Loved FIFA 10..now not so sure?? some thoughts

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. FIFA 10 destroys PES 2010 in every single way. Go head and flame me all you want but some of you PES homers need to get your eyes checked.
Shooting... it's shit in FIFA.

It's funny how many people are true bandwagoners. FIFA 09 crapped all over PES09 and everyone was saying how PES is bad, how they won't spend money buying from Konami thiefs etc etc..now that PES 10 improved "a little bit" some morons come and say FIFA 10 is horrible, PES10 is better.

I'm wondering what some of you are smoking.

Yep, some things are poor in 10 and some are downright disgusting TBH, but it's still a good game, I'm going to get PES and then a good OF to see what it's like...
Still putting 20 odd hours a week into FIFA, yes it could be so much better but I guess we have to wait till 11 for that...

Then it will be a whole other set of issues...

THE BOTTOM LINE IS: FIFA > PES, WE for Next Gen Consoles. That's how I look at it. Why on earth did Konami embarrass themselves and made a game on next-gen consoles that would play like crap. Look at my avatar: THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER MADE. EVER!!! It was done by KONAMI. So do they have engineers who just didn't know next-gen systems that well and EA's engineers did ?

I played PES 2010 and yes it has improved a lot but we are done with PS2 animations. KONAMI haven't succeeded with next-gen consoles so the only way to save their behinds was to introduce same old boring animations, and 8 or 16 deg movements.

The most important thing for us PES/WE fanatics was the GAMEPLAY right ? Now, years after, people bitch about FIFA 10 graphics and not the actual gameplay who I think BLOWS PES 2010 miles away.

Get real people, I'm probably the biggest PES/WE fan and lost alot of time of my life playing them on PS2 but screw KONAMI. That chapter in my life has closed. UNTIL they release a decent, football sim what was known on PS2 I won't make Seabass wallet any heavier.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS: FIFA > PES, WE for Next Gen Consoles. That's how I look at it. Why on earth did Konami embarrass themselves and made a game on next-gen consoles that would play like crap. Look at my avatar: THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER MADE. EVER!!! It was done by KONAMI. So do they have engineers who just didn't know next-gen systems that well and EA's engineers did ?

I played PES 2010 and yes it has improved a lot but we are done with PS2 animations. KONAMI haven't succeeded with next-gen consoles so the only way to save their behinds was to introduce same old boring animations, and 8 or 16 deg movements.

The most important thing for us PES/WE fanatics was the GAMEPLAY right ? Now, years after, people bitch about FIFA 10 graphics and not the actual gameplay who I think BLOWS PES 2010 miles away.

Get real people, I'm probably the biggest PES/WE fan and lost alot of time of my life playing them on PS2 but screw KONAMI. That chapter in my life has closed. UNTIL they release a decent, football sim what was known on PS2 I won't make Seabass wallet any heavier.

I think thats 100% correct.

FIFA 10 is far superior to PES 2010, I don't even think its worth talking about. But my main problem is that FIFA 10 failed to totally destroy PES this year, the way it did with FIFA 09. Meaning there's many reasons for footy fans to look elsewhere for different experiences, where as that never happened (as much) last year.

And lets not forget how poor PES is this year, its not really a compliment saying FIFA 10 is better than PES 2010, it's like saying Man UTD are better than a conference team.

dude YES FIFA 10 is in overal a better game than PES 2010, but atleast PES stay true to the game and dont only focus the game on scoring goals like FIFA does...defending in FIFA is horrible...if you see the runs that the strikers make and that defenders allow them to stay on side...its Horrible, in PES those kind of run the Both teams AI are enough intelligent to know when to cover or when to play them offside, while in FIFA the AI only run on the pitch...they dont defend they dont rush on loose balls...they dont cover...they dont realize that the striker is making a useless run that should result in just pushin up a little but in FIFA they just run on the field leavin striker doing horrible run on side... the football IQ of the FIFA developper are just POOR...I just respect Konami for their powerfull CPU AI thats understand the game

yes FIFA have beautifull animation and fluidity but PES is still the best gameplay Simulation of a football game IMO...

dude YES FIFA 10 is in overal a better game than PES 2010, but atleast PES stay true to the game and dont only focus the game on scoring goals like FIFA does...defending in FIFA is horrible...if you see the runs that the strikers make and that defenders allow them to stay on side...its Horrible, in PES those kind of run the Both teams AI are enough intelligent to know when to cover or when to play them offside, while in FIFA the AI only run on the pitch...they dont defend they dont rush on loose balls...they dont cover...they dont realize that the striker is making a useless run that should result in just pushin up a little but in FIFA they just run on the field leavin striker doing horrible run on side... the football IQ of the FIFA developper are just POOR...I just respect Konami for their powerfull CPU AI thats understand the game

yes FIFA have beautifull animation and fluidity but PES is still the best gameplay Simulation of a football game IMO...

I agree with the bold part, but it just means I'm playing FIFA 09 instead.

No matter how bad FIFA might seem, its still too far beyond PES to make me want to play it iMO.

I agree with the bold part, but it just means I'm playing FIFA 09 instead.

