FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Someone else playing, or at least tried a bit more thoroughly Volta?

It's such a shame the story and the general out of the field stuff is cringy as fuck, because the gameplay to me is solid and a literal world of fun.. animations looks even better than the main thing (a bit as it was for The Journey) . I'd pay the price of another Fifa 20 for a game with this same gameplay but a serious structure in competitions and modes. Too bad it's probably so overlooked from the most of who bought Fifa (or at least it's my impression, since I've seen virtually nobody talk about it around) that surely not even modders will delve into it :(.

It's such a shame the story and the general out of the field stuff is cringy as fuck
I never understand how they think the cringe is super-cool, it would take one unbiased person to take one look at it and go "this is Eastenders with street talk from 2007". But the NFS games are all one huge cheese-fest so I guess they just think they're really good at dialogue...

Saying that. Could be worse.

Hello. I come from the future, and I saw this little debate of yours will inevitably only end one way if you keep going.
So stop and forget about it. This ain't no dick-measuring contest, otherwise I would've brought my own measuring stick.
Agreed.
But he mentioned the other game first.

You know..kinda like when two fourth graders are ''fighting'' and their teacher tells them to stop.
And little Johnny says ''But..but he started first Ms. Jones!''..well i'm little Johnny in this case. :D

It's such a shame the story and the general out of the field stuff is cringy as fuck, because the gameplay to me is solid and a literal world of fun.. animations looks even better than the main thing (a bit as it was for The Journey) . I'd pay the price of another Fifa 20 for a game with this same gameplay but a serious structure in competitions and modes. Too bad it's probably so overlooked from the most of who bought Fifa (or at least it's my impression, since I've seen virtually nobody talk about it around) that surely not even modders will delve into it :(.

I play it fairly regular, it's quite entertaining with a few beers on a saturday night. No dealing with tactics, formations and stuff, just play some fun games. At the moment I am stuck in this 3 on 3 event in Tokyo as I always lose in the semifinals at the latest.
I'm not interested in the story mode at all, just watched the first 2 videos and skipped the rest.

As you said a structure with competitions or a kind of league mode would be great stuff.

First CM season completed. I was wondering where to post this, since there's also CM thread, but decided to do it here, coz i'll be talking about overall impressions, not just CM.

Im playing on Slow speed, Professional, 8mins halves, slightly adjusted Matts sliders, everything apart from Shooting on manual (Shooting on Semi-Assisted), Tactical Defending, League 2, Salford City.

I put it this way - if I stopped playing now - id consider my moneys worth back after this one season. I had more fun in this one season than in all the CM/ML's that I played in any recent years.

Is Fifa20 that good??
No, but there was literally NOTHING spoiling my fun throughout whole season. I had no complaints in the back of my head that would distract me from both - on and off the pitch action.

Off the pitch I had plenty to do - players engaging with me, press, morale going up and down, injuries, transfer requests, youth academy, visible stamina, balanced and challenging league and fight for promotion spot - I was engaged and I felt like a manager of football club.

On the pitch I felt no scripting, no handicapping, had 5 penalties at the end of first season, fouls that made sense, yellow cards, handballs, atmosphere, good commentary, engaging and various gameplay and good AI to play against.

I was thinking what to pick on in my summary, but I honestly have no complaints. There is, obviously, plenty of stuff that they could add and improve, but there is no obvious, gamebreaking issues for me there. Pes18 had no fouls, Fifa18 was unresponsive, Pes19 was broken, Fifa19 had no fouls, Pes20 is boring.. Fifa20 is just.. good. Has all the basics covered.

I finished 10th, 2 points away from 7th place, which would have given me playoffs. And, for the first time in ages, I was trully afraid to be sacked. I really didnt want to be sacked, coz I had so much fun there and I liked the team so much. Cant remember last time, when I didnt feel indifferent whether they sack me or not.
Fortunately - the bosses said that even tho I didnt get promoted - they are happy with my overall work, Cups performance and how Im managing the team.

