Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

@Anth James Hey mate, well done with V20.

I'm curious if you have one or two personal favourite changes/improvements that you've been able to implement this time around?

Bonus point question: what's the trickiest or most migraine-inducing aspect of FIFA's gameplay to tinker with? As someone who spent the best part of 10 years on console simply trying to achieve the most menial of things like getting the AI to remember what a cross is, and eradicate the broken toe epidemic at every club I was at, I can't fathom how tedious testing all the gameplay components must be..

Last edited:
V20 + V20 'FULL GAMEPLAY PACKAGE IS OUT over on Patreon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: 99.9% of everything you see in this video is CPU behaviour - showcasing the variety you will see when playing against them!

https://www.patreon.com/anthjamesfc24gameplaylab
Great news!!

I’ll be playing it tonight. Weekends is Anth James mod time!! 🥳

Have a great weekend yourself mate! 🫡

hi when the mod says CPU will tend to play more direct and fast reaction time, what does the word "direct + fast reaction" really represent here? could you please give me how they will play "direct" "fast responsive"? and what would be the opposite meaning direct and fast responsive? real example would be appreciated, ex) less cross, direct run towards the net, etc...

hi when the mod says CPU will tend to play more direct and fast reaction time, what does the word "direct + fast reaction" really represent here? could you please give me how they will play "direct" "fast responsive"? and what would be the opposite meaning direct and fast responsive? real example would be appreciated, ex) less cross, direct run towards the net, etc...
Hey. It would be great if there were values like 'crossing frequency', 'direct runs frequency', 'long shot frequency', etc in the gameplay files and it was just a matter of adjusting those. However, the truth is the CPU's behaviour is far more complicated than that - especially when you're trying to change it.

If you're referring to the CPU Alternative Option, then those changes are related to the decision making of the CPU when on the ball. The CPU will be looking a little more to get forward more quickly with that option - so this CAN result in more crosses and shots (V20 has more of this anyway, but the option can help it further). It can also mean that they may make some more direct runs to goal - and possibly also release the ball a little faster in build up. Hope this helps.

@Anth James Hey mate, well done with V20.

I'm curious if you have one or two personal favourite changes/improvements that you've been able to implement this time around?

Bonus point question: what's the trickiest or most migraine-inducing aspect of FIFA's gameplay to tinker with? As someone who spent the best part of 10 years on console simply trying to achieve the most menial of things like getting the AI to remember what a cross is, and eradicate the broken toe epidemic at every club I was at, I can't fathom how tedious testing all the gameplay components must be..
Hey man. Yeah for sure, in V20 I'm really happy with the physicality changes and the depth that they have brought to the experience. It's now a proper battle and fight for the ball - with the winner determined by many factors. In previous versions, I felt like the defender would always win and take the ball, that's changed in V20. It also brings out some really nice animations, things I hadn't ever seen before.

I'm also quite happy with the progress I've made regarding the behaviour of the CPU in this version. As many know, it's incredibly stubborn to change this - and I'm happy with the direction it's going.

The trickiest element of modding FIFA's gameplay is learning how so many elements interrelate with each other. It's more a mental difficulty of trying to learn behaviours and find solutions when there's literally thousands of values that cross over. I think sometimes people think it's a simple matter of just tweaking some simple 'slider' type behaviours, but it's really not like this. It's more about creating the correct environment for the behaviour to be encouraged.

Which of the options are you using?
Hey - I have a recommendation in my download.

In general though, I'm not really stuck on just one combination, I like to mix it up and change this.

At the moment I'm mainly using this:

CPU Alternative
Physicality Option
Shooting Errors Option
Increased Field Friction
V20 Regular.

I often use the 'Subtle Passing Error' option also.

I should stress though, I don't want people to ignore all of the other possibilities and just use what I often use, because I've made all of these for a reason and they all have their place depending on what experience you're after.

My feedback about V.20. Unfortunetly without any Video Footage of mine, because the last 2 weeks I have unknown issues again and again to start the game modded. Really strange, never faced that before. To the time of my tests with the gp I run without eSIM mod. So my Turf looks like sh...t. Other mods are running great like TV Logo Mod, Scoreboard Mod and some other proofs of a working modded Game like Anth´s Gp mod. Which runs definetly after checking preview Videos for comparision and of course my own intel of the mod behaviour.

Anyway, v. 20 feels by default very smooth in animations and how the Players lead the ball on their foots. That´s what come first to my attention. Ball roll and friction is slightly decreased compared to v.19. That´s what it feels like for me. So I like this ball movement after a ground pass a lot. (FUMA controlled). I remember I read in the EvoWeb thread it was a bit too long in v.19 when the ball rolls over the field. Matter of taste I guess. The AI do again some really nice attempts to hurt me. Some unexpected distance shot are much appreciated. The individual aspect for some well skilled offense AI Players are also remarkable. I saw some nice tricks by the AI, but never over the top like in default gp. I had the feeling I have even on Legendary difficulty a bit more space and time to control the Ball and thinking of what to do next by watching my team mates tries to get in good position for the next pass of mine. What I also like is I could create some more chances inside the box of my opponent. Not every pass way is closed what is something what makes it previously hard to enjoy Legendary Level. But all in a very good symbiosis to the difficulty Level. How the gp plays in Career mode on Ultimate I really like to know? Just out of curiousity. I am running behind a Career mode start since weeks because it´s so much to test here. 🙂 Must change my tactics and finally start up a Career mode soon.

