FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Holy crap. Just tried Paul's Version 3 Alpha 5 which is the Total one. And the game is so good. I feel inertia now and good dribblers is so much fun to play with. Also bigger teams are much harder to beat now and less chaotic matches too. There are couple of bugs which paul is aware of like the through pass in assisted but it's so much worth it.
Got a vid of the inertia mate? Does Paul add code over EA's?

Newest patch on ps4 doesnt seems to have a negative effect anywhere on the pitch.
There was only one tweak I had to do to @Matt10 sliders, but it was actually reverting to what he recommended.
Since im on manual - I had my pass speed on 50, not 48, as I was underhitting a lot of passes. Especially passes from GK to my players were a bit dodgy.
This patch increased the ball speed during Goal Kick and its a noticable increase. As a result - my players had troubles controlling GK passes on 50 pass speed, having themselves Speed set to 48.
Anyway - positive patch, didnt notice any ping pong or anything from AI.
And call me mad - but it also seemed to me that the game, players and turf look nicer after the patch. (But I was also drunk, so might be that too)

One question - can I make players a bit more... lively?
What I mean by that - there are moments, where Im passing the ball to my players and they are just standing there, waiting for the ball to hit them. A lot of passes gets intercepted by AI and they wouldnt have, if only my players took two steps back towards the incoming ball. A bit of awareness is what I mean.
Sometimes it seems that both teams are just standing still and I wonder "Did the referee whistled? What happend?"
Turns out - nothing happend, but nobody was arsed to move around.

So my question is - is there a slider I could adjust to make the teams a bit more alive and engaged? Like player runs or something? Or is it just Fifa20?

Agreed, it's a good patch. Nothing too crazy, the gk pass speed is a strange one, but I get it. In regards to static play, raising run frequency would be my first assumption to adjust there.

Agreed, it's a good patch. Nothing too crazy, the gk pass speed is a strange one, but I get it. In regards to static play, raising run frequency would be my first assumption to adjust there.
Thanks, Matt.
I'll play around with this.
But you know what Im talking about, right?

Its only the passing play that seems a bit static at times. I dont want players to run around the pitch like mad, drifting out of position all the time.
Just want them to be a bit more "interested" in passes.
As mad as it sounds (and I cant believe Im saying it) id like a tiny bit of Pes magnetism. But only from my AI team mates, just before it switches to give me control.

I might also have a look at settings, coz it might be something that I could simply turn to "assisted".

Or this other thing - player switching. I have it set to "Late". Maybe if I switch it to "early" - I will be able to start going to the ball myself.

Its not a biggie and it doesnt spoil my fun. Just think the game would be much more smooth if the players were a bit more engaged in passes.

It probably is if you're only using crappy Sheffield Wednesday players like me! ;)
Try Salford City. My top striker has OVR 64. :LOL:
But I think playing it on manual + lower difficulty is a nice middle ground to have a scrappy football with plenty of build up, instead of this end to end craziness..

- Get Frosty Mod Manager
Download the career mod and import it and double click to add it.
- Click play once so it generates all the ModData files.
- Quit the game.
- Download the gameplay mod and import the *.fb on the mod manager and double click to add it.
- Make sure it's loaded after career mode mod.
- Copy/paste replace the rest of the files on the FIFA 20 directory from the gameplay mod folder.
- Make sure FIFA 20 version match with both the career mode mod version and gameplay mod version.
- Now play and enjoy much more better gameplay.
- Also if you need to update, just reimport the *.fb files on mod manager and then copy/paste the files and overwrite it. You need to do that for every FIFA update and download the latest version of the mods.

Stumped haha.

Hi
I saw your message.
Did you try my set of sliders ?

Speed : Normal
Difficulty : Legend

Sprint - 28/28
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/62
Pass Error - 55/62
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 28/28
Injury Freq - 70/56
Injury Sev - 20/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/53
Run Freq - 27/40
Height - 60/55
Length - 48/55
Width - 51/55
FB Pos - 49/45
FT Control - 55/64
Hi mate will try these when I get time

is Legend ‘Ultimate’?

