Fatigue

StayingPower

Premiership
2 April 2006
Houston
Manchester United
Fatigue in this game is not done very well at all. While the fact that most players are absolutely dead isn't THAT annoying, I don't think player's fatigue is modeled correctly. What I mean is that (and it's been documented on here by others) you can have one player sprint around the pitch for 90 minutes and have another player stand around for 90 minutes, and at the end of the game their fatigue levels will be exactly the same. This means either the algorithm for determining fatigue is completely buggered, or it determines fatigue levels by time and not the players' actions, which is not a very good way of doing it. I've noticed that in BAL, my player enters the 'red' at the same time in every match (the 65-66 minute mark).

Played through a season in BAL, can't say I agree that it's time related. If I run around like a headless chicken I'm in red before the 1st half is over. But I've had games where I haven't sprinted as much and the player stayed in the green after 45 mins. My player had stamina 70 btw.

I would also add that it seems that fatigue affects on the ball actions much more than off the ball actions. Therefore defenders are less affected than attackers so tactical substitutions - for example putting a fast winger on to take advantage of tired legs - are not as effective as they should be.

Edit: Gameklip - Just realized you were talking about Fifa, nice edit! :P

I think my issue with it is that I don't think player's stamina values have enough impact. Players all seem to accumulate roughly the same amount of fatigue regardless of their stamina attribute. This really lessens the usefulness of workhorse-style players like Park Ji-Sung, Fletcher, and Tevez.

What about the fact that goal keepers who have had no saves to make are as fatigued as the midfielders. Some aspects are done well (like how it affects movement and passing) but it needs A LOT of work.

Back
Top Bottom