Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Easier? Hmm, wonder why that's the case. I'd hoped that maybe it'd be more challenging because of the adjustments made to CPU tactics with the patch. Nuts.
The CPU just don’t attack me. And when they do, they pile everyone forward leaving huge space for me to ping a simple through ball over and score the 1v1 with GK.

The game is all over the place.

The CPU just don’t attack me. And when they do, they pile everyone forward leaving huge space for me to ping a simple through ball over and score the 1v1 with GK.

The game is all over the place.

Yeah my two biggest complaints playing single player right now is how passive the CPU is - in both attack and defense - and how poor the AI is at getting back into shape to prevent counter-attacks.

In attack, while the CPU will pass forward with speed, they don't dribble aggressively enough, both allowing you to catch them from behind and also they don't challenge you in 1-on-1 situations enough.

With defending, we're able to compensate somewhat by the AI not getting back into shape because we can see who's out of position and address it manually, but the CPU doesn't obviously. That means - I completely agree with you - that it's really easy to counter and exploit the space the CPU leaves open.

Shame is that the CPU in Squad Battles is pretty darn tough. Still doesn't dribble enough, but while I'm rarely scoring fewer than 3-4 goals in match in CM, it's rare that I score more than 2 in Squad Battles unless it's that much weaker of a team.

First game in my 3rd season,and my first game since the patch did update my sliders to latest OS set,minus a higher pass error 60/60 and a lower pass speed 25/15.
I had one hell of a game,really enjoyable,my first two seasons were good,but this setup felt lose and tons of mistake.
Me Southampton Vs Wolves,got beaten 1-0,and Adams (fastest in the PL?) were a fucking nightmare to keep track of.

I've finally found a game I can enjoy in this first thing was to try and establish why it looks so crap on my 4k TV. Switching to game mode and turning off all advanced colours etc changed immensely.. Looks far sharper and so much clearer.
I then have changed all my sliders not to find a simulation element that just doesn't exist but a game that flows with free ish passing (FT at 100 helps with freeing the ball up bit not for everyone) I'm enjoying this game now with other changes.. Plays quite similar to pes for me now

Switching to game mode and turning off all advanced colours etc changed immensely
I assume "switching to game mode" on your TV. What about Advanced Colours? That also on TV or in the game settings?
I have same issue and its only Fifa that looks crap. Other games are stunning looking.
then have changed all my sliders not to find a simulation element that just doesn't exist but a game that flows with free ish passing
Can you post them, pal?
I still havent fully given up on it.
Just waiting for them to patch physicality.

Yeah I'll post them later but it's the opposite direction to everyone else :)
Well, listen, its seems that i cant settle along with everyone else, so might as well experiment.
On Fifa18 i had all my sliders set by myself and they were all over the place but i did have lots of fun and most importantly - i had quite a lot of fouls, so maybe there is a method in "madness". ;)

Last edited:
I've found the AI doesn't foul nearly enough but by shielding and using r stick to back into people you can tactically win a few fouls . Not as good as a miss timed sliding tackle though.. Really need these in the game

For a few more fouls try adjusting speed differences between you and AI. For example I have my speed at 52 and AI at 49. I'm playing on legendary (they get a boost anyway) just for being a bit quicker initially leads to a few more foul attempts from the AI. Trouble is if your hammering the AI already in that level it may become easier

I've had situations when the Cpu has tackled me and hit my foot causing me to kick the ball out
And CPU gets the free throw.
The really need to address this asap,it's been poor since FIFA 17,and even if FIFA 16 had fouls,and an ok amount,it really needs to be more.
Playing derbies or rival games should be more aggressive
Can't understand they won't/can't fix this

Gave it a go with First Time touch error set to a 100 and surprisingly it was quite fun (on semi assist settings)

Still too many goals IMO and its too easy to score them. Had a long break and first game back im winning 4:2..
Might play around with shot error and GK ability to see if it changes anything.

Question - am I some simpleton, or you can't adjust brightness/colours of the game on ps4??

New 700MB patch out for PC - Should arrive on console next week?

Will put patch notes up shortly

EDIT:-
Don't worry just loads of changes to FUT and not gameplay

Last edited:
Gave it a go with First Time touch error set to a 100 and surprisingly it was quite fun (on semi assist settings)

Still too many goals IMO and its too easy to score them. Had a long break and first game back im winning 4:2..
Might play around with shot error and GK ability to see if it changes anything.

