ScreenShot2012-04-26at230421.png

ScreenShot2012-04-26at230424.png

And this is how my second season is going so far:

ScreenShot2012-04-26at230047.png

ScreenShot2012-04-26at230124.png

ScreenShot2012-04-26at230548.png

Not bad for a few games in:

Leandro.jpg

Had a massive clear out at the start of the season and got in Leandro, Hazard for the right wing and Mats Hummels in defence. Also noticed Hugo Lloris had fallen out with his manager and was transfer listed so got him in for £11m and bought a couple of cheap youngsters including Kara and a 38 year old Roberto Carlos.

15 wins in a row.

spurschelsea.jpg

Formation I'm using:

formation.jpg

Only issue is getting the team talks right. By that I mean not upsetting anyone. Hazard and others have already by angered and complained about my lack of giving the correct talk, so now I see what Kevin Bond suggests and just go with that. Haven't had too many problems since then.

I only have Ade and Leandro to work with up top having sold Saha and Defoe, but Coulibaly is doing pretty well in the reserves as a fall back option.

Here's me reviving this thread. Got this today in one of Steam's "Flash Sales" for 4,99 GBP. Off to downloading trillions of graphics updates and shit! \o/

Last time I played FM it was still labled "Championship Manager" and even included me as player in Germany's 4th division. That was ten years ago, can't wait to see what's changed since then :) Unfortunately, it's not published in Germany because of EA who have all the official footie licenses on this soil. Even had to use a VPN tool to get it.

Anyway, if there's anything special in terms of must-haves or must-knows, let me know. I'm already downloading some logo, faces and adboard packages, but still --> I'm a noob at this. Cheers!

Haha, you're probably one of the very few who still remember that shitty nick ;)

Thanks, though. As far as I can tell I'm gonna need it BIG TIME. I've become a lazy bum, gonna need to dig my way through various tutorials and newbie guides first. Already went through the hassle of installing various faces, logos, adboards and stuff, at least. Thanks to god for inventing SSD drives, though, extracting the faces megapack surely would have taken a million years otherwise :CONFUSE:

Ha. Yeah. It's hard to get use to you with this name. :)

I actually haven't played FM in a couple of months. Think I burned out on it. Hopefully when the new one comes out I can get back into it.

Ha. Yeah. It's hard to get use to you with this name. :)

I actually haven't played FM in a couple of months. Think I burned out on it. Hopefully when the new one comes out I can get back into it.
Me too. I'm at Fiorentina in my game and about 5 points clear at the top of the Serie A but can't find the motivation to play it. Might update to now and start a new game as Liverpool...

Me too. I'm at Fiorentina in my game and about 5 points clear at the top of the Serie A but can't find the motivation to play it. Might update to now and start a new game as Liverpool...

It sucks not being motivated to play. I've tried my match against Liverpool several times and I just can't get through it.

Im thinking of buying this game, problem is I only have a 3 year old computer which struggles to run Minecraft after an hour or two, and a 4 year old laptop which has had more viruses than a LA whore, so I need to know.. Would it be worth getting?

I guess we are all having motivation issues. I can't find mine either. I even tried an 'exotic' experience with both Shanghai Shenhua and Seattle Sounders but nah, quit it in a New York minute. :(

I'm in 2043 in my Juventus save on FM10.

What the hell... :CONFUSE: :LOL:

a 4 year old laptop which has had more viruses than a LA whore

Holy crap on a cracker! :LMAO: Just off the 101 freeway, at Denny's, here they are waiting for you!

I'm not an informatics guru but I think you might have a bad time playing FM on those machines. Just a little hunch.

Against better judgement I picked up the game anyway for £7, currently installing.. Will start playing later, hopefully get some good play with my ahem, amazing computer.. Who knows, it's not a huge hit money wise if it doesn't work properly.

Edit- What files etc would you guys suggest downloading ( if any) to improve/add to the game? Would like to have as full an experience a I can :P

Last edited:
Edit- What files etc would you guys suggest downloading ( if any) to improve/add to the game? Would like to have as full an experience a I can :P

Sorry for two posts, but I'm a complete newbie to FM and have no idea what to download, where to download and how to implement in to the game.. so if someone could give me a link to what to do download and how to use it I would be so thankful!

There is a book about FM addicted people:

We are the cursed generation. Slaves to our addiction, masters only of our regens. We trudge through every day, holding press conferences in our heads, mapping out transfer policy in imaginary Sunday broadsheet interviews. We agonise over formation, toil over tactics. Sometimes we convince ourselves to micro-manage everything, including the U18 squad. We are the Football Managers.

If the team at Backpage Press achieve anything with our new book 'Football Manager Stole My Life', I hope that we can reassure you that you are not alone in this. We know what it is to sit on the sofa tinkering until 3am, scared to go to the toilet in case the flush wakes your partner. We know how it feels when hours of work fall apart in an injury crisis that extinguishes your promotion hopes for another year. But we also know that there are thousands of others who have got it worse than us. Like the chap who shakes hands with the doorknob before a Cup Final, convincing himself that it's a visiting dignitary. Or the hopelessly addicted student whose friends had to smash the CD in front of him in a violent intervention.

I knew instantly that Football Manager, or Championship Manager as it was originally, would change gaming forever. Unlike the other simulations I'd adored, Kevin Toms' original FM, Tracksuit Manager and Football Masters, this was so advanced it was practically sentient. Back in 1992, the Collyer brothers' debut was largely ignored by the critics. They saw a game that looked more like a spreadsheet. I saw the beauty beyond the numbers.

For the first time ever, this was a game that didn't revolve around you. You revolved around the game. The game did not need you, the game did not care about you. If you failed, the game would get rid of you and carry on without looking back over its shoulder. And that's what made it so compelling. Even without real player names, it sucked me in and dealt a heavy blow to my GCSE prospects.

Twenty years on, very little has changed for me. A father now, with less disposable time than ever before, I still relish the opportunity to sit down with a cup of tea, mapping out a plan for the future of my pretend team, packed with pretend players who battle for pretend cups. I haven't been able to get into a game since finishing my sections of the book, but even as I write these words, I know that my return is approaching. I once had a successful trial for the Falmouth Town third team, so I consider myself 'semi-pro'. That should be enough for a Conference job.

But then again, with everything I've won in the past - a World Cup, the Olympics and the Champions League with FM12 alone - perhaps I'm worth more than that. Perhaps it's time that Fergie stood down to make room for someone who'll actually buy a dynamic midfielder.

We're not idiots. Well, most of us aren't anyway. We know that the world of Football Manager is very different from the world of Actual Football. We don't kid ourselves that our cyber-successes make us Actual Football Managers. We might still think that we know better than Actual Football Managers, but then find me a football fan who doesn't. What we do know is that this isn't a game, it's far more than that. It's an ideological bolt-hole, a sanctuary from reality. It's a place away from the chaos of modern life and the demands of work and family. It's where we can scheme and plot and beam and snarl and win and lose and draw and save and exit only to return hours later to do it all again. It's where we belong.

Iain MacIntosh

FOOTBALL MANAGER STOLE MY LIFE is out on August 10 and is available here.

I cant get the game to start for some reason, when i click to play it on steam it says its unavailable and to try again later or another time, been like this since i got a new pc, help lol

I did a clean install of OS X today and just now reinstalled steam and went to redownload FM 2012 from my Games Library but appearing in there instead of FM2012 is FM2009?! WTF! :LOL:.

I've emailed Steam support about it...

I did a clean install of OS X today and just now reinstalled steam and went to redownload FM 2012 from my Games Library but appearing in there instead of FM2012 is FM2009?! WTF! :LOL:.

I've emailed Steam support about it...

Good luck with that mate, I emailed them about my problem a month ago and havent heard a sausage back

Back
Top Bottom