eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

This AI passing backwards between the defenders when losing is ridiculous and needs to be patched immediately. What's the point of playing if your opponent isn't even trying to win. Absolute shambles in this day and age

I love how stamina is crucial.. i start game slow not preasing too much and let cpu gets tired ( 2 defensive 2 counter attack advanced instructions) then on 60 i make 3 subs and start gegen press and put aggresiveness up .. ong latest 30 min is nightmare for tired cpu players against my super fresh squad.. i create a lot chances after 60

Konami made a great job on 1.4
Here is a new wish list for 1.5;
  • Loose balls reaction:became great but a lil more we want especialy on offence
  • AI reacting to feints and skill moves: they have to react more...
  • Finese dribbling: make it quicker to be useful
  • Fouls and collisions: still a lot room to improve
  • Ai not tracking players on throw ins
  • Gk s punch crosses a lot even when crossea are easy to catch.

You have to be connected to Konami servers, otherwise it will not let you import/export anything. You will be getting error message saying that your sub account needs to be verified. And you will not be able to connect unless you are on current version and online. Even manual import doesnt work. Trust me - we tried.
Thank you very much for clarification! Oh man, what a shame! 🙄 So, it's not even an option for me to buy the PS4 version and just play with V1.0 because I want to play ML and have licenced teams of course.

Back here after a long session of online yesterday.

At first, the disaster continued. Complete idiots were getting three, four goals past me and I felt like tied to a pole or imprisoned in jail whatever. Got dropped to D9. I looked into EU teams and picked Italy again. This time instead of fiddling with tactics myself I went to simple options, set myself to wide attack defensive and had a go at that bitch again.

Something happened again. Please god i hope its not some sort of online scripts or anything like this, please! I want to improve legitimately. I honestly want to try and become a good player. Did the konami switch flick the other way again?

I haven't lost for like 15 games I think. Got out of D9 as quick as I've fallen and then skyrocketed near to the D7 promotion zone. Beaten several 600s and 700s rated players, even got a message from one of them saying this game's shit and 19 is better :BOUNCE: im like ok bro! did you know there are more buttons than X and R1 on the controller!!! juve n00bs man, Juve n00bs, how was he 750 rated?? Besides who the fuck plays Jubentus, they all think cr7 is best player in the game and they are WRONG, best PES player is CIRO MOTHER FUCKING IMMOBILE he's literally a reincarnation of PES 6 Adriano, exactly the type of player I needed in this game! Has to be my favourite so far and I only had him for one day!

I spend all my games on blue, or -1, or whatever mentality (Defensive), absorb the damage and either play wide thru Freddy Chiesa who's another bag of fuck you to defenders or AMF, usually Bernie, and then to Ciro, and then you are dead and bodied. It's not a super realistic football no, but it works?

Still amazed by technical side of things. Only one laggy af game yesterday. Wish there was less waiting, but it's still miles better than I'm used to...functional PES online? Yeah for the first time ever.

Then again, I had a very depressing thought yesterday...I miss PES 6, I miss PES 3. I miss longshots, I miss extraordinary variety in shooting, and PES 6 online which I've only played a bit was still funnier...I still intend to continue but I really, really wish I could play PS2 PES right about now :(

I also think you should play online https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/ps4-online-play-maybe-a-competition-for-evo-web-people.81285/ i really do!

As a funny bonus here is some very big wisdom found online yesterday...

JPEG_20191026_223743.jpg

See you online :D

Anyone here don't enjoy the locked in animation? Especially when the defender makes a slow motion tackle and the dribbler is locked in and there is never a chance to recover from the tackle. It wasn't there in demo and I hope that gets fixed on the next patch. Other than that I am still enjoying the game.
I don't think this is considered a "flaw" by the developers. It is just one of CPU AI tools to steal you the ball and make the game more "challenging". If yoy pay attention, while you are locked, even if you press R2 to jump (if it still works), your player gets trapped and ALSO the ball in magnetically attracted to the CPU defender, in the same timing he is getting up from the ground.

