[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Since I restarted my NBA myleague career a month or so ago,I've played a lot on my Bulls save,65 games in,3rd in my Conference,great cap space for next season.
Also finished my Red dead redemption.
Such a good game,10 years old right?

Ive hade Assassin's creed odessey on my hard drive for a year or so,thought I'd give it a spin.
My good how bad I think it is,voice acting is a joke,like a shit movie on Amazon,when I try to control my player I'm reminded of FIFA 20/21,light weight,no real precision,riding a horse Vs RDR is not even in the same zip code.
Not for me this one.

Might finish Tomb Raider (the last one) instead!

pokemon sword dlc 2, really gotta get myself to try competitive again

pes 21, sort of heartbroken

fifa 21 what a joke

pes 5 still legends

wish i could get ps5 and demon souls but not gonna happen this year

Ive hade Assassin's creed odessey on my hard drive for a year or so,thought I'd give it a spin.
My good how bad I think it is,voice acting is a joke,like a shit movie on Amazon,when I try to control my player I'm reminded of FIFA 20/21,light weight,no real precision,riding a horse Vs RDR is not even in the same zip code.
Not for me this one.

Agree on the lightweight feel but the advantage of this is more ability to climb/traverse the environment.

I hated the first 2-3 hours of it but now can't put it down. Would recommend sticking with it, it doesn't match RDR but what does

Agree on the lightweight feel but the advantage of this is more ability to climb/traverse the environment.

I hated the first 2-3 hours of it but now can't put it down. Would recommend sticking with it, it doesn't match RDR but what does
Cheers man,yeah I kept playing it,and it grew on me,not a top game for me,but better than I first thought

Completed Uncharted3. Good story, some puzzles are improved well but maaan....Uncharted2 had some chapters but this game has a bunch of those where you get cheap killed 30 times in each.

Reminded me of this with 1000 deaths ofc.

F* add Shenmue 2 this good but annoying game category with it's QTEs which usually dont register every second time and makes you start over whole sections if you fail one of them. Shenmue 1 wasnt this of a chore...

Other than PES 2021 I've been diving back into S.T.A.LK.E.R. conversion mods. Currently playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly. S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC is one of my all-time favorite games and the community makes some damn good mods for all three games in the series and stand-alone mods.

Just before I got the PS5, I was playing my daughters old Xbox 360.

Purchased Fight Night Champion which really enjoyed again, will pull it out now and again.

Completed Brothers in Arms 2 (I think it was the 2nd).

Had started Dishonored, so may get back to it at some time.

I got PS4 Broken sword 5, so I'm YT the previous games, with the exception of fan made Broken Sword 2.5 which I completed.

And started Miles Morales on PS5, as well as playing my MLS ML on PES 21.

FD

Last week it was all about FIFA16 vanilla disc version with sliders from @Tamer on PS5!

to put it in one sentence: the many positive aspects of this game really make me want to dive in deeper, learn more and enjoy carefree!

Finished the COD cold war campaign... felt very short and a lot Hollywood. Not so many actual shooting instances though. For 5 bucks it sure was worthwhile. Zombie Mode definitely ain’t „my“ mode! MP is COD MP as you know it. Might jump in with friends for a quick round in the future.

Darkest Dungeon, after it was gifted on the Epic Store.

Never had much love for turn based rpgs (except from the old school FF saga, especially 7 and X :LOVE:), but this one with his roguelike and "team" management elements is surely entertaining me for now. Love it how problematic is to deal with your heroes bad quirks, stresses and whatnot. Bonus point for the art and for the general lovecraftian atmosphere.

I'm only in the first hours of play so who knows, but if the grind won't turn too boring I'll surely devour it.

Last edited:
Mixture of PES 21, ML, completed Spiderman, just ready to start Avengers and playing quite a bit of Madden 21, Face of Franchise.

