Bayern Munchen Thread

Who is your fav bayern munich player !!

• Total voters
mandzukic has been the first choice this year. he started seven games in cl, gomez only 2 games (mostly due to injury). in bundesliga it was 22-9. recently, gomez gained his form again but only started the first game of the barça tie in cl and that was thanks to mandzukic's suspension. if gomez starts, it would be a surprise for me.

Thanks guys was going for a flutter at bookmakers.

Was going to go with Gomez and Muller so i'll replace him with Robben.

FD

ye well done Bayern, they were the best team in this seasons UCL, thoroughly deserved.

Congratulations to all involved!
And my personal favorite; the one "missing piece" in the puzzle of last year:
337315dbf294cd083793d3c3343fdfdd151-bayern-muenchens-sportvorstand-matthias-sammer_485x364.jpg

When Sammer was signed, I immediately gained confidence back in this team.

Bayern - true champions.....to come back and win after 2 defeats in Finals.
That is the mark of champions....

Jupp Heynckes - what a man....and coach.

Arjen Robben - deserves his glory after all the heartache of the last 8 years being on the loser side of Champions league and World Cup.

Well done Bayern.

Although Robben should have won me a bit of money with those chances hr blew.

FD

supa bayern. nough said.

congratulations to all FC Bayern fans...trully amazing achievement.

why you need Guardiola again?

supa bayern. nough said.

congratulations to all FC Bayern fans...trully amazing achievement.

why you need Guardiola again?

SUPER BAYERN !!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the team, well deserved after the heartache of losing 2 finals and losing the league last year.

Jupp Heynckes - COACH OF THE YEAR.

Only reason to get Guardiola is to keep the motivation. He will be hungry to achieve something, and with some new players like Gotze, Lewandowski, I think this Bayern Munich machine will continue to dominate Europe for a few more years.

Next year will be interesting with Barca on the rebound, Real with a new coach, and Chelsea with Mou.

Hope to see some new dominant teams like Juventus, Man City, Benfica, also

Congratulations, Bayern, it is simply STUNNING! Today, you can rightfully be called the strongest clubs in Europe, Bravo! You did what in Germany, no one yet could - win all the trophies of the season - no doubt this is a new record for the Bundesliga. To be honest, I'm amazed.

Particular congratulations to Jupp Heynckes, more beautiful care and can not come up. This man make Bayern a truly great one. Hats off to him.

Wonder what the odds are of Robben staying after all of this. He (arguably) almost single handedly pushed them to the CL and Cup title. Though if he were to be sold, he`ll probably go at the highest price point in a while.

Wonder if Pep is happy to be coach of Europe's best club team next season. He has to win at least the same amount of titles to be considered a good successor of Jupp.

Mario Goetze's injury is quite a bit worse than expected. He'll miss the next ten to twelve weeks most likely. Did everything he could getting fit for the final and ruptured muscles in his thigh. So much for conspiracy theories ...

on a lighter note ...
:D

onlineImage.jpg

WOOOOOOOO!!! Triple!
:D :D :D

Last edited:
Good to see Pep Guardiola's first interview as Bayern coach, the guy is a gem, humble enough to learn German so well...amazing....
He says the job is like a gift to coach the best team in the world....
none of the crap about being a special one....

I want Bayern to win even more now....surely my favorite team outside England.

He most probably learnt German as he will be coaching a German team, which plays in the Bundesliga (a German league) and which has a squad made up overwhelmingly of German speaking players.

Do you not think that his decision to learn German is more to do with logic than being humble? You do realise that Bayern have had non-German coaches who also spoke German when they coached there - Zlatko Čajkovski was in charge of Bayern when they went from the 2er Bundesliga all the way to winning German and European Trophies; Csernai Zebec and Trappatoni all won the Bundesliga with Bayern, all were non-native German speakers, but all spoke German when coaching players and giving conferences as did Van Gaal.

It really doesnt make sense to manage in a top European league and then not speak the language.

Did Hiddink speak fluent Korean when he took South Korea to the World Cup semifinals? Or Russian while he was Russia's manager.

Did Terry Venables speak fluent Catalan or Spanish when he won La Liga with Barca?

