Evoweb Gameplay Lab, FIFA 20 (Frostbite FIFAs?)

Yes I will try to adjust it to fit me (If it only it could be that easy with all the other parts of the game). The thing is if it could force the decision making of the CPU to incite it to do less risky pass, such as back heel, passes with poor angle, it would be fantastic!
Agree. Look in gp_evaluation. I think there are values in there relating to back heel etc. Not sure how they work though. Oh and not sure if it does anything but try this in your locale.ini

ENABLE_OBJECTIVE_SlowApproach=1

I've made a couple of new additions and I'm actually really happy with how the game is playing now. I'm finding it very difficult to create chances as the AI defence is really doing its job. I could probably back it off slightly even. Playing with 20 min matches I'm averaging really low shot numbers, but the games are playing out really well and I'm finding it far less frustrating. The passing error (possibly combined with the ball physics I'm using) is really separating the good teams from the bad. I played vs Man City and the had 88% pass completion and then I can play Burnley and they might have 74% or so. I've also just increased the shot decision distance as well so this should help from now on to get the AI shooting from a little more distance but I've only tested on a game or so with good results.

A couple of the changes I made today was very slightly upping the defensive workrate and slowing down the turning/change direction speed at full pace. The big ones for today though - I significantly reduced 'bad support range', 'defender loses his attacker' and 'defender bad commit to ball'. I think these values are really impactful as they're programmed for very quick, arcade matches where big holes in the defence open up.

I haven't quite figured out the midfielder into the box as I'd like, and the pressing from teams like City is still a bit stupid, but with the combination of adjustments I'm not finding it to be anywhere near as bad as the defenders are tracking much, much better and are generally more aware. I'm not finding I can just split them open at will (a combination of things I think including the pass error). So whilst it's not perfect I'm pretty happy with where it's at for now and I'll try and put as much as possible into one project for people to try soon (or I'll post 15 files and you can separate them how you'd like). I'll probably still try and improve it but I might actually start playing the game for a while now haha.

Sounds great!

Could you also release a all in one project file please?

I've made a couple of new additions and I'm actually really happy with how the game is playing now.

Looking forward to the project files. I have tested your Pass Error adjustments and it does make a big impact, but maybe it's just a bit too much for my personal preference, so I will probably tweak it down a little. I have used it together with other mods in here and with a personal one, which I'm sharing below.

It's meant to impact the ball and fouls. Ball: a bit bigger and heavier, with a lot more inertia, meaning that, paired with sliders slowing down the player speed, sometimes players have to chase the ball, instead of having it glued to the foot. Long story short, it makes the ball more alive. Might have to make the ball lighter though.

The other aspect is fouls: I have raised general pressing and aggressiveness on one side, lowered the players' balance in contrasts, and made referees stricter with fouls.

This is FAR from being the final balance, tackles are too aggressive sometimes, but there is a good number of fouls (referee still lets it go too often), and lots of 50-50 balls.

Played on Slow together with mods Pass Error, Perception, Jokey and Gameplay Test; and Control Error to 100 in sliders. It played pretty well, still needs adjustments. Games were midfield battles with lots of errors and few chances, free kicks and cards. You need 10/15-minute games and patience though.
For shorter games, I will have to tweak the Pass Error mod to be sure games are not all 0-0... :-P

Beta, almost Alpha. I share it to give my small contribution: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jhgdm0d9c9dhr7/More_Fouls_and_New_Ball.fbproject/file

Looking forward to the project files. I have tested your Pass Error adjustments and it does make a big impact, but maybe it's just a bit too much for my personal preference, so I will probably tweak it down a little. I have used it together with other mods in here and with a personal one, which I'm sharing below.

It's meant to impact the ball and fouls. Ball: a bit bigger and heavier, with a lot more inertia, meaning that, paired with sliders slowing down the player speed, sometimes players have to chase the ball, instead of having it glued to the foot. Long story short, it makes the ball more alive. Might have to make the ball lighter though.

