FIFA 10

MokBull

Banned
25 January 2009
Cheltenham
Chelsea
According to fifa.easports.com (might wanna go check that out) more info on FIFA 10 will be released on June 4th! As of today, that's in fourteen days! I heard it on the FIFA 09 podcast today while playing the game, and apparently BIG NEWS will come out on June 4th! Very big news!

The questions I have for you:

1) What "big news" do you think will be released on June 4th?

2) Do you think you'll be surprised/happy/disappointed over said news?

AND

3) Exactly what changes do you think have been made from FIFA 09?

The site: fifa.easports.com

A moment of silence will now be observed for all PC users waiting to see the validity of the next-gen rumours...:WHISTLE:

The revealing of the game.

It probably won't be anything of news and more of a 'rooney is on the front of the box, 3000 changes to ai, and a secret new mode for online'

Some new animations, manager mode redesigns with some new features (though nothing close to what we'd want as they risk taking sales from their manager games) and then the same old goal exploits and bugs and the same old 'low league team suddenly has 5 star abilities' crap.

fifa10arshavinandpavlyu.jpg

The revealing of the game.

It probably won't be anything of news and more of a 'rooney is on the front of the box, 3000 changes to ai, and a secret new mode for online'

Some new animations, manager mode redesigns with some new features (though nothing close to what we'd want as they risk taking sales from their manager games) and then the same old goal exploits and bugs and the same old 'low league team suddenly has 5 star abilities' crap.

I'd love the big news to be they are melding the manager game into FIFA this would be a good way to keep it ahead of PES... ;)

With working for FSB both Mr Bauer and myself know things that we can't say or we get raped by EA bigwigs

I just want them to have spent all their time possible making an enthralling manager mode. it's the "single player campaign" of footy games yet it gets really neglected.

look at your average premier league season and you get some amazing things happening from poor refereeing to in-fighting to managers dealing with WAG infestation etc (Daniel Lloyd @ spurs for instance). it'd be great if that could all be reflected ingame.

i'd also like to see way more shooting animations (they don't seem to shoot across the ball or use the eyes and roll the ball in the corner etc). :)

im sure if u tell us we wont say anything? how will EA know? are they monitoring this forum? :LOL:
I can tell you that at least one person related to EA visits this forum. Apparently someone from Konami does as well. You'd be surprised, and bear in mind all of the improvements in FIFA of late have been based on the feedback of the FIFA players.

That's good to hear, some people here have great suggestions for improvements to the game which would make it more realistic - I hope they don't use their official forums as "fan feedback" with all the little kids on there...

Each new version of FIFA on 360/PS3 has been a huge step forward (Just try playing FIFA 08 then 09 straight after), if they can continue to do that then we will have a cracking game in FIFA 10.

Also jonney, even if someone from EA wasn't looking at this forum, one small leak here would be spread all over to other forums etc and EA would find out.

I can tell you that at least one person related to EA visits this forum. Apparently someone from Konami does as well. You'd be surprised, and bear in mind all of the improvements in FIFA of late have been based on the feedback of the FIFA players.
ooops

No more cursing of ea staff on here then

No, keep doing it if it gets the lazy bastards to listen. Why they haven't patched FIFA 09 to fix the numerous problems just with the Online Clubs section is beyond me.

Maybe they think that if they get rid of all of the glitches and exploits the morons who use them will trade the game or not buy future versions because they can't do them anymore to win.

Ignoring the fact that legitimate players are being turned away from the game with the exploits/cheaters in the game.

If EA read these forums then I hope to god they see sense and allow us to save our replays to our HDDs and THEN upload at a LATER date. They can't use the excuse that they want us to use Easportsworld and that's why we cant save because we'd STILL be using Easportsworld to upload the goals at the later date.

Maybe they could give us some better camera angles and so on in some kind of video editing mode. And then set that up to support some kind of top 10 uploads of the day and so on as voted by you using the fifa game.

Camera angles, a video editing app and the ability to upload to HD should be very, very low priorities on the list. Those things should be the LAST things added when FIFA hits its peak (maybe 11 or 12) before it begins to fall away again and either konami pick up the pace or a new competitor emerges.

Either way, I'd say the game represents about 20% of real football at the moment, so there's a long way to go with integral improvements to matches before they add minor functionality like that.

Yeah why not just bring back the classic replay saving. Saving a replay file that you can go into later with all the normal cameras and playback like the ingame replays. This video shit is pissing me off, I want replay files!

Just posted a little hint about the reveal in today's FSB podcast - well I say "hint", don't get your hopes up, the NDAs make it impossible to give details so it's more gentle reassurance (like a mother's love) for the guys expecting FIFA 10 to be FIFA 09-and-a-half, along with reasons why the announcement is worth waiting for.

Have a listen if you fancy it, the first ten minutes or so are FIFA 10 related, the rest of it is Be A Pro discussion: CLICK HERE

Talking about BAP improvements, but surely FIFA 10 is now feature-locked and it's a case of ironing out bugs rather than adding new features at this stage?

I really hope it is not online manager mode that they have focused on. It probably is because Chris sounds excited about it and you're a manager mode lover aren't you?

The only reason I hope they don't focus on it is because I don't really enjoy controlling all the players anymore so I would never touch that mode. So if I can be egoistic I hope it has something to do with a BAP mode :SMUG:

Camera angles, a video editing app and the ability to upload to HD should be very, very low priorities on the list. Those things should be the LAST things added when FIFA hits its peak (maybe 11 or 12) before it begins to fall away again and either konami pick up the pace or a new competitor emerges.

Either way, I'd say the game represents about 20% of real football at the moment, so there's a long way to go with integral improvements to matches before they add minor functionality like that.

Saving replays to the HDD should be one of the first things EA include as we've been asking for it for a couple of years. Plus it would be so simple to include; it's already in Madden, which gives you the option to upload to the woeful EASportsWorld at a later date. A much better way of doing things.

All they really have to do to BAP offline is copy PES's BA legend mode in the way that it feels like a real career rather than an arcadey '50 rated player keeps 97 ronaldo out of the team'. On the online fix the bugs/exploits/etc once and for all.

everything else with come with the general gameplay updates

Saving replays to the HDD should be one of the first things EA include as we've been asking for it for a couple of years. Plus it would be so simple to include; it's already in Madden, which gives you the option to upload to the woeful EASportsWorld at a later date. A much better way of doing things.

Madden is always a few steps ahead of fifa. They've had 'create a stadium' mode done and im sure i heard that the latest version has a manager mode side that sounds like a real manager mode.

Talking about BAP improvements, but surely FIFA 10 is now feature-locked and it's a case of ironing out bugs rather than adding new features at this stage?
Most likely - we were just going through what we'd like to see A) in-case any of it appears in FIFA 10 and B) for future reference if it isn't. We have to talk about something each week you know. ;)

Hmmm, what could it be?!

I'll go for a Clubs Manager Mode.........I.e. teams playing whole leagues against each other online with the eurocups and all that in it. Or Be-A-Pro Manager Mode where you can develope and get signed by teams online playing out real time leagues and stuff.

Can only imagine it to be in that direction, more people online in some form, as just adding extra league's or a more in depth single player Manager Mode just doesn't have the baggage for the title line.

Back
Top Bottom