FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Still no build up play from the CPU?
Just forward and sideways?
Haven't touched it in ages.

Being honest Rock, when I played it last week it played alright. I found the CPU playing backwards too and I found the build ups quite good and not all end to end. In one match Spurs v Leicester in the first half we only had about 2 shots each because there was quite a midfield battle going on,

I only played about 4 games though. Next week I will play some more.

Being honest Rock, when I played it last week it played alright. I found the CPU playing backwards too and I found the build ups quite good and not all end to end. In one match Spurs v Leicester in the first half we only had about 2 shots each because there was quite a midfield battle going on,

I only played about 4 games though. Next week I will play some more.
Sounds promising @geeeeee ,remember how shit it was on release.
I think I'll reinstall it again.
Thanks mate

Bare in mind @rockstrongo that i am not great at the game so you may find it easy and boring.

I am using Matts sliders, World Class, Slow, and for me it needs to be full manual.

What has helped me to enjoy it more is to try to be content with how it plays. Maybe because I have been playing a lot of PES2008 i have learnt that i wont find a perfect game. I try to look over the errors and see the positives. Classic PES’ were erm... classics but they were far from perfect. ;)

Bare in mind @rockstrongo that i am not great at the game so you may find it easy and boring.

I am using Matts sliders, World Class, Slow, and for me it needs to be full manual.

What has helped me to enjoy it more is to try to be content with how it plays. Maybe because I have been playing a lot of PES2008 i have learnt that i wont find a perfect game. I try to look over the errors and see the positives. Classic PES’ were erm... classics but they were far from perfect. ;)
That's a good mindset,I try to apply it on both FIFA 17-18 and also on Pes 17-18-20.
It's hard finding a balance between a blunt CPU and a very (overpowered) sharp CPU.
I haven't made the switch to manual on FIFA,semi shooting+semi passing and manual all else,gives me a pretty good challenge on LEG for 17+18.
I'll try to get back to football gaming again,what kills it is rarely the gameplay it is what it is ,more a question of the game mode itself being really shallow (at least for me playing mainly 2k)
But yeah I need to get back to football gaming again.

Or shallow might not be the correct description,more lack of choices how you set up your managerial career that gets me.
Am I the coach?
Or do I have to setup a bunch of other stuff,like youth academy/scout network etc.
I want all that I'm not interested in to be set to auto and just coach.
Maybe start as a youth coach.
Or maybe run things at a general manager level (and play)

This game and franchise needs to step up in those departments.
Choices and configuration

I don’t mind this bit

“An easy passing situation generally occurs when there is no pressure or interference from the defending team, and when the pass is performed at a reasonable angle and distance.”

As long as it does not make it easier to do harder passes or when there is pressure. I’m forever giving the ball away in what should be an easy passing situation of a few yards away on FUMA.

Where ground passing has been made even easier.

Fucking unreal.

What a joke!

But a great opportunity to compile some of the ridiculous passes I've seen in this game during my trial period.
These are cpu passes on legendary (only the last one was me I think), so it doesn't really matter if you're playing on manual/semi.

I've never seen a misplaced pass and thought "gee, passing is broken, this pass should work". I've only read so from some fut people (not all, a few have not completely lost the plot yet). But I am seeing passes that shouldn't even be attempted by any sane player. Passing is a stupid joke since fifa 18.

Last edited:
So how is it now with the latest update? I hope the AI is more lethal.
Well I have to admit, I'm really surprised.

In my very first match since the patch, with @Matt10's latest sliders (altered marginally to account for the default match length), I saw loads of stuff that either I'd not really seen before, or that was just *much worse* before.

Normal speed seems a little more sensible, the short pass accuracy is actually a big help if you play on semi passing (like me) and removes the horrible inconsistency (from perfect pass to a terribly underpowered one with the exact same input) it's had since Frostbite was introduced...

I had an enjoyable few games last night and I wasn't expecting to play the game again this year.

Clips below, taken with a phone so sorry for the quality but I don't think my PC is powerful enough to capture on the fly...

Clips below, taken with a phone so sorry for the quality but I don't think my PC is powerful enough to capture on the fly...

Pfft how rude! ;)

Use AMD Relive, I captured plenty of game footage with the same hardware you're using! All of the videos on my youtube channel are using the same 8350 CPU and RX580 GPU :)

Last edited:
I just had a really intriguing match against Arsenal at Anfield. I thought I had a pretty strong line up, the usual suspects with my new boys, Arthur and Paqueta shoring up the midfield. Arsenal had their usual front 3, Auba coming in from the left, Laca top and Pepe right with Ceballos just behing Laca. Against the run of play, they broke the deadlock with some Ceballos trickery bamboozling Van Dijk (0-1).

Undeterred, I pressed on, trusting that I had better players and being ever so confident of my homeground advantage. I pushed my midfield up, trying to get Arthur and Paqueta into the game as they were both stinking the pitch up. Arsenal were passing around them and Arthur's short legs couldn't move fast enough to keep up. Paqueta was channelling Milan's eternal funk but I had faith in him. Furthermore, I sold Fabian to get him in. Tierney intercepted a loose pass in midfield, pushed up and sent a delightful ball in for Lacazette who volleyed it in first time, the French twat.

I was getting nowhere down the flanks. Trent and Robbo were pinned back by Pepe and Lacazette. Arthur couldn't keep up with Lacazette/Tierney so Trent had very little cover. I was planning to sub Paqueta and Arthur off for Wijnaldum and Keita and try my luck down the middle. 65th minute, Arthur played Salah in via the middle and Salah measured a pass for Firmino to fire us in a goal. Boss.

73th minute. I noticed David Luiz was pushing up and leaving a massive gap (as usual) every time so we pretty much went the same route and Bobby pulled us level. Keita spotted the gap and sent him on his way with a beautiful pass. Score.

93rd minute and 1 minute of extra time left. I set Salah to stay up, gambling that he'd have a last burst of fire to pull away from Arsenal's fast tiring centrebacks and I was proven right. He opened his body up and went for placement, for 3-2! What a game, what a rush! This is using Paulv2k4's Career Realism mod.

FIFA-20-Screenshot-2019-11-20-20-19-48-62.png

Last edited:
Well I have to admit, I'm really surprised.

In my very first match since the patch, with @Matt10's latest sliders (altered marginally to account for the default match length), I saw loads of stuff that either I'd not really seen before, or that was just *much worse* before.

Normal speed seems a little more sensible, the short pass accuracy is actually a big help if you play on semi passing (like me) and removes the horrible inconsistency (from perfect pass to a terribly underpowered one with the exact same input) it's had since Frostbite was introduced...

I had an enjoyable few games last night and I wasn't expecting to play the game again this year.

I always love your commentary, even if you're using a potato to record.

I just had a really intriguing match against Arsenal at Anfield. I thought I had a pretty strong line up, the usual suspects with my new boys, Arthur and Paqueta shoring up the midfield. Arsenal had their usual front 3, Auba coming in from the left, Laca top and Pepe right with Ceballos just behing Laca. Against the run of play, they broke the deadlock with some Ceballos trickery bamboozling Van Dijk (0-1).

Undeterred, I pressed on, trusting that I had better players and being ever so confident of my homeground advantage. I pushed my midfield up, trying to get Arthur and Paqueta into the game as they were both stinking the pitch up. Arsenal were passing around them and Arthur's short legs couldn't move fast enough to keep up. Paqueta was channelling Milan's eternal funk but I had faith in him. Furthermore, I sold Fabian to get him in. Tierney intercepted a loose pass in midfield, pushed up and sent a delightful ball in for Lacazette who volleyed it in first time, the French twat.

I was getting nowhere down the flanks. Trent and Robbo were pinned back by Pepe and Lacazette. Arthur couldn't keep up with Lacazette/Tierney so Trent had very little cover. I was planning to sub Paqueta and Arthur off for Wijnaldum and Keita and try my luck down the middle. 65th minute, Arthur played Salah in via the middle and Salah measured a pass for Firmino to fire us in a goal. Boss.

73th minute. I noticed David Luiz was pushing up and leaving a massive gap (as usual) every time so we pretty much went the same route and Bobby pulled us level. Keita spotted the gap and sent him on his way with a beautiful pass. Score.

93rd minute and 1 minute of extra time left. I set Salah to stay up, gambling that he'd have a last burst of fire to pull away from Arsenal's fast tiring centrebacks and I was proven right. He opened his body up and went for placement, for 3-2! What a game, what a rush! This is using Paulv2k4's Career Realism mod.

FIFA-20-Screenshot-2019-11-20-20-19-48-62.png
typical arsenal. shite :-)

partnership announced before final,so next fifa i guess full conmebol like uefa,also there are few brazilian teams in the video Gremio,flamengo maybe brazilian league licensed back?
The Copa Libertadores license comes with all participating teams.

Got my hands on a 10 hour trial of FIFA 20 this week and like it a lot, surprisingly, and wondered if any of you long termers have any idea when it starts getting discounts, PES gets discounts within weeks so not sure whether to hold off a bit or invest in it digitally for over £50 which seems a bit steep tbh.

Got my hands on a 10 hour trial of FIFA 20 this week and like it a lot, surprisingly, and wondered if any of you long termers have any idea when it starts getting discounts, PES gets discounts within weeks so not sure whether to hold off a bit or invest in it digitally for over £50 which seems a bit steep tbh.
Probably not Black Friday, maybe Christmas. They don't tend to cut the price often, though, because it continues to sell at huge volumes all year round.

Last edited:

The movement/animation for that first goal is terrible, He has his back to goal and instantly just turns around. Flash Gordon couldnt even turn the way that player does. Then the rest just seems janky the way he moves.

Salah goal is lovely and a carbon copy of my first ever Fifa 20 goal last night. It's a lovely animation for the finish.

Back
Top Bottom