The other aspect is fouls: I have raised general pressing and aggressiveness on one side, lowered the players' balance in contrasts, and made referees stricter with fouls.

This is FAR from being the final balance, tackles are too aggressive sometimes, but there is a good number of fouls (referee still lets it go too often), and lots of 50-50 balls.

Played on Slow together with mods Pass Error, Perception, Jokey and Gameplay Test; and Control Error to 100 in sliders. It played pretty well, still needs adjustments. Games were midfield battles with lots of errors and few chances, free kicks and cards. You need 10/15-minute games and patience though.
For shorter games, I will have to tweak the Pass Error mod to be sure games are not all 0-0... :-P

Beta, almost Alpha. I share it to give my small contribution: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jhgdm0d9c9dhr7/More_Fouls_and_New_Ball.fbproject/file
Awesome man, will check it out. Haha yes 20 minute games needed all round I’d say!

oh, I'm also using some lines in the locale.ini

POSSESSION_TOUCH=2
PSYCHO_AGGRESSION=99
KILL_EVERYONE=1

RIGHTFOOT=2.0
RIGHTLEG=2.0
RIGHTUPPERLEG=2.0
LEFTFOOT=2.0
LEFTLEG=2.0
LEFTUPPERLEG=2.0

Kill Everyone is the easiest way to have CPU tackle you really hard, so you can turn it off for less crazy tackles. I activated it just to make testing easier for my mods

Sorry again for the spam, try this version instead. It's more refined. Better long ball error and more natural ground pass error. There’s still a few too many easy giveaways which I’d like to get rid of, but in general I’m really happy with how this is playing out at the moment (only tested on legendary 20 min matches using v1 ball physics).

Pass error 2.0: https://mega.nz/file/8VMQDaQS#u7QsWNLAVLX-rdFV4If5oyWm0EWsgqlGRNUhBVlddGw
how to install this? becouse mod manager can`t see this file to install it. Thanks :)

Agree. Look in gp_evaluation. I think there are values in there relating to back heel etc. Not sure how they work though. Oh and not sure if it does anything but try this in your locale.ini

ENABLE_OBJECTIVE_SlowApproach=1

I tought the gp_evaluation was for the players mark at the end of the game but may be I am wrong.

This a link toward a cheat engine table that allows you changing and testing gameplay values without quitting the game:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yv1jt7stlrfdevr/FIFA20.CT/file

How to use it: Open your game (can be with frosties), double click on the ct table, it will attach automatically to the game.

The original idea, the design, the code and many variables are from @manmachine and some variables have been added by myself strictly recycling the code provided by manmachine.
It is very much a work in progress and anyone addition to the table is welcomed. Early added variable have a quite simple design while more recent ones comes with a script entry that allows quickly resetting default values (very much welcomed).
If you want to use the table and see values different from the default expected values, open the script (double click) of the variable you wan to edit and uncomment the line define... with the frosty offset and comment the other define... with the non frosty offset or vice et versa (like here: )

The CT was designed on the 12.05.2020 version of the game and there are chances that offsets are differents in different game versions. Let us know if that's not the case.

I have been forced to apply the last game update (I got this error: "sign in with your ea account to activate displayname field missing from registry" popping up and the game was not able to launch after I entred my ids) and the good news is the CT works with the last version of the game, so offsets seems identical.

Alright, I have the gameplay I've been using ready to download. I did my best to get everything into one project file, but some values would have been just too difficult to find. The best I could do was get it into 3 project files. If you export them all as mods nothing will conflict. I've also included in the download the settings and sliders I'm playing with as well as some lines to add to your locale.ini (some of which I got from paulv2ks file and have improved things). The slider settings in there are really the base for all of this and they aren't my creation at all, they're @Matt10 which have been just slightly adjusted for the mods. I can only speak to how it plays with all of these settings which is why I recommend you trying it like that. I have no idea what it plays like outside of those settings!