Looking for some tips, folks. Giving FIFA a go for the first time in a while and I’m kinda rusty with the controls etc. Can anyone tell me how to speed burst out of close control? Is it just a matter of pushing a direction and holding sprint? I’ve managed to do it a couple of times but most of the time my player just runs at normal pace. Does it just happen randomly or is there a specific way to make sure it happens every time I want it to?

Looking for some tips, folks. Giving FIFA a go for the first time in a while and I’m kinda rusty with the controls etc. Can anyone tell me how to speed burst out of close control? Is it just a matter of pushing a direction and holding sprint? I’ve managed to do it a couple of times but most of the time my player just runs at normal pace. Does it just happen randomly or is there a specific way to make sure it happens every time I want it to?
Try flicking Right Stick in the direction you want to go. They knock the ball further and then you can follow that up with sprint. Same goes to sprinting itself. If you have more space and want to go faster - you can flick the Right Stick when your player is making contact with the ball. Works similar to double tap sprint in Pes

Is there something like super cancel from the other game that works in FIFA?!
Cancel all player actions, taking them off the rails?!

“That’s why they call him fishy, he likes the chips!” :LOL: too good!! :LMAO:

Last edited:
Is there something like super cancel from the other game that works in FIFA?!
Cancel all player actions, taking them off the rails?!

“That’s why they call him fishy, he likes the chips!” :LOL: too good!! :LMAO:
Yes. L2+R2 on default controls.

Have a look at this
https://realsport101.com/fifa/fifa-20-controls-guide-volta-goalkeeper-defence-attack-ps4-xbox-one/

There is plenty of crazy shit to remember there.

Edit: thing is - fifa gets better and better once you add all this crazy stuff to your gameplay. I dare to say - it has much more depth to it that our usual choice of football games. Hard to remember it all, but add a lot to overall feeling when you start using it

I uploaded the explanation video of the OS Sliders if anyone wants to check it out. Already have a couple episodes of career mode recorded too.

FIFA 20 Operation Sports Sliders ||| Version 1

World Class/Legendary/Ultimate, 10 -15 minutes, Slow or Normal speed
Controls: Manual/Semi/Assisted, Handball On (including PKs)

Sprint - 48/48
► Gradually lowered this value to resync with the pass speed at 48. This change ensures that the players are not moving faster than the ball and also allows just a bit more of a solid feel to the players, especially in sprinting motion.

Acceleration - 50/50 | 50/52 for Pro and World Class difficulty
► This is a good value to create a discrepancy if the user is finding gameplay too easy. Just raise the value in favor of the CPU. This is the best suggestion for those on Pro or World Class difficulty.

Shot Error - 65/65
► It's incredible what shot error can produce this year. Have seen some absolute world class finishing, and have seen some very poor attempts. I think the emphasis of not only scoring as a reward, but also the event of a solid strike on goal. There really are some great ball physics when this value is tested to its limit.

Pass Error - 55/55
► There was feedback about this value being too high because the CBs started to make terrible contact on simple passes forward. This adjustment does address that, however it also allows the pass game to open up in the right spots. Both user and CPU can take full advantage of their highly rated players, or be cautious with poor players. This also helps the crossing to be a bit more dynamic in that it can be a really poor cross out of bounds, or it can be vicious curler that finds the head of a striker or oncoming midfielder.

Shot Speed - 49/49
► This value took a while to research because it's important that the GK stays in-sync with the shot at hand, and that the shots on frame are not incredibly weak (relative to the shooter's rating + shot error) that the keeper just catch it easily. In addition, this value with a raised shot error always produces the best shooting ball physics that FIFA has to offer. It just gives more time for the end-user to see the flight of the ball versus just a rocket that gets missed with the blink of the eye.

Pass Speed - 48/48
► This patch update has seemingly helped the animation in receiving the ball on lower pass speeds. No longer are the receivers running towards the ball constantly, they are letting it drift into their path. This good because it will naturally slow down the tempo a bit, and also allow for the ball to stay in the air just a bit longer.

Injury Freq - 90/90
► Found that this value does create more injuries in game, but relative to the severity, the injuries are not as significant.

Injury Sev - 40/40
► Have been all over the place with this, and based on the frequency, this value did need to be raised as it was just not significant under 35. In addition, the same type of injuries were happening such as broken toes or shoulder injuries after a fall.

GK Ability - 49/49
► Tried to lower this value to find some slightly less incredible saves. Happy balance of just lowering it slightly so that the GK still has the capability to pull off saves, but not so much that the variance of shot speed/error isn't feeling like a chore. Can't go too low with this value as the GK's can start to do some odd animations such as diving underneath the flight of the ball or dive too soon.

Marking - 50/50
► Marking was too passive on 49 unfortunately. Put it back to the safety of 50. Still seeing good crossing as well, so it confirms it must have been the run frequency originally.

Run Frequency - 2/2
► May have jumped the gun a bit with 5/5 because the long runs were there, but it was too much at any given time - making games feel end to end for the wrong reasons. Felt like each team was a counter-attacking one. Dropped this one down to an arbitrary number of 2/2, but can't be upset with it as it brings in a good balance of checking to the ball mixed with long runs. Variety of runs are there as well which will result in different types of passes.

● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. In the past, we could adjust these values to achieve a lot of the shape we are looking for. However, this year of FIFA 20 in particular is in favor of referring to the team tactics to dominate the HLW more than anything. With that said, this version of the sliders has an aim to get more midfield play and adhere properly to different formations/tactics available.

Height - 51/51
► Just raising height to compensate for the lowered marking value. This will allow the lines of confrontation (midfield meeting midfield, defender meeting forward) take place a bit sooner if marking were the only value changed.

Length - 45/45
► This is the first change to the HLW core because the height value is just too volatile this year, so it must be compensated to create a bit more compression by lowering length. This value could only be lowered to where it is because of the significant change to FB.

Width - 42/42
► Just a very slight adjustment here to get the outside backs and wingers positioned a touch or two wider than they were on 40, where they were getting sucked inside too early. This will make the switch-field long ball a tad more difficult, but not impossible. It also still maintains the cohesion in the center of the park defensively and at the top of the box.

FB Pos - 1/1
► Raised this value just slightly because at 0/0 the FBs would stay back just a bit too much. As a result, they would not be in an advanced position during the transition to meet the winger sooner. This very slight adjustment was impactful enough that it makes the game less end to end dribbling down the wings.

FT Control - 55/55
► A subtle adjustment, but this value does not only control poor first touches, it also controls dribble accuracy in tight spots. Good to see the CPU, and user, stumble out of bounds due to a bad touch, or go in hard on a challenge because they lost the 50/50 ball. Paired up with the adjustment to Pass Speed, this one is just enough to stand out.

Yes. L2+R2 on default controls.

Have a look at this
https://realsport101.com/fifa/fifa-20-controls-guide-volta-goalkeeper-defence-attack-ps4-xbox-one/

There is plenty of crazy shit to remember there.

Edit: thing is - fifa gets better and better once you add all this crazy stuff to your gameplay. I dare to say - it has much more depth to it that our usual choice of football games. Hard to remember it all, but add a lot to overall feeling when you start using it
Thanks mate!
That’s what I like, in depth control guide.

Yeah, a lot is possible. If it wouldn’t look as strange all the time I’d enjoy it more.

Edit: @Matt10 took the sliders from the OS website just yesterday and been playing then since. Guess above are the same. Looks like it.
Wish there was something to regulate headers more.

So (shame on you guys and most of all shame on me of course) I finally picked it up on discount. I tried a couple of games in exhibitions or cups, just semi commands and default sliders for now. First impressions aren't that bad.

Maybe (surely) I'm bad but I have no idea how this could be regarded as easy, at least in the current state. Every big team more or less mauled me until now. I like a lot possession CPU, it's a bit frenetic of course but I see them try dribbling, long shots, crosses, passing around..every kind of possible action. Feels satisfying to defend and try to read AI.

I had some mixed feelings when I was the one in possession, instead. Sometimes it's good to attack, sometimes defenders react properly etc.. some other times the already debated thing with the defenders caring only about their "space" screw things up.
Ball physics is also weird in a lot of way. For example I've seen the most strangest effect on cpu's free kick crosses.. you probably know what I mean. While the shooting/keepers balance of course win.

