Boxing Talk!!

Not sure mate about that one.

As for the recent fight, Wladimir did well in the end, was half decent action, but he was holding like heck. Peter was very limited and look very poor.

As for Cotto, wasn't impressed at all, although granted his opponent was a hard hitter, but I'm having doubts about his chin now, although have to admit he did stick in there and I didn't actually think it was a proper knockdown, however I wouldn't have thought it would've been unfair had the ref stopped the fight in that 2nd round.

FD

Eh. . what can ya say? I thought Peter would land cleaner and really put Wladi on his ass for the night. He just seemd to land sloppy punches.

Wlad looked better than i have seen in a long time, but again, he seemed to tire. Emmanuel Steward is teaching him to dictate with his jab, like he did for Lennox and that bodes well for him. I still think he's a KO waiting to happen. But he impressed with his movement and tempo.

Peter needs polish and needs to focus on making contact, using medium strength combos and body shots. He was a 2 punch headhunter for moments in that fight, and at his age, he should be much more active.

Cotto fight was amazing.

Roy takes on Tarver. Roy's my fave athlete, but i am SCARED! He aint the same since he dropped from heavy to lt. heavy. :(

See Jones came up short again. Heard he was easily beaten. Said after a bright start he ran out of juice and that was it. Guess he's finished.

FD

Roy is done. Stick a fork in him and send him off. I didnt even pay for the fight cuz i couldnt stand to see him lose again. What a fool. . you dont take almost 2 years off after two KO's in a row and then fight the champ!! You need tuneups.

Anyway, Roy was untouchable. . even when he went heavyweight. But after he crash-dieted and came down to 175, he lost his speed,reflexes and conditioning. He was never the same.

Loved him to death. But broterman needs to fade away now.

ghazi said:
Roy is done. Stick a fork in him and send him off. I didnt even pay for the fight cuz i couldnt stand to see him lose again. What a fool. . you dont take almost 2 years off after two KO's in a row and then fight the champ!! You need tuneups.

Anyway, Roy was untouchable. . even when he went heavyweight. But after he crash-dieted and came down to 175, he lost his speed,reflexes and conditioning. He was never the same.

Loved him to death. But broterman needs to fade away now.

I remember when Roy Jones and Prince Hasem Named were both enfuego.... Jebus Cripes boxing was so great for a time. Those two were so far beyond their opponents it was pure joy to watch them fight.

Just have to wait until the next great boxers emerge, hopefully more than one in the same division to get some rivalries going again. Nothing like a great fight.

Jones yes, Hameed, no way. Soon as he fought someone of real calibre he got easily beaten.

He was tit-fed with boxers and in the end all his bravado and ego where knocked out of him when he met one of the big boys. He was totally outclassed by Barrera.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Jones yes, Hameed, no way. Soon as he fought someone of real calibre he got easily beaten.

He was tit-fed with boxers and in the end all his bravado and ego where knocked out of him when he met one of the big boys. He was totally outclassed by Barrera.

FD

Didn't Hamed move up two weight classes to fight Barrera? I'm pretty sure that's right... I remember the fight and he looked like crap.

Nope I'm pretty sure your wrong. He's a featherweight (if my mind serves me right, terrible at the weights) and that's what he got beat on.

FD

Oh and if anyone wants to see Jones get his ass punked, then it's on Sky Sports 1 tonight, 10pm.

FD

Castillo KO'd Corrales, however I wasn't aware of the weight issue that was rather unfortunate and for me should'nt have been allowed.

FD

Ive been staying away unitl i could take all the action in, Jones looked a shadow of his formerself a great shame this happens far to much in boxingthey should just walk away at the top, i hear hes not going to retire now either its been reported his camp have aprroached Clinton Woods for a fight!!

The C vs C fight was a bit of a anticlimax after last time the weight issue was a complete farce but beacause of the tickets sold and pay per view money taken i suppose they could have never called it off.

Hamed didnt move any weight for the Barrera bout it was featherweight like Fd said, never a great imo, he got to where Hatton was before facing Tszyu and failed miserably!

Yep, that's what I think of Hamed too, once the step up in class came it showed up his deficiences.

As for Hatton, he's done really well, but don't think he can be classed as a great yet either. Although he performed brilliantly against Tsyu, I still think Tsyu was on the way down anyway. He faces off against Carlos Maussa (sp?) next month I think, so should be a decent test as the guy just beat Vivian Harris and has been in the ring with Cotto too.

Although I still think Cotto will have too much for Hatton should they ever meet, although I still don't think either of them would beat Mayweather. The guy's amazing and I think he could beat 1 after the other on the same night.

FD

Your right Hatton has a long way to go before becoming a great but the divsion is set up nicely for any of the three Hatton, Mayweather or Cotto to be remembered!

Great is a term for me is thrown about to much in boxing especially when you consider and compare some of the past "great" records to todays fighters!

Hatton v Gatti. . please Lord. . make it happen.

Anyone watch the Tarver-Jones fight realize how close Tarver was to getting KO'd if Roy could muster some strength. . .like maybe if he was in better condition or hadnt taken so much time off, he STILL woulda beaten Tarver.

I think in his prime, Roy woulda wiped Tarver up and down the ring.

I do agree that the old Roy Jones would've wipped Tarver. Although I didn't actually think he put much pressure on Tarver. Actually Jones at the beginning of the fight hardly through a punch.

Can't remember Tarver being rocked (although maybe I did miss it, as I missed 1 or 2 rounds), however saw Jones nearly flattened late on in the fight.

FD

Witter fought over the weekend, however he was very disappointing.

Think he's a very good boxer and would give Hatton a good fight, although on this form, don't think so.

FD

Yeah it would be a good fight but i think Witter needs to do a hell of alot to be given a chance against hatton now!

Theres a fight on sky on Dec 4th Martin Power v Ian Napa, napa won the ABA's about 5 years ago in his first time out and turned pro straight away and ive never seen or heard anything since, anyhow he was a very exciting fighter reflexes like you wouldnt believe definatly worth a watch!

Saying that after building him up hes bound to be KO'd in the first!

Guess you meant 4th November. :mrgreen: It was a good fight and I thought Napa actually won, it was close though.

Disappointed to have missed out on Scott Harrison fight + Amir Khan. It was shown on ITV4 but for some reason the Sky box wasn't picking it up.

See Klitchsko has called off his fight with Rahman, sure it said that if he didn't defend it within 60 days he would be stripped of his title.

FD

Yeah i thought Napa did enough to win, He doesnt seem to have mooved on that much in terms of abilty form his amature days!

God knows whats going on with Klitchsko after i read what you put FD i read a article saying hes retiring and now he says hell only come out of retiremnt to face Lewis.....:roll:

I watched the |jeff Lacy fight yesterday that guys got some power he took the guy off hi feet to knock him out, id still love to see Calzaghe take him on but i just cant see it. The undercard of theat fight had some real good fighters on it Donaire and i think he was called De marco looked really good.

Also read the jan 21 will see the reamatch of Morales vs Pacquiao cant wait!

Yep, I thought I heard something on the radio about Klitchsko retiring as it mentioned Rahman was the champ.

Saw the Lacy fight, guy is very impressive indeed. Also saw Marquez again, guy is very impressive too.

Looking forward to the Hatton fight, remember seeing Maussa KO Vivian Harris, he looked like a wildman the way he was throwing punches, but he does hit hard.

FD

After all that Lacy Vs Calzaghe is on March 4th at M.E.N Arena, seemingly there is a clause in the deal that if Calzaghe pulls out for what ever reason Lacy would still get over $300,000! Should be a great fight!

I See Mayweather destroyed Sharmba Mitchell over the weekend and looked very impressive. I Hatto wins at the weekend its got to be either Hatton or Cotto vs Mayweather next..

A tough one for Hatton at the weekend Maussa caused him all sorts of problems he couldnt get near him for the first couple of rounds and ive never seen him through so few body shots, but overall he did well! I thought his corner did a excellent job calmed him down and made him box!

Alot of speculation of a match vs Gatti we can only hope....

Did you see the size of Naz?:shock:

:mrgreen: LOL.............I did, think I'll call him McNaz. :mrgreen:

Wasn't the best fight tbh, and Maussa just wasn't at the races, Hatton won easily although he did have some problems. Would like to see him go against Gatti, that would be a rare fight. That for a lead up to Cotto and/or Mayweather.

Not sure if you saw any of the ITV4 fight with Johnny Nelson, my god the guy is a prat, the way he was taunting the fans and doing stupid showboating, I almost pissed myself laughing when the guy nearly KO'd him.

Couple of weeks looks good, re-match with Bernie Hopkins and Jermaine Taylor and also Audley Harrison and Danny Williams go head-to-head with Amir Khan also on the bill.

It was quite funny that McGuigan and Nelson, Sky panelists on ITV. :mrgreen:

FD

Hopkins & Taylor fight was absolute dire. Can't believe Hopkin's tactics again. I actually though Hopkins had won it, but it was so hard to call and wasn't as surprised as I was in the 1st fight when Hopkins didn't get the nod. Tbh, I don't think he can have many complains as he didn't really make a go of it to retain the crown.

Not sure why, but I'm looking forward to Harrison and Williams facing off this weekend, bad-mouthing each other. Think it'll be quite good, and although there isn't much to get excited about in the HW division I always find it more interesting as usually when these guys land there can be some devastating moments, I'm more a power man, than skill and speed. :mrgreen:

FD

For his age Hopkins did well in both fights but I had Taylor winning both fights by a couple of rounds.

Harrison v Williams should be good for a laugh, if nothing else it's probably the highest profile all British fight of its weight class since Lewis v Bruno :)

The US has the Williams-HArrison fight on PPV. . .i doubt many will buy it to see it, but i would have loved to watch that one. Only seen Audley fight once. He seemd talented but raw.

Didnt watch Hopkins-Taylor 2, but i figured that Hopkins would take his slow ass time and be behind on points for the first half of the fight with a hole to get out off. Depressing.

Anyone got pics of fat Naseem Hamed? I could use a good laff. lol.

They're not as conclusive as you'd think, but when he was talking you could see it and many people and media have commented on it.

allsporthamedbarrerawatchhatton.jpg

+

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Chee/cheeW1127a05.htm

:mrgreen:

FD

Back
Top Bottom