In regards to the gameplay itself, it isn't necessarily the best it can be, but I think it does make the gameplay much more sim like compared to what it was. You should find it harder to get through teams, so a slower buildup, more 50/50s, more unpredictable playing sequences, less stupid positional/marking mistakes which lead to gaps opening up, a few more fouls, better ball physics, slightly more long shots as well as quite a few little adjustments like a slightly slower dribble speed, longer to turn at full pace, ever so slightly lowered pass acceleration speed, etc. There's quite a few things which have just subtly been tweaked which I haven't mentioned. Oh and theoretically there should be no scripting but that hasn't been tested extensively yet. I still can't figure out how to get the midfielder to track runners into the box without stopping so don't expect that to be fixed unfortunately.

There's plenty of mods in there which came from @manmachine and @papinho81 too such as the defensive line, secondary defender reaction etc which has made a massive, massive difference!

This hasn't been tested for a super long time or anything and as I said I honestly have no idea how it plays with lower ranked teams or on semi/manual passing so I recommend to try it just the way it comes to see what you think. With regards to the pass error, I recommend sticking with it for a few games before you adjust it because once you start to learn the types of passes you can make vs risk/reward you'll start to play a little differently and it becomes more enjoyable. If you find it too much, the sliders for cpu/user should help or you can adjust it in the project file itself. Finally, I think 20 min games are pretty much a minimum and goals/chances won't come about all that often from what I've played (I'm not great at the game so you may find otherwise!) You can all adjust any elements how you like which is why the project file is for download not the mod.

So all in all, I just wanted to get something out there in case anyone has been following the thread and wanted to see what little adjustments can play like when all put together! It's not just my work, but a collaboration of this thread (great idea starting it @papinho81)! At the very least we should have a much better idea of how to tackle certain issues in FIFA 21 once we get the game so that in itself will be extremely beneficial. Hope you enjoy!

Gameplay mod download - https://mega.nz/file/IdtRERSR#Gm2pvOZD34XYsdh0DW1nVQMnHnP9HyjmNTO10vBmuVQ

Some gameplay footage from it all here. Not a good example for fouls and you probably need to play it to feel the differences, but decent to see it all in action.

Last edited:
Alright, I have the gameplay I've been using ready to download. I did my best to get everything into one project file, but some values would have been just too difficult to find. The best I could do was get it into 3 project files. If you export them all as mods nothing will conflict. I've also included in the download the settings and sliders I'm playing with as well as some lines to add to your locale.ini (some of which I got from paulv2ks file and have improved things). The slider settings in there are really the base for all of this and they aren't my creation at all, they're @Matt10 which have been just slightly adjusted for the mods. I can only speak to how it plays with all of these settings which is why I recommend you trying it like that. I have no idea what it plays like outside of those settings!

In regards to the gameplay itself, it isn't necessarily the best it can be, but I think it does make the gameplay much more sim like compared to what it was. You should find it harder to get through teams, so a slower buildup, more 50/50s, more unpredictable playing sequences, less stupid positional/marking mistakes which lead to gaps opening up, a few more fouls, better ball physics, slightly more long shots as well as quite a few little adjustments like a slightly slower dribble speed, longer to turn at full pace, ever so slightly lowered pass acceleration speed, etc. There's quite a few things which have just subtly been tweaked which I haven't mentioned. Oh and theoretically there should be no scripting but that hasn't been tested extensively yet. I still can't figure out how to get the midfielder to track runners into the box without stopping so don't expect that to be fixed unfortunately.

There's plenty of mods in there which came from @manmachine and @papinho81 too such as the defensive line, secondary defender reaction etc which has made a massive, massive difference!