Konami made a great job on 1.4
Here is a new wish list for 1.5;
  • Loose balls reaction:became great but a lil more we want especialy on offence
  • AI reacting to feints and skill moves: they have to react more...
  • Finese dribbling: make it quicker to be useful
  • Fouls and collisions: still a lot room to improve
  • Ai not tracking players on throw ins
  • Gk s punch crosses a lot even when crossea are easy to catch.
you want the ai to react more while you also want finesse dribbling to become useful?

Go to System and under automatic downloads, uncheck application update files. If you want to go further, go to power save settings and under features in rest mode, uncheck stay connected to the internet (if you like keeping your PS4 in rest mode).
Thanks but then me other apps wont be updated as well right?

For those playing ML - go and renew contracts for all players you want to keep. I never really bothered with this till the end of the season. Neither was I rejecting offers straight away, since negotiations were broken down if you didnt accept them.
Yesterday, out of curiosity, I went to my team negotiations page and noticed that 5 of my players are leaving at the end of this season, all agreed, no options to stop it. Reason - "player decided to move coz he didnt receive contract renewal." Im not even mid way of summer half..
Would be nice if they gave me some sort of a message that they are unhappy. Mail, txt, poo in the car..
Anyway - another two dont want to stay coz they are subs and are unhappy. With my amazing salary budget of 100k it looks like there will be plenty of space on my bench next season..

In general - not a big fan of having to look for any news. Like injuries, team of the month. They used to pop up on the main screen between matches. Now you need to go and look for them. Im not used to so much effort as a ML manager.. :LOL:

Seen an odd thing.
Playing in CL as Atletico Madrid v PSG and won first leg at home 2-1.
In the 2nd leg PSG had Mbappe and Neymar on the bench? They only came on after I nabbed a 83rd goal to make it 3-1 on agg.
Odd.

For those playing ML - go and renew contracts for all players you want to keep. I never really bothered with this till the end of the season. Neither was I rejecting offers straight away, since negotiations were broken down if you didnt accept them.
Yesterday, out of curiosity, I went to my team negotiations page and noticed that 5 of my players are leaving at the end of this season, all agreed, no options to stop it. Reason - "player decided to move coz he didnt receive contract renewal." Im not even mid way of summer half..
Would be nice if they gave me some sort of a message that they are unhappy. Mail, txt, poo in the car..
Anyway - another two dont want to stay coz they are subs and are unhappy. With my amazing salary budget of 100k it looks like there will be plenty of space on my bench next season..

In general - not a big fan of having to look for any news. Like injuries, team of the month. They used to pop up on the main screen between matches. Now you need to go and look for them. Im not used to so much effort as a ML manager.. :LOL:
When you see the blimp in your newsfeed tabs/manager tab, press :triangle: and the messages screen shows up. Pop-ups were much better to be honest, but....

Some free agent fixes as of 27/10/2019, most for EUROPE and BRAZIL , after the latest DP and LU.

Note: Brazil Serie A seems that got the "special treatment" again. Some teams have up-to-date rosters, others are updated up to last August, others had players removed but not added the new signings!!

Attachments

• My LIVE UPDATE fix 27.10.19.pdf
    568.5 KB · Views: 68
Yes. There's a junior club in my village that goes by that name. Badge is theirs as well.
Kits I created myself, with my favourite whisky - Bushmills, as a sponsor. :LOL:
I edited Barnsley - weakest team from Championship, but I didnt change any player stats. Just names. Edited all player names, so their names are being called by commentator. Picked some irish sounding names, few of my mates names too. My coach is an Indian mate from work, coz he's a real workhorse. :LOL:
Im having much more fun with this team than I thought I will, haha!

I like the sound of this Emroth! Sounds funny. For our (now sadly infrequent) PES nights I create myself and my mates and put us in the England team to win the world cup. Annoyingly, and for no good god damn reason, 2 years ago Konami removed my name from the game despite there being many in-game players with the same name.

I want ai to react to feints we do... when u make a body feint, flip flap or fake shot ai has to make a reaction to your move that you can skip pass him
I think the AI is reading your controller input, not your players animations. You can only sneak up on them, only when you do something really unexpected, that the CPU algorithm would not predict, like stoping for a stepover, when running on full speed for one-on-one with the keeer and the CPu CB tackles you down, cause it expected to do a shot,cross, simple dribble, something "unnatural" at general etc, etc...

