eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a matter of taste, I guess, as I fully agree with him but I also respect other people's opinion if they think PES' graphics and animations are better.

I think FIFA has way superior graphics and presentations, but PES has way better and natural players movements in general. In FIFA, you need just 5 seconds to see simple dribbling with turning and pass how unnatural and cringe looks. I always will give PES 2018 like the best example of natural and smooth looking animation, movements transition in football games. There is no other game like that.

the same cutscenes where Messi is the same height as Pique, the same body shape and now with bonus ugly baggy shirts. Hmm that realism!
I remember when this was only a FIFA thing back in the day, and their fans wished they were correct heights like PES.

I don't play any other videogame aside from PES2019 but I fully agree with you.
The face and body models in FIFA aren't as good as PES but I always thought Fifa's graphics is easier on the eyes and their animations are better.
FIFA's graphics and animation also have a "premium" feel to it. It doesn't look cheap.

Fifa has thousands more animations and smoother transitions, one of the main reasons is because they use a lot more the ragdoll procedural system to join all, not only on impacts. Pes only uses ragdoll in legs for collisions. The animation library for motion its preset.

Pes animations look a loot better in terms of realistic motion. But, there are a lot less, and has dead frames in transitions.

Also, the overall compositing of the scene its better in Fifa. It's more cohesive. Pes has a ultrarealistic lighting in some parts in others not. Pes hasn't any post filter that could merge better the scence. PES 2019 turf texture hurt the eyes and feels as a separate entity. These stuff affects to the animation feeling sensibility

Fifa has thousands more animations and smoother transitions, one of the main reasons is because they use a lot more the ragdoll procedural system to join all, not only on impacts. Pes only uses ragdoll in legs for collisions. The animation library for motion its preset.

Pes animations look a loot better in terms of realistic motion. But, there are a lot less, and has dead frames in transitions.

Also, the overall compositing of the scene its better in Fifa. It's more cohesive. Pes has a ultrarealistic lighting in some parts in others not. Pes hasn't any post filter that could merge better the scence. PES 2019 turf texture hurt the eyes and feels as a separate entity. These stuff affects to the animation feeling sensibility
Agree, the problem with Fifa animations is, they are ugly.

Yeah I agree, faces should be the last thing Konami focus on.

But you see it all over the Official PES Twitter. “Fix Son’s face!” “OMG Neymar’s face is amazing!”

It’s so weird. I wouldn’t care if they had faces like the enemies in Golden Eye on N64. FIX THE DAMN REPETITIVE GAMEPLAY!

I dont think anyones lying when they say things like fifa has 3 x more fluid animations etc. If its what u believe, its what u believe, ..personal taste. I do agree that the latest fifa's do have way more animations (though for me, not the correct necessary ones) and way more professional n polished presentation. But when looking purely at animations and how the game looks to on the television, its hard to argue that fifa looks more natural and realistic animation wise - when the player physics (player models) are way off. The elongated limbs adversely affect how the running animations actually look, let alone other aspects of animations. I think fifa went overboard on increasing the number/variations of animations before getting the core/key animations and player models to first look reasonable. Interesting point though - i got my girlfriend (who knows nothing about football but often sits watching tv games with me) watch some clips of both pes20 and fifa20(trailer clips and best vids i could find)/fifa19, and she thinks pes20 is the closest to looking like a real life tv game....

...she did mention how open pes2020 was though, particularly through the middle. Good pickup...

Yeah I agree, faces should be the last thing Konami focus on.

But you see it all over the Official PES Twitter. “Fix Son’s face!” “OMG Neymar’s face is amazing!”

It’s so weird. I wouldn’t care if they had faces like the enemies in Golden Eye on N64. FIX THE DAMN REPETITIVE GAMEPLAY!

I noticed throughout the year some boy responded to nearly every official tweet asking them to update Son's face and hair. Can't get my head around it.

I hope they keep working on the kits, they are way too baggy, tight them up, it needs to be much slimmer.

Actually, in this sence the game provides a much-needed alternative to reality. I hate those tight, narrow kits they use now :PUKE:

But ideally, there should be options to have completely different styles for kits. Right now the "classic" teams don't even look classic, because the uniforms were way different in other eras.

Last edited:
A little off-topic, but anyway.
I was very excited when I first saw PES2020 E3 videos and can't understand people saying that is is very similar to PES2019 because for me it looked much better. Collisions, tackles, dribble and feints - I never saw something similar in PES2019 at all...
But I recently discovered PES2019 as completely new game for me in a good way. And you know why?... Because probably I have was playing it with a bit broken gamepad. I decided to change my almost 10 years old Xbox360 gamepad that I had been using to play the games on PC, to something new, to be prepared for new games. Gamepad arrived and I tested it on PES2019 first. And I was positively shocked. Everything started to work properly for me: players switching, sending teammates to a run, tackles, feints etc., and responsiveness is simply amazing. I have never enjoyed PES so much as for the latest week.
I tested my old gamepad in Windows properties screen and noticed that all my analog sticks as well as triggers not returning to a "zero" point when releasing them. Probably this was the reason of all bad things.
I feel I have lost 1 or even more years for playing PES with bad controller.

