Manchester United Thread

R.I.P Sir Bobby

The game tonight was one of the most boring games I’ve seen this season. Truly dreadful to watch.
We did our usual thing, dribble the wing, cut in and hit a brick wall. I seriously can’t comprehend that when you’ve got a forward like Hojlund that you’re not getting in crosses to him. It isn’t “modern” or “on trend” to cross the ball into the box anymore…. Which is exactly why we should do it. The one and only time we looked dangerous was when the ball got crossed to Hojlund. Other than that it was down to individual play that got us the victory. I understand the fans want to blame the glazers and to an extent they should but I’m pretty certain they aren’t controlling the players or manager with a dual shock 5.
Anyway the win was needed and we did get it but unless our one dimensional play gets sorted we have no chance of CL qualification.
On a positive, I think Maguire has been playing well lately.

If he's keeping his form until the end of season, united should sell him. Use the cash to get some decent CB or MF. Crazy to think that the club has 2 WC winners CB but made of glass.

Not a great deal we could have done about todays match against City. When every single one of their players are better than ours in every single department, it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion barring getting lucky.
Not surprised at the result. I’m not even disappointed. They are an elite team and we are not.

Should've forfeit the game then, same result anyway 0-3, plus saving energy for the next game, lol.
As I said, we could have got lucky. They could have gotten a player sent off, a freak goal keeping error and it may have been different. Anything can happen in football I guess. Plus, you could say the vast majority of teams in the premier league should just forfeit when they play City based on that logic. Also, if you know anything about Manchester Derby then you know that’s a ridiculous thing to say lol
However the facts are the facts and it simply comes down to them having superior players in every position.

I bet those Brighton & Crystal Palace are mighty teams, must be having superior players.. that's why united struggle against them, lol.

Brighton are a good team. A good team in the premier league is like a top 4 team in pretty much every other league in the world. Still, we should have done better against them and Crystal Palace should have been beat convincingly. I think people’s expectations of our team is based on our history. Historically we smash everyone in the league, but that’s not the team we have anymore. When I hear pundits say things like “They shouldn’t be beating Manchester United” I’m thinking yeah… maybe 10+ years ago. We’ve spent a ton of money over the years to try and rectify this and it simply hasn’t worked out. The club needs to entirely rethink everything from the ground up otherwise we’re probably going to have to settle with battling for 4th (which it’s going to be a mega challenge to get there this season) or the Europa league.
Last season we played above our quality. Our team last season had no right to get into the champions league with the players we had but managed it anyway.
It’s still early in the season though so we could turn it around who knows.

Brighton are a good team. A good team in the premier league is like a top 4 team in pretty much every other league in the world. Still, we should have done better against them and Crystal Palace should have been beat convincingly. I think people’s expectations of our team is based on our history. Historically we smash everyone in the league, but that’s not the team we have anymore. When I hear pundits say things like “They shouldn’t be beating Manchester United” I’m thinking yeah… maybe 10+ years ago. We’ve spent a ton of money over the years to try and rectify this and it simply hasn’t worked out. The club needs to entirely rethink everything from the ground up otherwise we’re probably going to have to settle with battling for 4th (which it’s going to be a mega challenge to get there this season) or the Europa league.
Last season we played above our quality. Our team last season had no right to get into the champions league with the players we had but managed it anyway.
It’s still early in the season though so we could turn it around who knows.
i have a lot of Utd mates and i said to them last year after they finished in top 4, you haven't improved the other teams have massively dropped off. Liverpool have rebuilt their midfield and now have forwards and a host of midfielders who can score goals that they were massively lacking last year. Arsenal are improving all the time, Spurs and Newcastle look solid and City is City. Cannot see UTD finishing near top four this year plus after yesterday they are stopping running and tracking back which is a bad sign for the manager

i have a lot of Utd mates and i said to them last year after they finished in top 4, you haven't improved the other teams have massively dropped off. Liverpool have rebuilt their midfield and now have forwards and a host of midfielders who can score goals that they were massively lacking last year. Arsenal are improving all the time, Spurs and Newcastle look solid and City is City. Cannot see UTD finishing near top four this year plus after yesterday they are stopping running and tracking back which is a bad sign for the manager
Yeah like I mentioned, we played above our quality last season. It was promising though because since we did manage to get into the top 4 last season we then had time to build upon it with some transfer business. We got Hojlund, Onana, Mount and Amrabat. On paper before this season started that seemed like some decent business to build upon what we had.
Hojlund is clearly a quality player that isn’t getting service, Mount has done absolutely nothing, Amrabat has been ok and Onana has had a horrific start. The rest of the team already in place has been mediocre at best with Mctominay (a youth graduate. And I make a point of saying this because he didn’t cost us a penny) probably being our best player currently.
All of the players we have aren’t bad players, they’re just not as good as Manchester City players.
Ten Hag has tried everything except change formation. Surely it’s time to swallow his pride on the 4-3-3 (or variant he likes to play) and go with two up front. Rashford as a left striker and Hojlund as a right striker.
The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Time to change it