So here's to another season and hopefully a promotion this time :BEER:

Ps. A thought had crossed my mind. People think we are purists, elitists, some football game freaks. That we are expecting miracles and that we can never be satisfied with any game.
Well surprise, motherfuckers...
If game has some depths and all the fundamentals covered - im happy.

Last edited:
Ps. A thought had crossed my mind. People think we are purists, elitists, some football game freaks. That we are expecting miracles and that we can never be satisfied with any game.

They try to paint you as a purist/elitist ...etc coz it will make them feel better about how sad their life is.

Giving excuses for games that lack fundamentals just to suit some weird agenda in their head. Being exposed as liars or just dummies when all these patches don’t deliver shit, And when Adam and his cronies promise them something and then flush them and their promises down the toilet year after year, Even TTB who is a famous youtuber who promoted us paying money for PES option files is playing fifa now.

By trying to mask and deny obvious issues and blaming the users all the time,They think they are saving the franchise.
Well If i can complete two seasons of ML or career mode without using more than 13 players and 1 goalkeeper, Without winning a penalty and the AI playing the same way then this is a joke of a product.

10 games not winning a single foul isn’t a debatable issue,It’s a broken element just like handballs which tend to disappear despite having an option to enable it!

We’ve been always honest and frankly right about issues in the game and they have always been lying or just plain stupid.

I’d be very happy with a functioning game that isn’t missing the core football elements.

Last edited:

Fifa's engine, animations, speed of the game etc etc suit Volta much better than the 11v11 and you can actually ignore all the ice skating going on, Volta just works so well. It's a shame its a mode that really is only playable for a few weeks max rather than having any longevity though, But yeah enjoyed what i played of it.

They try to paint you as a purist/elitist ...etc coz it will make them feel better about how sad their life is.

Giving excuses for games that lack fundamentals just to suit some weird agenda in their head. Being exposed as liars or just dummies when all these patches don’t deliver shit, And when Adam and his cronies promise them something and then flush them and their promises down the toilet year after year, Even TTB who is a famous youtuber who promoted us paying money for PES option files is playing fifa now.

By trying to mask and deny obvious issues and blaming the users all the time,They think they are saving the franchise.
Well If i can complete two seasons of ML or career mode without using more than 13 players and 1 goalkeeper, Without winning a penalty and the AI playing the same way then this is a joke of a product.

10 games not winning a single foul isn’t a debatable issue,It’s a broken element just like handballs which tend to disappear despite having an option to enable it!

We’ve been always honest and frankly right about issues in the game and they have always been lying or just plain stupid.

I’d be very happy with a functioning game that isn’t missing the core football elements.
What the hell is up with you? Your tiresome over on the PES side but on here im amazed you come across even worse over here.

Started a (kinda serious) career with AZ, ultimate, most of stuff on semi and OS sliders. Sold Midtsjö and another central defender and brought in Perr Schuurs from Ajax (DC).

As of now, defending is truly glorious as Emroth said above. The mix between the AI being so varied and plausible most of the times and your complete freedom to do a tackle (or miss one) constitute one of the best experiences I've had in this regard in the current gen. To time a simple contrast like this one:

exalted me more or less like a goal :D .
Other than that, with the difference of two points in acc as suggested by Matt, I'm finding kinda hard to score and create chances, which of course I like. I'm glad I've given it a chance (and the credit also goes to you guys).

p.s. bonus prediction.. pretty sure they are preparing the ground for VAR next year. I see this kind of episodes:

and I can already picture how it would "perfectly" work with it :D .

complete freedom to do a tackle (or miss one) constitute one of the best experiences I've had in this regard in the current gen. To time a simple contrast like this one:
This clip is absolutely brilliant and really shows how fantastic defending in F20 is. Slip second later you would hack him down. Same goes to AI. And referees react to the tackles the way they should. I did not have single situation, where I would be hacked without foul being given, or where clean tackle resulted in foul. There's not many fouls there, but they all come in the right moments, which balances out everything nicely. AI will hack you down if they get impatient or see no other option. They go for desperate tackles that add a lot of drama, unpredictability and emotions to battles.
I had similar situation last night and really regret that I didnt record it. But mine was a tackle from AI. They took me out like Jason Bourne. I was one on one with a keeper and just when I was taking a shot this bloke flew in out of nowhere and absolutely destroyed me. But clean as a whistle. Very impressive!