The morale. Guys, pls be sure that your gamepads are working perfectly before judging the game.

A little off-topic, but anyway.
I was very excited when I first saw PES2020 E3 videos and can't understand people saying that is is very similar to PES2019 because for me it looked much better. Collisions, tackles, dribble and feints - I never saw something similar in PES2019 at all...
But I recently discovered PES2019 as completely new game for me in a good way. And you know why?... Because probably I have was playing it with a bit broken gamepad. I decided to change my almost 10 years old Xbox360 gamepad that I had been using to play the games on PC, to something new, to be prepared for new games. Gamepad arrived and I tested it on PES2019 first. And I was positively shocked. Everything started to work properly for me: players switching, sending teammates to a run, tackles, feints etc., and responsiveness is simply amazing. I have never enjoyed PES so much as for the latest week.
I tested my old gamepad in Windows properties screen and noticed that all my analog sticks as well as triggers not returning to a "zero" point when releasing them. Probably this was the reason of all bad things.
I feel I have lost 1 or even more years for playing PES with bad controller.

The morale. Guys, pls be sure that your gamepads are working perfectly before judging the game.

Fighting your controller to play PES is probably what broke it in the first place.

I, er. Is that real?

It can't be? Is it from an older game?

If not, how can they possibly show the "face scans" off and then, in-game, they look like this, with mouths like manholes?

The face-scans simply aren't real, it's clearly the data they've captured but NOT what appears in-game. Maybe 2021 (or 2022) will look like that but it won't this year.
Yeah, it's real :II

around 3:50 here

2 points having seen this vid up to 6 min mark

1. miskicks is something new? surely that's something already implemented by changing your shot assist level???

2. Batistuta route one AI goal ----- this is something different from PES 2019???

if you've already got 2019, PES 2020 looks like its bringing very very little new to the table.

2 points having seen this vid up to 6 min mark

1. miskicks is something new? surely that's something already implemented by changing your shot assist level???

2. Batistuta route one AI goal ----- this is something different from PES 2019???

if you've already got 2019, PES 2020 looks like its bringing very very little new to the table.
I agree, but if the guy who made the video says it ouright, he probably won't get to play the game early next year :LOL:

Lot less excited now after watching this. Müller playing a silly back-flip right after kick off, Bayern goals boring as shit (and in no way any different from 2019), AI goal ridiculous (not the kick itself, but Kahn’s precise downfield pass - which means these things are again not subject to stats, because while he was a great goal keeper, he was probably one of the worst footballers of all time).

Pitch looks bad and Müller seems to have celebrated his 54th birthday by the look of it. Also seems like some of these chances were scripted to go wide again to keep the scoreline within a realistic bracket. And then he mentions that headers have been nerfed... Oh my...

They spoil all " Secrets " new teams with PES LEGENDS. Kahn = Bayern, Park = Man U, logical is Nedved is to be part of Juve, Maradona = Napoli, Toti = Roma, Batistuta = Fiorentina ..can be ANY of this LEGENDS team.

Look at PR. If Juve sign agreement partnership with PES and Ronaldo& Messi will be on the cover sales grow up. I have no doubt. For many kids it will be huge. Two the best and most popular players on the Pro Evolution Soccer cover.

Last edited:
Lot less excited now after watching this. Müller playing a silly back-flip right after kick off, Bayern goals boring as shit (and in no way any different from 2019), AI goal ridiculous (not the kick itself, but Kahn’s precise downfield pass - which means these things are again not subject to stats, because while he was a great goal keeper, he was probably one of the worst footballers of all time).

Pitch looks bad and Müller seems to have celebrated his 54th birthday by the look of it. Also seems like some of these chances were scripted to go wide again to keep the scoreline within a realistic bracket. And then he mentions that headers have been nerfed... Oh my...

Lost me when he said there's a new feature... miskicks. New feature? They were in the game the best part of 20 years ago. It was called being based on the players stats. Now, it's great that they are at least adding these things back in but as I think @Chris Davies said I bet it's not based on stats.

You'd think so but PES doesn't have a simple assist level system. It has basic, advanced and manual.

Basic being obviously assisted heavily, advanced is then an entirely different shooting mechanic and then you have manual.

So if you don't like advanced, which I find poorly implemented and clunky, then you're left with heavy assisted or completely manual. Absolutely zero middle ground for the traditional shooting mechanic.

Shooting is the worst thing about PES for me. Needs a total rework from the ground up. Scrap it and start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom