E3 2009 - The Official Thread

So what are the games for this year, only Uncharted II? All the others were for next year. Have to say Im most looking forward to ModRacer.

That was the best conference so far, even though I did feel a bit mugged off not seeing any gameplay footage of GT5. Signals to me a late 2010 release if not 2011 :(. GOW3, MAG and Uncharted 2 looked awesome though. Definitely buying them.

Nothing cried out buy another Xbox yesterday. Another dull year for Microsoft IMO.

I'm happy with the showing, they already have an awesome line up for this year and when they drop the price in Q4 they'll be golden.

Can't wait for some Clock Blockers action later and the U2 beta at midnight!

PS Store looks different.

Well MS offered Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Last.fm, Splinter Cell, Forza 3, Natal, Facebook and Twitter.

Sony offered MAG, Uncharted 2, the dildo with the bulb and the Modnation Racers game. Where was the GT5 footage? Where was the Eyetoy Pet game/thing? Where's the XMB voice chat? Where's any specific PS Store improvements?

If I didn't have a console and bought one based on those shows, Sony wouldn't have a remote chance.

The long wait is finally over, as Final Fantasy VII joins the PSone Classics line, available for purchase and download today on the PlayStation Network.

THere isn't really much else we can say. It's Final Fantasy VII. And you can purchase it today on the PlayStation Store. As we are in the middle of the Sony press conference at the moment we can't exactly check, but it's either up now or will be soon. Go play!

From Kotaku, edited to remove a spoiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
What new XMB things did you want?

Well, I expected SOMETHING. They didnt even mention the XMB, where as MS added in loads of new things - really innovative and keeping the console fresh.

I'm fairly impartial to both consoles these days - I dont have the time to favour one! Just saying that they COULD have added in some new stuff - the rumoured Spotify, perhaps a Flickr integration, in-game chat, cross-game invites.

Home is never going to work properly until it becomes the PS3 OS and we boot straight into it. I dont want to have to go to the option, load it in, wait a minute for it to boot, then wait 5 mins whilst the latest patches are applied - just to see none of my friends are online anyways and I have to quit out to play a game.

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

SCEE

Categorised the PS Store

THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END PPL!!!

SCEE seem to be actually working!!!

Solid conference. Great news about Agent and Final Fantasy XIV. Uncharted 2 (im in the beta yay), God of War III and MAG all look fantastic. The motion controller looks good and far more precise than the Wii but the tech demos were uninspiring. The best thing about the show by far was The Last Guardian. Fumito Ueda is one of the best developers ever and his games are artistic masterpieces. Im sure this will be too. Also GT5! WOOO DAMAGE, WRC AND NASCAR!

They'll be more stuff at GamesCon. (online multiplayer for Singstar please Sony!)

MS and Sony both had strong showings in terms of software and tech. Sony edges for me because of ModNation.

E3 is back to its usual self again.

My only dissapointment is the no show of the SSX game, there's always GamesCon though.

I'm sure I saw a glimpse of damage in the GT5 trailer...

Last edited:
Well MS offered Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Last.fm, Splinter Cell, Forza 3, Natal, Facebook and Twitter.

Sony offered MAG, Uncharted 2, the dildo with the bulb and the Modnation Racers game. Where was the GT5 footage? Where was the Eyetoy Pet game/thing? Where's the XMB voice chat? Where's any specific PS Store improvements?

If I didn't have a console and bought one based on those shows, Sony wouldn't have a remote chance.

That's shit though mate. I can already do that from not only my PS3 but also my Wii. All MS are trying to do was compensate for the lack of a web browser.

I was disappointed in the fact that there was no firmware announcement. I was expecting a big bang with them saying cross voice/video chat and other new features will be available in a new firmware update TODAY! But alas that never happened.

Overall though Sony have a far more solid 09 lineup than MS. Apart from Forza 3 there is nothing else that I desperately want since Alan Wake is only out in 2010.

I like the way MS presented their Wiimitation better

But I can actually see the PS3 controller being in REAL games, like kilzone, COD, God of wars etc..

Just happy the two companies are offering to types of experiences

WE the gamers WIN!!!

I refused to watch the GT5 trailer or presentation but I hear there is DAMAGE!!!!

I bought a PS3 bcos Prologue came out but it was just meh, Now the KING is back, Forza pls take a sit

That's shit though mate. I can already do that from not only my PS3 but also my Wii. All MS are trying to do was compensate for the lack of a web browser.

True but I'd rather use Last.fm, FB and Twitter in their own apps than tool around on a web browser. Just far more convenient in my opinion :)

So, what games are coming in 2009 for the 360 and PS3? Seems most were 2010?

Bingo-Dabber-LY-B140-.jpg

Special Edition :)

Well thats the end of the major press conferences. My overall ranking for best conferences is as following:

1) Sony - The games on show looked great. GT5, Agent, Final Fantasy XIV, God of War III, Uncharted 2, MAG and The Last Guardian were what sealed the deal.

2) Microsoft - A very, very close second. Forza Motorsport 3 and Alan Wake both looked fantastic. Project Natal has huge potential if its applied properly.

3) Nintendo - Better than last year but thats not saying much. New Super Mario Bros was the highlight of the show.

They showed GT5 at the end in that trailer, the eye pet game was briefly shown in that collection of games for 09 video.

I don;t think E3 is the place to announce a new XMB or store things. Consoles are about games first and foremost. XMB features can come some other time.

I don't want XMB voice chat, I'm satisfied with the text chat, its great for BAP.

PS Store has been refreshed, looks cool.

Home is never going to work properly until it becomes the PS3 OS and we boot straight into it. I dont want to have to go to the option, load it in, wait a minute for it to boot, then wait 5 mins whilst the latest patches are applied - just to see none of my friends are online anyways and I have to quit out to play a game.

You can see if your friends are in home or not without booting up home just by looking at their name on your friends list.

I don't want XMB voice chat, I'm satisfied with the text chat, its great for BAP.

PS Store has been refreshed, looks cool.

They need to make it so if you have a keyboard plugged in ready to use you can just type away and it will work with the text XMB chat rather than having to hit the PS button on your pad, type hit enter then ps button back into the game.

I like the way MS presented their Wiimitation better

But I can actually see the PS3 controller being in REAL games, like kilzone, COD, God of wars etc..

From how it looks, it looks like sony have built a wii into the machine. It almost played identical to how the Wii works which would mean any games on the wii that are 3rd party could be ported over to this.

Last edited:
Well thats the end of the major press conferences. My overall ranking for best conferences is as following:

1) Sony - The games on show looked great. GT5, Agent, Final Fantasy XIV, God of War III, Uncharted 2, MAG and The Last Guardian were what sealed the deal.

2) Microsoft - A very, very close second. Forza Motorsport 3 and Alan Wake both looked fantastic. Project Natal has huge potential if its applied properly.

3) Nintendo - Better than last year but thats not saying much. New Super Mario Bros was the highlight of the show.

New Super Mario really? Do you mean galaxy or that stuff or just new super mario bros game?

From how it looks, it looks like sony have built a wii into the machine. It almost played identical to how the Wii works which would mean any games on the wii that are 3rd party could be ported over to this.

How many good wii games are there though?

Surprised they didn't show Heavy Rain.

How many good wii games are there though?

Well that's true... I'm pretty sure someone will make a Wii Sports style game for the ps3 with it and they could still offer us motion control like in Tiger Woods but with PS3 graphics or for Virtua Tennis games along with the option for normal control.

Back
Top Bottom