English Premier League thread

true , all people want to see up here is a good football team , i knew roeder was never the rite man for the job , but again chairman chose the cheapest option ,as he knew roeder was the type that wudnt ask for money .soon we will rebuild with shearer as manager , thats when we will be a team again when alan shearer takes over , hes the kind to take no shit , knows what the fans want same as bobby .;)

Roeder's job interview for West Ham and then Newcastle....

Board(s): So Glenn, do you think you are right for the job?

Roeder: Yes

Board(s): Will you try your best?

Board(s): Will accept our answer of NO when you ask for cash from us?

Board(s): Will you go out and buy who we suggest?

Board(s): Are you a 'yes' man?

Board(s): Will you tickle our nipples and call us sweetypie?

Agreed, the 1-5 loss against Birmingham in the cup was shameful and obviously it's Roeder's fault, even though Newcastle defence sucks. 5 goals @home against a Championship side is laughable.

Agreed, the 1-5 loss against Birmingham in the cup was shameful and obviously it's Roeder's fault, even though Newcastle defence sucks. 5 goals @home against a Championship side is laughable.

I don't think you can necassarily say that the 5-1 loss was Roeder's fault entirely.
Considering you mentioned the defence, Liam will tell you how inexpierenced that back four was that night.
(And Birmingham being league leaders and pretty free-scoring)

But nevertheless, Roeder is still a horrible bastard and an awful manager to boot.

I think Newcastle just got a new and very promising player on loan: Gooch Onyewu.
This could turn out to be one of the best defenders in the Premiership...in a couple of years.
Don't expect Onyewu to be the star man immediately. He still has a lot to learn. He still makes quite a few positioning errors and has too much yellow and red cards...therefore Newcastle with all their injuries is perhaps not the right club for him at the moment...still better than Marseille however (he was supposed to go to Marseille).

what the hell :shock: and west ham are not good even buying about 4 players have not helped them

бля не спорь со мной ! если я сказал что ЦСКА ебал ваш арсенал то так и есть ! и если я сказал что West Ham United хорошая команда значит так и есть ! а спрорить по англиски я не буду,потому что я его просто не знаю так,как ты его знаешь !

I think Newcastle just got a new and very promising player on loan: Gooch Onyewu.
This could turn out to be one of the best defenders in the Premiership...in a couple of years.
Don't expect Onyewu to be the star man immediately. He still has a lot to learn. He still makes quite a few positioning errors and has too much yellow and red cards...therefore Newcastle with all their injuries is perhaps not the right club for him at the moment...still better than Marseille however (he was supposed to go to Marseille).

actually if i got to be sincere, i think this guy is very very very overrated. he has a bad positioning and timing (and that's the reason of his yellow\red cards) and an awful ball touch (with both foot). and theese are the most important qualities for a good defender.
btw that's just my opinion, of course :)

What in god's name is a banker ????

lo zio, i don't know if you saw him play regularly, but i think he's a promising player...he's probably overhyped for the moment, but that's not his fault...in fact Gooch is a very modest and likeable guy.

I think this is the right thread to talk about unsung heroes in the premiership, please post your suggestions.
Mine:

Kevin Nolan (Bolton)
Garreth Barry (Aston Villa)
Steve Sidwell (Reading)
Jimmy Bullard (Fulham, but especially last year at Wigan Athletic)
Dean Ashton (West Ham United)
Tom Huddlestone (Spurs)
Craig Bellamy (Liverpool)

lo zio, i don't know if you saw him play regularly, but i think he's a promising player...

well i saw a couple of Liegi's and usa national team's matches and i was quite disappointed by him (probably coz of the fact that he is quite overhyped, as u correctly say).
i mean, he's already 25 years old now... he's a little too old to be a "promising player"...

he's probably overhyped for the moment, but that's not his fault...

that's for sure! i've got nothing against him :) Actually i hope he will turn into a great defender and show me how wrong i am ;)

look like west ham are in trouble!!what an useless challenge A.Ferdinand did on Hendersson

Thought the penalty was a little soft.
Ferdinand did indeed put his hands on Henderson's shoulder, but he went down far too easily.
But Ferdinand should know that he runs the risk if he does such a thing.

Pretty good example of how thick as shit the players at West Ham really are.

Worst decision was when we was given our penalty and the defender wasn't given a red for a professional foul on Reo coker :shock:

But yes: we are in the shit.
I still have (a little) bit of hope.:(

I hope West Ham don't get relegated (but i also hope Wigan stay up, even more than West Ham).
But steevio, you have to be very biased to call that "a litle soft"...it was one of the most stupid penalties i've ever saw. Anton Ferdinand is considered to be a promising defender...i have to say that he still has to learn a lot.
It was very, very clear that there was contact between Ferdinand and the attacker...
From what we can see in Belgium (and that is match of the day), West Ham's defense is useless...the number of goals they conceded from standard situations is apalling...if they continue conceding goals like that, they will not stay up.
And if they cannot win against Watford, i'm afraid that they will face a very very tough season...don't forget that Wigan has a match less than them (and isn't that a match precisely against Watford, i'm not quite sure about that).
Would be a shame that a club with players like Tevez, Benayoun, Ashton and Boa Morte has to play in the Championship.

In this thread people have laughed a litle bit with Newcastle United, but still they are beating Liverpool (even if Liverpool should have clinched in the first half). i think Newcastle could play a good last part of the championship...they haven't been very lucky with all their injuries too...

Last edited:
I hope too they won't go down,and i think the lost of Asthon was a HUGE/BIG blow for west ham.The guy was great until he was injured!for me charlton(even if i like alan pardew's celebration after each goals!!:lol: ),watford and??Should go down

Reading for the Champions league??Naaa i'd prefer bolton to pick the fourth ticket:)

I would love it if Man Utd won the league on the last day and put West Ham down at the same time. A fitting revenge for the Hammers celebrations after the draw that lost us the league to Blackburn.

I would love it if Man Utd won the league on the last day and put West Ham down at the same time. A fitting revenge for the Hammers celebrations after the draw that lost us the league to Blackburn.

I think Man Utd will win the league before that last day. If you see how Rooney and Ronaldo play this season and if you see how Ferguson can rotate his team, well then there is no doubt about who will win the Premiership (and who deserves it, Utd is impressive).
Concerning the rest of the abovementioned quote: boy you have an elephant's memory...i remember that season particularly well, but i don't hold no grudge against West Ham...

Concerning the CL, i'm really impressed by Reading but i think it wouldn't be good for the club if they already played CL...
I'm afraid that they will face a tough second season (just like Wigan). Wigan couldn't keep their brilliant individuals in the team (Bullard, Roberts, Chimbonda), Reading's fantastic season is more a team performance (although the way Lita is scoring the last weeks...) and maybe they can hold their team together.

Back
Top Bottom