And yes of course: The nice new Physics and collisions and interactions by the Players I already saw in preview Videos are just great to finally feel and see themselves in game. It´s much more realism now than ever to see limbs are existing in game. 😆 Looks genius now when you or the AI Player runs in another. They fall, they fight and try to use their hands. To see penalties given because of a hand grab to the Players shoulder let them struggeling or fall was much needed. Just a extra breath for the game and can look eyecandy to watch it 3times in replay.

This is my current setup, spent the day playing this game and I can't put the controller down. So much fun. I'm also playing on Professional and FUMA and I think with the additional CPU alternative, pressing variation and pass/shot errors, it increases the challenge of the COM on professional whilst still giving me the responsiveness and less cheaty COM I love on professional.

The player and ball physics are amazing, I've seen some incredible collisions and battles between players as well as shots and passes with all kind of trajectories!

1716191841905.png

I worry that FC25 will come around and EA will go full Nazi with locking down those gameplay files and not be editable, We'll have to stick with this game and pray Anth doesn't fall down a hole and disappear! Honestly this is a totally different football game to the tacky default game.

I go a bit crazy with my mod list but I've got the game to a point where I'm happy with everything. It makes everything so free and unpredictable and the increased field friction really helps you feel the turf and the ball doesn't skate all around the place like a marble on ice anymore.

For me this gameplay mod is awesome this is the first time in almost 3 years that i stopped to play pes 21 and i gave an oportunity to FC 24 is the most closer feeling that i had that remind me pes obviously with the limitations because is not Pes , everything is better with the gameplay , i played fuma on legendary ( is really hard) the pressing is really higth and winning the matches is not easy is the opposite but is so much fun.

The ball physics is getting bettter but is not possible to make a miracle in that aspect pes is way superior , for me the perfect game it would be the timing of pes , ball physics from pes mix with the animations movements from fifa specially the dribling movements is pes are very robotic and not good who knows maybe in the future in the meantime i will keep playing both games with those awesome mods , thank for create this mod dude!

This is my current setup, spent the day playing this game and I can't put the controller down. So much fun. I'm also playing on Professional and FUMA and I think with the additional CPU alternative, pressing variation and pass/shot errors, it increases the challenge of the COM on professional whilst still giving me the responsiveness and less cheaty COM I love on professional.

The player and ball physics are amazing, I've seen some incredible collisions and battles between players as well as shots and passes with all kind of trajectories!

View attachment 280461

I worry that FC25 will come around and EA will go full Nazi with locking down those gameplay files and not be editable, We'll have to stick with this game and pray Anth doesn't fall down a hole and disappear! Honestly this is a totally different football game to the tacky default game.

I go a bit crazy with my mod list but I've got the game to a point where I'm happy with everything. It makes everything so free and unpredictable and the increased field friction really helps you feel the turf and the ball doesn't skate all around the place like a marble on ice anymore.
Hey, thanks so much for posting your experience and combination. After reading what you wrote I decided to give a similar combo a run - and I'm loving it! There's a different depth to the gameplay that shines through.

I'm playing with the below at the moment on World Class and it's super difficult but very enjoyable.

It's nice to be able to see other people putting together different ways of playing based on the options available.

Doesn't have to be this exact combo, but I recommend everyone give FUMA a run with V20 and see how you find it!

ax.png

For me this gameplay mod is awesome this is the first time in almost 3 years that i stopped to play pes 21 and i gave an oportunity to FC 24 is the most closer feeling that i had that remind me pes obviously with the limitations because is not Pes , everything is better with the gameplay , i played fuma on legendary ( is really hard) the pressing is really higth and winning the matches is not easy is the opposite but is so much fun.

The ball physics is getting bettter but is not possible to make a miracle in that aspect pes is way superior , for me the perfect game it would be the timing of pes , ball physics from pes mix with the animations movements from fifa specially the dribling movements is pes are very robotic and not good who knows maybe in the future in the meantime i will keep playing both games with those awesome mods , thank for create this mod dude!
Thanks for your comment! Great to see more and more PES 21 guys starting to give FC24 a chance with the mod! Those who have seem to be really enjoying it, to their own surprise too!

After this long weekend including the additional Monday free day where I test v.20 a lot and in depth once more I am happy now to have found my fav Combo for the Mod now. So I decided to record a short Video with GP footage especially since my launching issues with Frosty MM seems gone.
Short Video means only a Match time of 2 x 4 Minutes. As I hate usually to play the Game only for such a short periode, but it´s better for watching purposes.