And did I mention I love new free kick system? :LOL: didnt score a single one yet, but it produces some beauties!
And getting a shot on target is more rewarding than free kick goal in the other game.

What the hell is up with you? Your tiresome over on the PES side but on here im amazed you come across even worse over here.

Won't even engage a drone like you coz you seem really offended by the words liar and stupid although I don't know who are you and I didn't direct it towards anyone in the forum..

Here is a quote from you calling a fellow forummer a liar in the PES thread coz you thought he hurt your feelings about your little pathetic excuse of a game which you call the best ever.in every thread.

Stop your lying. Just been through my last 20 posts on this thread and mentioned it once! Once in 20 posts and much likely way more. Your tiresome the way you follow me about this place picking at every little thing you can. Just block me for crying out loud.

Thanks for proving my point and go away plz :D

Won't even engage a drone like you coz you seem really offended by the words liar and stupid although I don't know who are you and I didn't direct it towards anyone in the forum..

Here is a quote from you calling a fellow forummer a liar in the PES thread coz you thought he hurt your feelings about your little pathetic excuse of a game which you call the best ever.in every thread.

Thanks for proving my point and go away plz :D
What a boy :WASTED: You on the sauce? Pulling posts from months ago out of no where, Mental. Had you posted your nonsense on the PES side about us being liars and dummies im sure you would of been warned .Get away with murder over here. Liars n dummies ffs.

Last edited:
First CM season completed. I was wondering where to post this, since there's also CM thread, but decided to do it here, coz i'll be talking about overall impressions, not just CM.

Im playing on Slow speed, Professional, 8mins halves, slightly adjusted Matts sliders, everything apart from Shooting on manual (Shooting on Semi-Assisted), Tactical Defending, League 2, Salford City.

I put it this way - if I stopped playing now - id consider my moneys worth back after this one season. I had more fun in this one season than in all the CM/ML's that I played in any recent years.

Is Fifa20 that good??
No, but there was literally NOTHING spoiling my fun throughout whole season. I had no complaints in the back of my head that would distract me from both - on and off the pitch action.

Off the pitch I had plenty to do - players engaging with me, press, morale going up and down, injuries, transfer requests, youth academy, visible stamina, balanced and challenging league and fight for promotion spot - I was engaged and I felt like a manager of football club.

On the pitch I felt no scripting, no handicapping, had 5 penalties at the end of first season, fouls that made sense, yellow cards, handballs, atmosphere, good commentary, engaging and various gameplay and good AI to play against.

I was thinking what to pick on in my summary, but I honestly have no complaints. There is, obviously, plenty of stuff that they could add and improve, but there is no obvious, gamebreaking issues for me there. Pes18 had no fouls, Fifa18 was unresponsive, Pes19 was broken, Fifa19 had no fouls, Pes20 is boring.. Fifa20 is just.. good. Has all the basics covered.

I finished 10th, 2 points away from 7th place, which would have given me playoffs. And, for the first time in ages, I was trully afraid to be sacked. I really didnt want to be sacked, coz I had so much fun there and I liked the team so much. Cant remember last time, when I didnt feel indifferent whether they sack me or not.
Fortunately - the bosses said that even tho I didnt get promoted - they are happy with my overall work, Cups performance and how Im managing the team.

As eloquently as you could put it really. I have not played FIFA 20, and PES 2020 seems a bit meh like you say, will probably pick it up at Christmas for the usual CM playthrough on Christmas day.

