FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I've never thought I would have been in this place after the two demos. As of today hype and satisfaction are completely reversed
100% with you on that. Fifa20 is like this average looking girl that we never looked at, coz the other one looked stunning. Turned out the other one was boring and empty inside, whereas "the average one" has a character and there's plenty of fun to be had with her! ;) :LOL:

Merry Christmas Marty!! :BYE:
Don’t make me the grinch! ;) you know I’m not.

If it helps, both quoted comments I could say about both of the games! So relax, and enjoy the festivities! 🥳 🎄 ⭐ 🎁

Have EA fixed the issue whereby you wouldn't get any offers to transfer to new clubs in career mode?
I've no idea. I didnt receive any offers yet. Having said that - I wouldnt consider hiring myself either. Manager in League 2, finishing mid table? Thanks, but no thanks. :LOL:
So im not the right person to provide an actual response to your question. :LOL:

100% with you on that. Fifa20 is like this average looking girl that we never looked at, coz the other one looked stunning. Turned out the other one was boring and empty inside, whereas "the average one" has a character and there's plenty of fun to be had with her! ;) :LOL:

Just got the game and over been enjoying it. Enjoyed pes too but I kinda needed a break earlier this year from it. As always, both games have redeeming qualities.
Now I need to learn to defend in this game. It's the only think driving me nuts and doesn't help sometimes my team mates are like : "see that striker there? That's your problem"

Just got the game and over been enjoying it. Enjoyed pes too but I kinda needed a break earlier this year from it. As always, both games have redeeming qualities.
Now I need to learn to defend in this game. It's the only think driving me nuts and doesn't help sometimes my team mates are like : "see that striker there? That's your problem"
Yeah, you have to take care of defending yourself - thats true. You will have to get used to it and do a lot of player switching. But once you get your head around it - Tactical Defending on F20 is one of the best defending systems I've seen in football games.
My advice - have a look at some tutorials on youtube. Its mostly obvious stuff what they show there, but some tips, general positioning and approach is worth the watch. I watched few from The Guide channel. I was always committing too fast. They taught me patience, to jockey backwards, securing passing lanes and the goal itself. They also taught me that there are different types of jockey in the game. I dont even use Contain (X button) anymore. In my CM I have best defense in the league. My problem is creating chances on manual, but the goals are so much more rewarding this way.

Defending is very realistic. Strikers have upper hand due to pace and responsive dribbling (as it should be), but if you are patient, use defenders strength and stick your leg out in the right moment - its so damn satisfying.

what exacly do you mean?i am playing with schalke and Man city wanted me to be their maanger "while they won UCL and PL" that season
if that is your question?

I play as a player, not manager. After 4 seasons at a League 2 side and being worth £55m, I still don't get any offers from bigger clubs. I've been on the transfer list for 3 years.

I play as a player, not manager. After 4 seasons at a League 2 side and being worth £55m, I still don't get any offers from bigger clubs. I've been on the transfer list for 3 years.
Sorry I shouldnt laugh but this is comical.. :LOL:
I never played as a player so didnt know such bug (if its a bug) existed.
I'll try to look through other forums and see if it was fixed.

Hours spend on FIFA 16: 867 hours
Hours spend on FIFA 17: 483 hours
Hours spend on FIFA 18: 41 hours
Hours spend on FIFA 19: 2 hours
Hours spend on FIFA 20 so far: 157 hours. Still enjoying it.

The only thing that's stopping me buying this in the sale is every video I see the AI just backs off, there's looks to be no press at all

The only thing that's stopping me buying this in the sale is every video I see the AI just backs off, there's looks to be no press at all
if you play the full game you won't say this
surely there are some teams always back off, but there are also teams with pressing

If you watched me defend - i would defend in very similar way to AI. You cant defend same way as in the other game coz you'll be destroyed. AI backs off, jockey and waits for the moment, which doesnt mean that there is no tackles.
Some say F20 is too easy, which I cant really comment on, as its depends on the person playing and the way they are playing. Last season in english D4 I didnt even get a place in playoffs. This season im 7th so far. For me - its not easy at all (and Im playing on Professional)

IMO - its the best representation of scrappy, random and varied football, full of errors and missed chances - just as it should be in lower leagues.