FD

FIFA 16 on PC. Just bought another copy to play on the PS5 to justify having a PS5.
One of the best football games I’ve ever played on PS5! :D
Till fall that is... ;)

:PRAY:

edit: the FIFA16 PS4 disc i got lend by a friend a few weeks ago is mine now! he gifted the game to me on christmas! what a good friend! :D

Last edited:
Can you stop the game being updated?
i have to be quick! :D i could disconnect the whole console from the internet though, but i want to be online and chat and such...

so, the game starts to download the 1.07 update everytime the game is started or wants to connect to EA servers in the game! it also starts the download process when waking up from rest mode or when i restart my console or insert the disc (the ususal stuff)!

when i put the console in rest mode (what i did the last couple of weeks) and wake up the console the next day... the update is downloaded but not installed (due to the game still running in the background). so i dismiss 2 ingame update messages (want to play with or without update) and keep on playing.

whats most important (and it depends on your internet connection speed too), how fast you can cancel or pause the download and deny the following install process! with my connection, i have about 60 seconds to respond! :D as i know the whole process by now... its all good. its a bit of a hussle but way worth it to me!

"the worst" that can happen (and it did a couple of times) is: the update installs itself... but hey. i just delete the installation then, eject the disc, insert the disc, run the install process and download around 20GB of data (not the 1.07 update wich is around 400MB in a seperate download file). takes about 20 min. with my connection! thats ok...

edit: when i reread my comment it sure looks complicated... but trust me, its not! just a lot of words from a german...! ;)

Last edited:
Finished the Walking Dead Season 1 last night

Why have i never played this before. SO good.

For me that'll be a classic, absolute brilliant game.

I've played them all (bar the Michone ones) and they've been really good, but nothing near that 1st season.

FD

Reactions: OPM
I bought TLOU 2 on release day but only got around to starting it a few weeks ago on the PS5.

Played through it far quicker than I usually do once started. Loved a lot of it, disliked other parts. Can't fault the graphics and voice acting though.

I've now gone back to Days Gone to try and get that one completed. I'd stopped playing that one around 70% of the way through.

I bought TLOU 2 on release day but only got around to starting it a few weeks ago on the PS5.

Played through it far quicker than I usually do once started. Loved a lot of it, disliked other parts. Can't fault the graphics and voice acting though.

I've now gone back to Days Gone to try and get that one completed. I'd stopped playing that one around 70% of the way through.
i played that again from the start when the PS5 update came out... still some way to go for me.
this is one of the PS4 games that really got a nice update. i like the smooth 60fps now and the hd textures look good too!

Just started Red Dead Redemption 2. So far I'm liking it, has a very cinematic feel to it (I get vibes of the movie The Revenant).
I dipping in a few missions of AC: Origins given I put so many hours on it might as well finish it.
Also started a new Division 2 character in PC/Stadia as I lost my previous one when I sold my PS4.

Seems like a lot but other responsibilities only allow me to get in a few hours per week.... so very short sessions

Just started Red Dead Redemption 2. So far I'm liking it, has a very cinematic feel to it (I get vibes of the movie The Revenant).
I dipping in a few missions of AC: Origins given I put so many hours on it might as well finish it.
Also started a new Division 2 character in PC/Stadia as I lost my previous one when I sold my PS4.

Seems like a lot but other responsibilities only allow me to get in a few hours per week.... so very short sessions
In RDR2: I used the cinematic cam while riding the horse sooooooo much! Like I was shooting a western movie. 😍

I can't get involved with RDR2,I've tried for years,but I just can't,played RDR1 this summer just to be able to play RDR2 this fall,but,just can't.
Doesn't grab me at all

In RDR2: I used the cinematic cam while riding the horse sooooooo much! Like I was shooting a western movie. 😍

Yeah it adds so much to the vibe. Im still learning it but once in a while just on a horse i activate the camera

I can't get involved with RDR2,I've tried for years,but I just can't,played RDR1 this summer just to be able to play RDR2 this fall,but,just can't.
Doesn't grab me at all

I have to admit that so far its a slow burner. However I am interested in the story, but I can see how its slow to pick up ( the first chapter is just : walk there, press x, walk back). Plus the amount of things to do might seem overwhelming (shaving,hunting,herb picking,bounties,etc). But Im enjoying it and hope it doesnt drag on with meaningless filler. I liked AC: origins but once it got too long I needed to take a break. I dont like 60 hrs of game play just for the sake of 60 hrs of gameplay.

I do think apart from gameplay, the world and attention to detail is top notch.

Back
Top Bottom