Just out of curiosity: can anyone give impressions on the different slider sets from the likes of @Matt10, krebstar and Aaron458f?! Any mayor differences?!
I’d like to know more about how they differ.

Just out of curiosity: can anyone give impressions on the different slider sets from the likes of @Matt10, krebstar and Aaron458f?! Any mayor differences?!
I’d like to know more about how they differ.

Krebs is from FIFA 19, uses very low lines and low marking, low pass speed, and high error values. Enjoyable, but personally it didn't feel like a dynamic game of footy after a while, let alone professionals playing.

I don't call them my sliders, but the OS sliders are jus focused on getting compact feel, without sacrifice length too much. It's a base, and isn't exactly aimed at fixing anything, but just calming things down a bit while still allowing team tactics to shine.

Aaron's to me are just personal preference values to the OS Sliders as he uses about the majority of the OS set, with the exception of some error values.

Krebs is from FIFA 19, uses very low lines and low marking, low pass speed, and high error values. Enjoyable, but personally it didn't feel like a dynamic game of footy after a while, let alone professionals playing.

I don't call them my sliders, but the OS sliders are jus focused on getting compact feel, without sacrifice length too much. It's a base, and isn't exactly aimed at fixing anything, but just calming things down a bit while still allowing team tactics to shine.

Aaron's to me are just personal preference values to the OS Sliders as he uses about the majority of the OS set, with the exception of some error values.
Thanks @Matt10

Anyone playing the OS community set on Professional?! ...or is it strongly adviced to go at least for World Class?!

Last edited:
Thanks @Matt10

Anyone playing the OS community set on Professional?! ...or is it strongly adviced to go at least for World Class?!
Hello mate.
You can my set of sliders, it's work on pro/Legend/ultimate

Speed : Normal
Difficulty : Legend

Sprint - 28/28
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/60
Pass Error - 55/60
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 28/28
Injury Freq - 70/56
Injury Sev - 20/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/57
Run Freq - 27/40
Height - 60/55
Length - 48/55
Width - 51/55
FB Pos - 49/45
FT Control - 55/60

Hello mate.
You can my set of sliders, it's work on pro/Legend/ultimate

Speed : Normal
Difficulty : Legend

Sprint - 28/28
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/60
Pass Error - 55/60
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 28/28
Injury Freq - 70/56
Injury Sev - 20/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/57
Run Freq - 27/40
Height - 60/55
Length - 48/55
Width - 51/55
FB Pos - 49/45
FT Control - 55/60
Thanks!
When I play I always prefer full manual and speed set to slow.

Played the whole Saturday and Sunday with the OS sliders on Professional. It’s ok but just not really my cup of tea.

Did yous ever hear the line from the commentator:
- Look at the way they are passing! So easy! Its like they were playing Fifa!
??
:LOL:
What da fuck... :LOL:
Yesterday was the first time I heard this.. still not sure was I that drunk, or did it actually happen..

Anyhow - started season 2. Still happy, still enjoying it a lot. Slowly collecting some clips to make a little compilation of variety, so I will drop it when I collect enough. Nothing else to report.

Emroth out.

Did yous ever hear the line from the commentator:
- Look at the way they are passing! So easy! Its like they were playing Fifa!
Yeah, I really like that - it's something that real commentators say more and more often, in-fact even Klopp has said in the last month "this is real life, this isn't PlayStation football or video-game football" (referring to not being able to pick the same squad week in week out - try telling that to Nuno over at Wolves, he must be a FIFA fanboy)... :D

Thanks!
When I play I always prefer full manual and speed set to slow.

Played the whole Saturday and Sunday with the OS sliders on Professional. It’s ok but just not really my cup of tea.

This year, there is a problem with slow speed. It affects AI marking. So I play on normal but with slow passes and shoot and it's ok. It's the first year I play on normal. I usually play on slow like you.

Theses sets have been tested by myself and 10 mates on FUTO or FUMA, on champion/Legend or Ultimate, and they like it.

