FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

Yeah you definitely need to jump earlier, especially when the ball is coming to a defender/midfielder who has an opponent in front of them, jumping early seems to help stop the opponent from jumping.

So the Black Friday deals have begun and I have seen FIFA 19 at 40% off on Origin. I am considering picking it up, but after playing a 10 hour trial I have some concerns. Playing FIFA 19 back to back with FIFA 18, I was surprised how 18 held up in some areas.

FIFA 19
+ Licenses (obviously)
+ deft contextual dribbling touches.
+ improved physicality
+ variable and intelligent AI movement off the ball

FIFA 18
+ Ball physics much better for me than 19.
+ AI playing with more variety in possession on the ball, not all one-touch tiki taka, like FIFA 19.
+ AI has plenty of variety with approaches and shots at goal, not all first touch shots at goal like FIFA 19.
+ I feel like battles in the air for headers are an even contest, unlike FIFA 19 where the AI seemed to win every one.

My question is, do others find them a problem, and can these problems with FIFA 19 be mitigated with sliders and tactics at all?
I think the ball physics are terrible in this game (certainly compared the pes) I think because it slows down to quick it disturbs the flow of the game

My question is, do others find them a problem, and can these problems with FIFA 19 be mitigated with sliders and tactics at all?

FIFA 18
+ Ball physics much better for me than 19.
+ AI playing with more variety in possession on the ball, not all one-touch tiki taka, like FIFA 19.
+ AI has plenty of variety with approaches and shots at goal, not all first touch shots at goal like FIFA 19.
+ I feel like battles in the air for headers are an even contest, unlike FIFA 19 where the AI seemed to win every one.
All of my responses are because of the sliders I use - but ball physics I don't have a problem with (yes, the ball does stick to the ground, but watching Premier League games and even Tranmere's FA Cup game at non-league Oxford City this week, I'd say it's closer to realistic than we'd like to think - I think the real issue is that the ball moves so quickly without sliders, it is crazy).

I take your point with the AI in possession, and the difference in play tends to be only visible when teams have large tactical differences between each-other (something you don't see in lower leagues). That being said, the attributes mean a lot more - I've just gone on a run on World Class where I lost 3-1, drew 0-0 and won 4-0, because of the strengths of the opponents in my weakest areas.

I've not had an issue with air battles either - my strongest player is a donkey of a centre-back, who's slow as a snail but big in the air, and he wins all my headers for me.

All this said - A) it's been a little too easy for me for a while (although with my current sliders on World Class I'm getting challenged again), B) if you play online, you can't use sliders, and it'd be way too fast for me, and C) there is a patch that's just dropped that nerfs AI defending (for online players), and nobody really knows if that messes up the game offline yet.

@Matt10 posted a video of the AI using build-up play for once, from the latest patch, and seems to think it's an improvement - but I've not seen anybody else's impressions yet!

Thanks for your response Chris. I don't play online often, mostly local MP and exhibition matches against AI. I didn't have enough time in the 10 hour trial to tinker with sliders as much as I'd like to have. My last half dozen matches on Friday I may have seen the worst of FIFA 19 AI then.

I'll be interested to hear what you guys think of the new patch.

Thanks for your response Chris. I don't play online often, mostly local MP and exhibition matches against AI. I didn't have enough time in the 10 hour trial to tinker with sliders as much as I'd like to have. My last half dozen matches on Friday I may have seen the worst of FIFA 19 AI then.

I'll be interested to hear what you guys think of the new patch.
It's not out on console for another week, so I'm eager to hear some opinions too...

P.S. - I've just been on Operation Sports and I'll hold my hands up, there are a couple of guys there talking about conceding headers too often (as you were alluding to), so maybe it is an issue! I conceded a header from outside the box last night that crept in underneath the keeper (who wasn't expecting it), but I thought it looked like a typical League Two goal (i.e. not very technical) - but it's never felt unfair to me.

Main gripes after the new pc patch:

(30+ games in career mode on different difficulties, sliders and manual/semi settings, 10 min halves)

- Zero fouls for me on most games (Pretty pathetic at this stage the lack of fouls on both games)
- An average of 4 or 5 shots hit the woodwork per game, Kills immersion
- Headers are OP

Otherwise the AI isn't as repetitive and I've felt player stats shine on professional full manual.

Overall the game is fantastic in every aspect other than the stale gameplay that keeps going around in circles every year.

For anyone who hasn't picked it up, FIFA 19 on PC is 55% off on Amazon US today. US$27. Yesterday it was 40% off so it may possibly go lower or back up.

Last edited:
i played seasons and pro club yesterday .... hmmm 4 hours and assisted controls is nightmare :/95% players know only one tactic---> ultra accurate assisted long ball to winger then cross to striker or triangle button spaming - it's like they don't know how to create goal chance so they use easiest way to score goal , i dont know who is more inteligent , AI or online players ? :D also i wanted to play season with semi assisted but guees what ? i didn't find even single person :/

I just wanted to thank everyone for replying last week to my concerns about FIFA 19 after my 10 hour trial. Having bought the game and played a lot the last week, I found you guys were spot on.

With sliders I could mitigate those early concerns about AI tiki-taka (37 AI pass speed slider, 57 ball control). I no longer had problems winning headers after I increased the Power Bar setting to 53, which appears to also speed up animations and player reaction times to be on par with AI. It also appears to change AI behavior too, as the AI plans moves and passes based upon risk of losing possession, and faster player reaction times makes the AI slower and more cautious in attack.

The main AI issue that still concerns me is the AI still one-shots at goal. The last player to touch the ball almost always strikes as their first touch. There's very little variety in that aspect, I am finding. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has solved that with sliders or a locale.ini tweak.

Hey guys. So can anybody point me to what edits you are using on the PC right now? So like what locale.ini table you are using and if there is a cheat table this year yet for career mode?

Hey guys. So can anybody point me to what edits you are using on the PC right now? So like what locale.ini table you are using and if there is a cheat table this year yet for career mode?

There is a cheat table available this year.

It is useful as allows you to change stadium at anytime which is useful when your a L2 team going through the ranks.
It also adds the ability to sign players without having to scout them first which is a massive issue with the game.

Has anyone worked out how to get multi language commentary going in game? The method from last year, using Origin to change language, downloading new commentary within Origin, and re-starting FIFA, doesn't seem to work this year. :CRY:

Has anyone worked out how to get multi language commentary going in game? The method from last year, using Origin to change language, downloading new commentary within Origin, and re-starting FIFA, doesn't seem to work this year. :CRY:
Where did you change the language in Origin? Apparently it should work when you change it in the specific game settings, but the commentary of the old language gets deleted then.

Where did you change the language in Origin? Apparently it should work when you change it in the specific game settings, but the commentary of the old language gets deleted then.

Maybe back-up the current language files before changing Origin's game language? So that once it downloads the new files, you can also restore the old ones and have both?.

Haven't tried it on FIFA, but I did that on PES and it worked. Now I have English and Spanish commentaries selectable ingame.

Thanks for the suggestions Majuh and Chuny. I shall do some trials and post results. The challenge is that there are many localization files, and they are in at least six different folders for each language. In older FIFAs it was much simpler.

It seems that the large (1GB+) commentary files are not deleted when switching languages in Origin/FIFA 19 launch options, but I am trying to find which files are changed or deleted pointing to those commentary files. :JAY:

Placebo or somebody experienced please, i have a question, because I don´t have any experience with Fifa edit (I have only experience with PES editing). I just downloaded fidel´s ini, because i want more fouls. There are 4 folders in that rar : "AGPE AI", "AGPE_COM_DB", "INFO_PICS" and "SUGGESTED GAME SETTINGS".

So, I suppose, that I should copy things from "AGPE AI" and "AGPE_COM_DB" to the Fifa´s main folder or "data" folder? Or do i need some another special software to import these? I checked info, but there are only tips for instalation for Fifa 18, not 19. So I am confused. Thank you for reply and help.

EDIT: And also question... where should I copy this file from second folder of the rar - "Squads_COM_AGPE_001"?

Squad files go to: C:\Documents and Settings\PRS\Documents\FIFA 19\settings

PRS = my name so your folder equivalent obviously!

locale.ini files go to: D:\Games\FIFA 19\Data

Personally I don't use his squad files because he massively changes stats to achieve his goals, many people are happy with how that works but it's not for me, I just use his ini

Personally I don't use his squad files because he massively changes stats to achieve his goals, many people are happy with how that works but it's not for me, I just use his ini

Had no idea there was .ini around this year. To be honest I tought it died with Fifa 16, but it's probably just me not paying enough attention since Fifa modding became an hot mess from 17 onwards.

