FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

That FUT game mode looks nicely packed with content for another year i must say.

I go through spells with FUT. The last time I got really into it was FIFA 18. Unfortunately for me, I'm a sucker for collection based games (if said collection has an impact on the gameplay). I try to avoid it because I know I'll spend money. In lieu of both games looking lackluster so far, I might just fully embrace FUT for the first few months of FIFA 21. Fuck it. I'm not going to lie, the co-op features and stadium customization caught my eye. I'm part of the problem!

I also realized that FUT 20 implemented seasons (like a lot of "games as service" titles do)? I'm into that, gives you something extra to work towards.

"The most sociable and customisable fuck yet." Some people pay big money for that.

They should've gone for a more articulate narrator.

I want to like FUT and get excited by that, but I just don't and can't. Bring the stadium feature to CM, please.

:LOL:

I did a double take when he said at the beginning "opportunities to team up with the fuck community". I'm looking forward to more videos about this now, purely for the giggles.

Career news is on Thursday, most likely at the same time. It has most additions added this year than any other mode. Sounds quite interesting.
All of it useless if the gameplay is FUT gameplay.

I'm hoping (yes, I'm still here, still hoping for good news for footballing realism, like an idiot) that there is some gameplay stuff mentioned as part of the Career Mode presentation.

It was interesting to me that one of the "key features" in the FUT trailer was the gameplay. Granted, it just repeated things from the gameplay trailer... But I can just see - in fantasy land, not the real world - "new, for Career Mode - Career Mode specific gameplay"...

(What a dreamer.)

Thats it i'll learn to code and make an actuall FOOTBALL game and i'll be rich. There is none on the market currently.
You've got my money right now. The world needs you. Be the hero we need...

Last edited:
(Game engine image from next generation console)

tier-1-g5-day2.jpg

tier-2-g5-day-1.jpg

tier-3-g5-day-1-1.jpg

Uh, why are you guys mad at fitness being removed from Ultimate Team mode? It does not affect any other modes.
It's just further showing the direction they are going, simplifying everything to becoming more brainless with any football elements removed. Another factor to not have to think about, no squad rotation needed or value of high stamina/fitness players. Probably so people can just click "next" like a zombie into their 20th weekend league match of the day without requiring any managing of the team.

Anything FUT related pretty much does affect any other modes, as they spend vastly more time and resources developing FUT compared to any other modes (even online ones like Clubs) or even the gameplay itself which have been neglected more and more as these slot machine modes have risen in popularity. Anyone who wants a decent football game should be pissed off at even the thought of the FUT mode.

Last edited:
So it's mostly just that the AI players on the team can be given stupid names and green afros, and you can use the existing tactical options from other modes that should have been standard in Clubs for years. They could have put some of the FUT features in like the stadium customisation, but that's not coming to Clubs by the looks of it and I doubt it will be in Career mode either.

Also if you play Clubs as it's intended (11v11), neither of the 'features' they describe have any impact whatsoever.

I just did a quick copy+paste word count of the FUT vs Pro Clubs "Deep Dives", removing the same stuff from the top and bottom...

FUT;
ERdLM0A.png

Pro Clubs;
OOwP1ek.png

Priorities...

Last edited:
Thats it i'll learn to code and make an actuall FOOTBALL game and i'll be rich. There is none on the market currently.
Sorry for OFFTOPIC, but no need to start from scratch, you can always continue from where Bazkie left it. :)

https://github.com/BazkieBumpercar/GameplayFootball

Also he developed this year another Football Project, although it is much much more simplistic and arcad-ish for fun

https://properlydecent.itch.io/ballsy-world-cup-2020

If anyone of you does know him at personal, it would be a good time now, to try and convince him to go back to his old project with better support to his Gameplay Football Project. He improved it very much on the last betas.

P.S. Spoiler 2: Two guys seem to play their own versions, although i do not know what did they improve, cause they are both videos in Spanish..

P.S.3: He is also a member here, despite inactive since 2018, can't tag him for a reason..
bazkie

Last edited:
Sorry for OFFTOPIC, but no need to start from scratch, you can always continue from where Bazkie left it. :)

https://github.com/BazkieBumpercar/GameplayFootball

Also he developed this year another Football Project, although it is much much more simplistic and arcad-ish for fun

https://properlydecent.itch.io/ballsy-world-cup-2020

If anyone of you does know him at personal, it would be a good time now, to try and convince him to go back to his old project with better support to his Gameplay Football Project. He improved it very much on the last betas.