This hasn't been tested for a super long time or anything and as I said I honestly have no idea how it plays with lower ranked teams or on semi/manual passing so I recommend to try it just the way it comes to see what you think. With regards to the pass error, I recommend sticking with it for a few games before you adjust it because once you start to learn the types of passes you can make vs risk/reward you'll start to play a little differently and it becomes more enjoyable. If you find it too much, the sliders for cpu/user should help or you can adjust it in the project file itself. Finally, I think 20 min games are pretty much a minimum and goals/chances won't come about all that often from what I've played (I'm not great at the game so you may find otherwise!) You can all adjust any elements how you like which is why the project file is for download not the mod.

So all in all, I just wanted to get something out there in case anyone has been following the thread and wanted to see what little adjustments can play like when all put together! It's not just my work, but a collaboration of this thread (great idea starting it @papinho81)! At the very least we should have a much better idea of how to tackle certain issues in FIFA 21 once we get the game so that in itself will be extremely beneficial. Hope you enjoy!

Gameplay mod download - https://mega.nz/file/IdtRERSR#Gm2pvOZD34XYsdh0DW1nVQMnHnP9HyjmNTO10vBmuVQ

Some gameplay footage from it all here. Not a good example for fouls and you probably need to play it to feel the differences, but decent to see it all in action.
so we have to remove all gameplay mods, export through editor these files to mods, import them to get the result right? also to copy ini file. I am sorry but I am new to installing fifa mods that`s why I am asking

so we have to remove all gameplay mods, export through editor these files to mods, import them to get the result right? also to copy ini file. I am sorry but I am new to installing fifa mods that`s why I am asking
Yeah and set the sliders based on the doc too if you want to try it the way I’ve been playing. Otherwise you can use how you prefer, just not sure how it will play.

Last edited:
Alright, I have the gameplay I've been using ready to download.

I will definitely test it out! I feel this is definitely the start of something very promising, and your video is further proof that FIFA is perfectly capable of producing a decent football simulation. If it doesn't so it's just because they don't care about simulation, just about FUT fun. Very well done!

The first thing I noticed, to be honest, is the ball physics, a little bit PESsy if you know what I mean... 😝 Did you achieve that by tweaking the field friction? That's the impression I got: heavier field, bouncier ball with more inertia.

One MAJOR improvement still to be made in general, imho, would be slowing down animation speed. Some passing animations and running-turn animations are just too fast... Sometimes I feel as if I needed a SUPERSLOW game speed and start tweaking from there, but I found no such setting in Frosty.

So I will definitely play your mods, but on slow, and lower player accelleration to 48-49. 🙃

So I just tested your gameplay out, along with FIFER's realism 3.0 slow gameplay locale and my personal sliders (for example I have First Touch error at 100, GK ability 100, Acceleration 0 to name a few) so I don't know how accurate my analysis may be since I didn't test with your sliders or locale.

I did 2 games just now, World Class 10mins (I play on full manual), and I instantly noticed the changes.
I was impressed with the patience of the CPU, they felt more human in their decision making and wasn't rushing towards my goal. It's like they had more purpose with their strategy and built up their play which is awesome.
Also I liked that the way the CPU would defend more smartly and there were less gaps opening up.
Overall it felt less scripted and predictable, and it also felt like the CPU were also playing on manual, which added to the realism.

Only negative to add was lack of fouls and aggression, but again, this could be because I didn't apply your locale. I'll continue testing things out, but overall very good job 👍

I will definitely test it out! I feel this is definitely the start of something very promising, and your video is further proof that FIFA is perfectly capable of producing a decent football simulation. If it doesn't so it's just because they don't care about simulation, just about FUT fun. Very well done!

The first thing I noticed, to be honest, is the ball physics, a little bit PESsy if you know what I mean... 😝 Did you achieve that by tweaking the field friction? That's the impression I got: heavier field, bouncier ball with more inertia.

One MAJOR improvement still to be made in general, imho, would be slowing down animation speed. Some passing animations and running-turn animations are just too fast... Sometimes I feel as if I needed a SUPERSLOW game speed and start tweaking from there, but I found no such setting in Frosty.