Back to Back 3-0 loss at Home. What are these guys even doing ? Even worst Losing to Newcastle reserves team. This club could start with 12 players on the pitch and still lose 🥴

Just few months ago i thought Ten Haag was the man turned out he's just Ten Fraud 🥴

Back to Back 3-0 loss at Home. What are these guys even doing ? Even worst Losing to Newcastle reserves team. This club could start with 12 players on the pitch and still lose 🥴

Just few months ago i thought Ten Haag was the man turned out he's just Ten Fraud 🥴
What team do you support? It seems you enjoy going into various club threads to just ridicule a team. It seems you’re trying to incite a response. That’s the definition of trolling. Or “banter” as you call it.

That's your problem not mine tho, it seems like you want to make it personal. It's funny before you arrive nobody said a word to me except you, why is that ?. If you have thin skin well you know you can just ignore my post or there's another option like somone said it back in 2021 🤷

You should check back during 2021/22 season there's far more worst take than mine, lol. I'll continue to post here, as far as im concerned i dont break any rules 🤷

That's your problem not mine tho, it seems like you want to make it personal. It's funny before you arrive nobody said a word to me except you, why is that ?. If you have thin skin well you know you can just ignore my post or there's another option like somone said it back in 2021 🤷

You should check back during 2021/22 season there's far more worst take than mine, lol. I'll continue to post here, as far as im concerned i dont break any rules 🤷
I still laugh, thinking about that pic you posted in the Liverpool thread, with Klopp waking up in bed , after RM had spanked us 5-2 in the CL :D

Maguire fought for the badge today against Fulham. I thought he was improving a while back and today he’s proved it. Pure commitment to the cause. Our attacking play was woeful though… as usual. The obsession with trying to cut in with a dribble from the wing continues. Great that we got the win but it was luck rather than good play that got us there. Fulham had a defensive tragedy and their goalkeeper had the stern hand of an 80 year old woman with arthritis.

V Copenhagen: We played like a good passing team and we’re in complete control of the game 2 up then Rashford gets sent off for turning his body?!?!
Even with 10 men we controlled most of the game but had a lot of decisions go against us and a lot of bad luck. I can’t really fault the performance this time around. I’m starting to think it’s just a case of our club being cursed 🤔

Ratcliffe percent ownership means not only do we have to finish in the top 4 to qualify for the champions league, we’ve also got to beat Nice on points too. So technically we’re contending with an extra team to qualify for the champions league each season. Dreadful news for both Utd and Nice.
Uphill battle much?

“Should the pair each finish in their respective divisions' Champions League places, the team that finishes higher of the two will be awarded qualification, while the other would banned from Europe. If, however, they were to finish in the same position, then United would get the nod because of England's ranking at the top of UEFA's "access list."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manutd-champions-league-ratcliffe-takeover-31506170

@PES4eva "Should the pair each finish in their respective divisions' Champions League places, the team that finishes higher of the two will be awarded qualification, while the other would banned from Europe."

For this reason alone, the rules should be that no one person/consortium should be tied to more than one club. Highly unfair for either club to be on the wrong end of this. Not "sporting", and after all, this is a sport

@PES4eva "Should the pair each finish in their respective divisions' Champions League places, the team that finishes higher of the two will be awarded qualification, while the other would banned from Europe."

For this reason alone, the rules should be that no one person/consortium should be tied to more than one club. Highly unfair for either club to be on the wrong end of this. Not "sporting", and after all, this is a sport
Completely agree. As you said, it’s not fair on either of the clubs. We seriously can’t catch a break at the minute. It feels like everything is against us. Ratcliffe should focus on one club. He should sell the stake in Nice and buy a larger share of Utd (if the Glazers would allow that). Either that or withdraw his investment. I don’t say that likely because I’ve wanted the Glazers out since they took over and put us in debt. I’d imagine Ratcliffe buying 25% of Utd would see him purchase more down the line until he has the controlling stake. Perhaps he will sell his stake in Nice once this happens. Not sure how it will work otherwise.

Have we ever had a manager who has fallen out with so many players? Add in the ones he tried (and failed) to offload in the Summer 23 and Winter 24 transfer windows and he must be a Billy-no-mates. Surely he can't recover this now, we're in serious danger of finishing in 8th-10th place.

