EURO 2012 Tactics thread

klashman69

Fight the Power!
28 November 2007
I Travel.
Last edited:
This thread looks very promising, welcome back klash!

Here's a test, we all know how spain will play, not sure who they will start
According to speculation, swap Fabregas with Xabi Alonso, and maybe Llorente with Torres.

i can upload the entire pack for pes edit, possibly other patches also.
If possible, keep uploading also images, for people that don't use any patch :)

netherlandsm.png

denmarkt.png

Last edited:
I appreciate the effort, but I find it ridiculously easy to score against teams that play this way. It's probably because I use Nesa's gameplay tweak, if I am the onlyone experiencing this.

I appreciate the effort, but I find it ridiculously easy to score against teams that play this way. It's probably because I use Nesa's gameplay tweak, if I am the onlyone experiencing this.

its because of nesa patch, he's probably made the game too easy, use the original, 1.06, preferably on -2 speed with 2 passing bars or less.

same happened no matter what tactics i put up using yairs stuff last year. looking at videos seems to be the same story.

Hmm not to be a complete d**k that I criticise the effort, but I find that on some tactics DCs are pushed too wide from each other. That in correlation with team width gives perfect opportunity to play that sweet through ball in between them.

Dunno if you noticed that? Other than that, top work ;).

Got to say such horrible formations. A high defensive line with pressure cranked up to 20 makes for unenjoyable games indeed.

Because since the update 1.06 the game is hugely AI assisted in defence now you can put your pad on the floor and let it win you the ball back. That coupled with not being allowed to control your defenders because they are like a rabid greayhound chasing a hare

its because of nesa patch, he's probably made the game too easy, use the original, 1.06, preferably on -2 speed with 2 passing bars or less.

same happened no matter what tactics i put up using yairs stuff last year. looking at videos seems to be the same story.

It's actually harder, but with these tactics it's so simple to play through balls between the defenders onto a striker.

I modified your tactics to look "normal" while remaining the overall shape, and pulled the players into a more "natural" position on the tactics board, and it works quite well with the patch. So it seems to me that they've (nesa & co) actually have managed to fix something that is fucked up in the game from Konami's side, the natural movement of players which is the reason you have to make these weird formations in the first place.

Either way, good work Klashman, I have no trouble modifying them to fit my mods :)

Hmm not to be a complete d**k that I criticise the effort, but I find that on some tactics DCs are pushed too wide from each other. That in correlation with team width gives perfect opportunity to play that sweet through ball in between them.

Dunno if you noticed that? Other than that, top work ;).

these tactics usual make the game a little harder in terms of you, simply getting used to how the cpu play, apart fromn that they are just about making teams play like they do in real life.

Got to say such horrible formations. A high defensive line with pressure cranked up to 20 makes for unenjoyable games indeed.

Because since the update 1.06 the game is hugely AI assisted in defence now you can put your pad on the floor and let it win you the ball back. That coupled with not being allowed to control your defenders because they are like a rabid greayhound chasing a hare

I've been having some issues getting Spain to close their opponents down quickly enough. Then again i play on -2. Only Poland and the Czechs have high pressure and high line, i surprised by this.

irelandrp.png

italyg.png

spainu.png

croatial.png

It's actually harder, but with these tactics it's so simple to play through balls between the defenders onto a striker.

I modified your tactics to look "normal" while remaining the overall shape, and pulled the players into a more "natural" position on the tactics board, and it works quite well with the patch. So it seems to me that they've (nesa & co) actually have managed to fix something that is fucked up in the game from Konami's side, the natural movement of players which is the reason you have to make these weird formations in the first place.

Either way, good work Klashman, I have no trouble modifying them to fit my mods :)

Your playing on -2 right? Which teams did you use?

Does the speed change affect the difficulty?

Anyway, great work mate! Will surely give them a try.

Does the speed change affect the difficulty?

Anyway, great work mate! Will surely give them a try.

yes, while wasted on green, i won a European cup tournament with Germany, this was on 0 speed. When i played against Spain, in the final, it was the easiest game, just very easy through balls past the high line, it did go to extra time as Spain in possession are always a threat.

on -2, it's harder to get that instant boost wen moving compared to 0, they have more time to close you down with intense pressing, they have longer in possession also.