So I will definitely play your mods, but on slow, and lower player accelleration to 48-49. 🙃
I agree, we can really achieve something with this frosty editor. There’s still so many things we haven’t discovered yet. Knowing what each variable represents (1-7) would be a big help too. In terms of the ball, I did add a small amount of field friction yes, no changes to the inertia setting. The changes were fairly minor, more just adding some heaviness back in. I think the ball physics on FIFA are actually pretty good, but they were a little floaty for my liking, especially on some shots.

Animations, oh 100% I hate how there’s virtually no back lift on passing! I’d love to be able to change that. It’s quite twitchy too. I don’t think FIFA looks great when watching it, especially compared to PES, but in hand I feel the responsiveness makes it feel good which is why I still play on normal speed.

So I just tested your gameplay out, along with FIFER's realism 3.0 slow gameplay locale and my personal sliders (for example I have First Touch error at 100, GK ability 100, Acceleration 0 to name a few) so I don't know how accurate my analysis may be since I didn't test with your sliders or locale.

I did 2 games just now, World Class 10mins (I play on full manual), and I instantly noticed the changes.
I was impressed with the patience of the CPU, they felt more human in their decision making and wasn't rushing towards my goal. It's like they had more purpose with their strategy and built up their play which is awesome.
Also I liked that the way the CPU would defend more smartly and there were less gaps opening up.
Overall it felt less scripted and predictable, and it also felt like the CPU were also playing on manual, which added to the realism.

Only negative to add was lack of fouls and aggression, but again, this could be because I didn't apply your locale. I'll continue testing things out, but overall very good job 👍
Great to hear man. Yeah no idea how it will play with those slider settings but you can tweak the project files if you like the base. Any extra discoveries on different values is always welcomed.

Fouls wise, yeah it’s definitely not perfect. There are games where I’ll have 7+ and others with 1 or 2. I just kept it because it generally brings me more than default, but improvements would be welcomed. I’ll sit down and see what else I can find too.
Edit: I just had a game v Villa and they fouled me 10 times. It can work, just doesn’t happen all the time haha.

Last edited:
I actually forgot to include a couple of things in the mod I posted the other day. I've also made a couple of slight adjustments. I'll post the new links tomorrow if anyone is using it.

I actually forgot to include a couple of things in the mod I posted the other day. I've also made a couple of slight adjustments. I'll post the new links tomorrow if anyone is using it.

I tried yesterday (full package: sliders and locale.ini) and I really liked how it played. It was easily the most entertaining games I had on this game, also with a decent amount of fouls.
I had 2 cons though. The first one probably easy to adjust is the low passing accuracy by the CPU.
The second one might be tougher. Coming from the side of the box it was too easy to get open shots. It was like the cpu didn't try to close me down or to close the shooting angle. May be the walk speed fix could help?

A really pleasant experience otherwise.

Last edited:
I tried yesterday day (full package: sliders and locale.ini) and I really liked how it played. It was easily the most entertaining games I had on this game, also with a decent amount of fouls.
I had 2 cons though. The first one probably easy to adjust is the low passing accuracy by the CPU.
The second one might be tougher. Coming from the side of the box it was too easy to get open shots. It was like the cpu didn't try to close me down or to close the shooting angle. May be the walk speed fix could help?

A really pleasant experience otherwise.
Glad to hear man! Yeah I’m looking at getting a better balance with the pass accuracy. I love what it brings but I think it might need some tweaking to be just right. I haven’t noticed the side of the box shooting, I’ll look into it too. I’m struggling for goals haha. Maybe give walk fix a try and see how that goes. I forgot to add the longer shooting distance for AI too which I’ll bring in tomorrow.

I'd love to give it a go - I've been on holiday for the last week, but I'm back now and raring to go. Upload, upload, upload!

I have been following the forum and passed the link on this forum to an EA developer. Thanks for Feedback.