A lil side note: I was recently fully satisfied after testing the regular Version like I wrote in my feedback a couple of days before, but on the other side curious of course how the other Versions are come over to me. For the first time in FC 24 Gameplay mods by Anth I prefer now the "Slow" Version of v.20 with some addons which gives me currently the best feeling of the Game. Maybe I am getting old but I really love the settled pace in the slow Version. I noticed in Videos around the GP Mod the majority of the Guys like faster Versions, so I hope you Guys don´t fall a sleep by watching this Video (or maybe not).
I play FUMA and it´s a never ending practice curve to try getting better with it. This Video is recorded on World class Level. I played the exact same Match before on Legendary and I lost the Game 0:3. Was a bit to hard for my skills. WC suits my Playstyle and abilities a bit more realistic. :D

This Options I use in my Matches besides the main mod:

Screenshot (318)_smaller.png

At 05:45 min. How can that be not a penalty, man @Anth James 😂

After this long weekend including the additional Monday free day where I test v.20 a lot and in depth once more I am happy now to have found my fav Combo for the Mod now. So I decided to record a short Video with GP footage especially since my launching issues with Frosty MM seems gone.
Short Video means only a Match time of 2 x 4 Minutes. As I hate usually to play the Game only for such a short periode, but it´s better for watching purposes.

A lil side note: I was recently fully satisfied after testing the regular Version like I wrote in my feedback a couple of days before, but on the other side curious of course how the other Versions are come over to me. For the first time in FC 24 Gameplay mods by Anth I prefer now the "Slow" Version of v.20 with some addons which gives me currently the best feeling of the Game. Maybe I am getting old but I really love the settled pace in the slow Version. I noticed in Videos around the GP Mod the majority of the Guys like faster Versions, so I hope you Guys don´t fall a sleep by watching this Video (or maybe not).
I play FUMA and it´s a never ending practice curve to try getting better with it. This Video is recorded on World class Level. I played the exact same Match before on Legendary and I lost the Game 0:3. Was a bit to hard for my skills. WC suits my Playstyle and abilities a bit more realistic. :D

View attachment 280693

Fuma slow, 2x8 min., been playing that like forever. Will give your combo a try tonight as I usually play the mod plus default pass distance. I’m a simple man! 😂
Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 280693

Thanks for sharing! Oooh pen or dive!? I think the ref got it right hahaha.

View attachment 280693

@Anth here is what i am meaning with the ball rolls too much 😁 at 1:54 when the through pass comes it rolls way too wide.

@Anth here is what i am meaning with the ball rolls too much 😁 at 1:54 when the through pass comes it rolls way too wide.
Through passes do come off the foot to fast sometimes… that’s a FIFA thing for me. The roll seems appropriate when you consider that fifa querk, imo.
That’s why I don’t do much through passes but rely on fuma regular pass (sometimes with R2 for longer and faster travel).

Last edited:
Through passes do come off the foot to fast sometimes… that’s a FIFA thing for me. The roll seems appropriate when you consider that fifa querk, imo.
That’s why I don’t do much through passes but rely on fuma regular pass (sometimes with R2 for longer and faster travel).
okay will try 👍

@Byronic - How about this one?! This was given as a penalty! I think V20 needs VAR because there's some 50/50 calls going both ways hahaha.

Let’s talk about divers in the box, Anth! You did something for that feature, right? It’s not only one time I saw similar situations. So I suspect you you added this feature? I would have had a hard time if I am completely wrong with my impressions. 😂🍺

Fuma slow, 2x8 min., been playing that like forever. Will give your combo a try tonight as I usually play the mod plus default pass distance. I’m a simple man! 😂
Thanks for sharing.
Good to read, Buddy! Makes me not feel alone with that amazing „slow“ Version tempo. 😆 I usually play 2x8 minutes. And to be simple can be a bless when it comes to seriously test Anth’s options out to the tin. 😂 Always a pleasure to find new combos which tunes the personal style a bit more.

Try the „default passing distance“ option, Mate. I didn’t test it till yet by myself but that should be the name for the option. Sorry when I mismatch the exact Name, been currently on my Handy so I cannot check the correct Name. The Field friction option gives the ground pass also another direction and it feels not so clinical when the ball rolls over the ground. But I am fully understanding when Anth says some little adjustments for one Option could decrease another improvements for other options or features. We can be sure Anth is aware of this and try his best as usual. Do you play FUMA? I have simply forgotten how the ball movement and roll abilities is on assisted passing, though?! I must honestly say it’s an assisted feature where I think about. At least for semi assisted because many of my ground passes lacks accuracy a lot. 😂 Anyway, I wouldn’t go back to assisted. Just toI awarding if a FUMA pass leads to an possible goal. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom