FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

I guess ill be buying this amazing card collecting game regardless. Its nice that they have interactive gameplay included which often responds to right button presses, which is always nice to see.

But seriously, i am seeing nothing new here. It might as well be season update with a full price tag on.

Whaou! Those fut game looks disgusting.

To be completely fair I don't think FUT games are of any indication. Was there ever a moment in the recent times that it remotely looked like what we want to see offline?

Not that there aren't very good reasons to be pessimist of course, I just don't feel like adding this one too :D

To be completely fair I don't think FUT games are of any indication. Was there ever a moment in the recent times that it remotely looked like what we want to see offline?

Not that there aren't very good reasons to be pessimist of course, I just don't feel like adding this one too :D

Good point.

I think what I found particularly disgusting in this is how everything looks 1vs. Like when one of the player tries to dribble from his own box and the other guy is trying to block it with just 2 players involved. Also on the Allan goal in the first game, you can clearly see that what Allan is allowed to do should not be possible with a proper team defending implementation.
I can't see any reason why this would not be experienced in the others game modes as the code we get is roughly the fut one.

I guess ill be buying this amazing card collecting game regardless. Its nice that they have interactive gameplay included which often responds to right button presses, which is always nice to see.

But seriously, i am seeing nothing new here. It might as well be season update with a full price tag on.

The gameplay video that i saw here about 10 days ago where the guy was playing with Man United on Tele camera was indeed looking different and a bit more heavy/slow and realistic and i liked it.But it was probably the camera or something that gave me this impression because the last 3-4 videos i've seen on default camera including this one here looks and feels exactly like 20.You couldn't tell a difference if you didn't know that it's named 21..

Movement still looks floaty and skaty af,passes being made with the player hardly even moving his leg just to favor very high responsiveness without giving a fuck if it looks realistic or not etc...Look at that Giroud running at 1:07:02..LOL what a fucking joke..

The fact that PES with it's somehow ''robotic'' movement still looks and feels more realistic and closer to what you see in a real match on tv just says it all..
If Frostbite doesn't get the sack from this game it will always be a cartoony mess like this..I'm pretty sure it won't change and it will be the same crap on next gen also..Only thing that looks and feels decent is the shooting..Everything else needs to be made from scratch..it's getting ridiculous at this point..

So from me it's a no..i was thinking to get it after that Man U gameplay that i watched but when the game still feels and looks like this..just no..no amount of stadiums and beautiful menus and atmosphere saves it for me when it still plays and feels like this..I still gonna try the demo to see and feel it better..but from what i see now,gimme PES 20/21 update(like we have to pretend that this Fifa isn't just a season update somehow..)any day of the week instead of this cartoony kiddy looney tunes of a game..It will still keep me easily one more year until PES 22.

Last edited:

One more reason for not playing Fifa are people like him (I was just watching his first match):
"Pique is too slow." You even didn't have any chance to get through.
"Giroud you fat slow bas..." Lost a ball again Ramos even without running. It was a classic 1vs1.
"I was good first 20 min" 0-3 after 45 minutes and no chance because opponent was way too good.
"rage quit" Come on. Nothing left to say.
"it was my first match"

Pain in the ass to watch a kid like him playing something called a football simulation. He's a toxic arcade player and FIFA is the perfect product for those players.
I really don't want to say anything about FIFA because it's a football game like Rocket League is a racer.

I wish that PES and FIFA would have the same licences and both would be completely different football games like Need for Speed and Gran Torismo or Assetto Corsa. So fans of both games would be happy. But instead of facing there clients and make a better game for them they are battling each other with exclusive licences.

I wish that PES and FIFA would have the same licences and both would be completely different football games like Need for Speed and Gran Torismo or Assetto Corsa. So fans of both games would be happy. But instead of facing there clients and make a better game for them they are battling each other with exclusive licences.

That's what people should be asking konami day and night, to find out about pes 22. What's their freaking direction! That's the single most important thing. Taking an extra year and switching engine means nothing if their aim is a piece of the futidiots pie. If and only if they want to build an actual alternative that's like football, there is some hope left for football games.