I'm french so I like to take my time. So no freaking speedy gameplay, only realistic one.
Try and tell me

This year, there is a problem with slow speed. It affects AI marking. So I play on normal but with slow passes and shoot and it's ok. It's the first year I play on normal. I usually play on slow like you.

Theses sets have been tested by myself and 10 mates on FUTO or FUMA, on champion/Legend or Ultimate, and they like it.

I'm french so I like to take my time. So no freaking speedy gameplay, only realistic one.
Try and tell me
Alright then. I’ll give that setting a try.
I like to take my time as well but am german. How does that work out for you?! :D
:LOL:

Finally bought FIFA 20 on sale. Quick question for people on PC, where is a good place to go to edit the missing kits and all? I didn't see too much in this website... any recommendations? Any good patches?

It was way to hectic for my liking. From the passing to the turning animations. Even on slow it sometimes looks so off compared to real life.
It is what it is. :)

Ok i understand, but I think it's the engine the problem, no sliders :COOL:
I have started to play FUMA. Damned, it's so nice to have full control on shoots, passes, player switching, etc...
AI is far better too

I have a new set of sliders :

Sprint - 25/25
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/55
Pass Error - 55/55
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 25/25
Injury Freq - 60/70
Injury Sev - 20/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/57
Run Freq - 27/40
Height - 60/55
Length - 48/55
Width - 51/55
FB Pos - 49/45
FT Control - 55/57

MY FIRST FUMA MATCH OF MY LIFE
:fete:

Bordeaux - OM - Normal speed - Legend

SECOND MATCH ON FUMA : OM - LOSC - Slow speed - Legend

THIRD MATCH ON FUMA : Chelsea - OM - Slow Speed - Legend
https://youtu.be/-wfqP5iVkB0

FORTH MATCH ON FUMA : Nantes - OM - Normal Speed - Legend
https://youtu.be/Req5kDnXuMk

Ok i understand, but I think it's the engine the problem, no sliders :COOL:
I have started to play FUMA. Damned, it's so nice to have full control on shoots, passes, player switching, etc...
AI is far better too

I have a new set of sliders :

Sprint - 25/25
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/55
Pass Error - 55/55
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 25/25
Injury Freq - 60/70
Injury Sev - 20/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/57
Run Freq - 27/40
Height - 60/55
Length - 48/55
Width - 51/55
FB Pos - 49/45
FT Control - 55/57

MY FIRST FUMA MATCH OF MY LIFE
:fete:

Bordeaux - OM - Normal speed - Legend

SECOND MATCH ON FUMA : OM - LOSC - Slow speed - Legend

THIRD MATCH ON FUMA : Chelsea - OM - Slow Speed - Legend
https://youtu.be/-wfqP5iVkB0

FORTH MATCH ON FUMA : Nantes - OM - Normal Speed - Legend
https://youtu.be/Req5kDnXuMk
Absolutely.
We are just trying to make it work our way!
Nothing you can do about the core.

Anyway. Enjoy mate. :)

Is Fifa20 that good??

totally agree with you mate, fifa is nothing special but iv crossed over cos of mode boredem from the other game, been playing this whenever i need a footy fix too.

totally agree with you mate, fifa is nothing special but iv crossed over cos of mode boredem from the other game, been playing this whenever i need a footy fix too.
It isn't, but at the same time it is something special.
It has all the basics of football covered and its pretty solid. Something that none of football games had for good few years now.
I used to think that this thread was so quiet, coz everyone gave up on it. Now Im thinking its so quiet, coz all the people who play it are just enjoying it. And there is very little to talk, or should I say - moan about.

Nothing you can do about the core
It is what it is. :)

I have to admit - comments like this annoy me, as it almost sounds like people pity us for playing it.
If, in your opinion, game is too hectic and feels off - thats fine. But thats your personal experience, not a fact. You are stating, as a fact, that game looks nothing like real football. That we settled for unnatural, non-football experience, full of CORE problems.
At the same time the other "miracle" doesnt have any penalties and every foul is basically toss of a coin who will get it.
Add to it complete lack of variety in shooting and empty modes.
These are core problems. And there's more of them over there than it is on Fifa20.
Jumping between both in never a good idea, as both require completely different approach. So if you are happy with one - stick to it. I dont see any reason to keep trying Fifa20 to work for you. Unless the other one does not provide such fantastic experience and forces you to keep looking somewhere else.

