How do you approach goal scoring?

I score using nothing but cutbacks. I usually win 9-0 this way.

whatever. cutback until 9-0(joke right?) if you want. but high crossing, back passing, or actually CUTTING IN and dribbling up the byline, beating a couple of defenders and laying off to an onrushing mf/df for a powered finish is a much more rewarding style of play.

dont get me wrong i think there is a time and a place for the L1+OOO cross as well.

ı always use 2 forwards.first one must be a fast and good finisher.second forward must be a powerful post player with a standart passing skill.with speedy forward ı usually make 1-2 with post player on front of the box.

short passes, lots of 1-2's , and the vital through pass! i like to keep the ball on the ground at all times..

i love to use the :square: and :x: trick when 1 on 1 as most times this will either result in u going past the keeps and scoring or the keeps brings u down and gets sent off lol altho sometimes the keeper gets sent off for redick things, one time i passed it by accident while trying to do the :square: :x: skill and the keeper stumbled into me about 2 seconds after the event.....ref blew up for it and sent him off. shocking referee.

i like to play with variation and try to adapt to tactics of opposition asap, coz few of them are good at long balls and many rely on fast passing, many of them are good defenders. But my speciality is Set-Pieces, I score 7 times out of 10 through corners and used to score at and average 4 times per 10 free-kicks in WE9, but PES6 has ridiculous gk a.i. i mean i've scored just twice in last 30 attemps with free-kicks, i know i am good at it but it is very very difficult to score against good gk. i think this should be improved in next edition. gk shouldnt be able to cover so much ground so fast and early, or it should be controlled by the other player.

I wanna put up a question here, How do u score of Free-Kicks, I mean direct ones, not passing, what keys or what different thing u do to score. mentioning combinations wud be good.?

Last edited:
i go under the wall if im very close to the box, holding the down button and tapping circle, slips it just under the wall and gives the keeper no chance usually. otherwise i mix it up depending on what im feeling on that particular set piece, sometimes its better to lay it off to the side and let the guy blast it. sometimes the top corner looks tasty, all depends.

Back
Top Bottom