Last edited:
Alright m8eys

Some ramblings on the game post patch.. I have played exclusively online since the patch.

The biggest problem is still not getting penalties. I find myself infuriated by the amount of times that I am blatantly fouled/ chopped down/ manslaughtered in the box and no foul is given. It is ridiculous.
I appreciate that from the devs point of view it is a delicate line because nobody wants a game with 5 penalties a match but this should be their absolute number one priority moving forward with PES, sort the bloody refereeing out and stop allowing a culture of unpunished fouling.

2nd man press has been heavily nerfed and for the better

Player switching and loose ball shenanigans have improved but still flaws like when the player that you had previously switched from thinks he's still has the cursor and he ploughed after the ball in a zombie like state and gets in the way of the player that now has the cursor. Often ends up in a clusterbomb and losing the ball.

Dribbling has improved and players van now actually get past defenders with some trickery BUT still behind previous years which isn't good enough imo. We should never be going backwards

Shots are still a bit meh imo. Too many just wides, too few longshots hitting the target. Please bring shooting back to its glory before too long

I like the sound of this Emroth! Sounds funny. For our (now sadly infrequent) PES nights I create myself and my mates and put us in the England team to win the world cup. Annoyingly, and for no good god damn reason, 2 years ago Konami removed my name from the game despite there being many in-game players with the same name.
Yes, names being called are defo one of the biggest pros of my 'operation'. As I usually start ML with average/poor team - its so annoying to have 'mute' matches, not hearing any names.
I should have played around with faces too, as most of the players look diabolical, but I just didnt have patience for it anymore.
Edit mode could really use bigger database when it comes to names and cities tho.
Another big part of picking ML for me are kits. Creating my own saved me a lot of hassle. Now I can enjoy every kit, not just liking one and hating the away one for example..
Edit mode is not overly impressive, but with a bit of patience its possible to create something enjoyable. Even my edited Sports Park stadium with custom nets, seats and banners doesnt look too bad. ;)

I think the AI is reading your controller input, not your players animations. You can only sneak up on them, only when you do something really unexpected
Not sure about that one, pal. I think it reads animations, but it seems like input, coz animations are so unresponsive and delayed. If dribbling and skills were more responsive and defending tackles weren't so overpowered - it wouldnt have time to react.
The reasoning behind me thinking its animations rather than input is left stick, which is much more responsive. And with left stick dribbling its reasonably easy to win 1on1's.

I think the AI is reading your controller input, not your players animations. You can only sneak up on them, only when you do something really unexpected, that the CPU algorithm would not predict, like stoping for a stepover, when running on full speed for one-on-one with the keeer and the CPu CB tackles you down, cause it expected to do a shot,cross, simple dribble, something "unnatural" at general etc, etc...

Yes, they probably have to change the game logic as well. If they make more animations to the result of the dribbling attempt for a particular skill, things like the position of the two players, inertia, stats, fatigue and some randomness could be used to trigger one of these animations, either being able to past by the defender or losing the ball.

It sounds wonderful that players can finally become unhappy! Seems like another layer of depth.

CPU never react to tricks on any PES ever. The only trick it bought is fake shot and this was never a problem. Sometimes I saw it falls for some no touch dribble, flicking the L stick and thats fine to me. As I know konami, if they try to do more than that, the game will became a street football. They always exagerate on "tweks".

my classic teams for pes 2020 (PS4) :D
(download links updated and new Konami legends added although they are not in the videos)

classic Argentina
detail and download:

classic Brazil
detail and download:

classic Italy
detail and download:

classic England
detail and download:

classic France
detail and download:

classic Spain
detail and download:
https://youtu.be/sv0rV6k7p60

classic Germany
detail and download:
https://youtu.be/vIsa7mBl4oI

classic Netherlands
detail and download:
https://youtu.be/773CqttLXo8

download all together:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lpojm78z38zquqz/classic_national_teams_by_aliheidari2520.zip/file
links for download a single team is in below of each video (if you open it in a new tab)

Last edited:
my classic teams for pes 2020 (PS4) :D

classic Argentina
detail and download:

classic Brazil
detail and download:

classic Italy
detail and download:

classic England
detail and download:

classic France
detail and download:

classic Spain
detail and download:
https://youtu.be/sv0rV6k7p60

classic Germany
detail and download:
https://youtu.be/vIsa7mBl4oI

classic Netherlands
detail and download:
https://youtu.be/773CqttLXo8

download all together:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lpojm78z38zquqz/classic_national_teams_by_aliheidari2520.zip/file
links for download a single team is in below of each video (if you open it in a new tab)
Man, i really like those 1990 Germany kits!!
And Beckenbauers „hair cut“ is awesome!! :D
Great work, mate!! On all of it!
BTW: it’s R. Völler (R for Rudi/Rudolf)

I want ai to react to feints we do... when u make a body feint, flip flap or fake shot ai has to make a reaction to your move that you can skip pass him
CPU never react to tricks on any PES ever. The only trick it bought is fake shot and this was never a problem. Sometimes I saw it falls for some no touch dribble, flicking the L stick and thats fine to me. As I know konami, if they try to do more than that, the game will became a street football. They always exagerate on "tweks".

As you say, they certainly will sometimes react to fake shot/cross. Not always (which seemed to be the case last year), but sometimes and when it makes sense.

However, you don't necessarily WANT the AI to react to other tricks. When you watch/play real football you'll see most tricks do one of three things.

1. Make the defender delay a tackle through caution/indecision.
2. Draw a foul as the defender tackles where they thought the ball would be and finds the attacker instead.
3. Moves the ball and player to an unexpected location; meaning you beat the defender.

These all do happen in this years PES. 3 is rarer (as it is in real football), 1 doesn't happen often enough and 2 is the most prevalent. I think the 1 should really happen a little more often, but I don't see skills being hard to make effective as a major issue.

I remember a PES where every heel flick behind your body over your head worked. It was ridiculous. A PES where the defender would always fall for the jink and burst out wide (Attacking right, RS down and LS right straight after and then double tap sprint. The worst I remember was in Fifa one year where you simply could win the ball if your opponent did a Marseille turn (turned or you foul). Thank god PES has never done this. I don't want guaranteed success manoeuvres. I want flashy things to be high risk/reward and the less flashy, safer things giving less reward. This is certainly how it stands in PES this year and I wouldn't want that broken.

As you say, they certainly will sometimes react to fake shot/cross. Not always (which seemed to be the case last year), but sometimes and when it makes sense.

However, you don't necessarily WANT the AI to react to other tricks. When you watch/play real football you'll see most tricks do one of three things.

1. Make the defender delay a tackle through caution/indecision.
2. Draw a foul as the defender tackles where they thought the ball would be and finds the attacker instead.
3. Moves the ball and player to an unexpected location; meaning you beat the defender.

These all do happen in this years PES. 3 is rarer (as it is in real football), 1 doesn't happen often enough and 2 is the most prevalent. I think the 1 should really happen a little more often, but I don't see skills being hard to make effective as a major issue.

I remember a PES where every heel flick behind your body over your head worked. It was ridiculous. A PES where the defender would always fall for the jink and burst out wide (Attacking right, RS down and LS right straight after and then double tap sprint. The worst I remember was in Fifa one year where you simply could win the ball if your opponent did a Marseille turn (turned or you foul). Thank god PES has never done this. I don't want guaranteed success manoeuvres. I want flashy things to be high risk/reward and the less flashy, safer things giving less reward. This is certainly how it stands in PES this year and I wouldn't want that broken.
Agree.
Having said that - it would be nice to be able to...use tricks. As it stands - its a liability. You want to do simple right stick dribble and in a lot of cases it almost equals giving the ball away. I dont need AI to fall over their own legs when they see me doing a simple step over, but it would be nice to do a simple step over every now and again.. :LOL:
That mainly relates to your first point and what you said about it.

Back
Top Bottom