eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Fuck me,I'm going to DL the demo again,play it back 2 back Vs the full game.
Didn't play it that much then,rarely do since playing exhibition games is pretty fucking pointless,but Vs the full release,might be fun to compare or something

I think with all the 'new' gameplay accolades & awards that Pes 21 will get prior to release, they'll add so much weight onto last years award winning gameplay gold trophies I fear it'll become too heavy to pick up this yr :(

Fuck me,I'm going to DL the demo again,play it back 2 back Vs the full game.
Didn't play it that much then,rarely do since playing exhibition games is pretty fucking pointless,but Vs the full release,might be fun to compare or something
Put this in steam console download_depot 996480 996481 6564027094273353685. Sorry for Off topic.

I think with all the 'new' gameplay accolades & awards that Pes 21 will get prior to release, they'll add so much weight onto last years award winning gameplay gold trophies I fear it'll become too heavy to pick up this yr :(
The question still remains: what will be the base they are starting from for 2020?!

Oh man, how I wish they’d start with demo or vanilla gameplay from 2020.

Anything can happen. Lazy konami using 2020 DP8 gameplay or lazy Konami using 2020 vanilla gameplay. Let’s see. It’s still the roulette gif for me right now.

And btw: im getting this on disc. May it be for the collection only... ;) na, kidding. i am hoping for improvement.

Last edited:
The question still remains: what will be the base they are starting from for 2020?!

Anything can happen. Lazy konami using 2020 DP8 gameplay or lazy Konami using 2020 vanilla gameplay. Let’s see. It’s still the roulette gif for me right now.

And btw: im getting this on disc. May it be for the collection only... ;) na, kidding. i am hoping for improvement.

They will release vanilla PES 2020 gameplay for PES 2021 launch, and slowly ruin it with the same 8 patches over the next 11 months. Just to mess with all of us!! :CONF:

It will be the latest gameplay from 2020 cant imagine they will go back considering the bug fixes they have done in each patch to get to this point

I really see no reason to buy it with no gameplay changes especially on pc I can see the point of the console users who just want new kits and faces

Exactly my sentiments, as per the last page. There's no such thing as PES 2020 gameplay because there were almost 10 versions of it of varying playability. Very varied too, in my opinion, from the best football game since FIFA 16 to something barely fit to gather dust.

Whatever data pack it was a Christmas/New Year - sign me up.

It will be the latest gameplay from 2020 cant imagine they will go back considering the bug fixes they have done in each patch to get to this point

I really see no reason to buy it with no gameplay changes especially on pc I can see the point of the console users who just want new kits and faces

Yeah, I think so as well. I understand very well the desperate hope for something "different" out of this release, but I can't see a single reason for them to go back to vanilla or to some other middle datapack. Will be latest one and they'll maybe tweak things from there once in a while (surely less often than in 2020, with the supposed work for 2022 already in motion).

Put this in steam console download_depot 996480 996481 6564027094273353685. Sorry for Off topic.

Does this work for anyone? When I paste it into the steam console, it gives me the error message "Depot download failed : missing app info for 996480".

My guess there will be a few tweaks to gameplay here n there for '21, nothing major. Patches/DP's throughout the yr will just be the placebo effect as usual.

Don't care how lazy they are for '21 tbh, as I ain't buying it.
I really wanna know how lazy they are for '22 and the new engine tho. If they start porting over old code for certain gameplay elements in order to save development time, then that stuff will compound and have a knock-on effect that will last over the duration of the Unreal engine. It'll keep the game from progress as that'll be the foundation the gameplay will be moulded on for all of nextgen.
I personally don't trust Konami to build the game code from scratch. They have proven over many yrs they're focus is on the short term gains. Plus time is not on their side, they'll be looking for shortcuts all over the place imo.

A Ferrari body kit built on top of a Reliant Robin engine & chasis will still drive like a piece of shiny shit.

You're probably reffering to Datapack 4.It was the best for me also and for others here that i remember from that time.
It had a nice weighty but at the same time very fluid feel to it and the freedom of bodies and ball were spot on.
It had a feel that many different things and outcomes can happen when you play.
Then they fucked it up with dp5 and everything became more clunky and this feel of freedom was gone.
They kinda fixed it a little bit with the next datapacks but they never found that nice sweetspot again that dp4 had.
That's the problem with this datapack thing.You never know what you'll get,it's like a lottery.

At least the cover will be nice to look at. All the yearly budget went into this i guess.
Its actually depressing when you look at twitter official account.
They havent said anything about any sort of tweaks. On the contrary - they admitted it will be the same game.
And yet - their whole twitter page is littered with people asking about Club Versions of the game. A lot of people are planning to buy few versions just so they can get few Leg-ends.
So... why should they bother? They must be sitting there now, pissing themselves laughing.. people are buying the same game! Again!
And will pay, again, to fill their wiped squads with new players..
Its fucking genius.. :LOL:

They havent said anything about any sort of tweaks. On the contrary - they admitted it will be the same game.
And yet - their whole twitter page is littered with people asking about Club Versions of the game. A lot of people are planning to buy few versions just so they can get few Leg-ends.
So... why should they bother? They must be sitting there now, pissing themselves laughing.. people are buying the same game! Again!

