FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I did notice the CPU was a bit passive in the video although i have not experienced passing or running past them myself.

Maybe as Matt says it’s the tactics. Havent played for a week and a half so once i do i will post a video to show if some teams are more aggressive or not.

Sorry to quote myself but I said I was going to post a video of my experience so far in FIFA regarding the ‘passiveness‘ that I am reading a lot about.

First game for a week and decided to start a CM with Southend. First game in the friendly tournament.

2 videos, 2 halves, quite long but you can fast forward to the end of the 2nd video to see the amount of tackles the CPU did. I don’t find the CPU passive. But it could be because I am as bad as Emroth :P , maybe the way I play, because I am on FUMA so passes are short slightly off target sometimes.

Admittedly more shots by me but the CPU were down to 10 men for the majority of the match.

Really enjoying the game at the moment and I know that a lot of that is down to FUMA.

Oh yes and a terrible penalty miss by me in the first half. I didnt really know what to do and I left the target on which suddenly grew bigger and bigger :LOL:

Quick question maybe someone can provide some feedback... I recently installed FIFA 17 and found it enjoyable, it took some time to get used to its movements after playing PES these past 2 years. Im kinda looking to do a career as ML has its scripting issues.
My question. does FIFA20 provide any improvements in gameplay over FIFA 17/18?
Or basically just stick to the old '17

How do you feel on the inertia/body weight Matt? Do you find it realistic, acceptable or non existent?

The lower in Sprint you go, the more you can feel weight of players. However, it's a balancing act with FIFA because going against the way the game is designed can cause issues. Inertia has not been around in FIFA since maybe 14, and even then it was a stretch. The game's built off of fast-twitch muscles and fast responses.

What I will say though is FIFA has to live in the FUT world. While this can be considered a negative, it does present the notion that the players must absolutely be in-tune with its ratings. From that position, you can definitely feel the difference in players as a result. This is why I like sliders because it is a global tool that adjusts those ratings, while still giving the option to adjust the positional lines.

Oh yes and a terrible penalty miss by me in the first half. I didnt really know what to do and I left the target on which suddenly grew bigger and bigger
:LOL:
That penalty made me laugh.
So far I had 3 sets of penalty kicks in cup matches. Won all. I've been very lucky with GK diving directions. I keep guessing it! :LOL:

I forgot to mention - there is so many little gameplay touches in Fifa. Its much deeper game than it seems.
L1 dribbling, normal dribbling, some straffe dribbling (that I forgot controls for), all the driven passes, lifted through passes, R1+L1 low shots/downwards headers.. there is so much of it that I keep trying to remember and implement one. Coz every time I read whole manual - by the end I dont remember half of it.. :LOL:

Also - love tactical defending. Most enjoyable since Fifa18. Finally I feel like positioning and timing matters and finally I can see and feel the effect of my tackles.
(But thats unpopular opinion. I know a lot of people dont like tactical defending)

@el niche - not sure how to help you there, pal. I never played Fifa17.
I enjoyed Fifa18, didnt like Fifa19, enjoying Fifa20.
But, as you can see, a lot depends on your settings and skills. If you're a good Fifa player - you might find 20 too easy.

But, as you can see, a lot depends on your settings and skills. If you're a good Fifa player - you might find 20 too easy.

Thank you. I also played FIFA18. Do you see improvements in the engine? does it feel a bit more fluid? Or is it basically a prettier '18
Im a very average FIFA player so for now I dont think ill have problems with difficulty.

Thank you. I also played FIFA18. Do you see improvements in the engine? does it feel a bit more fluid? Or is it basically a prettier '18
Im a very average FIFA player so for now I dont think ill have problems with difficulty.
Oh boy.. havent played 18 for a very long time.. but from what I remember - 18 for me was a very enjoyable and smooth football game. Only problem was - it felt very unresponsive to me. To create an attack - I had to always be two steps ahead with my input. At times it felt like deja vu - watching action that I performed few seconds before..