You don't have to play on -2, but I'd advise it for best results :)

Thanks for feedback again.

Your playing on -2 right? Which teams did you use?

I play on -1 because -2 makes shooting really terrible. I mainly used Norway against all the teams you've made tactics for at that point. After scoring 6 against Spain at half time I simply quit that game, it was 6-3 at the time. All my goals scored from through balls in the middle of the park straight between the central defenders.

Same teams with a modified version of your tactic, where defense is pulled further behind and tighter "visually", but kept the strategy settings I lost the game 1-4, even though I was very lucky with red arrows in the latter match.

Same story goes for the other teams. I even think they play more or less the same offensively after my "normalization" of the tactic, but much harder to break down defensively, or to be more precise, you can't just punt a lofted through ball on a counter to get 1 on 1 with the keeper any more. Because that is the only real weakness I have found with your versions of the tactics. The worst part is that the lofted through balls doesn't have to be very precise either, because you have almost half a pitch to run onto.

I play on -1 because -2 makes shooting really terrible.

I mainly used Norway against all the teams you've made tactics for at that point. After scoring 6 against Spain at half time I simply quit that game, it was 6-3 at the time. All my goals scored from through balls in the middle of the park straight between the central defenders.

Well i did say to use -2 for best results. I said before i don't like -1, it's very unbalanced, the game dosen't really know if it wants to slow bad technical players down and restrict the more video game orientated 0 speed or allow enough fun factor, it does neither. That's from my observations right at the start back in October, it was the worst of the 5 settings, center backs, still move like they do on 0, you can hold R1 and get away with running round defenders like on 0, tbh there isn't much difference between -1 and 0 at all for me, same thing.

-2 tends to speed up, at times it's very slow, then at times it just speeds up, almost feels like on 0 but if you have an average team their players take longer to control the ball which is the biggest factor on -2, depends on the pitch apparently from what chimps has told me.

On -1, since it's similar to -1, probably best as you say just moving the center backs closer together as there isn't as much penalty for technique so therefore it's easier to send through balls through them, i knew this from when i beat Spain with Germany on 0 speed, i was high at the time so i wasn't too bothered about realsim :)

Shooting can be annoying at times on -2, takes time to get used to hitting it right.

Same teams with a modified version of your tactic, where defense is pulled further behind and tighter "visually", but kept the strategy settings I lost the game 1-4, even though I was very lucky with red arrows in the latter match.

The wide center backs is a new thing, it's to represent how in real life, Busquets comes very deep and almost operates as a center back while Puyol/Ramos and pique move out wide, it happens a lot. It's better for spain as they do tend to keep he ball a bit more than they do when they are tighter together. Denmark did the same vs Holland and Portugal did the same once a goal down vs Germany.

Same story goes for the other teams. I even think they play more or less the same offensively after my "normalization" of the tactic, but much harder to break down defensively, or to be more precise, you can't just punt a lofted through ball on a counter to get 1 on 1 with the keeper any more. Because that is the only real weakness I have found with your versions of the tactics. The worst part is that the lofted through balls doesn't have to be very precise either, because you have almost half a pitch to run onto.

I've been testing them out CPU vs CPU and everyone has their own style really, i was surprised as i thought many of them might have big issues but it seems not, the team i think has the most issues is probably France as the front 3 are very VERY selfish.

This could be a factor of the ratings on your patch, if your using PSD especially which makes players a lot more generic, also there won't be too many with bad technique. Just tried England vs Ukraine, Young wasn't helping out defensively enough along with Chambo because their DEF setting was too low. Some patches make these settings quite generic.

I'll release an PESedit option file and all 16 team in one team pack, with Konami style ratings with some necessary changes.

Last edited:
Great work man. I have setup a Euro Cup and am playing as Italy. Played my first game before they did so I'll have to tweak the formation to be like the one they played with. If I implement the changes above to the other teams, would they appear like that in my tournament? Or I'd have to restart? I understand the CPU can change them during the game anyway.

I've been playing on -2 for the last month or so and after the initial period, I must say I prefer it for a nice thought out gamestyle. Can still move forward quickly if that's the way you want to play but even shooting on -2 isn't overly slow if you hit the ball right. As others have mentioned, I find the passing feels just right and the player movement is at it's most natural.

