LAMPARD V GERRARD

Gerrard by a mile. lampard doesn't perform well but scores, Gerrard does both and carries the team. Lampard is made to look good by players like Makalele.

yeah lamps only performs well because of other players he plays with like ballack makele essien people like these had a good world cup except from lamps

Euuu i see lot of people moan about Lamps's deflecting goals!!so what's wrong with that??it's not a goal???And you should look stats of last years: 16 goals and ...Only ONE deflection!!!!

It's got to be Gerrard for me, every time.

He can adapt and play wherever Benitez wants him - he's had to play on the wing and up front as well as in midfield, and he's done a job wherever he's played, and scored.

Lampard on the other hand, would struggle to play anywhere else but centre midfield. And he's only so (and I use this term loosely) "effective" because Makelele allows him that extra bit of freedom. Similarly Sissoko offers the same freedom to Gerrard, but Gerrard makes more of the space, vision and clinicality (is that a word?) than Lampard does.

And what annoys me is that Gerrard is clearly a better overall performer and motivator for England, but it's Lampard who gets to keep his position in centre midfield and Gerrard is forced out wide. Why not just drop Lampard and play Carrick instead? Push Hargreaves out wide and have Carrick and Gerrard in the centre - Carrick would provide Gerrard with similar freedom as Sissoko does.

But yeah, as much as it pains me to say it, Gerrard is in a class of his own, especially when compared to Frank Lampard.

Alternatively, I'm talking sh*t and Frank Lampard is the Messiah ...

Gerrard. Has more pace and power than Lampard. Lampard is fantastic but will often depend on Makelele/Essien to back him up if he loses the ball. Lamps is more ambitious with the shots, hence more goals, but Gerrard overall puts far much more into a team.

Gerrard, hands down.

Other than two things, his diving and temper, he is a lot better than Frank Lampard. Gerrard does everything, Fat Frank just shoots.

Lampard is a top attacking midfielder. He has a solid range of passing, good stamina and despite the gags and stigma about occasional deflections, has fabulous shooting technique and gives Chavski a priceless contribution of goals from midfield.

Gerrard however is as close as dammit to the complete footballer. He has the best engine in the premiership (previously Roy Keane), plays with a real passion, scores wondergoals and even defends when needs be. Remember him playing right back at the end of the 2005 CL final? He carries an essentially quite average Liverpool side and should be England captain in my book.

So in short, Gerrard. Lampard is an excellent asset to any side whereas Gerrard is a player to build a team around.

Gerrard is deformed, I definitely don't like the way he runs. It looks like he will get dismantled into pieces. Lampard looks like he has no motivation.

gergerger said:
Gerrard is deformed, I definitely don't like the way he runs. It looks like he will get dismantled into pieces. Lampard looks like he has no motivation.

Unless there is a plate of pies waiting at the end of the game.

AOBrien07 said:
what is this thing about lampard being consistent year in and year out then you obvisouly never saw the world cup

If Lampard has consistency with England, England would be a force to reckon with. :lmao:

Only a matter of time now until all the Liverpool fans start getting on Gerrards back for the third season in a row lol.

Liverpool fans forget he scored 7 goals last season before the league started aggainst 2 of the worst club teams in europe.

Meanwhile Lampard is still consistantly setting up the goals for chelsea like the 2 goals aggainst Portsmouth in Sat and look where they are in the league.

well watchin them up to now lampard has performed better in my opinion up to now in the premiership yet i think neither have hit top form in this season yet

Of course not, he's fat and useless.
So useless, people dont even bother trying to get at the end of his crosses. And then his cross just flies into the goal. Useless, I'm telling ya.

RuneEdge said:
Of course not, he's fat and useless.
So useless, people dont even bother trying to get at the end of his crosses. And then his cross just flies into the goal. Useless, I'm telling ya.

Ook ok

Back
Top Bottom