P.S. Spoiler 2: Two guys seem to play their own versions, although i do not know what did they improve, cause they are both videos in Spanish..

P.S.3: He is also a member here, despite inactive since 2018, can't tag him for a reason..
bazkie
Looks like a nice project, but he himself advises to not try to continue development

"In short, this game has pretty good potential gameplay-wise, but has architectural problems regarding the code. I would advise you not to continue development, but rather use the source as inspiration for your own game. "

" I don't offer support for this, so enjoy it but leave me alone ;) "

Probably best not to bother him about it, though it may be interesting to try to understand the code and there may be some useful assets in there like 3D models/animations if these could be used in another project (at least as placeholders).

Looks like a nice project, but he himself advises to not try to continue development

"In short, this game has pretty good potential gameplay-wise, but has architectural problems regarding the code. I would advise you not to continue development, but rather use the source as inspiration for your own game. "

" I don't offer support for this, so enjoy it but leave me alone ;) "

Probably best not to bother him about it, though it may be interesting to try to understand the code and there may be some useful assets in there like 3D models/animations if these could be used in another project (at least as placeholders).
Yes, this part about poking him back was just for fun. I do't have knowledge about programming, the best i could do , was write a code for a 3 RNG slot machine written in Visual Basic.
What i want to say and not expand, as i am already more offtopic than possible, is that the only open source code we have in the current era, all over the world, that can produce something that looks like a football simulation, is this project. Except for this i have zero clue how this code could be useful.
Google uses it already, in order to train its AI in decision making.

...EA, I'll take back everything I've said up to now - all of it - if you tell me in the Career Mode reveal tomorrow that you're including sim-focused Career Mode gameplay...

Ha, I was typing the same thing when your post popped up.

When was the last time we all started a CM/Masterleague and just kept on playing until the next game came along? How many are just starting & restarting a save just to test or see if they can somehow find some fun & immersion? I can think of no feature or amount of features that will make me buy a football game again at full price if it doesn't involve gameplay/getting rid of the dreadful fut baggage.

For me it's now 4-5 years since the last time I properly played career mode in fifa. In 16 and 17, although I played 17 much less. I do begin to wonder why I still follow the pre-release news, lol.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/pitch-notes/news/pitch-notes-fifa-21-volta-football-deep-dive

Once again, lots of talk about mode-exclusive gameplay...

...EA, I'll take back everything I've said up to now - all of it - if you tell me in the Career Mode reveal tomorrow that you're including sim-focused Career Mode gameplay...
Never, ever going to happen. And I'll be more than happy if I'm completely wrong.

'Mode-exclusive gameplay' will be the ability to dive in & out of the management/tactical side of things during a simulated match is what I predict - EA think us Career Mode heads want Football Manager. Personally, I don't. I haven't played Football Manager on PC for years becuase it's incredibly tedious. But I bet that's what they mean with this.

Never, ever going to happen. And I'll be more than happy if I'm completely wrong.

'Mode-exclusive gameplay' will be the ability to dive in & out of the management/tactical side of things during a simulated match is what I predict - EA think us Career Mode heads want Football Manager. Personally, I don't. I haven't played Football Manager on PC for years becuase it's incredibly tedious. But I bet that's what they mean with this.

Volta gameplay is technically already unique and a separate thing from the gameplay in other modes, even in fifa 20. We can see this on the pc version with modding tools. The files that control a good chunk of the gameplay are different for the 11v11 game and volta. Changes between the two are tiny, but it's still technically unique gameplay and maybe there's going to be more changes in 21. Who knows, or cares.

Which makes it even more infuriating that they just don't want to separate offline gameplay/fut. And yeah I will be shocked if they do, considering competitor mode is all about playing against a fut pro in your cm, lol. (Seriously, has anyone ever asked for this? I'd like to meet the person who was playing cm and was thinking 'this would be so much better if the cpu was spamming drag backs and el tornadoes' because I doubt such a person exists).

Last edited:
Already in fifa 20, sometimes the cpu randomly flicks up the ball when they are about to shoot. If if remember correctly that was some kind of "meta" thing in fifa 19. Everytime that happens, I just shut the game off. I can't imagine what the "fIfA PR0" diffucultys will be like in 21.

Back
Top Bottom