What does it change anyway?

Thanks a lot! Last question... If I copy it into my game folders ... Do I have to start my career and season again or I can just continue in the middle of the season with these changes and ini will influence my game?

.ini should influence an ongoing save no problem, works for me, the best way to test is to play around with:

FORCE_INTRO_CONFETTI=0
FORCE_TEAM_BANNERS=1
FORCE_FLAME_STANCHION=0
FORCE_PITCH_ADS=0
FORCE_GOAL_ADS=0

If you see those changes ingame it's working, pitch/goal ads is a good one I hate those EA Sports banners beside the goals.

What does it change anyway?

That's hard to really answer, Fidel is a great guy that offers much to the community but he's the master of hyperbole so he writes amazing things that his ini/squad files change and some people see it and some don't, I'd say I enjoy using his ini and leave anything else to each person's own experiences/imagination :)

To be honest I remember .ini in Fifa 16 to be a pretty solid and tangible work. Like you could isolate in game almost immediately the changes you did in it. Will gonna try out this one, at least when I'll be able to download it since for some strange bug of Mediafire (or maybe of my connection) the download just stops at 2 megabytes :BORED:.

To be honest I remember .ini in Fifa 16 to be a pretty solid and tangible work. Like you could isolate in game almost immediately the changes you did in it. Will gonna try out this one, at least when I'll be able to download it since for some strange bug of Mediafire (or maybe of my connection) the download just stops at 2 megabytes :BORED:.

Like placebo said above it's hard to give a definitive answer but unfortunately I think this ended with fifa 18, when they introduced the Squad Battles mode. You can play against the AI for fut rewards & packs so they are not gonna let you tweak gameplay or AI in the ini file as it could be used for "cheating". Visual stuff (tweaking goalnets, banners, etc) still works but that's it as far as I can tell, "important" stuff is likely protected in memory/exe, at least as far as I could tell trying the ini and digging around myself.

He did release an edited squad file/database for CM some time ago and this did have an effect when I tried it. But if people are hoping for things like more fouls, stricter refs, tweaked difficulty and physics, etc, nothing seems to have an effect anymore.

Last edited:
I have been locale.ini tweaking the last few days and it's surprised me how much you can still change the AI and gameplay in FIFA 19. I start with Paul's ini, which has always been good and includes some documentation. https://www.moddingway.com/forums/thread-31620.html

I hate the way the AI cheats by default, shrugging off tackles, ignoring my pushes and pulling, as well as its 'movement prediction' to stay out of tackle range. It drives me nuts and makes for a boring game, because I just have to to wait for an unforced passing error or poor first touch (somewhat better if those sliders are bumped). But it's a much better and more diverse game for me when the AI doesn't get hidden buffs.

I am working towards increasing variety in AI attacks and reducing the AI taking first touch shots at goal so often.

I've also found ini tweaks can help increase fouls and cards somewhat, but it still helps to work for them a little, as in the default game. The last couple of games I have been given a penalty each match, with two poorly judged, and desperate, slides by the AI in the box.

Just a note about Paul's locale.ini. The following line should be commented out (with //) or deleted if you are happy with your game speed, as this seems to be a global game speed setting.
ContextEffectDistance=0.9

I have been locale.ini tweaking the last few days and it's surprised me how much you can still change the AI and gameplay in FIFA 19. I start with Paul's ini, which has always been good and includes some documentation. https://www.moddingway.com/forums/thread-31620.html

I hate the way the AI cheats by default, shrugging off tackles, ignoring my pushes and pulling, as well as its 'movement prediction' to stay out of tackle range. It drives me nuts and makes for a boring game, because I just have to to wait for an unforced passing error or poor first touch (somewhat better if those sliders are bumped). But it's a much better and more diverse game for me when the AI doesn't get hidden buffs.

I am working towards increasing variety in AI attacks and reducing the AI taking first touch shots at goal so often.

I've also found ini tweaks can help increase fouls and cards somewhat, but it still helps to work for them a little, as in the default game. The last couple of games I have been given a penalty each match, with two poorly judged, and desperate, slides by the AI in the box.

Just a note about Paul's locale.ini. The following line should be commented out (with //) or deleted if you are happy with your game speed, as this seems to be a global game speed setting.
ContextEffectDistance=0.9

Upload yours, please?

Back
Top Bottom