20 is very responsive and (IMO) it doesnt suffer much "glitching" wise. Players in 19 had these sudden tweaks, shivers... like they were glitching. (Which could be a result of big difference in speed/acceleration sliders, since 19 was very fast and had to be heavily slowed down)
It feels smooth and responsive at the same time. Pace is nice. Career Mode is improved. If 18 was the last one you played - with 20 you'll get all La Liga stadiums, most of Bundesliga stadiums and 3rd Bundesliga division.

So its quite a lot, providing you'll get a decent price.

I went back to this for a session earlier. It's so bad.

I can't get past how weird and floaty the players feel. They're light as feathers. Pace is ridiculously fast. I just don't understand why EA think this is acceptable? The shooting is sublime. But that's it, that's where the plaudits start and end.

Oh, I played as Man Utd away at Wolves. Ultimate. I won 4-0 without really trying.

So boring. And the managers you can design look so stupid. I've tried to get my dude to look at least 40 years old but he still looks younger than most of my players. Such a pointless add-on/gimmick.

So far I had 3 sets of penalty kicks in cup matches. Won all. I've been very lucky with GK diving directions. I keep guessing it! :LOL:

I forgot to mention - there is so many little gameplay touches in Fifa. Its much deeper game than it seems.
L1 dribbling, normal dribbling, some straffe dribbling (that I forgot controls for), all the driven passes, lifted through passes, R1+L1 low shots/downwards headers.. there is so much of it that I keep trying to remember and implement one. Coz every time I read whole manual - by the end I dont remember half of it.. :LOL:

Also - love tactical defending. Most enjoyable since Fifa18. Finally I feel like positioning and timing matters and finally I can see and feel the effect of my tackles.
(But thats unpopular opinion. I know a lot of people dont like tactical defending)

Well said. I honestly spend a lot of time in FIFA replays. I tend to always have my screen-recording software ready to capture something cool.

Still getting used to tactical defending. I forced myself to get away from legacy defending because I started playing a lot of Pro Clubs the last year or so.

The only trick i try is the feint shooting and i also try it in the middle of the pitch and it works ok but the other combinations are too brain straining for me.

Have you got the hang of direct free kicks? Everytime i get one i fluff it and i promise i will read the instructions for the next one but i never do :LOL:

Well said. I honestly spend a lot of time in FIFA replays. I tend to always have my screen-recording software ready to capture something cool.

Still getting used to tactical defending. I forced myself to get away from legacy defending because I started playing a lot of Pro Clubs the last year or so.

I still use Legacy because i don’t like the ‘force field’ round the players.

Does the new patch make it even better Matt? I’m on PS4 so haven't played it yet.

Have you got the hang of direct free kicks? Everytime i get one i fluff it and i promise i will read the instructions for the next one but i never do :LOL:
Im the opposite - i read the instructions and watched tutorials on youtube, but I didnt have a single direct free kick yet.. :LOL:

still use Legacy because i don’t like the ‘force field’ round the players
I dont have this issue, coz i never use Contain on Fifa with tactical defending. Im tracking them down myself and jockey a lot. And when i see an opening - Skadoosh!

17th place so far.. if I carry on like that ill be sacked! But the team is happy, coz I let them play if they ask me and hug them a lot during press conferences. Bit like Jurgen Klopp. Just really really shite. :LOL:

The only trick i try is the feint shooting and i also try it in the middle of the pitch and it works ok but the other combinations are too brain straining for me.

I still use Legacy because i don’t like the ‘force field’ round the players.

Does the new patch make it even better Matt? I’m on PS4 so haven't played it yet.

The new patch was small in terms of gameplay adjustments. However, it helped our sliders because pass error for the CPU had moments in which the CBs would mis-hit their passes forward at times. That's been fixed with the patch. Of course on the other side of that, the patch addressed free-kick low pass speeds to make them very fast. I didn't think this was even an issue, but thankfully it doesn't affect gameplay much at all - just looks a bit strange to see how super fast the ball gets out.

Other than that, a lot of 1.07 remains, which was still a solid update to me.

I went back to this for a session earlier. It's so bad.

I can't get past how weird and floaty the players feel. They're light as feathers. Pace is ridiculously fast. I just don't understand why EA think this is acceptable? The shooting is sublime. But that's it, that's where the plaudits start and end.