Im really enjoying second season - its even better than the first, now that I learned how to play it.
On the side - im playing 1v1 matches with my dad, who came over for Xmas and finishing our tournament with Chris. And every match is different and full of great moments. We had lovely free kick goal (first that I've seen, as free kicks are challenging, rewarding and fun to execute), we had beautiful rising shot from outside the box (contextual, not based on any Special Card), we had penalties, red cards, dribbling, clearances from the line.
Every match is different and none of them are frustrating, due to overpowered defending, chess play or broken player awareness.
So yeah - Fifa20, at its Core, doesnt have as many Core problems as some might claim.

It isn't, but at the same time it is something special.
It has all the basics of football covered and its pretty solid. Something that none of football games had for good few years now.
I used to think that this thread was so quiet, coz everyone gave up on it. Now Im thinking its so quiet, coz all the people who play it are just enjoying it. And there is very little to talk, or should I say - moan about.

I have to admit - comments like this annoy me, as it almost sounds like people pity us for playing it.
If, in your opinion, game is too hectic and feels off - thats fine. But thats your personal experience, not a fact. You are stating, as a fact, that game looks nothing like real football. That we settled for unnatural, non-football experience, full of CORE problems.
At the same time the other "miracle" doesnt have any penalties and every foul is basically toss of a coin who will get it.
Add to it complete lack of variety in shooting and empty modes.
These are core problems. And there's more of them over there than it is on Fifa20.
Jumping between both in never a good idea, as both require completely different approach. So if you are happy with one - stick to it. I dont see any reason to keep trying Fifa20 to work for you. Unless the other one does not provide such fantastic experience and forces you to keep looking somewhere else.

Im really enjoying second season - its even better than the first, now that I learned how to play it.
On the side - im playing 1v1 matches with my dad, who came over for Xmas and finishing our tournament with Chris. And every match is different and full of great moments. We had lovely free kick goal (first that I've seen, as free kicks are challenging, rewarding and fun to execute), we had beautiful rising shot from outside the box (contextual, not based on any Special Card), we had penalties, red cards, dribbling, clearances from the line.
Every match is different and none of them are frustrating, due to overpowered defending, chess play or broken player awareness.
So yeah - Fifa20, at its Core, doesnt have as many Core problems as some might claim.

Eh, I'm practically completely with you here. Best Fifa I've played since 17.

I'm having a lot of fun in my AZ career. There is TONS of individuality in this game, tons of personality to the teams, tons of situations that arise from the field as you said as well. And most of all, phisicality is where it should be. Shielding the ball is fun, and despite the still kinda few fouls, CPU isn't afraid to tackle or to contrast you. I love that when the situation asks it, they try a desperate slide like this one:

Which may, or may not be successful.

The out of field stuff, while somehow broken still provides some depth. Per Schuurs was unhappy with being on bench for a couple of games. I let him in the second half of a game and his morale raise a bit- it brought a smile in my face. Humour still shifts like all my players are a bunch of lunatic madmen, but at least stuff happens, you have the vague impression you are in a some kind of "living" environment and not in an uncaring game after game situation.

Don't know what else to say. IF you like the Fifa "style" the game is good and I think his strong points aren't nearly talked enough. Was asking myself too why it is so quiet here, don't know if it's cause who enjoys it just plays it as you said, or because the general vibe of the game is too off putting for people to like it or to even give it a chance.

I know it's not the comparing thread, but I hope I'll get a pass just for this one: I've never thought I would have been in this place after the two demos. As of today hype and satisfaction are completely reversed.

Back
Top Bottom