It's almost unbelievable how gullible some people are...almost.

Here's an idea for konami for PES2022 MyClub, make it that you have to pay each time you want to use each player in a match with your MyClub team. It'll be like you have to pay them real wages...that would be awesome!

Exactly my sentiments, as per the last page. There's no such thing as PES 2020 gameplay because there were almost 10 versions of it of varying playability. Very varied too, in my opinion, from the best football game since FIFA 16 to something barely fit to gather dust.

You're probably reffering to Datapack 4.It was the best for me also and for others here that i remember from that time.
It had a nice weighty but at the same time very fluid feel to it and the freedom of bodies and ball were spot on.
It had a feel that many different things and outcomes can happen when you play.
Then they fucked it up with dp5 and everything became more clunky and this feel of freedom was gone.
They kinda fixed it a little bit with the next datapacks but they never found that nice sweetspot again that dp4 had.
That's the problem with this datapack thing.You never know what you'll get,it's like a lottery.
If you are on PC you can play with exe 1.4.0 and DLC 4.0.

Sometimes the best strategy is no strategy at all :BOP:

what!? why is 2020 rereleased!? and where!?

GTAV was released on 3 platforms though.

I would consider that a "port" rather as it was released with the same title.
Just imagine a Witcher 4 release, its the same game as the Witcher 3 but Geralt would have a different model completely and the game would have a different main menu.
Has this ever happened?

Just imagine a Witcher 4 release, its the same game as the Witcher 3 but Geralt would have a different model completely and the game would have a different main menu.
Has this ever happened?
well, i see what you mean... but i see this a bit different in regards to sports games. havent there always been only updates?! ok, from one gen to another there might have been a bigger step (or not), but to me, its all just updates in sports games for years now. sometimes it was more of a downgrade (when you think of features been scratched only to come back a year or two later).

well, i see what you mean... but i see this a bit different in regards to sports games. havent there always been only updates?! ok, from one gen to another there might have been a bigger step (or not), but to me, its all just updates in sports games for years now. sometimes it was more of a downgrade (when you think of features been scratched only to come back a year or two later).

Sure every console generation had only one FIFA and one PES and they just got updated, tweaked yearly and they reached their peak at the end of the gen.
However every year of course there was new content like leagues, modes, gameplay elements, graphical improvement.

Sure every console generation had only one FIFA and one PES and they just got updated, tweaked yearly and they reached their peak at the end of the gen.
However every year of course there was new content like leagues, modes, gameplay elements, graphical improvement.
yes, if you look at it in detail... you might be right but im not convinced that every year brought new leagues, modes, gameplay elements and graphical improvements!

in my head, 2021 is just a new yearly version of PES (aka update for me). the gameplay will be different to DP8 (imo), some licences lost, some gained, some stadiums lost, some gained, graphics a bit updated, new music, new menu colours...

Last edited:
Has this ever happened?
It happened last April. By KONAMI again.
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Legacy_of_the_Duelist:_Link_Evolution

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution" is a video game released by Konami. It is an updated version of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist.

It was given as a free update for Switch and as a paid "brand new" game for PS4/PC/Xbox one.

I was the only one on earth, among 8 billion people that found weird to pay again for the same game full price, so I just moaned only once, then I DID NOT BUY the game second time and never mentioned it again. :)

By the way are we making history? Is PES2020 the first game that is released twice ever? Dont take into consideration ports and remasters.
Not sure if it's quite the same but wrestling games did this often, A good example would be Virtual Pro Wrestling being released in Japan on the N64 featuring Japanese wrestlers and promotions but the same game would be released in the US & Europe with WWF or WCW wrestlers and branding.

Also pretty sure WWF Royal Rumble & WWF Raw for the SNES was the exact game that came out a year apart from each other and marketed as brand new games.

It's almost unbelievable how gullible some people are...almost.

Here's an idea for konami for PES2022 MyClub, make it that you have to pay each time you want to use each player in a match with your MyClub team. It'll be like you have to pay them real wages...that would be awesome!

Don't think you can be gullible if nobody is actually trying to deceive you in any way. If you only See PES 2021 and can't be bothered to read the Season Update bit, that's on you.

Not sure if it's quite the same but wrestling games did this often, A good example would be Virtual Pro Wrestling being released in Japan on the N64 featuring Japanese wrestlers and promotions but the same game would be released in the US & Europe with WWF or WCW wrestlers and branding.

This sounds more like how Konami used to do with J-Leagues and Pes western titles tbh :D .

Back
Top Bottom