Batistuta or Adriano

Batigol is an absolute legend, the greatest striker that ever lived IMO.
sonnysan said:
My Point exactly. Thank You Caniggia
Yeah, Batistuta choose to play with a relegated Fiorentina rather than leave for a bigger club, he was getting offers from all over the place at the time. He loved Fiorentina and Florence.
He only left when Fiorentina were forced to sell their star players because of financial problems. He cried when he a scored against them.

lumlum said:
Batigol is an absolute legend, the greatest striker that ever lived IMO.

Yeah, Batistuta choose to play with a relegated Fiorentina rather than leave for a bigger club, he was getting offers from all over the place at the time. He loved Fiorentina and Florence.
He only left when Fiorentina were forced to sell their star players because of financial problems. He cried when he a scored against them.
You don't see players that are that loyal to their clubs much anymore.

Last I heard Bati was looking to coach since retiring.

Pure class striker.

What kind of coach you think he'd make?

All out attack of course!
I think that one day he'll end up coaching Fiorentina.

Batigol- Hmm... I don't see him as a Manager, but I won't put that as something definite because I could easily end up eating my words, but he would undoubtedly be a rather offensively minded tactician or coach, playing like 3 up front or something!

Batistuta over Adriano any day....Batistuta has reached the pinnacle of footballing greatness amongst the likes of Van Basten, Cruyff Pele, Maradonna etc whereas Adriano doesnt even compare to the 'current' generaton of W/C stars such as Henry, Shevchenko, Rooney..etc and doesnt even compare to the likes of Bergkamp, Kluivert, Cantona back in their times

ooh_harry said:
apart from Adriano's shooting ability, he doesnt compare to Rooney in terms of Pace, dribbling ability, technique, crossing and passing....and this is coming from an Arsenal fan

Hat trick on the first day of the serie A. Top scorer for Brazil in the confederations cup and the last copa america. His dribbling is crazy good, hes physically stronger than most players.

ooh_harry said:
apart from Adriano's shooting ability, he doesnt compare to Rooney in terms of Pace, dribbling ability, technique, crossing and passing....and this is coming from an Arsenal fan
Adriano has one of the best technique and dribbling ability for his size.

But Real Madrid and Chelsea's actions are usually inflationary in the transfer market when they search for players....think about it, I bet SWP would have been sold for around £10 if Chelsea werent involved, I bet Drogba and maybe Essien would have been bought for significantly less if chelsea werent involved

Inflationary so what, they always aim for the best players, they dont sign their players for 50m because theyre shit, but because theyre players who can change a match. Thats why theyve offered for henry, gilardino, kaka, sheva, adriano, etoo, ronaldinho etc.

No Doubt Adriano is one of the bests .. and I wouldn't be shocked if he won the Golden ball this year !!
Power in his body and his shoots and nice dribbling not forgetting a fast speed !!
what makes him less than one of the bests ??

This is vey interesting.

Batistuta is more of a target man. He needs good ball supply to shine.

Adriano is the more complete package, he doesn't need good supply, he CAN create on his own.
He can dribble past defenders from midfield for god's sake (a'la Ronaldinho).

Finishing-wise Batistuta is better, but this is something that gets better with age.

If I got 50 million euros to spend, it's a no brainer, I'd pick Adriano.

sitdown30 said:
This is vey interesting.

Batistuta is more of a target man. He needs good ball supply to shine.

Adriano is the more complete package, he doesn't need good supply, he CAN create on his own.
He can dribble past defenders from midfield for god's sake (a'la Ronaldinho).

Finishing-wise Batistuta is better, but this is something that gets better with age.

If I got 50 million euros to spend, it's a no brainer, I'd pick Adriano.

Precisely. Scary thing is that this guy is only 23.

I think Batistuta in terms of overall package. But Adriano can still learn loads and eventually will be a legend too. He has all the right raw ability needed he just needs too polish them.

I think it gets a lot to match Batistuta. Many great players have not reached that level yet. I think Adriano is fantastic, a much more complete player, but Batigol was a better striker as of today.

WIll Adriano get to his level? I'm not sure about that, I thought Dennis Bergkamp would be the next Van Basten and it didn't happen, neither did it with Kanu, Kluivert, Anelka, Morientes, Jardel, or even Van Nistelrooy. Adriano is better than all of these IMHO, and he could well be a great star... but it takes more than a couple of good years to become a legend.

Back
Top Bottom