No matter how bad FIFA might seem, its still too far beyond PES to make me want to play it iMO.

I think thats 100% correct.

FIFA 10 is far superior to PES 2010, I don't even think its worth talking about. But my main problem is that FIFA 10 failed to totally destroy PES this year, the way it did with FIFA 09. Meaning there's many reasons for footy fans to look elsewhere for different experiences, where as that never happened (as much) last year.

And lets not forget how poor PES is this year, its not really a compliment saying FIFA 10 is better than PES 2010, it's like saying Man UTD are better than a conference team.

Let me get this straight. You liked FIFA 10 so much that you decided to go BACK to FIFA 09? So by that reasoning FIFA 09 is better than PES 2010? At least PES remains "consistently bad", so you say...

Last edited:
PES 10 gameplay better than FIFA 10 ? :CONFUSE: IS THIS REAL or am I just having a bad night mare ?

Fine, enjoy your old PS2 animations with 8 deg. movements. That's a nice fluidity for you :). FIFA 10 feels like playing a real football, controlling a real human being on the pitch. Is that what next gen consoles are supposed to be about.

I think some of you need to forget about PS3 and 360 and go enjoy your PS2 if you still have one. Unfortunately for me and many others PS2 died a long time ago.

And one more thing, it's extremely amusing and funny that some of you always find something to complain about FIFA, nothing about PES 10. It's all about BEING HONEST with yourself, something that certain amount of people cannot do.

Its sad.

Fine, enjoy your old PS2 animations with 8 deg. movements.

Uhm, actually JWE2009CC on PS2 has much better animations overall than PES 2009 and PES 2010 on PS3. Also, the 360° movements or whatever feature in FIFA is definitely a nice addition but it's hardly groundbreaking, gameplay-wise.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Uhm, actually JWE2009CC on PS2 has much better animations overall than PES 2009 and PES 2010 on PS3. Also, the 360° movements or whatever feature in FIFA is definitely a nice addition but it's hardly groundbreaking, gameplay-wise.

Just sayin'.

FIFA 10 offers true 360 movement something that we never saw in a football game before. I remember years ago when PES/WE first rolled out MANY and I mean MANY fans wanted that 360 movement. And we got it. Why didn't KONAMI add 360 deg. movement ? Because they just want your money. At least EA tries to improve the game every single year, I can't say the same for KONAMI. They've been so poor that they cannot even afford a real licensing. Come on man, who patches games nowdays ? Aren't you tired of that. The bottom line is, FIFA 09 > PES 09 AND FIFA 10 >>>>> PES 2010. Hard to accept it, but that's reality.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who was a DIE HARD PES/WE fan. Every single Winning Eleven and PES I got it from PlayAsia etc. I spent my hard earned money because the product had quality to it, now why would I go and buy PES 2010 when its still using PS2 animations and other shit. Why did I purchase PS3 and paid nearly $700 for a 60 gb so I can enjoy a nice footie game. TBH with you, I only bought PS3 for football and blu-ray nothing else. I only play football games anyways. So I got PS3 for PES/WE but they failed miserably.

Or let's all move and just play SWOS. At least these guys knew how to make a proper fucking league instead of lame MM and ML.

PES 10 gameplay better than FIFA 10 ? :CONFUSE: IS THIS REAL or am I just having a bad night mare ?

Fine, enjoy your old PS2 animations with 8 deg. movements. That's a nice fluidity for you :). FIFA 10 feels like playing a real football, controlling a real human being on the pitch. Is that what next gen consoles are supposed to be about.

I think some of you need to forget about PS3 and 360 and go enjoy your PS2 if you still have one. Unfortunately for me and many others PS2 died a long time ago.

And one more thing, it's extremely amusing and funny that some of you always find something to complain about FIFA, nothing about PES 10. It's all about BEING HONEST with yourself, something that certain amount of people cannot do.

Its sad.
ROFLL?? fifa feel like playing a real football??? cmon man...cant beleive you actualy was a pes fan for saying this...you have no control on players...every touches are the same for every player, like Isaid the the IQ of the AI is vedgetable like, the only good thing about the gameplay it yes...when you look at it it feels like your watching real football cuz of the fluidity but in fact...the game itself, the gameplay is very POOR IMO...theres actualy zero dept in fifa just use a formation that has strikers and you good, no need for decent midfielders...

yes PES feels like playing a ps2 game, you got that right but when you actualy put some time in it, you feel that overal gameplay like...its the real simulation over FIFA 10, and im actualy playing FIFA 10 over PES cuz I cant stand the graphics but overal I know the real simulation is on PES, just cuz of the feelin you get when you score goals, when strange things happen on the pitch but you say wow that would so happen in real life...when you see more than 2 player jostling for a ball in the air and running in to connect with a cross ball...when you see that your teamate aint just some runnin on the pitch but actualy react to whats going on on the pitch...when you see that you have control over CPU tackle instead of the random 95% succesfull tackling of the FIFA CPU,when you see you can get in space for a shot instead of the same god damn touches for every players
and that horrible wrongly programmed physical contact that make the game look like a hockey match...

you cant bitch PES all you want...but in fact they are the true gameplay wise simulation of the game, yes I play FIFA 10 over PES but in reality I know the real deal gameplay wise is in PES.