Oh, I played as Man Utd away at Wolves. Ultimate. I won 4-0 without really trying.

So boring. And the managers you can design look so stupid. I've tried to get my dude to look at least 40 years old but he still looks younger than most of my players. Such a pointless add-on/gimmick.

Hi
I saw your message.
Did you try my set of sliders ?

Speed : Normal
Difficulty : Legend

Sprint - 28/28
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/62
Pass Error - 55/62
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 28/28
Injury Freq - 70/56
Injury Sev - 20/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/53
Run Freq - 27/40
Height - 60/55
Length - 48/55
Width - 51/55
FB Pos - 49/45
FT Control - 55/64

Hi
I saw your message.
Did you try my set of sliders ?

Speed : Normal
Difficulty : Legend

Sprint - 28/28
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/62
Pass Error - 55/62
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 28/28
Injury Freq - 70/56
Injury Sev - 20/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/53
Run Freq - 27/40
Height - 60/55
Length - 48/55
Width - 51/55
FB Pos - 49/45
FT Control - 55/64
I’ll give them a try thanks!

i played last time hmmmm..... month ago and it was game breaker for me. AI deffensive line didnt exist on slow . On normal speed was ok but too fast for me. Thats why i asking.

New PC Title update available.

800MB will post changes in a bit.

Hopefully it will be improved as first time played in a month.

EDIT:-
Might be PC only.
Addresses issues of crashing when title is launched.

Holy crap. Just tried Paul's Version 3 Alpha 5 which is the Total one. And the game is so good. I feel inertia now and good dribblers is so much fun to play with. Also bigger teams are much harder to beat now and less chaotic matches too. There are couple of bugs which paul is aware of like the through pass in assisted but it's so much worth it.

Newest patch on ps4 doesnt seems to have a negative effect anywhere on the pitch.
There was only one tweak I had to do to @Matt10 sliders, but it was actually reverting to what he recommended.
Since im on manual - I had my pass speed on 50, not 48, as I was underhitting a lot of passes. Especially passes from GK to my players were a bit dodgy.
This patch increased the ball speed during Goal Kick and its a noticable increase. As a result - my players had troubles controlling GK passes on 50 pass speed, having themselves Speed set to 48.
Anyway - positive patch, didnt notice any ping pong or anything from AI.
And call me mad - but it also seemed to me that the game, players and turf look nicer after the patch. (But I was also drunk, so might be that too)

One question - can I make players a bit more... lively?
What I mean by that - there are moments, where Im passing the ball to my players and they are just standing there, waiting for the ball to hit them. A lot of passes gets intercepted by AI and they wouldnt have, if only my players took two steps back towards the incoming ball. A bit of awareness is what I mean.
Sometimes it seems that both teams are just standing still and I wonder "Did the referee whistled? What happend?"
Turns out - nothing happend, but nobody was arsed to move around.

So my question is - is there a slider I could adjust to make the teams a bit more alive and engaged? Like player runs or something? Or is it just Fifa20?

paulv2k4 FIFA 20 Gameplay Mod - Version 3 Alpha 4
&
paulv2k4 FIFA 20 Career Mod - Version 1.5.3 (this is for career mode fixes though doesn't affect gameplay)

How do you do apply this?
I tried it the other day and then the game wouldnt boot up and I had to re-install.
Any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks

How do you do apply this?
I tried it the other day and then the game wouldnt boot up and I had to re-install.
Any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks

- Get Frosty Mod Manager
- Download the career mod and import it and double click to add it.
- Click play once so it generates all the ModData files.
- Quit the game.
- Download the gameplay mod and import the *.fb on the mod manager and double click to add it.
- Make sure it's loaded after career mode mod.
- Copy/paste replace the rest of the files on the FIFA 20 directory from the gameplay mod folder.
- Make sure FIFA 20 version match with both the career mode mod version and gameplay mod version.
- Now play and enjoy much more better gameplay.
- Also if you need to update, just reimport the *.fb files on mod manager and then copy/paste the files and overwrite it. You need to do that for every FIFA update and download the latest version of the mods.

Back
Top Bottom