FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

How do you know they haven't been working on a new engine for the last few years?

coz their business on current engine works very well - FUT and money. There is no such a kind of thing like new engine when it comes to Fifa and pes that based on older games like fifa 12,14 or pes 12,13. It would be too problematic to create 100% new engine . I am sure 100% that we will get fifa 21 with sharper graphics and more animations on ps5 but dont be dreamer and dont expect something spectacular.

So, due to the other games awful refs and collision system I decided to re-install this on the PC and give it another (final!) go.
Thinking I would only play one or two games and get fed up I was amazed I was still playing a few hours later.
I tried various levels of teams from Liverpool to Leeds to Leyton Orient and I have to say I am really enjoying it. Im not doing a career mode as I dont have the time or inclination, Im just doing CL modes and picking teams at random to have a go with.
The game really seems to shine in the box, whereas the other games feels a bit meh in this area this is fifas strength.
I also love how hard it is to score and just because you are 1 on 1 it doesnt mean "Goal!". Abrahams for Chelsea missed so many chances in the last game but I think in the other game they go in.
The game also looks lovely on my monitor. I wouldnt mind adding a few mods but I have no idea how to do this so will try and google it.
There doesnt seem to be as many modders out the for Fifa as there is for PES.

So, due to the other games awful refs and collision system I decided to re-install this on the PC and give it another (final!) go.
Thinking I would only play one or two games and get fed up I was amazed I was still playing a few hours later.
I tried various levels of teams from Liverpool to Leeds to Leyton Orient and I have to say I am really enjoying it. Im not doing a career mode as I dont have the time or inclination, Im just doing CL modes and picking teams at random to have a go with.
The game really seems to shine in the box, whereas the other games feels a bit meh in this area this is fifas strength.
I also love how hard it is to score and just because you are 1 on 1 it doesnt mean "Goal!". Abrahams for Chelsea missed so many chances in the last game but I think in the other game they go in.
The game also looks lovely on my monitor. I wouldnt mind adding a few mods but I have no idea how to do this so will try and google it.
There doesnt seem to be as many modders out the for Fifa as there is for PES.

Maybe you can visit soccergaming, it is one of the biggest place for fifa modding scene.

http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?categories/fifa-20-editing.219/

You probably need frosty tools to install any mods for FIFA 20, from what i read the tool has similiar function like dpfilelist generator.

Hi
Ive found a new LFC kit.

Im trying to install but am stuck
Can anyone please help

1. Put my mod in Frosty Mod Manager. - Done that.
2. Delete ModData - From where? Here? C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 20\ModData (and if so all 3 files in there?) Thanks
3. Put squad file provided in Documents > FIFA 20 > Settings and load it in-game - Done but nothings showing up. Think it has something to do with above?
4. DONE! - I wish :P

Have they?
EA have fixed about 10% of them, Paulv2k4 has fixed about 20% and improved about 30% more on top of that. Check out @Placebo's earlier post.

It's pretty scandalous if you compare what the dev team have done compared to what one man has done in his spare time. He's even developed a system where youth players' faces change over time, FFS.

For me the bigger issue is the general skatey floatyness of the gameplay. I enjoy so much of the gameplay as a whole, but the general feel is difficult to enjoy. Less solid, less grounded, and more like you're controlling a swarm of bees. BEEFA 20?

Just hoping both Konami and EA have been working on a new game for next-gen over the past couple of years. Against all of the odds. Every single one of them..

Just hoping both Konami and EA have been working on a new game for next-gen over the past couple of years. Against all of the odds. Every single one of them..

I don't believe it at all. I don't even have hope. There is nothing suggesting it. They will only improve graphics, animations, add to online modes new ways to cash in and that's it. Despite having ten times the computational power compared to current gen consoles, next gen football games won't use it one bit to really improve the gameplay.

EA only recently changed to use Frostbite and the game has been going backwards since.

I seriously doubt EA will ever change the game engine, the next gen version will still be frostbite.

EA have fixed about 10% of them, Paulv2k4 has fixed about 20% and improved about 30% more on top of that. Check out @Placebo's earlier post.

It's pretty scandalous if you compare what the dev team have done compared to what one man has done in his spare time. He's even developed a system where youth players' faces change over time, FFS.

For me the bigger issue is the general skatey floatyness of the gameplay. I enjoy so much of the gameplay as a whole, but the general feel is difficult to enjoy. Less solid, less grounded, and more like you're controlling a swarm of bees. BEEFA 20?

Good to know, my social media connectivity is restricted to this very forum and soccergaming.

Even though I really didn't dive yet into this game, I tend to share your feeling about the gameplay. The "skatey floatyness" is annoying and breaks a big part of my immersion. The second thing that feels strange to me is the overall player movements, it feels really static to me. In defense you have to constantly switch the player you control and move them where they should be which is rather tricky when the teammate control button allows you controlling only an additional player. I get that it makes the defensive side of the game harder, more rewarding, and may be ultimately more interesting, but from a simulation point of view it looks off. In attack also the runs the players offer are a bit disappointing but this is may be down to players instructions.

I have some hope that may be we/someone will be able to improve those things on PC. Paulv2k4 addressed the defensive awareness to some extant, but the overall experience feels still a bit off to me. Concerning the players movements weight, let's hope for PC players it can be addressed with frosty editor. I only tweaked the ball physics so far. You can make some impactful (for the best and the worst) modification to the ball behavior with frosty editor, but the AI players seems to have no difficulty to anticipate the ball behavior after those changes.

I have the game for pc for nearly two months now but i can't really enjoy it first of all because of it's general floaty skatey feel of the gameplay as some others say, (Thanks Volta!!!:RANT:....) but mostly because it keeps freezing for 5-10 seconds during the match nearly in every match.
I have gtx 1060 6gb, i5-4590 and 8gb ram.Normally i think i should be playing it just fine with these specs.But even if i put it on the lowest setting it keeps freezing again.What should i do?Maybe anyone has a solution or a tip or something?Should i upgrade to 16gb ram maybe to solve it?
Anyway,as i read through ea forums etc,i see that tons of people have issues especially with the pc version and with other ea games also.
The amount of bugs and technical issues that exist is a fucking joke..and they want to call themselves a big company ffs..
Every game that they pull out like Star Wars and Need for Speed have many issues also from what i read and they're unable to resolve them.
I guess they use Frostbite for them also and that has to be one of the reasons..from the moment they released this fucking engine the amount of bugs and issues just hit the sky all of a sudden and their overall optimization for pc releases especially is always shit..
They just don't care as it seems they can just keep milking FUT money no matter what..
I play mostly Squad Battles in Fifa and amongst other bugs and issues,there is a ridiculous bug where most of the time it doesn't show my Pep manager in cutscenes but instead they show this other bald head default manager react when i lose chances etc like he's my manager!
And sometimes in the end of the match where there is this cutscene when the manager goes to shake hands with the other one,there is no one there and it's just one manager shaking hands with the wind as there is no one else there..Fucking shambles of a game really and i kinda regret spending 44 euros on it..I still keep playing Pes more anyway..I just wanted to have a different game also to play sometimes just for a change but with all these issues and bugs it's just frustrating and impossible.

So...
I've been away of Evo-Web and social media / modding communities for over a month now due to personal problems.
Checking in every once in a while though.

But what I really wanted to say is that I've been enjoying FIFA the past 2 weeks. I don't know if that last update they put out really tackled the right things or what. I'm not using any Gameplay mods at all. Just Sliders I've tweaked (that would probably not fit anyone else's taste) and I had some very enjoyable games. In fact, I stopped playing PES right before I went AWOL and I can't seem to go back to it and like it as much as I was liking before, anymore.

Maybe that's one of the reasons they stopped pushing title updates so often. Maybe they did tackle the right issues within the first two months and now they know this is the game they wanted to put out there?.