ROFLL?? fifa feel like playing a real football??? cmon man...cant beleive you actualy was a pes fan for saying this...you have no control on players...every touches are the same for every player, like Isaid the the IQ of the AI is vedgetable like, the only good thing about the gameplay it yes...when you look at it it feels like your watching real football cuz of the fluidity but in fact...the game itself, the gameplay is very POOR IMO...theres actualy zero dept in fifa just use a formation that has strikers and you good, no need for decent midfielders...

yes PES feels like playing a ps2 game, you got that right but when you actualy put some time in it, you feel that overal gameplay like...its the real simulation over FIFA 10, and im actualy playing FIFA 10 over PES cuz I cant stand the graphics but overal I know the real simulation is on PES, just cuz of the feelin you get when you score goals, when strange things happen on the pitch but you say wow that would so happen in real life...when you see more than 2 player jostling for a ball in the air and running in to connect with a cross ball...when you see that your teamate aint just some runnin on the pitch but actualy react to whats going on on the pitch...when you see that you have control over CPU tackle instead of the random 95% succesfull tackling of the FIFA CPU,when you see you can get in space for a shot instead of the same god damn touches for every players
and that horrible wrongly programmed physical contact that make the game look like a hockey match...

you cant bitch PES all you want...but in fact they are the true gameplay wise simulation of the game, yes I play FIFA 10 over PES but in reality I know the real deal gameplay wise is in PES.

So let me get this straight. You're playing FIFA 10 over PES 10 because of graphics :APPLAUD::APPLAUD: Kudos. Shows how much you know brah. If the gameplay is better in PES 10 and (99% of PES/WE fans care ONLY about gameplay I can tell you that) then why don't you go and play PES 10 ?

I guess people have different taste and all, but I scored some screamers in FIFA 10 with awesome counter attacks and combinations something that I was NEVER allowed to do in PES/WE.

I played PES 10 and yes there is def. an improvement over PES 09 but no way on earth is PES 10 gameplay better than FIFA 10.

There's a reason why FIFA 10 got 9/10 and even highter on most websites. The proof is right there.

Take a look @ this video comparing PES 10 gameplay vs FIFA 10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBKNkbOtIvk I don't even have to be informed what game is being played I can already tell a difference. You know how ?

FIFA 10 = looks almost exactly the same as I see real matches on Sky Sports, SETANTA sports etc.

PES 10 = looks like a good football video game.

The choice is yours brother.

Let me get this straight. You liked FIFA 10 so much that you decided to go BACK to FIFA 09? So by that reasoning FIFA 09 is better than PES 2010? At least PES remains "consistently bad", so you say...

Unfortunately I don't enjoy FIFA 10 at all anymore, thats why I play FIFA 09.

My comment was focused on the guys who turned to PES 2010 after not liking FIFA 10. All I was saying was that no matter how poor FIFA 10 is, its incredibly superior to PES 2010. IMO.

Unfortunately I don't enjoy FIFA 10 at all anymore, thats why I play FIFA 09.

My comment was focused on the guys who turned to PES 2010 after not liking FIFA 10. All I was saying was that no matter how poor FIFA 10 is, its incredibly superior to PES 2010. IMO.

No sweat brah, all good. I understand what your saying. I guess we're not used to have 2 good football games. It was either PES or FIFA. Looks like both of them are at some equal level now. But for me, FIFA 10 plays better, feels better, realism is just insane, and I like it much better than PES 2010. I got nothing against someone who prefers PES over FIFA but at least don't bash the game so much. If you read this entire thread, majority of hate towards FIFA 10 is because these fans just do not want to accept that FIFA 10 is more "life-like" game.

I got no problem with that. If they're happy so am I.

PES in it's current state isn't my idea of a good football game package, but I can fully understand why some people would play it over FIFA 10... Stating your opinion as fact and saying people are stupid or are just fanboys because they prefer PES is ridiculous.

If fluid animations and freedom of control aren't priorities for you and you are capable of looking past them, then PES gameplay does offer a lot more depth and variety than FIFA's...

I've already said about how bad the shooting is, which in itself massively cuts down on the goal variety in two ways - the first being that a lot of types of goals are extremely rare or impossible to score due to how the shooting system works, the second being a byproduct of this in that you have to force yourself to focus your attacking around being able to shoot in one of the few ways the game lets you hit a good shot.

As lazyForken has said, the AI in FIFA is a complete joke, i'd say it is some of the worst I have seen in a football game...

I'd rather trust someone from Famitsu reviews, IGN etc. than some PES/WE fanboy. But hey, you got your opinion I got mine, we're all good. :PIRATE:

You mean you value what "PES 2008: 9.2 Outstanding" IGN have to say about a game intended to last a whole year when they review a special "don't talk about the broken stuff" copy that they've been playing for 5 days, over the opinion of someone who disagrees and can articulate why and is therefore a PES heathen?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom