eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Here's a little tip - If you plan on changing a team's tactics/formation when you start a new Master League, make sure you change it in edit mode before setting up your ML - it can negate the drop in Team spirit.

how can I make a player fit a team tactic more? I can't see what the players preferred tactics are in edit mode for ML purposes....if i recall you could do this in MyClub (2018).

Last edited:
Even though I don't play this game every day, too busy being obsessed with Division 2,it still plays great every time I do.
League Mode TP 20 min PA0 with Lecce.
Really enjoying balancing above the relegation zone atm.
Two games tonight
Parma 0-0 Lecce
Lecce 1-0 Sampdoria (90+1 winner)
Think I'll stick with this even after the patch (though I'll restart as usuall).
League mode has made my football game(s) fun again.

I see the majority of managers are uneditable in serie A. makes me think serie A could be the best league to play pes.

I'll prob gives Napoli an ML run after the patch drops seeing as I can build a team around Llorente.

in fact, i think serie A is the best on xb1 cos a lot of the badges/kits are there (in contrast to EPL)- lovely

Last edited:
I see the majority of managers are uneditable in serie A. makes me think serie A could be the best league to play pes.

I'll prob gives Napoli an ML run after the patch drops seeing as I can build a team around Llorente.

in fact, i think serie A is the best on xb1 cos a lot of the badges/kits are there (in contrast to EPL)- lovely
Agreeing mate,it's a no trainer on Xbox since Serie A and B are licensed,plus a lot of Serie A like stadiums.
Napoli is a good choice.
I think I'll restart with Bologna,a lot of young players there.
Let me know what you do mate

I think the game is just too fast, even -1 game speed is too much for me. There's nothing fun about the game right now.

I hope the game speed is changed to a more realistic direction. I like the slower pace.

I've been playing on -2 since 2017. Works for me in player cam

Weird.. im now not sure if this is new or the old one..but ive been playing for a few weeks now.. auto update/internet always connected... and im sure I had latest patch/data pack.. then all of a sudden when I started yesterday, I get the downloading update message.. 1.07 im sure I saw...This was yesterday... so I assumed it was new..
My PES2020 home screen shows:
version 1.03.01 and datapack 3.01... weird stuff.. Anyone else prompted an update yesterday???

In terms of gameplay.. just seems slower heavier etc.. and slight increase of cpu error and variation. Also noticed more mishits from me and the cpu. But hey.. haven't played it enough to really pin point this.. just initial impressions have been great. Will play more today :)

Unlike my last fk up, where if thought there was an update, but in fact my ps4 went a little crazy and had deleted not only my optionfile, but also lost the most updated patch, and then reinstalled it upon starting my ps4… now... as of an hour ago, I just downloaded the new update where my opening screen now shows:

Version 1.04 and datapack 4.0
So yes, finally a new update and datapack. Ive only played 5mins in free training etc, and all I know is that there are no new stadiums, just a new ball (his vis version of the ligue 1 Uhlsport Elysia Hexagon ball, which is cool), and I guess new faces and boots. Was really hoping for a new stadium or 2, and particularly some gameplay changes (which im not sure about as I haven't had a game yet). The size of the download was about 800mb. Cheers

I got new update. Are there January transfers at all?? Eriksen, Rose and Walker-Peters are still Spurs and that loan player Gedson Fernandes aren't squad!!?? Konami rules :D

A new Update File (Data Pack 4.00 & Patch 1.04.00) was released on 13/02/2020.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・New season data for Campeonato Brasileiro (Brazil) implemented. Includes league promotions and relegations.
・New season data for TOYOTA Thai League implemented. Includes league promotions and relegations.
・New/updated Strips
・New/updated media backdrops
・New/updated face models
・New/updated player portraits
・New Manager portraits
・New boot models
・New ball designs
・New Goal Celebrations

■ Other Changes
myClub
・Default Condition Rating for Legend players set to 'B'.
・Added the option to select strips from squads that you have purchased in myClub.

Matchday
・Those who compete in Grand Finals will now receive a 'Representative Reward' in addition to the 'Grand Final Reward'.

■ Fixes
・An issue that prevented you from selecting certain leagues in Random Selection Matches when filtering players by league.
・An issue that caused player models to disappear from the pre-match menu when using a strips created by importing image data through Edit mode.
・An issue that causes the Weekly Point screen to appear after certain Matchday Grand Finals. Ordinarily, Weekly Point totals should not change after Grand Finals.
・An issue where the incorrect team is displayed for Featured Players in certain locations. Currently, the Team Emblem displayed on each Featured Player's player card is indicative of their actual team.

■ Gameplay Adjustments
Fixes
・An issue that causes CBs with the 'Build Up' Playing Style to fall back to the friendly penalty box when your team is in possession of the ball.
・An issue which sometimes causes passes kicked with a full power gauge to fall short of their target when using Manual Controls.
・An issue that results in commands being issued to the wrong player during penalty shoot-outs in Team Play Lobby matches.
・An issue that sometimes causes players assigned to different positions in the COM's squad formation to overlap.

■ Other Updates
A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2020-11458

Legends :

- Puyol
- I. Cordoba
- S. Given
- R. Keane
- R. Van Der Vaart
- C. Chivu
- J. Koller
- F. Inzaghi
- F. Lampard
- R. Giggs
- A. Pirlo
- M. Owen
- Guardiola
- Morientes
- D. Irwin
- Elber
- D. Law
- G. Bergomi
- B. Robson
- S. Nakamura
- F. Rijkaard
- M. Van Basten
- Guti

Zlatan goal celebration (L3)

Last edited:
I got new update. Are there January transfers at all?? Eriksen, Rose and Walker-Peters are still Spurs and that loan player Gedson Fernandes aren't squad!!?? Konami rules :D
Have you applied the Live Update after Datapack?

APPLY IT and he will be normally to INTER.

Last edited:
Last few weeks I'd gone cold on pes 2020.
1. I thought the last patch had made the game feel dull, clunky, sanitised and more rigid. It had also dumbed down the balls out fun attacking AI introduced by the previous patch which had maybe made the game a bit arcade.
2. I have really been enjoying fifa 20 and all its freedom and randomness.

I played two matchups before downloading patch which just confirmed how tired and bored i was of pes. Especially after fifa it just felt so dull and binary.

Played same two matchups after patch and I'm sort of back on board with pes.

The ball physics feel softer looser and freer, much closer to 1.00 and a couple other patches that have come and gone. (One patch seems to make them rigid, the next free and soft again).

The ball physics also feel much more alive for ground passes, which had felt so stale after fifa. Ground passes run a little more and have a more obvious change in speed. They have a rhythm, rather than just flat speed like in last patch.

Also in step curling long passes feel much less rigid (always a good testing benchmark for the feeling of rails in pes I find).

The game feels more alive, messier, theres more contact and more players around the ball.

Attacking teammate AI more varied too, espcially playing with liverpool vs Leicester pre and post patch. Very obvious.

It's just more alive and free, and soft.

There seems to be a real pattern with pes patches this year. They work on something. It then gets neutered in the next patch. And then in the patch after that, it returns in polished form.

All very subtle, but all very obvious if you've been quite bored of pes.

I like this patch ball feels heavier, aggression is back, space is less and AI more varied. AI tried an 18 yard volley and sliced it which I've never seen before and won the match with this goal. They also have better game management when winning. Playing ball back, then long to waste time

I like this patch ball feels heavier, aggression is back, space is less and AI more varied. AI tried an 18 yard volley and sliced it which I've never seen before and won the match with this goal. They also have better game management when winning. Playing ball back, then long to waste time

Is this your camera setting?
I AM STILL HERE. Ready to give it a serious go in Master League.#IZBACK

What can I say? Second match after the latest patch:

Saved some nice incidents on video tonight. :D

After only 3 matches... In short: another patch that adds, not the opposite, imo. :TU:

Fernandinho? That's about right :D. Good looking penalty. In years past, the defender would just phase through the attacker and clear it with ease.

