eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

It's a catch-22 isn't it.

If it's just an update, I won't buy it because I'd had enough of PES 2020 after about a month (and modders will do a better job than Konami ever will) - but even so, I still think it's the right decision because it means 2022 has a chance of being genuinely well-developed. Otherwise it has no chance of that.

If it's an update with some "Final Evolution" style tweaks, which is what I'm hearing rumblings of - I might be in, but the game needs more than a few tweaks, it's not like the old days where e.g. WE6 was great, and WE6FE was absolutely brilliant - rather from "stiff predictable mess" to "stiff less-predictable mess".

If all these rumours are a lie and it's a new game... It will be another year of mediocrity that, for some reason, we settle for year after year. With the same core issues of the past seven versions.

Just pray they stick to Fox Engine, 2 years is not enough for them to get familiar with a new system and with a new engine as well.
Just look at PES2015...its a pretty basic game, basic control, basic "physics"...and they had even one year advantage with Fox there already.

Anyways as a first game of its generation i dont expect anything from EA or Konami, its their first try on the new engine. I dont expect that much content, they will think youll settle with the shinier graphics anyways and have the urge to move on the new console to be able to play online and to keep up the trend.

I think if it is just an update, with only nominal gameplay changes, it is likely to get battered this year. Who in the right mind on ps4 would pay for new skins and a few more penalties...........Konami are in danger of being late to the party...if FIFA looks to have improved and it’s running on next gen consoles, then I know where my money is going.

If you think PS5 FIFA21 will be miles apart from PS4 FIFA21 then..... it will be the same game, same gameplay, probably better resolution, better framerate. Thats about it, thats why you can upgrade it for free. :) It willbe a PS4 game run on PS5.

We have too lazy choices here probably. Which means a tight competition this year :D

This year i will gladly skip both games. Obviously not going to pay for the season update either unless it's really cheap.

If they're going to take a break and focus on 22, why don't they slightly tweak and re-release pes 14 with updated rosters for the 20-21 season? There's a bigger chance of me buying that than pes20 for the second time!😄

This year i will gladly skip both games. Obviously not going to pay for the season update either unless it's really cheap.
ill defenitly have a look at what is coming (both camps)!
if the other games ps5 version will be any good, ill get that.

PES-wise im good for the next couple of month, knowing @AntonyC_PESCustomFaces laid out a good base (more than that) for PES2017!
so, personally, whatever konami will be doing, they just cant harm me! :D

man, my fingers starting to hurt... thats how much i hope PES2022 on PS5 delivers! at least gameplay wise!

They should just add stuff to fill out this years version, like, imagine if they had all the music from the early games, from before they started licencing pop music, and just stuff that into the game, just skip the pop stuff, they would be saving money as well. Then they could add dog heads and magic boots, both are extremely dumb and unrealistic but then again so is MyClub.
Actually the music stuff would be enough for me to buy it right away.

It's a catch-22 isn't it.

If it's just an update, I won't buy it because I'd had enough of PES 2020 after about a month (and modders will do a better job than Konami ever will) - but even so, I still think it's the right decision because it means 2022 has a chance of being genuinely well-developed. Otherwise it has no chance of that.

If it's an update with some "Final Evolution" style tweaks, which is what I'm hearing rumblings of - I might be in, but the game needs more than a few tweaks, it's not like the old days where e.g. WE6 was great, and WE6FE was absolutely brilliant - rather from "stiff predictable mess" to "stiff less-predictable mess".

If all these rumours are some huge misunderstanding of the phrase "2021 Season Update" and it's a new release (which I highly doubt at this point)... It will be another year of mediocrity that, for some reason, we settle for year after year. With the same core issues of the past seven versions.

All very good points Chris, it just frustrates the hell out of me that they get near a well balanced game, that needs refinement and then they release a new game the following year that ruins it!! Equally frustrating will be a sticky plaster on a bag of spanners 🔧.........so we end up with nothing meaningful as our footy game fix........Then we assume that 2022 will be amazing !........what are the real word chances of that??

Fifa 21 will just be a re skinned 20 (some say it’s just a re skin every year anyway) just EA have a bit more power to market it and release it as 2021 whilst also enough resource to port it onto a PS5.

Konami have enough resource to do a dlc and that’s it.

An extra year to develop 2022 on ps5 though, will be interesting to see the results. No excuses for mediocrity or worse really.

An extra year to develop 2022 on ps5 though, will be interesting to see the results. No excuses for mediocrity or worse really.

Really hope they are doing some genuine new AI development and not just spending the time to do a polished port of the existing game, but with fancier gfx and fingernails that actually grow during the match. If it's essentially just the same game with the same AI engine, I can't see any significant progress being made during the whole lifespan of PS5...and probably beyond that too.

Well, hope Konami announces something about 2021 soon
Also, would be nice if they start teasing PES 22 from october on and so instead of the regular 2 months before release but will likely not happen
Its all under consideration everything of this is true ofcourse

So even more important than the update-or-retail, is the question I ask every year.
Which will be next versions catchphrase?
I remind you the previous:
The King is back!
The pitch is ours!
We control reality!
Where Legends are born!
Playing is Believing!

What's next? I would go with the cheap "eUpdating is eBelieving"..

So even more important than the update-or-retail, is the question I ask every year.
The King is back!
The pitch is ours!
We control reality!
Where Legends are born!
Playing is Believing!

"We promise it'll be better than all the 20/21 mods you'll be able to download for free" maybe?

The King is back!
The pitch is ours!
We control reality!
Where Legends are born!
Playing is Believing!

"Buy some coins!"

I play PES since forever. I agree that they should take a break for a year, and think carefully about what they want next. PES is not a FIFA, and people who buy their product don’t want it to be.

In my opinion they should just focus on gameplay and to make it easier to add content by moders. Konami can add a lot in part of ML, MT, BaL and other game mods, because there are free indie games for mobile that looks better and have more content then PES2020. So they have a lot of work.

I don't understand why they spend money on licenses and make someone pay for game that have a couple licenced teams and then download patch for same game with 700 licenced teams with better everthing (squads, tactics, kits, stadiums, nets, crowd, sound, etc....). Has anyone started playing this game because of licenses ? No, we started playing it because it was extremely fun to play and easy editable. So that they can save their money and not pay for nonsense that doesn't matter to anyone.

According to the official Pro League website it seems very likely that the second division will come as a new license to pes 2021. So maybe it’s not just a season update.

Take control of one of the teams from 1A or 1B. The teams of the two competitions are indeed available on ePES. Can you beat the other players and become a 1A or 1B champion with your favorite professional team?
Translated via google translate

Source: https://www.proleague.be/fr/pl/partenaires

If they can be bothered to address the ai issues and improve overall gameplay in PES2020 then i'd gladly accept PES2021 as an addon. The problem that PES2020 is a mess, imo and unless some significant improvements are introduced i can't see them profiting from an addon.

If they can be bothered to address the ai issues and improve overall gameplay in PES2020 then i'd gladly accept PES2021 as an addon. The problem that PES2020 is a mess, imo and unless some significant improvements are introduced i can't see them profiting from an addon.
leave all assets of 2020 like they are and work on that bloddy AI only, imo! a bit exaggerated but you get my drift?! at least for that update.

but again, when i think about it, why waste time in working on that current AI when next year there will probably be a new engine and new AI assets to focus on. so i can think of them putting all efforts into 2022 and just bringing licenses to the update this fall (while dropping some other licences for sure ;) ).

i set my mind to the follwing: have fun with PES2017 until the next gen version drops! so i'm very very relaxed. if anything positive would come to the update this fall, i'd be happily suprised. :) but there is nothing that can get my mood down this year. next stop would be the release of the first title on PS5. so i guess, fall 2022 could be the closest date for me to be upset (and having a rant) again! :D

Last edited:
Fresh news they have lost licenses of Inter Milan and Milan for new efootball 2021 season update, what a great start for the new game ! Probably they will lose San Siro and Giuseppe Meazza too, what a shame

Licenses are not important, thats why we have patches
Off the field menu presentation and gameplay on the field is what matters most

Licenses are not important, thats why we have patches
Off the field menu presentation and gameplay on the field is what matters most
Not everyone plays pes on pc, if they are on ps4 yeah they can have option files but they will not have stadiums and in xbox there are not OF so keeps being a big loss for pes

Not everyone plays pes on pc, if they are on ps4 yeah they can have option files but they will not have stadiums and in xbox there are not OF so keeps being a big loss for pes
Yeah I remember having it on Xbox couple of years ago, unplayable yes
Normally when they lose big clubs they are replaced with other
Although its weird, knowing some devs of Konami are AC Milan and Inter fans

Yeah I remember having it on Xbox couple of years ago, unplayable yes
Normally when they lose big clubs they are replaced with other
Although its weird, knowing some devs of Konami are AC Milan and Inter fans
Instead of add new "exclusive partners" with money saved from these two clubs they should use it for improve offline modes, but I know they will not and they will just add others exclusive partners, stupid licenses fight

Back
Top Bottom