Each year, same comments.
I can't really judge the game because most of players played the game with default settings.
And it's crap!
I play FUMA, so most of videos look very bad for me.
I like realistic gameplay, with faults, good manual defending, etc...
I can only have an opinion on this game with the ten hours on 1st October with EA Play.
Sliders in Fifa are very important and I only play career mode, I have never tested FUT or Volta :COOL:
I want to see now gameplay on nextgen, to see the differences with currentgen.
No FIFA 21 footage during Gamescom, it's very weird and it's the first time I think

Wait & see!

I'm gonna try put some gameplay vids up. Need to see if I can hide the PSN name somehow though.

Any ideas gratefully received.

I'm gonna try put some gameplay vids up. Need to see if I can hide the PSN name somehow though.

Any ideas gratefully received.
Thanks but it's too risky for you buddy.
In one mouth, I will have my answer. Nba 2K21 is out the 4th, i can wait!

The gameplay video that i saw here about 10 days ago where the guy was playing with Man United on Tele camera was indeed looking different and a bit more heavy/slow and realistic and i liked it.But it was probably the camera or something that gave me this impression because the last 3-4 videos i've seen on default camera including this one here looks and feels exactly like 20.You couldn't tell a difference if you didn't know that it's named 21..

Movement still looks floaty and skaty af,passes being made with the player hardly even moving his leg just to favor very high responsiveness without giving a fuck if it looks realistic or not etc...Look at that Giroud running at 1:07:02..LOL what a fucking joke..

The fact that PES with it's somehow ''robotic'' movement still looks and feels more realistic and closer to what you see in a real match on tv just says it all..
If Frostbite doesn't get the sack from this game it will always be a cartoony mess like this..I'm pretty sure it won't change and it will be the same crap on next gen also..Only thing that looks and feels decent is the shooting..Everything else needs to be made from scratch..it's getting ridiculous at this point..

So from me it's a no..i was thinking to get it after that Man U gameplay that i watched but when the game still feels and looks like this..just no..no amount of stadiums and beautiful menus and atmosphere saves it for me when it still plays and feels like this..I still gonna try the demo to see and feel it better..but from what i see now,gimme PES 20/21 update(like we have to pretend that this Fifa isn't just a season update somehow..)any day of the week instead of this cartoony kiddy looney tunes of a game..It will still keep me easily one more year until PES 22.

Motion matching started a revolution in the way developers create runtime animation controllers for video game characters, freeing developers from the burden of manually crafted motion trees. Games like 'For Honor', 'UFC' and 'Last of Us' are showing the great benefits in terms of realism and animation quality this technique can provide.

Motion matching can only choose poses from an animation database, with no ability to generate new ones. Machine learning can help you go a step further, from motion matching to actual motion synthesis.

This session will cover state-of-the-art techniques (Phase-Functioned Neural Networks, and Mode-Adaptive Neural Networks) that use neural networks to synthesize motion from examples, explicitly calling out important architecture and implementation details, and spark a discussion on how this technology can be used in a modern game development pipeline.

For example

PES > Motion Matching > Script Animations > Perfect Transitions

FIFA > Motion Synthesis > Dynamic Animations > Bad Transictions

IMG_20200830_124534.jpg

IMG_20200830_124517.jpg

https://www.gdcvault.com/play/1026472/ML-Tutorial-Day-From-Motion

Motion matching started a revolution in the way developers create runtime animation controllers for video game characters, freeing developers from the burden of manually crafted motion trees. Games like 'For Honor', 'UFC' and 'Last of Us' are showing the great benefits in terms of realism and animation quality this technique can provide.

Motion matching can only choose poses from an animation database, with no ability to generate new ones. Machine learning can help you go a step further, from motion matching to actual motion synthesis.

This session will cover state-of-the-art techniques (Phase-Functioned Neural Networks, and Mode-Adaptive Neural Networks) that use neural networks to synthesize motion from examples, explicitly calling out important architecture and implementation details, and spark a discussion on how this technology can be used in a modern game development pipeline.

For example

View attachment 57145

View attachment 57146

All that tech is interesting and has potential for football games, but neither football game seem to be doing anything like that at the moment, especially PES. Looks and feels like both are simply using state machine canned animation with some inverse kinematics to make the foot hit the ball etc... FIFA is a bit more complex in that player collisions are more dynamic but to me there's no way current football games are using motion matching. Neither have had any actual innovation through the whole generation.

EA researching and having presentations about it is promising as it shows they're aware of the problems and potential solutions, but nobody knows how many years away any actual implementation would be. While people are throwing money at them for low-effort garbage then they have no reason to risk changing things too much.

EA just set a new record with Madden 21 - the lowest user rated game in Metacritic history! (0.4/10 in 955 reviews)
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/madden-nfl-21
I hope they feel a sense of pride and accomplishment :LOL: At least it seems that Madden players have finally had enough of EA's BS, hopefully we'll see the FIFA community come to the same realisation soon.

Swap mentions of Madden/NFL for FIFA and it fits almost perfectly to the situation with this game...

Last edited:

For example

View attachment 57145

View attachment 57146

This doesn't mean anything if it's not represented in the actual game.I've seen these diagrams before and i've read about them but it's only words and planning until now.The actual movement and motion in the game is still laughable.Like it says there some games like TLOU 2 might be using this already and i can see that happening because the movement in TLOU 2 is indeed very good and realistic with a humanlike weighty feel on it and good footplanting when you move the character or fire a gun.But this certainly isn't the case in Fifa.

PES runs on an ''ancient'' 8 year old engine,and still is more capable in producing more lifelike movement.Of course it's nowhere near great and it feels more limited in variations and different outcomes,but the things that it can do it does them decently enough.There are issues with body collisions for sure,but when you actually control the players or the ball it has a nice realistic feel and surely looks closer to what you see in a real match on tv.
On the other hand you have Frostbite which is supposed to be a new and modern more advanced engine,and the results in movement and motion are probably even worse than the previous engine that they were using.And their problematic ragdollish player models makes it look even more laughable..

The real issue is that it's not only about technology limitations or whatever.It's more about the design and what they want purposely to achieve.
Even if they had the capability to produce more realistic movement,they probably wouldn't do it because they're maybe afraid of any backlash that would come from their playerbase.The vast majority wants and likes this weightless ultra responsive shit and they don't care if it looks or feels unrealistic as long as they are capable to reproduce ridiculous moves and skills in ultra speed.

The game ended 6-5 and I thought he said it was balanced at some point? He also liked and spammed agile dribbling, the equivalent of matrix bullet time. So, it's best to mute the video, you'll be much less annoyed just watching it without getting to hear how good & fun an EA shill thinks it is. And prepare for goalfests. Aren't goalfests fun kids?!

But maybe, by some miracle, only fut will be this bad.

Last edited:
Yea it's terrible, but relax it's just faht. The ratings are not the same as non fut ratings. So I think we will have different gamplay.

If this doesn't convince people not to buy it I'm not sure what will. Please, do not reward this nonsense with a purchase. Sliders and mods will not fix this. We can't just keep telling EA the game going in this direction is fine by just buying every version regardless.

To ever see a decent FIFA game again, we need to start following the lead of the Madden community who have really had enough of EA's shit recently. Just today they got another hashtag trending again, #EndMaddenMonopoly to #4 in the USA. Whether it works and forces any changes from EA, I'm doubtful, but at least there's a decent chunk of them trying to do something and it's getting coverage in gaming media. Even just consistenly seeing that level of discontent in the community may make another studio consider entering the market.

If this doesn't convince people not to buy it I'm not sure what will. Please, do not reward this nonsense with a purchase. Sliders and mods will not fix this. We can't just keep telling EA the game going in this direction is fine by just buying every version regardless.

To ever see a decent FIFA game again, we need to start following the lead of the Madden community who have really had enough of EA's shit recently. Just today they got another hashtag trending again, #EndMaddenMonopoly to #4 in the USA. Whether it works and forces any changes from EA, I'm doubtful, but at least there's a decent chunk of them trying to do something and it's getting coverage in gaming media. Even just consistenly seeing that level of discontent in the community may make another studio consider entering the market.
The problem is, for those hashtags to get so popular, there must be a hell of a lot of people behind it, who all agree Madden is bad.

How many people will watch that FUT clip and go "that looks nothing like real football, what a load of shit"? Probably not that many. Certainly not as many as those who'll shout "great goals", "looks like defending is truly 1v1 with a scoreline like that, YES ABOUT TIME" etc...

Back
Top Bottom