As @geeeeee said in the contrast thread days ago, it's about trying to see the positive of what we have. Unless some patch will butcher it again I think there is stuff to enjoy here after all. Or at least I'll try to.

p.s. also tried some friendly Volta 5 v 5 with barriers. That shit is super relaxing! i'm a bit stressed in this period and I don't always have much time to play so I might fall on that sometimes. Such a shame there isn't some proper simple comp for it.

So (shame on you guys and most of all shame on me of course) I finally picked it up on discount. I tried a couple of games in exhibitions or cups, just semi commands and default sliders for now. First impressions aren't that bad.

Maybe (surely) I'm bad but I have no idea how this could be regarded as easy, at least in the current state. Every big team more or less mauled me until now. I like a lot possession CPU, it's a bit frenetic of course but I see them try dribbling, long shots, crosses, passing around..every kind of possible action. Feels satisfying to defend and try to read AI.

I had some mixed feelings when I was the one in possession, instead. Sometimes it's good to attack, sometimes defenders react properly etc.. some other times the already debated thing with the defenders caring only about their "space" screw things up.
Ball physics is also weird in a lot of way. For example I've seen the most strangest effect on cpu's free kick crosses.. you probably know what I mean. While the shooting/keepers balance of course win.

As @geeeeee said in the contrast thread days ago, it's about trying to see the positive of what we have. Unless some patch will butcher it again I think there is stuff to enjoy here after all. Or at least I'll try to.

p.s. also tried some friendly Volta 5 v 5 with barriers. That shit is super relaxing! i'm a bit stressed in this period and I don't always have much time to play so I might fall on that sometimes. Such a shame there isn't some proper simple comp for it.

Which one was your last fifa? Im debating buying before the black friday deals end. Dont know if it justifies 18 and 17 in my library with updated rosters. Gamepkay you feel improved? I skipped 19 but am also thinking getting ea access just to try it out although seems the concensus is that it was pretty bad

I went back to this for a session earlier. It's so bad.

I can't get past how weird and floaty the players feel. They're light as feathers. Pace is ridiculously fast. I just don't understand why EA think this is acceptable? The shooting is sublime. But that's it, that's where the plaudits start and end.

Oh, I played as Man Utd away at Wolves. Ultimate. I won 4-0 without really trying.

So boring. And the managers you can design look so stupid. I've tried to get my dude to look at least 40 years old but he still looks younger than most of my players. Such a pointless add-on/gimmick.
For goodness sakes man play manual and with sliders. Fifa is not an easy game manual. It's piss easy on semi and assisted.

Which one was your last fifa? Im debating buying before the black friday deals end. Dont know if it justifies 18 and 17 in my library with updated rosters. Gamepkay you feel improved? I skipped 19 but am also thinking getting ea access just to try it out although seems the concensus is that it was pretty bad

I played 19 but didn't liked it at all. Had some fun with 18 (especially when modded) but overall it didn't hooked me enough. Most recent Fifa I truly enjoyed was 17 (let's ignore 16 which is out of the equation for manifest superiority :D).

Don't know, if you are content enough with 17 and 18 chances are you'll be fine. I mean I played just a bunch of games with 20 and while it has nice additions (but also fresh flaws) I'm sure it isn't like a groundbreaking revolution compared with the latest ones. IF you can do without the novelty you'll probably be fine with what you have. Personally, except from some rare case I regularly buy only 2 games a year, so since I read it improved but a decent margin and it's also on discount I was willing to give it some test so I can at least see with my eyes where EA is.

Played a good game in my Southend CM v Morcombe in the Carabao Cup.

I enjoyed their goal (3.40) just after half time as it completely caught me by surprise. And I loved our winner (5.20) just after which was which was a bobbly downward header which just beat the keeper.

Still enjoying this game...

For goodness sakes man play manual and with sliders. Fifa is not an easy game manual. It's piss easy on semi and assisted.

I guees he use keyboard if i remember his old posts well so i dont think its possible for him to play manual ;)

Played a good game in my Southend CM v Morcombe in the Carabao Cup.

I enjoyed their goal (3.40) just after half time as it completely caught me by surprise. And I loved our winner (5.20) just after which was which was a bobbly downward header which just beat the keeper.

Still enjoying this game...

That first goal the cross had hardly any pace on it yet the striker managed a header going about 100mph

Back
Top Bottom