So...
I've been away of Evo-Web and social media / modding communities for over a month now due to personal problems.
Checking in every once in a while though.

But what I really wanted to say is that I've been enjoying FIFA the past 2 weeks. I don't know if that last update they put out really tackled the right things or what. I'm not using any Gameplay mods at all. Just Sliders I've tweaked (that would probably not fit anyone else's taste) and I had some very enjoyable games. In fact, I stopped playing PES right before I went AWOL and I can't seem to go back to it and like it as much as I was liking before, anymore.

Maybe that's one of the reasons they stopped pushing title updates so often. Maybe they did tackle the right issues within the first two months and now they know this is the game they wanted to put out there?.

That's great to hear, man. Your GFXmod has transformed my game in an aesthetic sense. I've got feels of FIFA 16 seeping back to me at this point. The game overall is in such a good place and it's quite hard to put it down. I haven't touched PES in a minute, but plan on it just for a refresher course :) .

Eh, the game is fun to me. I can understand every single critic, and probably even share most if not all them, but fact is for the first time in years it seems I've found a game that does have a lot of the things I search in a football title: solid individuality, great randomness and most of all an interesting AI which doesn't make ME struggle to create a different experience for each single game. I've started a career with Tottenham and playing against City on the second game was a damn experience. They looked like the real thing in a lot of occasions.

I don't know, I'd love to have better animations or heavier players, but honestly after the first fireworks it's mostly stuff like above that keeps me coming back for more.

Eh, the game is fun to me. I can understand every single critic, and probably even share most if not all them, but fact is for the first time in years it seems I've found a game that does have a lot of the things I search in a football title: solid individuality, great randomness and most of all an interesting AI which doesn't make ME struggle to create a different experience for each single game. I've started a career with Tottenham and playing against City on the second game was a damn experience. They looked like the real thing in a lot of occasions.

I don't know, I'd love to have better animations or heavier players, but honestly after the first fireworks it's mostly stuff like above that keeps me coming back for more.

This is true, there is a lot of good things and the attacking AI is certainly one of the most remarkable thing with this game. Such a shame others things are not on par at least with older iterations of the game. Yesterday I scored a goal that looked ok on the gameplay cam (I am using the Pro Cam) but on the replay, they were not a single foot step by my controlled player that was not a slidy teleportating foot step.

I think can overlook that but then the serie has now one of the thing I hate the most in the PES series, the attackers not giving a fuck about their defensive duties.

A good example of this can be seen on @Matt10 video above. Around 0:58 on ward on his video its team winger, with the number 17, is in a good defending position but has no will to help its teammate (1:40 is another good example). It could be that Matt gave him the instruction to stay in attack, but in my experience they do that even without this instruction. There is only very few player in top tier football that are "allowed"/ "have the favor" from their coach to do that. Messi does that very often and while he is my favorite player on the ball, he is also one of my most hated player without the ball. I know he has apparently a special metabolism but still. If I was a children coach I would not like my kids to take has an example his defending attitude. I would very much prefer them to take Mane has an example who is not afraid to help his teammates.

If the defensive side of the game was a bit more about team defending rather than individual defending only, it could really bring this game to another level, probably with even more random moments and more true moments of football.
Something I love about FIFA16 is that everything is a matter of inches and half second decisions and I am not really getting that with this game yet.

This is true, there is a lot of good things and the attacking AI is certainly one of the most remarkable thing with this game. Such a shame others things are not on par at least with older iterations of the game. Yesterday I scored a goal that looked ok on the gameplay cam (I am using the Pro Cam) but on the replay, they were not a single foot step by my controlled player that was not a slidy teleportating foot step.

I think can overlook that but then the serie has now one of the thing I hate the most in the PES series, the attackers not giving a fuck about their defensive duties.