Question - am I some simpleton, or you can't adjust brightness/colours of the game on ps4??
my sliders are up now if you want to try in sliders thread. Slight change is that i have brought first touch down to 85 - still loose but quality players can control it. And ive increased my shot error to 58 and also accel for both AI and user to 49 to bring back some weight. Game is really nice now, that horrible ticka tacka has gone - even had 3 booking from ai last night (not saying it fixes fouls by any means) If you do try my set try a championship game then try Barcelona v Athletico - you can feel the difference in teams

Wow, i need some time to adjust either to the new patch or to the game since i haven't played it in a while.
Post patch it seems very hectic and end to end. This is using matt10's sliders.
Can't say i really like it right now, and I'm playing on slow with small teams.

Can't remember the game being like this. It was imo much slower / relaxed build up compared to what it is now.
Strange....

Interesting news. Long story short, someone has figured out a method to extrapolate the number of players to have played PS4 games using the videos I mentioned in the PS4 thread (these are NOT SALES, i.e. more than one user account can play one purchased copy of a game, HOWEVER it does provide an insight of sorts into how many copies are out there).

Here are FIFA's numbers. Remember, this is exclusively on PS4. Numbers are accurate as of mid-November (so don't include things like copies bought for Christmas):

5IfA5wx.png

For more, including PES's figures and all the working, please see (and discuss in) the FIFA & PES: Contrast & Compare thread.

Last edited:
Wow, i need some time to adjust either to the new patch or to the game since i haven't played it in a while.
Post patch it seems very hectic and end to end. This is using matt10's sliders.
Can't say i really like it right now, and I'm playing on slow with small teams.

Can't remember the game being like this. It was imo much slower / relaxed build up compared to what it is now.
Strange....

I think you're right. Took me a few days to realize it but the game does seem to be more frantic now than before. I was using coop camera which I love, but my relationship with it became untenable due to the increase in game speed. Now I'm using default camera, which seems a bit close for my liking but does seem to slow the game down some. Not an ideal view to play complete football with, though.

I'm on default camera,15 Min,slow game speed,35 sprint,25/15 pass speed and the game the past 5-6 games I've played have been end to end hockey games.
It's not really enjoyable right now.
And the icing on the cake is CPU passing it without looking,players skating around etc.
It's really gone downhill.
Had two very good seasons,but now it's hard to be happy

Last edited:
So it's not only me then.
I see the cpu hitting a lot of perfect first time passes.
They don't build up at all anymore, just try to get it to their striker all the time, no midfield play whatsoever.

I think that not having stops in the game (freekicks) and also that the Cpu never has to be careful when defending,it rarely gets to the situation where they're on yellow cards and me as the hum can try to exploit that.
Those things makes the game a bit more frantic than needed.

I think generally this game has a solid ai,but I'm really baffled that they can't fix fouls and realistic ball physics
It's been like this for far to long.

I think that not having stops in the game (freekicks) and also that the Cpu never has to be careful when defending,it rarely gets to the situation where they're on yellow cards and me as the hum can try to exploit that.
Those things makes the game a bit more frantic than needed.

I think generally this game has a solid ai,but I'm really baffled that they can't fix fouls and realistic ball physics
It's been like this for far to long.
Agreed. Some of the ball physics are starting to grate on me now after 3 months. The rocket propelled defensive headers and random deflections are the biggest offenders.

Agreed. Some of the ball physics are starting to grate on me now after 3 months. The rocket propelled defensive headers and random deflections are the biggest offenders.
I played some FIFA 15 and 16 today,though they're much stiffer,and not as good as 19 ,there is some elements being much better there,ball physics and random bounces etc that has been lost.
I think the latest patch gas done this game lless good Vs previous

I played some FIFA 15 and 16 today,though they're much stiffer,and not as good as 19 ,there is some elements being much better there,ball physics and random bounces etc that has been lost.
I think the latest patch gas done this game lless good Vs previous

I think the patience of the AI in 16 was one we may not ever see again. Ironically, that was when the driven pass was introduced, and now it is a staple of how the AI attacks in 19. Without the patience.

I think the patience of the AI in 16 was one we may not ever see again. Ironically, that was when the driven pass was introduced, and now it is a staple of how the AI attacks in 19. Without the patience.
Yes sir,I noticed that when playing it earlier,not as often as on FIFA 18 if I remember correctly,that's pretty much the game that spells driven pass to me.

Tons of good stuff in FIFA 19,wish it could have,like you said,more patience.
My slider setup ( OS I believe) has a higher,much higher sprint/acc values,50-52 I think,yet it feels less frantic than all games after 16.

Hopefully we'll get a more balanced game in the upcoming patches,even though I'm pretty pleased (magnetic Def from 18 gone) with it,I feel that when playing other games that it is quite good.
Some polishing on ball physics would be good to.

Had a decent amount of penalties season one and two,even had games where I was awarded two.
But I only had one in my third season,anyone in the same boat?
Could be the fact I'm playing L1,and players are less agressive than PL/EFL

Back
Top Bottom