What mode? Difficulty? Game speed?

Just noticed that most matches on ML schedule are either Friday or Tuesday. Also in KONAMI's universe February of 2020 lasts 28 days. :SHOCK:

Attachments

• 20200213_223423.jpg
    20200213_223423.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
.. This new patch definitely feels good. Most noticeable improvement for me after playn a handful of games is the improvement in passing. Just feels n looks more natural.. More fizz with the ground balls n it seems the ball physics have inproved in a more realistic way. More outcomes as well. Hard to explain, but passing and ball physics seem ever so slightly more enjoyable n realistic than previous patch. Definitely noticeable.. I play full manual pass n shoot.

R2 finesse shots with full manual still not fixed.
Also played VS Barca on superstar20mins, n Messi still doesn't dribble as much as he should.

Also, just came to me, but to me it seems animations seem to look better/smoother.. What u guys think.? Just seems to look more natural as I watch this game... The touches, the off ball animations etc.

Anyways, again, a step in the right direction. So I'm happy n still think this game is the best footy Sim one can currently play. And in greatful that Konami are still working to improve this game. Unlike many here im still over the moon with this game.

Played a few League Mode games on SS,feels pretty good,prefer that difficulty to TP (so far)
Surprised that the CPU kept their passing % quite low,70-75%.
Patch has improved gameplay for sure,to early to say how much

Definitely feels improved after the patch. Not that it was on rails before but definitely some more random outcomes in general play. this is the first goal I scored:

What can I say? Second match after the latest patch:

Saved some nice incidents on video tonight. :D

After only 3 matches... In short: another patch that adds, not the opposite, imo. :TU:

Nice,

Guys we are all going to have to work together to promote this games.

Many of us old farts maybe a little unaware about how truly small PES is right now. Few people are promoting the game than ever. There's even less money within the PES ecosystem than before and its been total crashed by EA in the propaganda war.

On reddit i'm bored and tired of reading most likely newer kids or average players moan and bitch about non issues or script along with thinking online MyClub has the same gameplay flaws as offline.

Luckily I've finished all my shirts but i'm going to have to find time to heavily promote this game. PES 2020 is no perfect but its a great football game and has a number of revolutionary aspects, especially the right stick which few people understand.

Since Ricky's account got destroyed sadly, PES is now a ghost-town on Youtube with very few people playing it, promoting it and playing the game well. So many players aren't good and are so limited.

Yes i know konami have so many issues and do many things wrong but they have got the offline game right i many areas even in my i'd say rather limited time on the game compared to previous years.

Anyone on Xbox fancy some fuma sometime 1v1?? 🤷‍♂️ ggs ... gt: Mr Regista

it isn’t fixed 🙄 trust me I had it happen again last night. They’re so Konami

To be honest this has happened much rare to me. The most common issue on this was with very short passes with less than the 1/10 of the power bar, that headed astray as they were with over 50% power and your teammate who is to receive the pass, either does respond leaving the ball pass near him, or he responds but the cursor changes much slower than the ball travels.
MOST COMMON Example of this issue is when i take a close THROW IN near opponent's penalty area and i want to play the fast 1-2 after the throw in, with the throw in taker and the throw in receiver. I usually end up give the ball throw in for the opponent team, cause one of my two players does not respond on time and the ball goes much faster than it should, i use less than 10% for just a knock off.

Been waiting for the January transfer update to start another ML with the Dons. Will load the under 20s players out on loan in real life back into the squad (I like how PES retains them in their database whereas FIFA removes them) and that should be my last fling for the season.

Crazy how the update passed without any announcement on the official social media channels. They really have just given up.

Been waiting for the January transfer update to start another ML with the Dons. Will load the under 20s players out on loan in real life back into the squad (I like how PES retains them in their database whereas FIFA removes them) and that should be my last fling for the season.

Crazy how the update passed without any announcement on the official social media channels. They really have just given up.

they announced it on twitter & facebook though.

guys - remind me again please

on xb1, if I check "update club squads" and "update national squads" can I expect my manually-edited klashman tactics to remain untouched?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom