Football Manager 2007

You play with Milan i suppose Milanista???
Im my game (with Spurs) there is a big row going on over Kaka.
Chelsea has declared being intrested in Kaka and Ancelloti is furious..rather realistic...

Thats how Kaka left me. Chelsea were constantly attempting to unsettle him until 1 day he said he wanted a new challenge. After 2 seasons, it suddenly happened- Kaka wanted to leave. Barcelona signed him for 49m pounds and Gourcuff, at the time 20, took over and won player of the year and helped me win Serie A.

How are the new features?
I'm planning on getting the game soon, but I'm worried about the addiction that always comes with this game. :p

Cheers, somehow I knew I wouldn't have to keep checking the sigames site myself.

Anybody after the patch, I'd wait until early next week if I were you. The new patch has introduced a shiny new bug, the contract bug (if you offer a contract to somebody which is less than what they want, and they refuse, they become out of contract - nice one SI, the bugs get more random each year), as well as the nowhere-near-as-bad kit bug (any team which uses different kits in Europe won't display the custom kits you've downloaded properly).

SI have sworn there will be a fix-patch out early next week.

(The plus side of all this, is that the 2D match engine is now pretty much real; it is spectacular)

I have last year's PSP version and i liked it very much...will buy the new one too...

:mryellow: Will do. There's another one been discovered, so (excluding a big graphics bug) there's two major bugs introduced by the new patch; the previously mentioned contract bug, and the "scouts on speed" bug (there have been reports of scouts coming back with 1600+ recommendations in a single day)...

I can't get enough of Football Manager and I find it difficult to hold off playing, but even the hardcore fan has to admit it's got a bit out of hand now. I've been waiting for two months to start a career game (after discovering a bunch of bugs making it very difficult to play, such as your defence not listening to you - I mean that's not exactly something I can put up with in a manager game). Two months! So I've spent £30 on a game I can't play properly yet!

You buy the game and your defensive line won't listen to you (and Iceland or Finland or somethingland don't get promotion and relegation in the second season - great if you support a Scandinavian team), you patch it and your players become out of contract when you offer them a new one, you get the next patch (supposedly out tomorrow or Wednesday) and because it's only a contract-bug and kit-bug fix, you'll still have scouts reporting on a thousand players a day.

I know they don't exactly make the game unplayable, and I know FM is more complex than most, but come on. If I played Viva Piñata and loaded up a save to find I was swimming in piñatas, or (to be slightly more fair) if I played PES and found that a thousand players had shown up unannounced into my shortlist (making it impossible to find the players I actually thought were decent), there's no way I'd keep the game.

I've stood up for SI every year previously, but after seeing their "it's still playable" responses this year I've not been impressed at all. One guy asked if it was possible to sue and SI replied with "no because the game qualifies as 'fit for the purpose it was bought for'". What, to sit in the drawer and gather dust for two months?

Last edited:
Jack, i've been playing a carreer with Spurs since the first day FM07 was on the shelves...call me blind but i haven't noticed that bug...i beleive you if you say it exists but if it exists, i did not bother me at all...still enjoyng the game enormously...to me that puts your (honest) criticism in perspective...(or maybe it's me)...

I've played games on it myself, and I've enjoyed it, but at the same time watching the defenders wonder off, at a lower-league level (which it effects the most from the looks of things), is disastrous and means you can't finish a game with a clean sheet. This disregard of your instructions once you have possession is a confirmed bug. To put it into a better perspective, pre-patch I'd not had a clean sheet in 20 games. After the (first) patch I've had 5 in a row.

Some bugs effect some people but not others. Strangely, the contract bug and the kit bug don't effect a small group of people, and it's not known why. But personally, seeing as the aim of the game is to win, I couldn't keep playing without a patch to fix the defence, and now I can't keep playing because the patch has introduced a contract bug (meaning if you offer a new contract and it's rejected then their contract is reduced to one year). Of course, I could actually keep playing without any patch, but then if it means you can't keep a clean-sheet, isn't the game a bit slanted and, ultimately, pointless if you don't have control over something a real manager would have (if these defenders did in real life what they did in the game, and I was their manager, they wouldn't ****ing leave the training ground until they could watch a team-mate get the ball and stay ****ing still).

I'm glad you're not having issues, and a lot of people aren't, but judging on the sheer amount of complaints on the SI forums this year, a lot of people are as well.

Well Jack, you're hardcore and play lower league...i like it but i'm not hardcore (i don't have the time to be hardcore in any game at all) and i play with Tottenham Hotspurs (leadung the premiership in my first season on january the second...).

Absolute star player of the team: Mido 17 goals in 15 games.

I'm currently playing with Palmeiras in Brazilian League and i'm impressed of the reality of this game. Just for a small example, is very hard to sign new players with that club (a thing i got bugged that it happens in real life! no really good transfers, only ending-career players and hyped but not ogod players).
You play with Milan i suppose Milanista???
Im my game (with Spurs) there is a big row going on over Kaka.
Chelsea has declared being intrested in Kaka and Ancelloti is furious..rather realistic...
Haha!!! In my game Chelsea already have Kaká in their roster for R$ 240 millions (Around 80 million euros)

lads is this worth getting if i have FM 2006?
Yes for sure!!!!

Back
Top Bottom