I'm making some decent progress adding some depth to the passing error. Before it was a little too simplistic and overly pronounced as I just used the left and right scalar miss rate. I'm trying to make it more determined on pass difficulty as well as keeping it natural feeling for the odd miss which shouldn't happen. I think the biggest benefit from introducing error is that it slows things right down. There's some really good values in there which have a massive impact.

I'm making some decent progress adding some depth to the passing error. Before it was a little too simplistic and overly pronounced as I just used the left and right scalar miss rate. I'm trying to make it more determined on pass difficulty as well as keeping it natural feeling for the odd miss which shouldn't happen. I think the biggest benefit from introducing error is that it slows things right down. There's some really good values in there which have a massive impact.
Great to read! Improved contextual error would be awesome.

On my side I am testing variables related to positioning (defensive baseline file) and I hope I will be able to get what they are supposed to do, then to use these info to makes the positioning more real life like.
Not major progress yet though. I ve been messing with the the variable that have a map pos thing in the name and it does have a large impact in the way players position themselves defensively and offensively, surprisingly it is not just about the dline. The thing is, I need now to find out more precisely what my changes actually do lol. Now I see big changes but I have hard time triggering the things the way I would like, if that makes sense.

Great to read! Improved contextual error would be awesome.

On my side I am testing variables related to positioning (defensive baseline file) and I hope I will be able to get what they are supposed to do, then to use these info to makes the positioning more real life like.
Not major progress yet though. I ve been messing with the the variable that have a map pos thing in the name and it does have a large impact in the way players position themselves defensively and offensively, surprisingly it is not just about the dline. The thing is, I need now to find out more precisely what my changes actually do lol. Now I see big changes but I have hard time triggering the things the way I would like, if that makes sense.
Anything related to positioning will be a massive help! Good it's having an impact. What kind of changes are you wanting to cause? With the passing, I'm trying to blend a few things together, so contextual trapping error relating to height, velocity and pressure. I'm also taking some speed off passes from the standstill and the acceleration and max speed of some passing. It seems to have a good impact because you have control over which passes you want to slow down. I hate when you play a one touch pass like a rocket out of nowhere. I've got rid of that I think!

Anything related to positioning will be a massive help! Good it's having an impact. What kind of changes are you wanting to cause? With the passing, I'm trying to blend a few things together, so contextual trapping error relating to height, velocity and pressure. I'm also taking some speed off passes from the standstill and the acceleration and max speed of some passing. It seems to have a good impact because you have control over which passes you want to slow down. I hate when you play a one touch pass like a rocket out of nowhere. I've got rid of that I think!

I would love to bring them closer when defending, especially the midfield and the d line (a bit like the length slider would do). I would like to have high d line teams to actually keep a high line instead of dropping like they do too often. I would like to awake the zombies, I mean by that having players more involved into zonal defending (where the ball and the danger is) than one man marking. I ve been able to awake the zombies with extreme values but completely lost the balance. I am far from getting something good but I am making slow progress at least.

mate I liked the way gameplay feels. my two points are:
1. With manual passing I have to reduce passing error for me and cpu to 10 becouse passes are really weird even with top class players the made a lot of mistakes, first time passes were almost impossible.
2.Players need to get more closer, I mean mine players vs cpu players. there is a lot of space in the pitch especially on flanks.

Other than that amazing gameplay.
P.S I used only these 3 mods inside the zip.

I have been following the forum and passed the link on this forum to an EA developer. Thanks for Feedback.

Wow, if our efforts here end up having an effect on the official gameplay, it would be crazy!

If I had just ONE piece of feedback, or request, it would definitely be FUT playing differently than Offline/simulation. I understand superquick animations make for more responsive passing, but that's definitely parting away from reality and its simulation.

Sometimes if you "play" a fancy-pass with your central defender, the guy will actually pull his leg back and then kick the ball. That's not fancy, that's what happens with every pass actually, and it drives me crazy that that is not the default animation in some cases, instead of the move-foot-forward-ball-flies animation.

Back
Top Bottom