Everton Thread

Re: Everton Thread

I dont mind recognising when a team has done well, besides all the banter, its good to have 2 teams from liverpool doing well.

Hope we can get Fernandez and Yakubu sorted out....I think that would make a brilliant improvement to our team/squad added to the great signing of Baines and the potential of Piennar and jagielka.

Yakubu would be especially good.

well should get fernandez , agree we need another striker but not sure on yakubu

well should get fernandez , agree we need another striker but not sure on yakubu

After Henry Yakubu has been the highest goalscorer in the premier league over the last three seasons.

For the most part that record has come playing in a boro side where they have given little to no support to the front men (excluding crosses from Downing). Yakubu has been playing in an isolated role then in a crap side and still hit the back of the net more than anyone in the EPL other than Henry....

I'd be VERY happy to see him at Goodison...that's just me.

I suspect that getting Fernandez might be easier now that West Ham have joined the chase for Yakubu as well. I'd be very happy to see Fernandez permanently at Goodison, but in the short term a striker is more important.

Fernandes, with an "S". Bloody mercenary he is, you can have him.

He was very good at Everton last season and seems to have talent and application.

Also it seemed to me that Benfica were touting him to tons of clubs and trying to get an arm and a leg for him, but maybe I am wrong.

Either way you must have a reason for saying what you have, so what is it?

He "forced" his first trip to England last year, by missing practices, just acting like a crybaby, that's why Benfica wanted to sell him and not loan him. The fans were pissed at him.

This season he comes back, says he's commited to the club, he's got the club in his heart, the fans forgive him and start treating him great, first chance he gets, he fucks off again.

I know that he eventually wants to play for a bigger club (Chelsea, ManU, Real, that sort of club), but he could do well this season at Benfica, including in the CL, and then get sold for even more money, which would be great for Benfica (the club in his heart right?). But he simply wants a higher salary I guess.

Hope he's gone for good.

The thing is you could have sold him no problem if you weren't asking for 12 million pound plus....

That said if what your saying is true I can relate to that, it would pizz any fan off.

I still hope we get him though because I think he can seriously add to our squad.

P.S

I like the Hicks quote.

As far I know, he's going for 9 Miliion Euros. Thats how much 50% of his contract is worth and owned by Benfica. The other half is owned by some investing company.

PS

Hicks would have a field day with what's going on in the world lately.

Hicks would have a field day with what's going on in the world lately.

He certainly would. The funny thing is much of his material from the first gulf war is just as relevant.

Cracking result away to Spurs tonight- hoping we can keep this form up and we land another striker in time.

Arteta is class- but we knew that.

Try listening to Jello Biafra. Not as funny but just as clever.

Keep going Everton. Keep the shit half of your city out of the top 4

manuel fernandeS is a fantastic player, he'll be a great asset to your team
but don't expect any loyalty from him. when a bigger wants him he'll do everything to leave

:applause:We played brilliant last night , spurs could not get near us, it was too easy , early days but we starting to look the part , david moyes is magic , works wonders with next to no money!!

lets not get carried away, we played well against a pretty good spurs team, and beat them well, but i still expect spurs to finish just above us, Europe could have a detremental effect on our league form. once we start playing 2 games a week i expect us to sruggle to win the league games.

The more games we win before the UEFA starts the less presure we will be under.

We definatly have the potential to be a top 4 side within the next 3 years, a couple more signings and we should secure a top 6 again this season.

early days but we starting to look the part , david moyes is magic , works wonders with next to no money!![/QUOTE]

so whos getting carried away?

Think we will be top four this season, a couple of more wins and we would have been last season!;)

lets not get carried away, we played well against a pretty good spurs team, and beat them well, but i still expect spurs to finish just above us, Europe could have a detremental effect on our league form. once we start playing 2 games a week i expect us to sruggle to win the league games.

The more games we win before the UEFA starts the less presure we will be under.

We definatly have the potential to be a top 4 side within the next 3 years, a couple more signings and we should secure a top 6 again this season.

I agree about the need to get the points in the bag before the UEFA games. I think we are in major crap if we don't add to the squad, another striker is an absolute must as is fernandes.

The fact is an injury list and we are in serious trouble, an injury list in any one department and we are totally goosed.

I think injuries could hammer us more than most of the teams in the premiership and certainly more than all the teams trying to get in the top six.

most Liverpool fans won't admit it, but I see you lot as a threat. Maybe not for the title, but for the top 5.

With a few more players you could really push on!

All hail Moyes. :p

We should and with no tongue in cheek, but while we are all congratulating ourselves and disappearing up our own back passage lets get a decent striker in for god sake- before our smugness comes back and bites up where it hurts later in the season- it is crucial to the season that this is dealt with asap.

hmmm 10 corners , should have at least had a point but thats football eh , reading is no walk over as man utd and chelsea have also found , mannys back and yak on the way baines yet to make his debut , the futures bright!!!!\\:o/

Seen the highlights on match of the day. From what I saw we completely out played Reading, can't belive they even got a point never mind a win. Think Moyes was playing it down....but they were unbeliveably lucky. Hit the post hit the bar etc.

with fernandes and yakubu signing with a little luck, these type of games, we will be winning comfortably in the future, the sooner hibberts dropped the better, we missed yobo today on the goal for sure.

Not to worried, only a blip on what should be a desent season in which i think we can really move forward.

The lack of noise about transfers coming out of Goodison is a bit worrying to say the least. I hope that they have not bogged it all up.

The official site said that Fernandes was signing with 24hours, that was on Friday and still no news and nothing at all on Yakubu.

we just signed some German back-up keeper....could do with more important news that this.

Why on earth is there no news coming out of Goodison on the transfers?

Have heard that Boro are trying to hold out for 12.5 Mill for Yakubu, which is havin a laugh, Southgate and Gibson clearly trying to use strong arm tactics.

Thing is I don't understand why we don't just threaten to take our money to Herreven and scupper their deal for Alves. Looks a top pacy prolific striker and only 6.5 mill.

Either way if we did that we'd either get Yakubu at a proper price or get Alves at a low price and both are very decent. Either way Southgate and Boro could get stuffed on trying to take the pizz.....just can't see how Southgate and Gibson can play it tough when they also don't want a disgruntled striker and also want Alves...who we could easily nick off them.

We need tough negotiations from the board and Moyes and show our hand to Boro that we aren't takin any shat....of course I say that and our chief negotiator if Kenwright couldn't negotiate a pint of larger at a bar with a tenner.

Last edited:

has m. fernandes not signed yet ?

Nope...not sure what is going on.

Some people have said they have seen him at the ground training for the last couple of days, but no news coming out of Everton. The club had announced they were likely to seal the deal within 24 hours and that was on Friday gone.

David Moyes has just made the biggest 11.5mil mistake of his managerial career

Don't say I didn't warn you ;)

Back
Top Bottom