Leipzig Game Convention Thread

Was never for this Christmas mate, they said ages ago, they were thinking Quarter 1 next year.

Oh well I suppose its a good thing in a way, the game will get more attention, less traffic.

Well I am now back home. What a mental few days that was...

Care to share your experience with us?

Well it was a busy few days spent wandering round a very large 4 halls with a lot of games being played by a lot of people.

I got to play the demo version of PES on all the major formats on the hall floor. Got whisked away to a special VIP area to play the full version of FIFA as I was asked to take part in a competition. Played many other games, the highlight for me was Kane and Lynch and while it didnt look like the best non football game there it was definately the most fun.

Anyone want to know owt else?

Well it was a busy few days spent wandering round a very large 4 halls with a lot of games being played by a lot of people.

I got to play the demo version of PES on all the major formats on the hall floor. Got whisked away to a special VIP area to play the full version of FIFA as I was asked to take part in a competition. Played many other games, the highlight for me was Kane and Lynch and while it didnt look like the best non football game there it was definately the most fun.

Anyone want to know owt else?

Yes. Since you played both PES and FIFA (the fulll version?), can you tell us the differences and which did you prefer?

For me it was PES on the PS3 that was better than the 360 version from a playability point of view. I still prefer FIFA on the 360 though and as I dont have a PS3 I will only be getting FIFA.

From what I played of PES it is not a game to buy a console for

I know most of you have probably read this on wenb and seeing as this is the leipzig gc thread just am gonna post it

Just got some notification on the GC conventions best game awards.

Heres a full list:

Best 360 Game: BIOSHOCK
Best PS3 Game: PES 2008
Best Wii Game: MARIO & SONIC OLYMPICS
Best PC Game: CRYSIS
Best PS2 Game: PES 2008
Best PSP Game: GOD Of WAR - CHAINS OF OLYMPUS
Best DS Game: EYE TRAINING
Best Online Game: AGE OF CONAN - HYBORIAN ADVENTURES
Best Hardware: Wii BALANCE BOARD

PES only won best PS2 game coz there were no other PS2 games there ;)

I did indeed and was shocked at how poorly it looked and how poorly it played. Not what I had imagined for it at all

:shock:, do you reckon that the press played a different build then because the previews that have come out of Leipzig have been good ones?

:shock:, do you reckon that the press played a different build then because the previews that have come out of Leipzig have been good ones?

Its possible mate but the one on the show floor will be the one that most of the people there will take back memories of and it wasnt good

Cool, do you know if NBA 2K8 was on the show floor?

2K are being so secretive about the game its getting annoying now!

From what I played of PES it is not a game to buy a console for[/QUOTE]

what does this mean wrighty? do you mean you wouldn't buy a ps3?

From what I played of PES it is not a game to buy a console for

danhammer said:
what does this mean wrighty? do you mean you wouldn't buy a ps3?

Not at all mate. I mean that just because I prefer playing PES on the PS3 I wont be rushing out to buy the console when the game gets released. Its good but not that good

Last edited:
kane & lynch was FUN!

devil may cry 4 was GOOD.

HAZE was poor - frame rate was choppy and really bad gfx, jaggies.

need for speed looked nice.

uncharted looked and played well, but the shooting was a bit poor ( enemies would take ages to die after shooting them 8 times in the chest)

but these were demos and i don't know what build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its good to see we are keeping this on topic...

Other games I played were:

Uncharted - Looks good but at the mo has a kind of iffy aiming method.

Tiger Woods 08 - From the demo on the show floor there didnt seem to be too much of a difference between that and 07.

PGR4 - From what I saw its more of an evolution than a revolution. The new weather effects add something special though and the addition of bikes may please some but do nowt for me.

My memory is coming and going at the mo, maybe more wll come to me as the day goes on

The best thing about the new Tiger Woods is that you can put your own face in the game. I'm getting it on Friday purely for that, will be borrowing the nephew's camera specially, so prepare to see my ugly mug if you ever play me. :mryellow:

Back
Top Bottom