Abou, they're not top european league sides, bro. Hiddink has spoken English while he was Chelsea's manager and Spanish at the time he was in Spain.

Terry Venables is British, isn't he? I do wonder if there has ever been any British coach who was humble enough to learn a foreign language while they were managing a team abroad. because that would be humble indeed.

Did Hiddink speak fluent Korean when he took South Korea to the World Cup semifinals? Or Russian while he was Russia's manager.

Since when were Korea and Russia top European club sides? You do realise that managing an international team is very different from managing a league side. For a start you are only with the players for 8-10 long weekends each year, and then perhaps 4-6 weeks every 2-4 years (for a tournament). You don't really develop the players as much as a club manager, you have less matches, less press conferences, less interaction with your players.

Did Terry Venables speak fluent Catalan or Spanish when he won La Liga with Barca?

Apparently he does speak Catalan:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...bles-is-in-a-different-ball-game-1453121.html

It's not really necessary to be totally fluent in a language, but I think you would definately need a working knowledge of it. When Bobby Robson spoke Portguese at Porto interviews and conferences, it wasnt word-for-word perfect, but it was good enough to be understood.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=OP8F1RD5y78

Obviously you will get some managers who are able to speak the language but are not sucessfull for other reasons (Platt can speak reasonable Italian but wasnt that great as Samp coach - there were issues at the time with him not having Italian coaching badges so not being an official coach; Christian Gross was a disaster at Spurs despite speaking fairly good English). If you look at a lot of sucessful foreign managers in the big European leagues, they all tend to have a working knowledge of the domestic league. Ancelotti, Mancini, Mourinho, Wenger all spoke English - that's all the foreign winning coaches who have won the PL. Benitez and Di Matteo (the two coaches who've not won the PL but have won the CL with English teams) also spoke English.

In Spain various foreign coaches like Mourinho, Hiddink, Heyenkes, Schuster, Antic have all spoken Spanish. In the history of Italian football, while there havent been that many foreign coaches, most (maybe all) of the ones who have won titles (Ericksson, Herera, Mourinho) have spoken Italian and even ones who havent won major titles have usually spoken it (Zeman, Hodgson).

I cant think of that many sucessfull (or more than 1 season) foreign coaches in Germany apart from the ex-Bayern ones I mentioned (and you have to exclude Austrians and Swiss like Happel, Kurt Jara and Lucien Favre since German is the prevalent language in those countries). But ones like Huub Stevens, Arie Haan, ,Mulder and Wilmots (Belgians at Schalke) have all spoken passable German. As well as Jol, HSV had a few non-German caretakers in these last few years, Cardozo, Moniz and Arnesen - again all of these guys spoke reasonable German.

it's not about that he learned it. it's about his first press conference, fully german, after what appears to be only 4 or 5 months of learning the language.

that is impressive and the mark of someone really taking this seriously.

it's not about that he learned it. it's about his first press conference, fully german, after what appears to be only 4 or 5 months of learning the language.

that is impressive and the mark of someone really taking this seriously.

4-5 months ? I think it's more like double that amount of time. It seems he's been learning since November, and he was learning more or less full time as it's not like he had a job in those months - he had no job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rget-Pep-Guardiola-taking-German-lessons.html

I don't think it's that noteworthy that someone has been able to pick up German to a reasonable standard when learning it full time, day-in day-out for 7-8 months. Ancelotti picked up English in a similar amount of time before moving to Chelsea (and this was despite actually having a job - he was Milan manager - at the time).

english vs. german? ask anybody who learned both as a not native speaker. german is a lot harder to pick up on...;)

Even if it is harder to pick up German than English, which may or may not be true, I don't think it's that much of an achievement to be able to speak German fairly well after 8 months of intensive lessons (when you have no other concrete or daily work to do except learn the language).

Or to put it another way I don't think it's much more of an achievement to learn German in that way as it is to learn English to a similar level but doing so while having a full time and demanding job (i.e. Ancelotti learning English while at Milan). I just don't see what all the fuss about him being able to conduct a press conference (and a highly scripted/coreographed one at that) in reasonable German is, when he has been learning it for 8-9 months with getting on for 1000 hours of intensive lessons.

Back
Top Bottom