I've been testing them out CPU vs CPU and everyone has their own style really, i was surprised as i thought many of them might have big issues but it seems not, the team i think has the most issues is probably France as the front 3 are very VERY selfish.

What I meant was that each team kept their intended style, not that all teams played the same. I.E. that your tactics works even with a "normal" back line. CD's tend to go very wide by default in this game in my opinion, so there's little need to make them do even more so.

Bottom line is that you've done good work here Klash, and I don't intend to go into a discussion with you regarding -1 vs -2 game speed because you have your opinions, I have mine and then there's the truth which is probably a mix between the two (or more) views so it's pointless.

I do believe that you've missed a bit on the Swedish setup, maybe it's how they looked but I doubt it's how they wanted to look, and I can safely say I have 99.9% of the Swedish population including pundits with me on this. Sweden might have been playing Long ball but it was because the Swedish midfield folded under pressure, they did not step up and invite passes and they did not manage to get into the play because they didn't dare to try. They simply suffered from premiere nerves, they were afraid and stricken by the intensity of the moment. The Long Ball came as a result of that, not because it was intended. In the second half they played like they intended to do in the first half, at least for a little while. Otherwise, great observations.

Last edited:
What I meant was that each team kept their intended style, not that all teams played the same. I.E. that your tactics works even with a "normal" back line. CD's tend to go very wide by default in this game in my opinion, so there's little need to make them do even more so.

Bottom line is that you've done good work here Klash, and I don't intend to go into a discussion with you regarding -1 vs -2 game speed because you have your opinions, I have mine and then there's the truth which is probably a mix between the two (or more) views so it's pointless.

I do believe that you've missed a bit on the Swedish setup, maybe it's how they looked but I doubt it's how they wanted to look, and I can safely say I have 99.9% of the Swedish population including pundits with me on this. Sweden might have been playing Long ball but it was because the Swedish midfield folded under pressure, they did not step up and invite passes and they did not manage to get into the play because they didn't dare to try. They simply suffered from premiere nerves, they were afraid and stricken by the intensity of the moment. The Long Ball came as a result of that, not because it was intended. In the second half they played like they intended to do in the first half, at least for a little while. Otherwise, great observations.

Oh ok, thats cool, yes i see your point with sweden, thats the good thing about what i did. The CPU will be able to switch between either long ball or possesion game which they did after they went 2-1 down, Sweden played poorly yesterday as a whole, Ukraine as you said pushed them back, they less so than other teams have a less 'defined' identity and style, so it was easier to give them the two konami settings modified a bit which can repesent how they will play.

I mean, you could swap them around so they play possesion game as number 1 and long ball as numeber 2 but whats good is that the CPu does have the option because they are not 'Standard' to switch when they feel neccesary :)

Great work with the tactics mate cheers exactly what I was looking for.

On -2 speed, 15 minute matches Superstar this is the best football game ever made for me.

looking to implement your tactics(taking a break from the grueling world of ML and starting a euro 2012) how do your tactics play with version 1.6? This is the only patch I use(with my own minor stat tweaks) would you say its the best option?

lol sorry about that, always liked seedorf, along with davids and vieria even if he rejected coming back to arsenal as a coach for more money at city.

btw your going to have to start a new European championship tournament mode if you want to play with these tactics boss :)

the game saves them into the block you load from.

lol that's ok ;)

Fair enough - I might get all the squads sorted first via Transfers and then do the tactics and I'll restart the mode. Nothing beats playing International matches on Pro Evo!!

Not with the tactics implemented yet but I played a game against Ireland. 2nd group game and they were up 1-0 with 5 minutes to go. They refused to pass the ball forwards. Kept wasting time by holding it between defence and midfield. Loved it! Except I couldn't score the equaliser lol :(

I appreciate the effort, but I find it ridiculously easy to score against teams that play this way

Really? I am almost even on wins and losses since applying the formations.

I did face trouble when playing with Spain as the opposition could easily break through but I solved this by manually controlling Ramos and Pique more instead of depending on the AI.

Back
Top Bottom