Guitar Hero Thread

Guitar Hero Smash Hits

Something that has been on my mind for a while - now looks like its a reality (didnt even realise this was happening until tonight!).

June 16th, Guitar Hero Smash Hits is released with over 40 songs from all previous games now in full band mode.

http://smashhits.guitarhero.com/index_en_US.html

You can vote on the songs each week that will make the cut.

I would give my right bollock to have 'No One Knows' in GH to play on drums/sing.

Please make it happen people!

Re: Guitar Hero Smash Hits

But GH is shit compared to RB :(

But GH is shit compared to RB :(

Its not *that* bad?! Same sort of ballpark... and the drums are infinitely better in GH due to the extra pad - feels far more realistic and fun to play. Plus the kit overall is better - but the back-catalogue DLC on RB cannot be beat.

I personally think that GH:Metallica is probably the best of the whole genre (technically, not necessarily song wise), but of course its all down to your taste in music, so whilst I think its the best, others will not like Metallica and never give it a chance.

No one knows would be great on the drums.

I know, I'm desperate for it to be included.

If I was any better at the real drums, I'd have a go at learning it, but its far too advanced for me at the moment.

Playing GH:Metallica though on the drums (on 'Hard') has really improved me (on real drums - mainly motor skills) though I feel and it is an absolute blast to play when you pull it off.

If I can get to play No One Knows the same way, I'd be ecstatic!

Rumoured set-list from a 'play tester'... I'm suspicious, yet hopeful :)

GH1
Bark at the Moon
Cowboys from Hell (LIVE)
Godzilla
Hey You
I Love Rock and Roll
Killer Queen
More Than a Feeling
No One Knows
Smoke on the Water
Stellar
Take It Off
Take Me Out
Thunder Kiss '65
Unsung

GH2
Beast and the Harlot
Carry On Wayward Son
Cherry Pie
Free Bird
Freya
Heart-Shaped Box
Killing in the Name
Laid to Rest
Message in a Bottle
Monkey Wrench
Mother
Psychobilly Freakout
Shout at the Devil
Stop
Them Bones
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
The Trooper
Woman
YYZ

GH3
Barracuda
Cult of Personality (Original)
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Lay Down
Miss Murder
Raining Blood
Rock and Roll All Nite
Through the Fire and Flames

GH 80s
Ain't Nothin' But a Good Time
Caught in a Mosh
Electric Eye
I Wanna Rock
Play With Me
Round and Round

GH Aerosmith
Back in the Saddle

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

So much WIN

Confirmed songs from IGN

# Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell (Live)"
# Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"
# Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
# Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - "I Love Rock N' Roll"
# Boston - "More Than A Feeling"
# White Zombie - "Thunder Kiss '65"
# Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"
# Helmet - "Unsung (Live)"
# Queen - "Killer Queen"
# Incubus - "Stellar"
# Ozzy Osbourne - "Bark At The Moon"
# Deep Purple - "Smoke On The Water"
# The Donnas - "Take It Off"
# The Exies - "Hey You"

Great songs there and it will be great to have a go at the old GH1 songs again. But of course, No One Know has made me uber-happy (Stella not far behind as that's cracking too...)

Exactly the same as the 'leaked' list about too, so I think we can assume the rest of that leak is right too... meaning RATM and Free Bird too...

Guitar Hero 5 (Plus others!)

So announced today was GH:5, GH:Van Halen, GH:"Band Hero" and DJ Hero....

Jesus!

I think DJ Hero will deserve its own thread and must admit I'm pretty interested in that - the peripheral alone looks cool and it'll make a change from 'rock'.

Band Hero sounds like Guitar Hero for kids and OAPs.

GH:VH... meh.

So what I wanna talk about is GH:5. What do you want to see improved hardware and software wise?

For starters, I'd love to see 1 more pad on the drums to bring it more in line with a real set - AND big thing is to have them adjustable. If I could get the hi-hat pad to the left of the snare, I'd be made up.

The guitar could do with another button I'd say - doesnt mean it has to increase the amount of notes on screen per sey, but I'd like it to be used to open up more chords/power chords.

A big must for me is independent skill level leaderboards. I'm sick of seeing monster scores at the top of the board that can only be achieved by expert level players.

My final ask - and something I've been wanting for a while is more dynamic scoring. Do away with 50 points per note and make it more accurate. This way, it will reward better players.

I.e. say 50 points for hitting the note perfectly on time and radiate out to 10 points either side of the note in a sliding scale. This will encourage people to be more accurate in one (if not THE) most important thing in music - timing.

Re: Guitar Hero 5 (Plus others!)

Hippo-Yawn.jpg

yawn-caturday-was-lolsome.jpg

yawn1.jpg

For more, just put Yawn into Google images. I have GHWT, and much prefer Rock Band, cant see me buying anymore more games in this genre really, I'm only a causal player and I think they are basically open cast mining this genre till no one will want to play it anymore. One a year is simply enough.

Guitar Hero 5

Activision has said Guitar Hero 5 will let players use any combination of instruments, be it three guitars and a microphone, two guitars and two drums or four microphones.

The new instalment will be out in the autumn on PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360, although whether that will be with fresh instruments is still "TBC", a spokesperson for the publisher told us this afternoon.

Guitar Hero 5 aims to be a bit more accessible to remove the faffing when friends are over for a quick play. To that end, developer Neversoft has added Party Play, where people can drop in and out of songs freely.

Competitive multiplayer has been spruced up with the RockFest mode, too, where players can battle across five different modes and over an entire set list if needs be.

World Tour's debut music creation studio will be reworked, and groups can now trigger Band Moments when they nail passages simultaneously. There are even song challenges where players must tackle tracks in certain ways.

And, of course, there are the songs. We're told to expect "the strongest, most varied set list to-date", which will be taken from over 85 bands including Kings of Leon, Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan.

All of the downloadable content for Guitar Hero World Tour will be compatible, and Activision will even upgrade the old game to support the upgrades and enhancements in Guitar Hero 5.

Re: Guitar Hero series - X360 news inside!

Right, from now on, tis all in one big fuck off thread, there was 8, now there is 1, the Guitar Hero Thread.

Enjoy.

First songs announced for GH5 setlist...

# Kings of Leon - "Sex on Fire"
# The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy for the Devil"
# The White Stripes - "Blue Orchid"
# Santana - "No One to Depend On (Live)"
# Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk"
# Tom Petty - "Runnin' Down a Dream"
# Johnny Cash - "Ring of Fire"
# Bob Dylan - "All Along the Watchtower"

Couple of stone cold crackers there already. Obviously KoL, Stones, Dylan etc but I love Tom Petty too!

85 songs on disc (and all DLC works) and they will all be unlocked from the start.

And you can import your GH:WT songs as well I've read.

Not really looking forward to this much but it'll replace my GH:WT if I can transfer the songs.

Art style looks miles better as well.

Cheers - thats much better! The only thing that really puzzled me in both GH and RB was the cartoony graphics - I know these are still fairly cartoony, but they are heading towards a more realistic look.

What these games also needs is a 'create a band' feature, where you can create all the members and save them as a band to use at any time. For example, you could re-create Pearl Jam and choose them to play through "10" with :)

The big JC too. Quite a promising start to the setlist.

I hope the shinier graphics don't cause any slowdowns.

Back
Top Bottom