Have we ever had a manager who has fallen out with so many players? Add in the ones he tried (and failed) to offload in the Summer 23 and Winter 24 transfer windows and he must be a Billy-no-mates. Surely he can't recover this now, we're in serious danger of finishing in 8th-10th place.

I’ve always said I like Ten Hag as a person but it’s just not working. It’s unlikely we will even get into any European competition as you said. Troubling times once again.
They will keep Ten Hag until the end of the season I think. I mean there’s not much point in replacing him at this late stage. I would expect we have new manager for next season even if he wins the FA Cup. I personally do not like his style of play. We can either have the most thrilling games (because our defence is a joke) or the most boring games because we rinse and repeat the same move over and over again. Play it to the wing, dribble the wing, hit a brick wall, lose the ball (Mainly when Rashford has it).
Regarding Rashford I think enough is enough. He’s 26 not a kid anymore and his performances have gone from inconsistent to dreadful. I think it would be better for the club and himself if he signs abroad and tries to respark his career. Maybe with a buyback clause.

I’ve always said I like Ten Hag as a person but it’s just not working. It’s unlikely we will even get into any European competition as you said. Troubling times once again.
They will keep Ten Hag until the end of the season I think. I mean there’s not much point in replacing him at this late stage. I would expect we have new manager for next season even if he wins the FA Cup. I personally do not like his style of play. We can either have the most thrilling games (because our defence is a joke) or the most boring games because we rinse and repeat the same move over and over again. Play it to the wing, dribble the wing, hit a brick wall, lose the ball (Mainly when Rashford has it).
Regarding Rashford I think enough is enough. He’s 26 not a kid anymore and his performances have gone from inconsistent to dreadful. I think it would be better for the club and himself if he signs abroad and tries to respark his career. Maybe with a buyback clause.
Hard to know what to do with Rashford at the moment because unless he ends the season on fire, he’s going to be relatively low worth to sell but if he can have a good Euros then get maybe a good sum from PSG.

Hard to know what to do with Rashford at the moment because unless he ends the season on fire, he’s going to be relatively low worth to sell but if he can have a good Euros then get maybe a good sum from PSG.
Dunno but we can’t have him playing a great season and then a poor season over and over again. I don’t care about the price now, I just want him gone. He’s detrimental to the team. Even from now he plays in god mode until the end of the season I still want him out. He has no consistency whatsoever.

Dunno but we can’t have him playing a great season and then a poor season over and over again. I don’t care about the price now, I just want him gone. He’s detrimental to the team. Even from now he plays in god mode until the end of the season I still want him out. He has no consistency whatsoever.
He’s never demonstrated being able to have a good partnership with other forwards either. Ronaldo and Cavani both made him look amateur with their superior positioning and link up play.

He’s never demonstrated being able to have a good partnership with other forwards either. Ronaldo and Cavani both made him look amateur with their superior positioning and link up play.

Rashford has no link up play. He tries to dribble the wing and 9 times out of 10 he loses the ball and the attack ends.
The only way I’d see Rashford working is if he played in a 2 up front system as the left sided striker but playing 2 up front seems to be a foreign concept these days. I’m so sick of 433 and 433 variations. Pretty much every team plays this way…. It’s f****** boring.

Rashford has no link up play. He tries to dribble the wing and 9 times out of 10 he loses the ball and the attack ends.
The only way I’d see Rashford working is if he played in a 2 up front system as the left sided striker but playing 2 up front seems to be a foreign concept these days. I’m so sick of 433 and 433 variations. Pretty much every team plays this way…. It’s f****** boring.
Well, you’re likely correct there. To win at home and in Europe you really have to play 4-3-3 or a variation of it. Rashford doesn’t seem to be able to grasp a 3 up front is different to 2 so maybe a team that is 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 or even 3-5-2 would suit him better.

Well, you’re likely correct there. To win at home and in Europe you really have to play 4-3-3 or a variation of it. Rashford doesn’t seem to be able to grasp a 3 up front is different to 2 so maybe a team that is 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 or even 3-5-2 would suit him better.
I don’t think you have to use a 433 (or variant) to win and playing 2 up front would be something teams aren’t used to facing. I’m not saying he invented 433. I think the Dutch invented 433 but all the top teams try to copy Guardiola’s tactics. I personally think this is a glaring error because it’s simply never going to be as good a Man City’s version. They have the manager and the bottomless pit of money to be the best at it. Someone needs to think up something new rather trying to play a lesser version of how City play.

Someone needs to think up something new rather trying to play a lesser version of how City play.
Yep, i wish, teams would take the bull by the horns. Lets have players taking on opponents. Not playing it like a game of chess. I am fed up with the modern game. Its boring. I don't watch full matches anymore. I end up struggling to keep my eyes open. Football as a game is finished IMO.

Back
Top Bottom