Modifying PES6 stats for better gameplay

no bread

Wellington Phoenix!
1 April 2007
Wellington, New Zealand
Tottenham Hotspur
Hey everyone

I have been tinkering with players stats for PES6 to make for a tougher game. But I haven't been modifiying the stats outrageously so its hard to judge exactly what skill level someone is e.g. some "gameplay" option files reduce/increase some stats dramatically, so when you are buying a player in ML for example, you have to think "how good is he? ok so everyones top speed is reduced by 20 so this guy is pretty fast with 70.

Among other things, I have found with pes6 that the short pass speed is painfully slow when doing a normal pass. I have also found the computer is too easy to defend. I am conceding less than goal per game on average.

Here are my changes. This is useful if you want to apply these to your own option file.

Note this is on 6 star/top player. These changes aren't final. I am still tinkering with them.

With these changes I am trying to make the PC a more potent threat in the attack, and a bit tougher on defence, without trying to give myself, the player, too much of an advantage.

**Stat changes for everyone**

Top speed -6
- make a little less arcadey
Short pass speed +10
- to prevent the slowwww short passes (non-thru ball). Doesn't have too much of an effect on through balls
Shot power +6
- computer's shots are always a bit tame
Shot technique +4
- same as above
Agility +9
- makes computer do things quicker i.e. passing, shooting - general thinking about what to do with the ball. so it is harder to dispossess
Long pass speed -4
- helps with the lob through balls the computer tends to do. they are usually sickly fast.
Teamwork +5
- a bit iffy here. seems to be working well in helping the computer work together a bit more. create more gaps

**everyone but GK**
Response +7
- helps positioning of computer players as well as attacking a loose ball.

**Stat changes for specific positions**

Defenders (CB, SB) - Balance +3
- helps their defenders dispossess you. But doesn't seem to make difference with human controlled players.
Attackers (CF, SS, WF, SMF, AMF, CMF) - Header +5, Aggression +5
- try to increase ratio of headers scored.
- increasing aggression means the attackers push into the final third more.

I'm still experimenting on what effect changing the attack and defence stat does.

Feedback/suggestions/help!

if all the stats of the players you take from pesstat database then + 4 Shot technique, +6 Shot power,+5 Heading for CF/SS will be too much and will make the game more easier because if you have a good team then it will be very easy to score and win all ur games with these stats,a random CF in the game have 80 Shot technique for example,when you give him + 4 it i will be 84 and if he has yellow or red arrow,he will be over 90 and with such a huge shot power/technique,,from 10 shots,7 of them will be super powerfull and goal probably,I agree with Response/Team Work/Top Speed but + 4 for Mentality too for all players if you want much harder challenger..

Team Work + 5 is good for all players but - 20 maybe for all CF or even more,if you dont like him to give a pass like a stupid one when he has % 100 chance to score then give less team work to the attackers...And CF's has nothing to do with the team defence so - 8 Defence to all CF..

+ 2 Defence/+ 2 GK Skills for all Goal Keepers will make them much better and not easy for u to score...

And the most important is i think the defenders,- 5 agression/- 5 Attack to all CB/CWB...

Last thing is for more realistic game playe + 5 Freekick for all players,so the computer can score some freckick goals just like in real anytime in the game and you can loose the match (1-0) with such a amazing freekick goal but with default stats they never score goal from freekick...

Check this out

http://www.cubomagico.110mb.com/stats.html

Last edited:
Agreed with your input about the stats. however these seem to work "in the game". These stat changes work so far but probably more so to my style of play. But if its hard for me on top player, because I am pretty good at this game and consider myself at the upper end of pro evo players, then it will be hard for others. However, I haven't tested this extensively, so my changes are inconclusive at this stage.

Thanks for the other suggestions, though. I shall try them!

Now with changing the mentality, I thought all this does is make peoples stamina diminish not so rapidly towards the end of the game?

Also, your link doesn't work??

I am not sure if the higher mentality effects to stamania but i think it does because higher mentality means more harder challenger who never give up 90 min long so maybe it makes the players more tired because they are running more in the whole game if they have high mentality..

And sorry about the link,it was something about the stats,if i find new one then i will post here..

Has anyone found in pes6 that the AI tries wayyy too many lob through balls for the striker, with most of these balls being lobbed way over the goal line? It is very annoying.

I'm wondering if anyone has modified a stat to reduce this. Teamwork? Attack?

Out of interest, which editor are you using to edit stats?

I've just switched to Pes 6 from 10 and i want to slow the game down a little bit.

Thanks in advance :-)

Has anyone found in pes6 that the AI tries wayyy too many lob through balls for the striker, with most of these balls being lobbed way over the goal line? It is very annoying.

I run a PES Fantasy League on another forum i'm on so the computer plays with the user managing, and yes this is very frustrating!!

Well if all your stats are accurate,all the teams and all the players in ur OF from A to Z then the computer playing almost just like a human,specially on Master Leauge..But of course there are silly actions sometimes by computer but we should have to accept that its just a computer game which is far away better than any other...

by the way link is working now..

http://www.cubomagico.110mb.com/stats.html

Last edited:
I did an edited game play version for PES6, the link is at the bottom of this post.

Anyway, I spent a long time getting it right and edited most positions individually as I think you need it.

There is no set list of things to do to make the game play better easily, I would recommend you keep making changes and trying them out.

If you want to make the game harder, increase the mentality, teamwork and aggression of all players and balance this with stamina increases.

If you look at the top teams, this is normally about 85 for each player. I would say that even poor teams should have this at 78 - 84 and then really good teams slightly higher and then the skill of each player comes into to it more.

Also, look at increasing the movement stats to make the game play more fluid. Increase response, agility, dribbling accuracy and dribbling speed and technique by 1 or 2 and try it (this may not need done, I cant remember if PES already had good motion and I needed to slow it and increase passing speed and accuracy to make it more realistic so you needed to pass through a team rather than running past them dribbling)

I think the PES6 version for the PC ended up being my favourite once I had sorted out the stats.

If anyone is interested I am doing a PC vesion of the PESEdit patch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom