Codemasters?

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Southend have got a winding up order today at the High Court in London.

Browsing the other companies due in court today for similar hearings, it seems Codemasters (and all their subsideries) are also being heard today - for winding up??

What about the F1 game due out... interesting!

====

All a bit of a mix up apparantly...

http://www.birminghampost.net/birmi...ers-hit-by-winding-up-blunder-65233-25601885/

But still, no smoke without fire!

Last edited:
Codemasters shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the F1 franchise. Their track-record with racing games doesn't fill me with confidence that they will produce an accurate recreation of the sport.

Codemasters do make polished racing games thesedays, but they implement awful, simplistic physics and offer no driving satisfaction whatsoever. Their cars tend to handle like featherweight hovercraft.

High quality arcade shite.

They even butchered my butcher.

i heard they coined the phrase 'Fit as a butchers dog' everytime somebody used it, they got £2.50 royalties.

You don't really hear that phrase anymore, bit of a coincidence that they aren't doing so well now?....i don't think so.

i heard they coined the phrase 'Fit as a butchers dog' everytime somebody used it, they got £2.50 royalties.

You don't really hear that phrase anymore, bit of a coincidence that they aren't doing so well now?....i don't think so.

True fact, also I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil.

True fact, also I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil.

i heard they got sued for that expression. As it was mainly used against underweight women, was derogatory and increased depression of women of a certain age. A group of them got together and successfully sued Codemasters, I think Kiera Knightly and Olive oil from Popeye, were among the group of ladies.

This was some years ago, but I feel that may have been the start of the downturn?

Well I think there racing games are alot of fun. Dirt2 is a great game, really really good. Grid on the DS was great fun too. If you want Gran Turismo avoid, but they give you enough control to not make it a total arcade racer, but not stagnate the game in sim land. I often do buy Codemasters games, because they are the only big UK publisher left. Support the UK economy people, if the game is fun, buy it!

I agree that Codematers haven't been the most fantastic company out there, but I have to disagree about the point on butchering all of Colin Mcrae's series. I thought Dirt 1 was below average, but Dirt 2 was beyond my expectation and one of my favorite games of 2009.

Back
Top Bottom