Controllers?

I think its all in the title, Pro Evolution Soccer, I think we all have to EVOLVE and get used to the Xbox pad. I dont think it will be really that bad, I had WE6:FE on Cube, and that pad worked really well, I had no problems whatsoever, and it really was a joy to play.

tbh i really would prefer to use the xbox pad but its the fact that the xbox pad has no :r2: button that would worry me

Hmm... I've been reading this thread for a while and I think I will see what it is like with the normal X-Box Controller S, then if it is difficult/awkward then I will definately get a PS2 Pad converter.

i just got the Dreambox converters...
i seem to be experiencing some lag with it...
its not much of the dpad or analog, but the action buttons...

and why do i hav to REALLY hit the buttons for them to respond..?
i know they are pressure sensitive, but i never needed to hit them when i play on the ps2

I have two Dreamboxes.

I've been playing PES4 Beta extensively with my mate and have experienced NO PROBLEMS.

I test it with LIVE and all was ok, but because of the questions in this thread, I did some extensive testing on:

Mech...whatever it is.
Moto GP and
Splinter Cell.

I can report, again, NO PROBLEMS, the headset worked perfectly, though as mentioned, it does seem a little loose sometimes (on the Dreambox socket).

I even retested with/without the GAME extension cable - both gave same results.

People having problems, can I suggest something. When I first put player two's dreambox and dual shock in on PES, the controller would not move on the controller selector screen, i.e. it was not being recognised. On checking the PS2 pad it was slightly out of the dreambox - once fixed in properly, it was perfect. Some of your problems could be because of a loose connection? Maybe? Jjust trying to help.

KOP_007 said:
I have two Dreamboxes.

I've been playing PES4 Beta extensively with my mate and have experienced NO PROBLEMS.

I test it with LIVE and all was ok, but because of the questions in this thread, I did some extensive testing on:

Mech...whatever it is.
Moto GP and
Splinter Cell.

I can report, again, NO PROBLEMS, the headset worked perfectly, though as mentioned, it does seem a little loose sometimes (on the Dreambox socket).

I even retested with/without the GAME extension cable - both gave same results.

People having problems, can I suggest something. When I first put player two's dreambox and dual shock in on PES, the controller would not move on the controller selector screen, i.e. it was not being recognised. On checking the PS2 pad it was slightly out of the dreambox - once fixed in properly, it was perfect. Some of your problems could be because of a loose connection? Maybe? Jjust trying to help.
Yes i had this Problem but then i realised the controller had come loose a little!!!

It's a great piece of kit, but the looseness can cause a few problems - especially if you're unaware of it. Just bluetac it in if your a frantic gamer.

Hey Wassup guys, just a quick one....

I recently ordered my dreambox xbox convertor from darkplanets.com but i got an email from them just a matter of minutes ago...

As we have had no response from you, your authorisation code has expired your order number 5271 has now been deleted from our system and no money has been debited from your account for this order.

If you wish to reorder please do so as we will have new stockof this item this week

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Best Regards

Pat

any one know what this email is about, as darkplanet.com never asked me to respond to an email to confirm an order or anything

Cheers in advance

Hey Guys, New Just In......................

Just tried the "Dreambox" with several other Xbox Games, (World Championship Snooker 2004 and StreetFighter™ Anniversary Edition, for some unknown reason i kept getting a constant Rumble on my PS2 Pad using the Convertor.

Could the other people who have the "Dreambox" in this thread let me know if there experiencing the same with either those 2 games (If you have 'em) or any other games i have failed to try it out with! It works with no side affects on the other games i have tried it with, mainly PGR 2, Burnout 3, Outrun 2 and a few other's i think. No matter what i did on Streetfighter i could'nt get the rumble to stop?

So, to stop this, since i have 2 PS2 Controller's anyway, i have opened one of 'em up and have just done a simple thing, which is disconect the 2 wire's on each of the 2 rumble's which are either side of the handles on the controller which connect to the PCB board!!!! It worked a treat and was really easy to do, but obviously i would only recommend it if you don't plan on using the rumble feature on your controller!!!!!! and it is best if you have a backup controller. Having said that though, it would be quite easy to re-solder them at a later date!!!!!!

If PES 4 goes the same way as Streetfighter Anniversary Edition and World Championship Snooker 2004 then we might not have any choice but to disconnect the Rumble, But i think it will be OK! We'll Just Have To Wait And See!!! Although, some peeps have said they have tried it with the beta version and it works fine?

Last edited:
Got yesterday 2 "dreambox".
My opinion is that they're good with the DualShock for PS1 but with Dualshock for PS2 you have REALLY to hit the buttons..too much! I think because they're pressure sensitive.
Are u using DS1 or DS2 KOP_007?

Dual Shock 2s.

Me and my mate are really picky when it comes to things like this and, again, have had no problems. Maybe we just bash the buttons as normal? I dont know.

SSJ. I haven't got those games sorry. Yeah, been playing the PES beta with no rumble problems. Though, on controller 1 you CANNOT turn of the analog, whereas you can on player two? Weird.

Yeah, I'm the same too KOP_007, i use the Dual Shock 2's as i can't get on with the Old Playstation 1 Dual Shock!

KOP-007 wrote:-
"Yeah, been playing the PES beta with no rumble problems. Though, on controller 1 you CANNOT turn of the analog, whereas you can on player two? Weird."

Yeah, That Is Weird?, but i'd rather have it that way around instead of not being able to put the Analog on at all? The Analog is quite a big part of the Game!

"Hey Guys, New Just In......................

Just tried the "Dreambox" with several other Xbox Games, (World Championship Snooker 2004 and StreetFighter™ Anniversary Edition, for some unknown reason i kept getting a constant Rumble on my PS2 Pad using the Convertor.

Could the other people who have the "Dreambox" in this thread let me know if there experiencing the same with either those 2 games (If you have 'em) or any other games i have failed to try it out with! It works with no side affects on the other games i have tried it with, mainly PGR 2, Burnout 3, Outrun 2 and a few other's i think. No matter what i did on Streetfighter i could'nt get the rumble to stop?

So, to stop this, since i have 2 PS2 Controller's anyway, i have opened one of 'em up and have just done a simple thing, which is disconect the 2 wire's on each of the 2 rumble's which are either side of the handles on the controller which connect to the PCB board!!!! It worked a treat and was really easy to do, but obviously i would only recommend it if you don't plan on using the rumble feature on your controller!!!!!! and it is best if you have a backup controller. Having said that though, it would be quite easy to re-solder them at a later date!!!!!!

If PES 4 goes the same way as Streetfighter Anniversary Edition and World Championship Snooker 2004 then we might not have any choice but to disconnect the Rumble, But i think it will be OK! We'll Just Have To Wait And See!!! Although, some peeps have said they have tried it with the beta version and it works fine?"

Can Anyone else Shed Some Light On My Discovery Above or Is It Just Me?

Stumbled accross a little thing while using my dreambox converter and PS2 pad...

When doing in game strategies, I am only able to execute the strategies for buttons A and Y (as they would appear on xbox controller). If I try for B and X nothing happens....Has anyone else noticed this?

Reason I'm concerned is because I have a feeling startegies will play an important part while playing LIVE, so I'd like to be able to use all 4 possible options rather than just the 2 I can at the moment.

I have a pelican controller with extra shoulder buttons and have noticed the same thing, namely that I can only do the 2 strategies (which correspond to the x and Triangle on the PS2 controller). I can't find any other threads on it. Any one else have these problems?

It might work but I wouldn't try it as the convertor adds a bit of response delay as it is. Wouldn't like to try it using wireless ones!

Back
Top Bottom