this morning, the speed has increased enormously!!!!! EA ABUSED!
For real, i was playing with slow sliders having fun and now everyone passes rockets and sprints like Bolt even when sliders are adjusted and ingame speed is slow, it's ridiculous, EA Ultimate Team FC 24 as always

Dear God, EA. Look what you could do with this game, but you purposefully speed it up x5 and simplify every interaction for the purposes of "fun".

Please give us the tools to do this without having to resort to mods (and modders, who have to give up their time to make a football game play like a football game).
Thank you for the 47 acc and 2 sprint sliders recommendation, went from slow mode to normal mode with these sliders and it feels like the players actually have time to play not ping pong, so thank you!

Hi, no one has noticed that it is easier to play away than at home.
Are there some lines to change to have "advantage home" or or at least that its so easy to play away than home?
thank you

Oh I like that ball bounce at 0:25 min! Seems you are on the right trace to get rid off the magnetic feets and balls. Nice one! The header combo in the middle have truly some entertaining flavor. Had the feeling to watch another 5 minutes just for following the ball and what he do next would be nice. :APPLAUD:Just great to see you progress that fast.

Will it be slow pace, normal pace, no sliders, sliders, referee default, etc? Looking forward to it alot. Thanks

Will it be slow pace, normal pace, no sliders, sliders, referee default, etc? Looking forward to it alot. Thanks
You’ll need to play it on Normal speed for the mod to work. Changing the pace to slow will actually disengage a lot of values and make the game much, much faster. I hope everyone reads this and remembers when they play.

No sliders will be needed. I won’t be touching fouls for a while, so no need to worry about that for now.

I’ll have more details soon! The mod will be released in stages or everyone will be waiting months. V1 will be a focus on fundamentals (movement, ball behaviour etc). I know a lot of people are waiting for it and I want to release as soon as possible, but doing it properly requires a very fine balance, so it’s going to take some time and I don’t want to release it half baked. The fundamentals alone can make a much bigger difference than in years prior, as once a lot of these are corrected it has a real impact on the gameplay and the avenue to goal.

Last edited:
those fundamentals you mentioned
You’ll need to play it on Normal speed for the mod to work. Changing the pace to slow will actually disengage a lot of values and make the game much, much faster. I hope everyone reads this and remembers when they play.

No sliders will be needed. I won’t be touching fouls for a while, so no need to worry about that for now.

I’ll have more details soon! The mod will be released in stages or everyone will be waiting months. V1 will be a focus on fundamentals (movement, ball behaviour etc). I know a lot of people are waiting for it and I want to release as soon as possible, but doing it properly requires a very fine balance, so it’s going to take some time and I don’t want to release it half baked. The fundamentals alone can make a much bigger difference than in years prior, as once a lot of these are corrected it has a real impact on the gameplay and the avenue to goal.
those fundamentals you mentioned are the ones that completely changes the game , i cant stand that ice-skating feel everytime i move the player, its so unrealistic and ruins the game, i really cant wait for your mod.

those fundamentals you mentioned

those fundamentals you mentioned are the ones that completely changes the game , i cant stand that ice-skating feel everytime i move the player, its so unrealistic and ruins the game, i really cant wait for your mod.
the ice skating aint this bad this year at least last week when i played

Agree, people complain about the unfinished game but want an unfinished mod, @Paul-v mod is great too until Anth shows his work.
Next on my list for tomorrow: Testing Paul´s new gp mod release. Saw a lot of positive feedback. Especially I am curious about the comeback of the crosses. Was so amazing in my 10 h trial Phase before EA removed it. Just look in real Matches how many crosses came in 90+ minutes. Everlasting topic initialised by EA...

Back
Top Bottom