But - its still Fifa. You wont get the players and ball weight from the other game and it will feel skatey at times.
If you could see positives and enjoyed previous Fifas - you might enjoy it.
If you're not a big fan of Fifa overall - dont bother.

I didnt enjoy F19 at all, due to complete lack of physicality and fouls. Here I have nice physicality, few fouls and most importantly - it all makes sense. Im not being fouled from behind mid pitch for no reason and Im not wondering who was fouled when referee whistles.

Tactical defending, which is by far the strongest point of this game - is quite similar to F18 defending, which I loved.
In general - F20 reminds me of F18, with more response and better animations.

I havent touched the other game since I started playing this, but I was burned out over there and really had enough.
If you are enjoying it - might be a good idea to stick to it until you reach the point of being sick of it, as jumping between the two will only bring frustration.

Thought I'd give this another blast today. Better than I remembered from my initial forays. It's just all so familiar. I'm a Career Mode-only man and on and off the pitch I'm on autopilot. Still prefer PES, but I can see myself alternating between the two until next autumn/death.

are they ever going to update the catalogue again? i know the visuals/aesthetics aren't the most important but i do enjoy some of the aesthetic authenticity newer boots, balls, etc can offer.

Bought it yesterday on discount (PSstore). Looks promising, but the gamespeed in NORMAL seems too hectic. It felt to me, faster than 18 & 19. Basically because i do thug life, i bought both the PS4 version and the Nintendo Switch version!!!!! :P :P Both version seem to be too fast, although OFFTOPIC the switch version is an inferior one, engine-wise.
I like also VOLTA, it is like you buy two games in one. But i am pretty confused on how to play a simple 5vs5 with real-ife team players and in the initial set up, i cannot even who is playing for my time and who is the opponet, cause everyone wears casual urban clothes with different colours.

I like also VOLTA, it is like you buy two games in one. But i am pretty confused on how to play a simple 5vs5 with real-ife team players and in the initial set up, i cannot even who is playing for my time and who is the opponet, cause everyone wears casual urban clothes with different colours.

Yeah, fucking seriously. Just to give an idea to people who doesn't play it, cause it could maybe look like we are exaggerating stuff, this is the shit you have to put up with if you want to play a simple 5 v 5 with your Volta story team:

Un fucking real. Every time my mind goes back to this I'm mad beyond measure. A mode I'd love so much screwed forever by some "smart" exec who thought literal shit like this would have been a fantastic idea.

Yeah, fucking seriously. Just to give an idea to people who doesn't play it, cause it could maybe look like we are exaggerating stuff, this is the shit you have to put up with if you want to play a simple 5 v 5 with your Volta story team:

Un fucking real. Every time my mind goes back to this I'm mad beyond measure. A mode I'd love so much screwed forever by some "smart" exec who thought literal shit like this would have been a fantastic idea.
Your own players have a cursor above their head. You could also change the clothes of your crew members to a single color.

Your own players have a cursor above their head. You could also change the clothes of your crew members to a single color.

Where do you change the colour? Searched for it but couldn't find it. I know there is the cursor but it's still very unpleasant to the eye.

Glad I was playing it wrong ™ tho :LOL:, still hate the general street vibe but at least it will be acceptable.

Where do you change the colour? Searched for it but couldn't find it. I know there is the cursor but it's still very unpleasant to the eye.

Glad I was playing it wrong ™ tho :LOL:, still hate the general street vibe but at least it will be acceptable.
Check this video at 1:13, you can choose the players and assign certain outfits to them.

Can We count on brand new game on totally new engine for ps5 next Christmass? What do You think

no chance , its impossible at the moment , 100% new engine ,new player models , kits , stadiums and all stuff need too much work ,people , money and time. It could take 3 or 4 years . Ea business model works very well at the moment - fut is very profitable and it will not change very soon.

Last edited:
no chance , its impossible at the moment , 100% new engine ,new player models , kits , stadiums and all stuff need too much work ,people , money and time. It could take 3 or 4 years . Ea business model works very well at the moment - fut is very profitable and it will not change very soon.

How do you know they haven't been working on a new engine for the last few years?

Back
Top Bottom