A good example of this can be seen on @Matt10 video above. Around 0:58 on ward on his video its team winger, with the number 17, is in a good defending position but has no will to help its teammate (1:40 is another good example). It could be that Matt gave him the instruction to stay in attack, but in my experience they do that even without this instruction. There is only very few player in top tier football that are "allowed"/ "have the favor" from their coach to do that. Messi does that very often and while he is my favorite player on the ball, he is also one of my most hated player without the ball. I know he has apparently a special metabolism but still. If I was a children coach I would not like my kids to take has an example his defending attitude. I would very much prefer them to take Mane has an example who is not afraid to help his teammates.

If the defensive side of the game was a bit more about team defending rather than individual defending only, it could really bring this game to another level, probably with even more random moments and more true moments of football.
Something I love about FIFA16 is that everything is a matter of inches and half second decisions and I am not really getting that with this game yet.

Yeah, it's a real shame the game is forced to adopt such off the ball nonsense to balance their online stuff. Hope there is a way to at least mitigate the problem.

Anyway, as Matt I think said, in the end it's about taking the most from what we have. Maybe I find easier to accept Fifa's flaws because I approached it with an out of scale skepticism: I had this idea Fifa 20 was the worst modern football game ever created which endured for all the past months. So when I picked it up and I found out it not only was playable but it was much better than I tought of and I could create a significant gaming experience, I was more willing to let slide the very evident bad of it.

Probably the same opposite reason why I have many many problems enjoying the other game now. I had this strong image of almost dream football given by the demo and the first update (I'm probably the only person on the whole evoweb to enjoy more the game on 1.02 than the following ones) and now that my recent tries more or less completely shattered it I can't seem to appreciate the good anymore. (sorry for the little digression, I promise it's not a comparison, just my experience which I found necessary to share to complete my reasoning)

p.s. forgive eventual typos, too little sleep lately.

I have been enjoying this fifa with some slider tweaks. I do have some quick questions/observations:

-Again, defending, whats the best way to defend, im using legacy defending, should i move to the other one? Ive been playing fifa and pes for a while but this one is the hardest one to defend so far. I usually just use the press button (what has worked in previous fifas and in pes). I have a better chance just sending an AI guy or else they just blow past me.

- what a difference a few sliders changes make. I was having some crappy games, never being able to connect headers and just weird movements, switched the sprint slider to default and now all is well.

-Do I miss anything by skipping the interview post match or prematch? at the beginning they were good, now my answers are all the same to the same questions.

-am i missing something by playing assisted (I still sometimes struggle in legendary), i tried semi, but i wasted an entire afternoon trying to string together 1 pass. its just not for me.

Enjoying this game as well as PES20 and curiously as well as PES17.

PS: anyway to NOT do the chicken celebration? or how to edit my celebrations...

Looking forward to next gen FIFA 21!
New consoles will release around Christmas of 2020.
The new football games are released around late August-September.
So the 21 version for football games will release before the new consoles,meaning that we will probably won't see a next gen version until Fifa-Pes 22.

Do you guys recommend any mod too change the turf color. Using one but i launched fifa 17 and kinda liked the darker greener pitch. Looked more realistic. This year pes and fifa pitches are a bit bright.

Also is there an adboard mod? Most of my ads are for fifa 20 and fut

New consoles will release around Christmas of 2020.
The new football games are released around late August-September.
So the 21 version for football games will release before the new consoles,meaning that we will probably won't see a next gen version until Fifa-Pes 22.

Maybe it will be something like FIFA 14 as launch titel on the PS4 somewhere in november. We will see.

Thanks, I tried it a while ago and the textures were messed up in my setting. the the camera in the menu was messed up like it looked in a fisheye camera. I will give it a shot again tonight. Quick question, does this free version get updates like the paid version?

I dont know why but I like the colors of the old FIFA17 pitch even though they are darker.

Thanks. The Matu turf in the description says there are 3 options to choose from, do you know how to choose them? Seems from his screens one of them looks really nice and dark with poppin colors

Back
Top Bottom