PC Gaming

Do you have it capped at 60fps or unlocked? DirectX11 or DirectX12?

I have changed the resolution to use the Nvidia Super Sampling...

Resolution is now - 5120x2880 and the graphics have improved and frame rate is now about 130.. There is no more issues.
I have been using unlocked frame rate and Direct X 12.

I have changed the resolution to use the Nvidia Super Sampling...

Resolution is now - 5120x2880 and the graphics have improved and frame rate is now about 130.. There is no more issues.
I have been using unlocked frame rate and Direct X 12.

Oh ok cool. Huge resolution that! :D

I assume your card also has DLSS?

If your thinking of building a new rig, end of the year is definitely going to be the best time.
You will get the choice of all the new hardware.

AMD and Nvidia are both releasing new GFX cards before the end of the year, and we are not sure of the performance of these cards, although it is safe to assume Nvidia cards will offer a 30-40% increase in performance like for like.
AMD are tough to call as the new Big Navi cards are being stated as actually being able to match the high end Nvidia cards, which AMD have not managed to do for a number of years now - Hence the really high prices of GFX cards on the top end.

The new AMD processors are also meant to hit the end of the year, and when they are released will probably absolute destroy the latest Intel processors.
Game performance wise the latest Intel chips are better, as they have better single core performance - However AMD are better at everything else.
I do reckon this year AMD will be able to match Intel for gaming performance, and when that happens I will certainly buy an AMD processor - If they don't match Intel in game performance then I will leave my upgrade another year.

I will 100% upgrade my graphics card this year, as although my 2080 is going to be more powerful than the next gen consoles, there is no better time for buying a new graphics card than when they are first released.
hehe... :D
i did build a rig just last week after more than 15 years. its all pretty easy these days... and current cases really make it easy to hide cables and stuff. very nice!!
here my system:

be quiet Pure Base 600
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
AMD Ryzen5 3600
2x 8GB Gskill Ripjaws 3200
Crucial M2 500GB NVME
Ben Nevis Cooler
GTX 1060
be quiet pure power 11 700watt

total costs around 550 euro.

i installed windows10, installed drivers and stuff and finally installed Steam. played some Raceroom and some PES Lite. its ok but not mine.
ill be sending everything back this week.

it started with controller implementation (DS4 in steam)... over some driver quirks... switching between applications... and other minor stuff.... overall: getting everything to run as convinient as i'm used to wasnt the case. i did that project to be able to mod PES and play some racing sims (so pure gaming for these 2 genres)... but FOR ME its not worth it. i just saw that first hand afer that experiment.

i just want to press a button and play! you could also say i'm to old for that shXX! :D
none the less... it was a nice experience after all those years. and oh boy... was windows fast! :APPLAUD:plus a lot of resources avaiable!
thats the one part i really liked... as a desktop office machine it would be super awesome. just for gaming... na... i dont see me gaming on PC anymore!

Edit: proof!
96A67F4B-F234-436A-8181-6030BAAB57A4.jpeg

FF37162E-FD34-4B52-86EB-66B783B566F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Well least you tried it and each to their own.

I game on PC and always will, they are much quicker than consoles and with Nvidia experience and auto patching through steam..
Although not as easy as consoles, these programs have certainly made PC gaming incredibly easy these days + You can do so much more on a PC compared to a console.

I have never had any issues with drivers, but then I use Xbox controllers on PC as I much prefer the Xbox controllers to the PS4 controllers.

Well least you tried it and each to their own.

I game on PC and always will, they are much quicker than consoles and with Nvidia experience and auto patching through steam..
Although not as easy as consoles, these programs have certainly made PC gaming incredibly easy these days + You can do so much more on a PC compared to a console.

I have never had any issues with drivers, but then I use Xbox controllers on PC as I much prefer the Xbox controllers to the PS4 controllers.
Fair. Enjoy mate (with all the benefits I’m not able to enjoy)!!
Just had to find out for myself... ;)

When the new DS, with all its features, will be in my hands, I know I’ll be home. :D

The strip back of the rig was as exciting as the build. :D boy, was I sensitive and concentrated while rebuilding...

Fair. Enjoy mate (with all the benefits I’m not able to enjoy)!!
Just had to find out for myself... ;)

When the new DS, with all its features, will be in my hands, I know I’ll be home. :D

The strip back of the rig was as exciting as the build. :D boy, was I sensitive and concentrated while rebuilding...

I haven't really checked PC prices in a while, but to get that sort of build for 550 Euros is pretty good.
As the spec of the machine is very close to what the specs of the next gen consoles will apparently be.

I haven't really checked PC prices in a while, but to get that sort of build for 550 Euros is pretty good.
As the spec of the machine is very close to what the specs of the next gen consoles will apparently be.
Got lucky with second hand gfx card and cpu being sold at a low price. Other parts I had a quick research over 2-3 weeks for the best prices.

This machine was as close to a perfectly customized and optimized PS5 as the earth is to the sun; by end result, imo. ;)

I leave it here. :BYE:

@Chuny

Just saw this monitor being released shortly.
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/lg-ultragear-27gn950-is-the-4k-144hz-gaming-monitor-to-have
https://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-27GN950-B#none

I might be looking at this all wrong, however the specs of the monitor are pretty much identical to the EVE Spectrum.
Both are 27" LG IPS panels and 144Hz.
HDR 600
Same connectors on the back of the monitor - Although the EVE Spectrum has HDMI 2.1 and the LG looks to have HDMI 2.0 - This only makes a difference though if I use it with my PS5 - However with the Spider-Man announcement today, the PS5 looks incredibly unlikely to be doing 4K over 60FPS anyway.

I am thinking the EVE Spectrum is going to be the LG monitor rebadged.

It is looking like the EVE Spectrum monitor is going to be exceptional value at $750.

As I personally reckon I will send back the Samsung monitor, it is an absolute fantastic monitor but 32" is too big for a monitor and I personally now feel that 4K 144Hz is definitely the way forward.
However if I had bought the 28" version of the Odyssey then it would certainly be a very difficult decision.

Last edited:
@Chuny

Just saw this monitor being released shortly.
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/lg-ultragear-27gn950-is-the-4k-144hz-gaming-monitor-to-have
https://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-27GN950-B#none

I might be looking at this all wrong, however the specs of the monitor are pretty much identical to the EVE Spectrum.
Both are 27" LG IPS panels and 144Hz.
HDR 600
Same connectors on the back of the monitor - Although the EVE Spectrum has HDMI 2.1 and the LG looks to have HDMI 2.0 - This only makes a difference though if I use it with my PS5 - However with the Spider-Man announcement today, the PS5 looks incredibly unlikely to be doing 4K over 60FPS anyway.

I am thinking the EVE Spectrum is going to be the LG monitor rebadged.

It is looking like the EVE Spectrum monitor is going to be exceptional value at $750.

As I personally reckon I will send back the Samsung monitor, it is an absolute fantastic monitor but 32" is too big for a monitor and I personally now feel that 4K 144Hz is definitely the way forward.
However if I had bought the 28" version of the Odyssey then it would certainly be a very difficult decision.

Looks fantastic mate!

I think HDR 600 is a bit 'meh' though. HDR needs to be 1000nits in order to really shine and be worth it.
But, at that price, with all those features.... can't complain really!

I'll be looking forward to the reviews on this one, for sure!

Looks fantastic mate!

I think HDR 600 is a bit 'meh' though. HDR needs to be 1000nits in order to really shine and be worth it.
But, at that price, with all those features.... can't complain really!

I'll be looking forward to the reviews on this one, for sure!

There are hardly any monitors with 1000nits at the moment + Microsoft need to fix HDR in Windows 10.
I will certainly be waiting for reviews, but I reckon this is the monitor I will be purchasing.
EVE as a company have such a bad reputation, that if you order from them you probably won't receive the monitor till next year or at all.

There are hardly any monitors with 1000nits at the moment + Microsoft need to fix HDR in Windows 10.
I will certainly be waiting for reviews, but I reckon this is the monitor I will be purchasing.
EVE as a company have such a bad reputation, that if you order from them you probably won't receive the monitor till next year or at all.

Yeah, like I said here https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pc-gaming-thread.72511/post-3557144 the Predator X27 has the full set of features. It has it all.
But the price is.... bananas! AND, one would probably need a GPU that isn't even out YET in order to take full advantage of that monitor's power.

I reckon the price might be dropping soon because of all the new tech that's coming out by the end of the year.

Yeah, like I said here https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pc-gaming-thread.72511/post-3557144 the Predator X27 has the full set of features. It has it all.
But the price is.... bananas! AND, one would probably need a GPU that isn't even out YET in order to take full advantage of that monitor's power.

I reckon the price might be dropping soon because of all the new tech that's coming out by the end of the year.

Yeah, I would never pay £1800 for a monitor... That's more than a 65" 4K OLED.

@bsmaff
I'm having a hard time hooking my 60'' Samsung TV (4K, HDR) to my PC. The TV is supposed to be able to run games a 60hz in 4K resolution.
I can't get a decent performance out of games like FIFA and PES.
Any ideas?. Is my GPU so dated already?.

@bsmaff
I'm having a hard time hooking my 60'' Samsung TV (4K, HDR) to my PC. The TV is supposed to be able to run games a 60hz in 4K resolution.

TBH I have never hooked up my PC to a TV so not too sure what could be wrong.
I would of thought like a console, you connect it and then make sure you change the settings to game mode.

There is nothing wrong with your GFX card a 1080Ti is still high end.

@bsmaff
just last week i had my 55"4k/hdr hooked to the PC i build. installed as a generic monitor, surprisingly no problems here at all.
i had to set the Hz to 60 in the nvida settings. then it all worked very well screen wise.

Samsung Odessey:-

So after using the monitor for nearly 3 weeks now, I can say the quality of the monitor itself is incredible.
The curve I got used to very quickly and I would now say I actually prefer a curved monitor.
I have also switched back a couple of time between monitors to see what I actually prefer and TBH I am very torn on whether a 28" or 32" monitor is best - With a 28" you can see the whole screen at once, and you don't feel like your eyes are shall I say seeking around the screen, where as the 32", I felt I was weird when using it for general Windows use, as I kept feeling I was seeking around the screen and not everything on the screen is viewable.
But for gaming I actually found the 32" to be slightly better.

Gaming:-
This was a different level, this is where I thought I was going to be really torn between what is better 4K 60FPS or 1440p depending on game was anywhere from 120 - 180 FPS.

Then you start playing games and all of a sudden resolution becomes irrelevant, having higher FPS is a very clear winner.
Sports games feel and look so much more fluid.
FPS though is where the difference really comes in, I don't know what happened but I found myself killing on average more people per game than using my 4K 60Hz monitor.

I honestly thought I would send the monitor back, but I am 100% keeping it..
Took me about 10 days to 2 weeks to get used to a 32", and maybe should of bought the 28"..
I know everyone online says 1440P 144Hz is better than 4K 60Hz, but personally I did not believe it - I always thought resolution was king - Now I would never go back to a measly 60FPS.

Windows:-
As stated using the monitor within Windows is a bit of a pain, as when your sat less than a metre away it can be a bit awkward at times, but I have been getting used to it.

HDR:-
TBH the HDR elements are OK at best, it is switched on in most games I tried, but it doesn't make any sort of real difference - Unlike my LG OLED where you turn on HDR and the picture becomes instantly better and noticeable.

Last edited:
Gaming:-
This was a different level, this is where I thought I was going to be really torn between what is better 4K 60FPS or 1440p depending on game was anywhere from 120 - 180 FPS.

Then you start playing games and all of a sudden resolution becomes irrelevant, having higher FPS is a very clear winner.
Sports games feel and look so much more fluid.
FPS though is where the difference really comes in, I don't know what happened but I found myself killing on average more people per game than using my 4K 60Hz monitor.
Toldya :D

with rx5700 xt once i upgraded the gpu driver from 20.4.2 to 20.7.2 pes stop working.
i see in several forums that is an amd issue...2 times now i get this joke..i roll back with ddu to 20.4.2
this sucks big time

Yes read that the game is going to require a lot of patching on PC.
I had it on PS4, the intro went on too long and boring as anything so turned it off and never tried it again - Should of given it longer, as meant to be a great game, but no game should ever be that incredibly dull for 20 minutes.

Yes read that the game is going to require a lot of patching on PC.
I had it on PS4, the intro went on too long and boring as anything so turned it off and never tried it again - Should of given it longer, as meant to be a great game, but no game should ever be that incredibly dull for 20 minutes.

This is one of those games I actually enjoyed, so I recommend giving it another go.... I don't really remember the beginning being dull. It's weird because I am usually not a big fan of these big maps, do this, find that on a marker etc. I found combat pretty cool.
I couldn't finish God of War for example, but enjoyed this one....

@Chuny

https://www.displayninja.com/lg-27gn950-review/#:~:text=Image Quality,for striking and rich colors.

Pretty decent review of the LG monitor.
I really liked the bit at the bottom comparing it to the Samsung Odessey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if we compare the LG 27GN950 to the Samsung 27G7, the difference in detail clarity in video games won’t be that noticeable as the 108 PPI density of 1440p resolution on a 27″ monitor still has very crisp details.

For productivity or editing work, the LG 27GN950 offers a noticeably sharper picture quality.

However, the difference between 144Hz of the GN950 and 240Hz of the G7 is also not that deal-breaking. So, it’s really a matter of whether you prefer slightly better details or slightly smoother motion!

Since 1440p is a lot less demanding than 4K though, we are more inclined to recommend the G7 for PC gaming as ~144FPS on a 1440p 240Hz monitor is a lot smoother than ~60FPS on a 4K 144Hz display.

Of course, this also depends on what type of games you play, what PC setup you have or plan to get, and what frame rate and picture settings you’d be satisfied with.

As for the image quality, the G7 has the edge here due to its significantly higher contrast ratio that provides much more vivid and deep blacks.

If, on the other hand, you need a monitor for color-critical work, the LG 27GN950 is a better option due to its superior color consistency whereas the G7 will do fine for basic content creation where color accuracy is not as important.

The last thing to consider is the variable refresh rate performance as some units of the G7 monitor exhibit FreeSync brightness flickering when FreeSync/G-SYNC is enabled which is a common issue for most VA panel monitors.

Alternatively, you might want to wait for the upcoming 1440p 240Hz IPS models as an in-between option.

Nvidia event is rumoured to be scheduled for 9th September with the new GPU's being available 17th September.

Latest rumours:-
RTX 3090 to have a 60-90% performance increase over 2080Ti
RTX 3080 to have a 20% performance increase over 2080Ti
RTX 3060 to have similar Ray Tracing performance as the 2080Ti
4x Ray Tracing performance RTX 2000 series
DLS 3.0, will be able to be swicthed on for any game with TAA
NVCache being introduced so some textures are stored in RAM and on SSD - Increasing loading times and improving GPU perfomance

No price as of yet, but would expect them to have a small increase over current gen + with no competition from AMD on the high end, then there is zero need for Nvidia to decrease the pricing.

Last edited:
Nvidia event is rumoured to be scheduled for 9th September with the new GPU's being available 17th September.

Latest rumours:-
RTX 3090 to have a 60-90% performance increase over 2080Ti
RTX 3080 to have a 20% performance increase over 2080Ti
RTX 3060 to have similar Ray Tracing performance as the 2080Ti
4x Ray Tracing performance RTX 2000 series
DLS 3.0, will be able to be swicthed on for any game with TAA
NVCache being introduced so some textures are stored in RAM and on SSD - Increasing loading times and improving GPU perfomance

No price as of yet, but would expect them to have a small increase over current gen + with no competition from AMD on the high end, then there is zero need for Nvidia to decrease the pricing.

Would all variants be available in Sept? I thought NVIDIA would release the high end ones first and the 3060 prob around Nov-Dec. I really wish AMD would start pushing them, these are not going to be in stock for a while and their prices will probably go thru the roof. As someone who wants to build a PC in 2021, I'd like to venture into AMD as theyre CPUs are getting pretty good, but for GPU I would go with Nvidia.

Would all variants be available in Sept? I thought NVIDIA would release the high end ones first and the 3060 prob around Nov-Dec. I really wish AMD would start pushing them, these are not going to be in stock for a while and their prices will probably go thru the roof. As someone who wants to build a PC in 2021, I'd like to venture into AMD as theyre CPUs are getting pretty good, but for GPU I would go with Nvidia.

Rumours are only 3090 and 3080 are being released September and rest following later.
I would expect the 3070 and below to be released around the same time as the Navi GPU's, as Nvidia know AMD won't touch them high end.

2021 will be a good year to build a new PC, new GPU's coming end of the year and if the leaked information about the next Gen Ryzen's are true they are not just going to hammer Intel on Multi-core usage, but finally might be equal to or beat Intel in gaming performance.

Last edited:
Total War Saga - Troy

Is free on Epic store for today and today only - So be quick.
It's for 24h ours free. From 15 o'clock today to 14:59 o'clock Friday 14th of august CET.

And I read on a german newswebsite that the first DLC will also free on epic. But don't know if this is correct.

I like the Total War series but not the warhammer frenchise. But I'm a total noob. :D

Back
Top Bottom